20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 86.
#1401 3 years ago

Has anybody asked yet if the bat on the lower left side of the playing field is in the game? If not and he is in the Hot Wheels City show - can you add him?
Thanks!

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Has anybody asked yet if the bat on the lower left side of the playing field is in the game? If not and he is in the Hot Wheels City show - can you add him?
Thanks!

Maybe it is in the final battle (question mark insert)?

HotWheels-Playfield-Battles (resized).jpgHotWheels-Playfield-Battles (resized).jpg
#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Thanks!

There are many creatures in the Hot Wheels City show that have not made their way into the machine. We were not huge fans of the shark footage, but did find a way to get him into the game for the Tilt sequence (and including him was not universally loved by the design team). The bat was in the HWC art we got, so our artist used it, but we have not seen them appear in any episodes. Of course who knows what the future may bring.

#1404 3 years ago

dupe

#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The bat was in the HWC art we got, so our artist used it, but we have not seen them appear in any episodes. Of course who knows what the future may bring.

The more creature battles the better, all my son cares about getting. But he keeps him interested in the game which is more than most games usually do for him.

#1406 3 years ago

As an elder fart playing the game I can say that the creature battles are very hard. My game is set back to factory settings (with 3 ball games).

I barely have gotten on the board for stopping the Gorilla (once), I stopped the Cobras (once) and am wistfully waiting to stop the T-Rex and Triceratops - though I have done enough damage to finally get on the board with some scoring against the beasts .

My focus is usually how to win the race (got to Victory Lap once ) and keep the RPMS going on higher and higher .

#1407 3 years ago

Be aware that most of the Battles have settings for adjusting their difficulty (beyond just the timers, which is also a setting). So if it gives you more enjoyment, feel free to make 'em easier.

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I barely have gotten on the board for stopping the Gorilla (once), I stopped the Cobras (once) and am wistfully waiting to stop the T-Rex and Triceratops - though I have done enough damage to finally get on the board with some scoring against the beasts .

I like to stack Track MB with the battles, especially the first track, since it is easy to start, and that helps in the battles.

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Be aware that most of the Battles have settings for adjusting their difficulty (beyond just the timers, which is also a setting). So if it gives you more enjoyment, feel free to make 'em easier.

Thanks and saw that when I first unpacked the machine. Not quite there yet but when I really want to see them all defeated I might break down and jump in and do that.

Quoted from rosh:

I like to stack Track MB with the battles, especially the first track, since it is easy to start, and that helps in the battles.

Thank you and good point. I will try to remember that. Right now I am going for mindless reptition as I am being Pavolvian trained to get the ever increasing, thumping speedier beat as I move up positions. I made it to third gear now (once). Too much fun and entirely too addicting . Thanks, ferret and rosh (and Dave and AP) .

And of course I expect every pinball machine I ever play going forward to have perfectly synchronized light shows with syncrhonized shaking and vibrating on the machine. Thank you for stopping just before inducing seizures . You have set the bar high. I love it

#1410 3 years ago

I'm glad you notice/appreciate that dynamic music as you advance in the race. Very nice work by Matt Kern.

#1411 3 years ago

Ferret, You all are disgustingly wonderful. Wanna know another subtle thing I picked up on you rascals did? I just noticed as I change left or right letters spelling "EPIC" during any car information animations on top the lights in the smaller icons move along with my button changes as part of the heads up informational display. You slick ferrets and weasels, you. Nicely done

Edit: Yes, kids are loving the dinosaurs in this game. Can't go wrong with Hot Wheels and dinosaurs.

#1412 3 years ago

It showed up today!

Robert

2DA00832-91BC-412A-A003-B5392D86F2E3 (resized).jpeg2DA00832-91BC-412A-A003-B5392D86F2E3 (resized).jpegD498452B-C21A-44AA-91D7-5D5DEEE4B958 (resized).jpegD498452B-C21A-44AA-91D7-5D5DEEE4B958 (resized).jpegEA62ABC7-8834-4CAA-9920-9A0F520DCB06 (resized).jpegEA62ABC7-8834-4CAA-9920-9A0F520DCB06 (resized).jpeg
#1413 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

It showed up today!
Robert
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Let us know how you like it.

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Awesome! Let us know how you like it.

Yeah I’m leaning towards getting one too really want to know how you like it

#1415 3 years ago

Nice!! Just ordered one! Should be here within a week!! Come on hot wheels and welcome to AZ!!

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Nice!! Just ordered one! Should be here within a week!! Come on hot wheels and welcome to AZ!!

Lmk what your thoughts are it’s either this or gnr

#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Lmk what your thoughts are it’s either this or gnr

Can't comment about GNR, but Hot Wheels is a fantastic game all around.

#1418 3 years ago

so i just noticed this pit stop target on ls outlane. its under the ramp and hard to see. now i know what is activating the pit stop on that out lane.

39EC3A93-31C0-4769-8214-DD63365B7426 (resized).jpeg39EC3A93-31C0-4769-8214-DD63365B7426 (resized).jpeg76564155-5580-4798-B178-27956AFD1114 (resized).jpeg76564155-5580-4798-B178-27956AFD1114 (resized).jpeg
#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

so i just noticed this pit stop target on ls outlane. its under the ramp and hard to see. now i know what is activating the pit stop on that out lane.

Yup hit that a few times and it lights the Pit Stop ball save. Don't quote me on this, but I believe I made those bankable.

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Yup hit that a few times and it lights the Pit Stop ball save. Don't quote me on this, but I believe I made those bankable.

Love the pit stop. Anyone have an idea of how many hits it takes to light? Love the call out and animation.

#1421 3 years ago

Target hits needed to light Pit Stop depends on difficulty (Settings > Hot Wheels > Pit Stop Difficulty) but at the default Medium setting, it needs 2, 5, 8, 11, ... hits to light. And yes, you can stack them (i.e. target hits accumulating toward your next Pit Stop Lit, even if Pit Stop is already lit).

#1422 3 years ago

Congrats to those getting their new games. You are in for a big treat. This is one my favorite games in my collection. You will enjoy this.

If AP game #4 is even remotely as good as #3 I am probably in on day One.

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Congrats to those getting their new games. You are in for a big treat. This is one my favorite games in my collection. You will enjoy this.

Better than AFM? That is my favorite game. Looking forward to that big treat when my HW arrives (hopefully next month).

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yep. We are the same way. Just waiting for the announcement.

#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Yep. We are the same way. Just waiting for the announcement.

Is AP supposed to be announcing their next game soon? or do you just mean that when the time eventually comes?

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Better than AFM? That is my favorite game. Looking forward to that big treat when my HW arrives (hopefully next month).

It is DIFFERENT than AFM in a good way and similar in others.
If you mean, is there fantastic integration between lights, sounds and the pinball movement, I think it is better than AFM. (And I love AFM).
There are several stories/modes like AFM but you don't need to do them all progressively like in AFM.

Since it is all a subjective thing let us know your thoughts after you get it.
Hope you are as delighted as we are.

#1427 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

It is a different game. I like to say the code is very wide as the rules are not deep per se but there are lots of modes and they are all accessible without having to complete a previous mode (with the exception of Craven). The tach and gear changing features are really cool. I like that there is a dedicated timed MB to celebrate reaching a new gear. You can stack a lot of things and this leads to interesting opportunities to blow up your score. But it takes skill...it really is a shooters game. The light show is one of the best I have seen. The only light shows I think are better are TNA and Rick and Morty....barely.

#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

i am already hunting down a houdini to put next to the hot wheels. would love to know what AP # 4 is gonna be.

#1429 3 years ago

I've had my Hot Wheels for 3 days now and played 4 or 5 games. So I don't have a lot of time on it

It's definitely a shooters game Tight, tight lanes and ramp entrances. Probably required to have as much stuff in the upper playfield as they do.

Haven't figured out the rules yet, but it's a lot of fun to play.

Robert

#1430 3 years ago

With the shot tightness, do you guys with kids find that they still enjoy it? Or is it a lot of bricked shots?

#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

With the shot tightness, do you guys with kids find that they still enjoy it? Or is it a lot of bricked shots?

It is my daughter's favorite game. She is 14. Both my kids have no trouble hitting shots. Because there are so many things to do, most people start at least one or two things (modes, multiball, or red line) a game without even knowing the rules.

#1432 3 years ago

Is AP supposed to be announcing their next game soon? or do you just mean that when the time eventually comes?

Eventually

#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I've had my Hot Wheels for 3 days now and played 4 or 5 games. So I don't have a lot of time on it
It's definitely a shooters game Tight, tight lanes and ramp entrances. Probably required to have as much stuff in the upper playfield as they do.
Haven't figured out the rules yet, but it's a lot of fun to play.
Robert

Tight like Hoidini Tight, have you played houdini ?

#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Tight like Hoidini Tight, have you played houdini ?

No it’s not that tight. Shots are not bad at all.

#1435 3 years ago

Shots on Hot Wheels are not too tight. Most are pretty easy. Only little bit tougher one is Turbo Boost and I find I can backhand that one pretty well.

If you buy one you will enjoy it.

#1436 3 years ago

Is there a leaderboard somewhere for all the challenges going on?

#1438 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Shots on Hot Wheels are not too tight. Most are pretty easy. Only little bit tougher one is Turbo Boost and I find I can backhand that one pretty well.
If you buy one you will enjoy it.

Agreed; that being said, I find that playing HW for a spell, then playing my other pins, they seem a bit easier. HW has made me a better shot for sure.

#1439 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Agreed; that being said, I find that playing HW for a spell, then playing my other pins, they seem a bit easier. HW has made me a better shot for sure.

Maybe because the rules are clear and concise, yet very good - that you are more focused on what you are shooting for while playing. That focus makes you a better shot and may carry over to how you play and enjoy your other games.

I am very impressed with this game and quite happy I bought one. To me it has a classic feel, that does not get old. A game you can enjoy for many years.

#1440 3 years ago

Please tell Matt Kern if he isn't on Pinside he should work the music selections for all your games. I love his transitions. I have gone through what I think are all the levels and modes on medium - this is due to lack of sleep this weekend but my own choice and fault . Having feeling proud of myself (or a total idiot ) I decided to try other settings.

To get more Matt Music I changed the starting settings for the RACE to start at position 4 and then 2 to get more thumping back beat cool music. It is wonderful and reminder to owners to try things in the settings. I did get a remarkable 14 sec race (going from 2nd place to 1st place) but that is what resetting all the scores is for .

Plus I don't mind the game narrator telling me "Great" and "You're pretty good at this." Who did the game narration, rosh (or ferret)?

Thanks again for making a fun game. I am thinking of just blanket loading your Easy presets for when we have relatives and their kids come over and let them have at it.

I can always reload "Medium" later on.

#1441 3 years ago

The thing where the "default" background music amps up more and more as you progress through the race is brilliant on Matt's part. I can't think of anything quite like it in pinball since Whitewater. A bit more subtle: quite a number of the sound effects also change as you progress through the race. There are other conceptually similar audio features, like the RPM target sound effects getting more enthusiastic as the Tach gets revved up.

All the game voices were by professional voice actors. Trust me, you do not want the voices of either rosh or myself coming out of your game's speakers.

Very glad to hear that you're having so much fun!

#1442 3 years ago

Put it this way. I gave my 9 year old son the choice between keeping Hot Wheels or TMNT LE. He chose Hot Wheels. Out of all the pins I've had, Hot Wheels is the only one any of my children have gotten attached to.

#1443 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Put it this way. I gave my 9 year old son the choice between keeping Hot Wheels or TMNT LE. He chose Hot Wheels. Out of all the pins I've had, Hot Wheels is the only one any of my children have gotten attached to.

Thanks Potatoloco and Crile1 for the responses, I really appreciate it. The more I watch gameplay of hot wheels, the more I’m loving it.

#1444 3 years ago

I’m debating on trading my Jurassic Park Pro for this. Thoughts?

#1445 3 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Hmm. I loved playing JP Premium and probably would trade it if I had it. I have not played the Pro. Can you play it somewhere so you can get a hands on test and see for yourself? Your taste may not be quite the same as mine. Hope that helped.

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

You could always buy one again later if you do trade. If it's a pretty even up trade you are talking about I'd do it in a heartbeat !

#1447 3 years ago

The grandkids came over yesterday and played Hot Wheels for a short period of time.

The older ones thought it was great and wanted to play it longer.

But the 3-year-old played for a little bit and then wanted me to get him the yellow Hot Wheels car inside the game. And he wouldn't play any longer, he just started crying when his mom said you can't have that car.

Robert

#1448 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The grandkids came over yesterday and played Hot Wheels for a short period of time.
The older ones thought it was great and wanted to play it longer.
But the 3-year-old played for a little bit and then wanted me to get him the yellow Hot Wheels car inside the game. And he wouldn't play any longer, he just started crying when his mom said you can't have that car.
Robert

That happens. If you want to win grandfather of the year, you can pick up a few Hot Wheels cars from the supermarket or drug store and give him one next time he comes over to play (if mom agrees to it). Bonus points if you can find the same car he wanted but hey, life is like a Hot Wheels track - it has it's ups and downs .

#1449 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Trust me, you do not want the voices of either rosh or myself coming out of your game's speakers.
Very glad to hear that you're having so much fun!

He was nice enough to give us Houdini owners a setting to only use the female voice for the movie announcements when he added his.

#1450 3 years ago

I've had cars fall off inside the game, and I have reset them only to have them fall off again.

So I drilled a small hole, 5/64, and put a small screw through the base plate into the car.

The cars that I did this to aren't going to fall off again.

Robert

IMG_20200928_155425810~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20200928_155425810~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20200928_155553073 (resized).jpgIMG_20200928_155553073 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

There are 4,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.