Topic Stats

• 1,389 posts
  • 209 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 195 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

003 - 10th place (resized).png
002 - 11th place (resized).png
001 - Goal (resized).png
revised fridge topper (resized).JPG
fridge topper (resized).JPG
58192DD6-EA69-45B6-9533-1A872BC4939D (resized).png
D0F5345E-547E-4EC1-A93D-12E671704595 (resized).png
964195A0-312B-49C5-B96D-6DB30B244492 (resized).png
IMG_1128 (resized).jpg
2B8A6C80-19E9-4FC0-B285-41ADD28136A1 (resized).jpeg
459701B5-FD81-41A3-ACD7-D8DA6C3C9BF6 (resized).jpeg
Ball Stuck at top (resized).JPG
Code-update-20.09.01 (resized).png
IMG_1115 (resized).jpg
IMG_1114 (resized).jpg
20200818_130308 (resized).jpg

There are 1389 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 28.
#1351 8 days ago
Quoted from skogen75:

...ball flying off the orange ramp only happens to me when I get the ball really flying around the inner loops and then time the orange ramp perfectly.
I would say it’s not so much flipper power is too high (never happens from a cradle or an inlane flip) as it is the ball having a high amount of speed and and it being redirected up the orange ramp.

This! Rarely happens. Last time it did, the ball crashed into a car and knocked it off its mount.

#1352 8 days ago
Quoted from robotron:

from day 1 my shooter feels awful like its sliding on sandpaper instead of a bushing. whats the fix?

On my Houdini there was a washer installed on the shooter rod between the housing and the spring, once I took that off it has been very smooth.

#1353 8 days ago

My knocker does not work in the loop crash multi ball,I think it’s to knock when a ball smacks into another locked on the magnet?
Works fine in test!

#1354 8 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I have not had that problem myself, but I would suggest that if you're getting airballs when shooting the ramp, might be a good idea to turn down the coil power on the left and/or right flippers (via Settings > Coils > Left Flipper Main and ...Right Flipper Main). If the ball has enough power to get airborne on the ramp, it may also be delivering excessive whacks on targets and possibly even plastics, and that's not good.

i have this issue as well. i mentioned it to Joe and Michael. I don't want to turn down the flipper power to solve it, though. If I do, it takes away from the strong feeling of the flippers throughout the rest of the game. Which to me is important to the enjoyment. So for the few times it happens, I'd rather live with it. Unless you guys decide to design a ramp cover...

#1355 8 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

My knocker does not work in the loop crash multi ball,I think it’s to knock when a ball smacks into another locked on the magnet?
Works fine in test!

Verify that Settings > Standard > Knocker is set to Mechanical.

#1356 7 days ago
Quoted from skogen75:

...ball flying off the orange ramp only happens to me when I get the ball really flying around the inner loops and then time the orange ramp perfectly.
I would say it’s not so much flipper power is too high (never happens from a cradle or an inlane flip) as it is the ball having a high amount of speed and and it being redirected up the orange ramp.

In my experience with brand new pins things like this happen for a little while. After the game breaks in
and the playfield gets some wear it will all go away, except after a fresh wax for a little while.
Everything is brand new and that ball on all new pins really starts moving fast , faster than intended .
It will break in and be sweet !

#1357 7 days ago

Ok
Random "I apparently don't know the rules to my own game" question:
What does one need to do to light the advance bonus target?
I know that I light it most of the time, but I'm not sure how

#1358 7 days ago

Complete the four distinct Car targets.

#1359 7 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Complete the four distinct Car targets.

Learn something every day, thanks for that. Follow up question: is the color of the target significant? (Does it change color? Now I can’t be sure, I thought I remember seeing red or blue).

#1360 7 days ago

Advance Bonus X target? It should flash red when qualified... but it does join the car targets in a brief blue lamp effect right when you complete the 4 car targets, so maybe that's when you saw blue.

#1361 6 days ago

Ahh yes, BTW...just put up 952M on JP2 and then played HW and I came away saying...I love this game. This is a fun pinball, challenging, approachable, stunning, and well built. AP...can’t wait to see what you have up next (but don’t stop polishing HW!).

#1362 3 days ago

Well it has been s couple days, so of course I have more questions.
I have previously gotten to car chaos multiball, but just finished a game where I became "car collector champion" but didn't activate car chaos multiball. I thought the multiball was activated by collecting a specified number of cars. Am I wrong? Does the number of cars needed fluctuate?
Anyone out there collect all hero cars in a single game yet?

#1363 3 days ago

The number of cars required doesn't fluctuate (unless you've popped into Settings and changed Car Chaos Start Difficulty) but since Chaos is a Collector Case Award, it's possible to collect one of those when Chaos is ineligible (e.g. during another multiball), and then Chaos will be available as the next Case Award.

Or of course, you can collect a zillion cars but never shoot the right saucer to collect the Case Award and start Chaos.

Personally: I have not (legally) gotten all 5 Hero Cars yet in a game. I've gotten close: had everything except Rodger Dodger and drained my last ball in the middle of Draven Battle. Arrrrgggghhh....

BTW, if folks have not been watching the various streamers competing in the IFPA Hot Wheels Challenge... you really should. Watching top tier players attacking the game is tons of fun.

#1364 3 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The number of cars required doesn't fluctuate (unless you've popped into Settings and changed Car Chaos Start Difficulty) but since Chaos is a Collector Case Award, it's possible to collect one of those when Chaos is ineligible (e.g. during another multiball), and then Chaos will be available as the next Case Award.
Or of course, you can collect a zillion cars but never shoot the right saucer to collect the Case Award and start Chaos.
Personally: I have not (legally) gotten all 5 Hero Cars yet in a game. I've gotten close: had everything except Rodger Dodger and drained my last ball in the middle of Draven Battle. Arrrrgggghhh....
BTW, if folks have not been watching the various streamers competing in the IFPA Hot Wheels Challenge... you really should. Watching top tier players attacking the game is tons of fun.

I keep checking youtube, but people don't seem to be uploading the streams. Fliptronic has a couple videos, but I know that they do much more. Unfortunately twitch stopped working on roku a while back, so it seems I'm stuck without options.

#1365 3 days ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I keep checking youtube, but people don't seem to be uploading the streams. Fliptronic has a couple videos, but I know that they do much more. Unfortunately twitch stopped working on roku a while back, so it seems I'm stuck without options.

Twitch does work on a computer

for those interested in twitch streams . . .

https://www.neverdrains.com/hotwheels/playerIndex.php

if you go to the scores page, you can click at the top for each of the various competitions, you will see links to the twitch streams. The streams often link to the 'score' screen, but you can go back to get to the start of the game. Depending on the challenge there is a ton of 'set up' time, for example, some competitors in the battles will go for two or three redlines before even looking to start a battle. In the race challenge, with each passing day competitors were quicker and quicker to restart on runs where they knew they had no shot to better their race time.

This week it is track multiball

#1366 3 days ago
Quoted from rosh:

Twitch does work on a computer

Unfortunately I'm too old. Computers are for work. Plus I'm not going to go into the office to watch entertainment at my desk on a 27" screen. Twitch just isn't conducive to my lifestyle.
I fully support the guys that do it and I think these challenges are a cool idea. I hope it helps AP spread the word about Hot Wheels. It really is a great game.

#1367 3 days ago

Hey majicman110

You can watch Twitch on Roku. There is a channel called Twoku that enables this. Watch this YouTube tutorial. Really easy and you will set up in minutes!

#1368 3 days ago

can/do we have a "map code" for HW ?

#1369 3 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Hey majicman110
You can watch Twitch on Roku. There is a channel called Twoku that enables this. Watch this YouTube tutorial. Really easy and you will set up in minutes!

Awesome! Ill give it a try.

#1370 2 days ago

how do you change gears. what do the gears do?

#1371 2 days ago
Quoted from robotron:

how do you change gears. what do the gears do?

Get to redline mania by increasing the tach to 10 (the fastest way to due this is via the rpm targets). After red line mania you will shift up to the next gear and scoring increases.

Should be a game changer for setting high scores if you aren't currently advancing the tach via the rpm targets.

#1374 2 days ago

ok tanx... i have to be more attentive on all is going on the PF, but not the same thing as playing the pin in real

#1375 1 day ago

Just ordered my Hot Wheels yesterday, and it's on a truck today. Got the last one at my distributor.

Looking forward to playing it, and also seeing the grandkid's eyes light up when he sees it.

Robert

#1376 1 day ago

Wasn't sure about this, but in the previous code if you start an epic feature, lit collect epic feature and then drained before collecting it wasn't there an "epic fail" screen that told you how many points you missed out on?
Did this get removed in the latest code update?

#1377 23 hours ago

I got a 106 million epic fail this afternoon on latest code.

#1378 23 hours ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Did this get removed in the latest code update?

Still there. I just failed for a couple hundred million. Love this pin.

#1379 23 hours ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Wasn't sure about this, but in the previous code if you start an epic feature, lit collect epic feature and then drained before collecting it wasn't there an "epic fail" screen that told you how many points you missed out on?

The Epic Fail display is only shown if the value lost is juicy enough... we figured it’s not such an Epic Fail if you’re only losing a couple million points.

#1380 19 hours ago

Great stream on DeadFlip tonight. Thanks rosh for adding to my (and the collective our) knowledge of the rule set, specifically the Track Builder. Gotta try some of your suggestions. BTW, EPIC collect is tough to hit from the left flipper...any secrets to hitting that one?

#1381 18 hours ago

It's just a very late shot on the flipper.

If you own the game and find it too difficult, there's a setting called "Epic Target Difficulty" that you can change to Easy ... in that configuration, either Epic target can be hit to collect whichever one is lit (Start or Collect).

#1382 16 hours ago
Quoted from skogen75:

Great stream on DeadFlip tonight. Thanks rosh for adding to my (and the collective our) knowledge of the rule set, specifically the Track Builder. Gotta try some of your suggestions. BTW, EPIC collect is tough to hit from the left flipper...any secrets to hitting that one?

I gotta admit, after watching tonight's Dead Flip stream that this game looks super fun!

Rob

#1383 15 hours ago

If have been watching the challenge streams (thanks for that AP and streamers it is a great way to learn how the rules work on this pin) and I have got a question about the race. When it starts it says: 'Flashing orange shots advance race position'. Now the thing is that both the next place insert and an arrow is flashing. However, they are not always in sync (see picture for 10th place).

I couldn't find any info about this. Does anyone know what it is about?
001 - Goal (resized).png
Going for 11th place
002 - 11th place (resized).png
Going for 10th place
003 - 10th place (resized).png

#1384 13 hours ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

If have been watching the challenge streams (thanks for that AP and streamers it is a great way to learn how the rules work on this pin) and I have got a question about the race. When it starts it says: 'Flashing orange shots advance race position'. Now the thing is that both the next place insert and an arrow is flashing. However, they are not always in sync (see picture for 10th place).
I couldn't find any info about this. Does anyone know what it is about?
[quoted image]
Going for 11th place
[quoted image]
Going for 10th place
[quoted image]

It is the orange NUMBER (10th, 9th, etc) insert that is blinking the next shot. The red Arrow is the next shot on way to loop crash multiball.

#1385 13 hours ago

Yea those are two separate multiballs. The shots are similar. Loop crash and victory lap have the same shot to activate MB (left outer loop) so if you plan your shots, you can activate both at the same time.

This game is really fun. I enjoy attempting to stack a MB or two with a battle and epic mode, activating turbo boost and trying to hit some key shots during that time to blow up the score. It’s really satisfying when you do it.

#1386 7 hours ago
Quoted from skogen75:

Great stream on DeadFlip tonight. Thanks rosh for adding to my (and the collective our) knowledge of the rule set,

Quoted from PinballRulez:

If have been watching the challenge streams (thanks for that AP and streamers it is a great way to learn how the rules work on this pin)

The streams have been great and I find it interesting to see how some of the players go about dissecting things. What I have enjoyed most is that each weeks challenge is just a narrow slice of the game, but yet you can see how it keeps the players challenged all week. Obviously the style of play and the strategy is very different when focusing on a single thing, like fastest race time vs normal game play. I'll be curious to see when we get to 'high score' how the players take all that they have learned about he different parts of the game to try to create a high score strategy. When and how best to use turbo, redline, shift gears . . .

Ferret and I are often in the stream chats (as is IFPA's Josh Sharpe who is very knowledgable on the rules and strategy) to help educate competitors and those watching on the rules and different strategies.

You can find a list of those streaming Hot Wheels here . . . .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/api-amp-ifpa-announce-hot-wheels-pinballl-livestreaming-challenge-series#post-5825232

#1387 5 hours ago
Quoted from skogen75:

Was a blast!
Glad rosh has the patience to sit there and spoon-feed me the rules as I was playing. <3

#1388 5 hours ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Was a blast!
Glad rosh has the patience to sit there and spoon-feed me the rules as I was playing. <3

you broke a billion, which is pretty impressive given you were constantly holding the ball on the flipper, causing the tach to fall, while you read the twitch chat.

#1389 1 hour ago
Quoted from rosh:

you broke a billion, which is pretty impressive given you were constantly holding the ball on the flipper, causing the tach to fall, while you read the twitch chat.

He's a bit clingy, but that's ok

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,295 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,300.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 23.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
York, PA
There are 1389 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside