20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 86.
#1251 3 years ago

What type of rings are used on Hot Wheels? 'Traditional' ones, silicone or polyurethane?

#1252 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

What type of rings are used on Hot Wheels? 'Traditional' ones, silicone or polyurethane?

Silicone.

#1253 3 years ago

I’ve been getting some odd lighting behavior recently. First time was on the number 3 of the tach, second time it was the 8th place light, and now tonight on the left loop arrow. When it happens the colors light incorrectly and then the light stays lit during attract mode. Any thoughts?

21B7FF50-CB46-4E73-BF23-CDE44F0FB481 (resized).jpeg21B7FF50-CB46-4E73-BF23-CDE44F0FB481 (resized).jpeg62AD8255-F0A1-41C4-8955-96BE845A072C (resized).jpeg62AD8255-F0A1-41C4-8955-96BE845A072C (resized).jpeg
#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I’ve been getting some odd lighting behavior recently. First time was on the number 3 of the tach, second time it was the 8th place light, and now tonight on the left loop arrow. When it happens the colors light incorrectly and then the light stays lit during attract mode. Any thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image]

I have had this happen 3 times in about 300 plays (all on newest code). Once pictured here (4th place insert stayed green for multiple games until reboot) and the other two times an were on arrow inserts (one stayed blue, the other green).

20200818_130308 (resized).jpg20200818_130308 (resized).jpg
#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I’ve been getting some odd lighting behavior recently. First time was on the number 3 of the tach, second time it was the 8th place light, and now tonight on the left loop arrow. When it happens the colors light incorrectly and then the light stays lit during attract mode. Any thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from majicman110:

I have had this happen 3 times in about 300 plays (all on newest code). Once pictured here (4th place insert stayed green for multiple games until reboot) and the other two times an were on arrow inserts (one stayed blue, the other green).
[quoted image]

We are aware of this bug and we are actively working on a fix for it. For now, if this issue happens-- a power cycle will fix the issue.

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

We are aware of this bug and we are actively working on a fix for it. For now, if this issue happens-- a power cycle will fix the issue.

I love this commitment

#1257 3 years ago

Excellent! I figured it might be software related versus node/board related given its behavior and its moving around. Thanks!

#1258 3 years ago

Is there a way to restart a game? like on stern, holding start button

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

You asked this in the other hot wheels thread yesterday and 5 people answered you???

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

Yes.

Check this out :

Quoted from Yelobird:

You asked this in the other hot wheels thread yesterday and 5 people answered you???

LTG : )

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

Here you go - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-owns-a-hot-wheels-pin#post-5818198

Your post #22 , read the posts following it.

#1262 3 years ago

Sorry, Forgot I posted it already, thanks for all the replies.
I have tried holding start button for a few seconds like Stern's with no restart, but maybe it is a bit longer...
I did not see anything in setting to turn it on or off, but may have missed it.

#1263 3 years ago

Actually your inquiry caused me to notice earlier today that there was no setting to disable game abort on Hot Wheels (or Oktoberfest). This has already been remedied for the next code releases of both games.

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here you go - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-owns-a-hot-wheels-pin#post-5818198
Your post #22 , read the posts following it.

Although this restart does work, it is not very fast. I’ve given up on restarting on this game, not only because the restart takes so long, but because one ball can really break a game open. I mean the restart is about as fast as a game reboot....and that says a lot about how outstandingly fast the game boots!

Since manipulating the flippers during the bonus screen doesn’t do much now, besides speeding up the bonus screen, I hope AP has other plans for flipper hold options during the bonus, otherwise make the game restart happen without needing to load and launch ball 2!!

#1265 3 years ago

After playing for awhile, I need to make some adjustments. Wondering if anyone has any insight into the following:
1. Decreasing the amount of build track rejects.
2. Decreasing the amount of mystery rejects (not so much a reject but it goes past the saucer instead of landing in it.
3. Aligning the the autolauncher. Mine is off to the left so autolaunched balls come out real weak.

#1266 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

After playing for awhile, I need to make some adjustments. Wondering if anyone has any insight into the following:
1. Decreasing the amount of build track rejects.
2. Decreasing the amount of mystery rejects (not so much a reject but it goes past the saucer instead of landing in it.
3. Aligning the the autolauncher. Mine is off to the left so autolaunched balls come out real weak.

I’ve got some solutions and will second one question on adjustments...

1. See my post #804. I get zero rejects from Track Builder now...

2. I’m also getting a frustrating amount of pass-by (?) on the Draven’s tower shot. More than 50% of the shots don’t get caught by the saucer. I’ve tried putting some foam to deaden the ball but it hasn’t fixed the issue. Maybe I’ll try some softer foam...or it could be the guide is just not in the right spot...please others chime in on the amount of failed captures, I’d like to know if this is a common issue or if other machines just work.

3. Not exactly the same problem, but my auto launch or full plunge almost NEVER makes the full orbit, almost always landing in the pops. I’m thinking the guides need to be adjusted. Can others comment on this problem? Does your pin make the full orbit most often?

Once I get those two issues straightened out, it will be fully dialed in. Love this game!! Happy it made the top 20 and I think it could go higher (just make the music bump a bit more ).

#1267 3 years ago

Guys.... if you are on the fence about this title and even if the theme does not appeal to you, do not hesitate!!

I have never been into Hot Wheels, nor have my (now grown) children or currently my grandchildren but, wow, what a load of fun this game is!!

Roger

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

2. I’m also getting a frustrating amount of pass-by (?) on the Draven’s tower shot. More than 50% of the shots don’t get caught by the saucer. I’ve tried putting some foam to deaden the ball but it hasn’t fixed the issue. Maybe I’ll try some softer foam...or it could be the guide is just not in the right spot...please others chime in on the amount of failed captures, I’d like to know if this is a common issue or if other machines just work.

The machine I play has this happen a lot also. I would also say more than 50% but that may because I notice the misses more...

#1269 3 years ago

anybodys targets broken yet?my green one is cracked. seems they take a beating.

#1270 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

anybodys targets broken yet?my green one is cracked. seems they take a beating.

Turn flipper power down a little.

#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Guys.... if you are on the fence about this title and even if the theme does not appeal to you, do not hesitate!!
I have never been into Hot Wheels, nor have my (now grown) children or currently my grandchildren but, wow, what a load of fun this game is!!
Roger

I concur. This is a great game. One of the best pin purchases I have made. The way this theme is executed all through - art, animations, shots , code, playing enjoyment... the whole package is very cohesive and complete. It will meet and probably exceed your expectations !

#1272 3 years ago

Any of you guys want to reveal your scoring strategies? I spent the better part of a week focusing on battles and races while my daughter was spending all of her effort going for the rpm targets and blowing my scores out of the water despite not doing much else.

#1273 3 years ago

I would say do RPM and turbo boost all day long. Scores go crazy when those are combined with any mode or MB it seems.

#1274 3 years ago

Go for RPM early and often as you want to be in a higher gear over the course of your game. Once you get turbo boost set up, start a battle or multiball (loop mb is great)or even better, both stacked. Activate turbo boost and hit your shots!

#1275 3 years ago

Yep, Tach management is definitely key to big scores in the game. Assuming you're trying to blow up the high score table and can play as often as you want (vs say a match-play competition where you need "safe points")... ideal would probably be to start off by running up to at least 3rd gear, and get good at maintaining RPM's at 8-9. Advance race positions until you're at least in 5th place. Collect enough loops to qualify Loop Crash MB. Advance race positions to 2nd. Start the multi-Epic that you've also been setting up while making other shots (obviously the 5-way stack since we're plotting world domination). Start a Battle (T-rex can be especially juicy right now, a little more Battle score balancing yet to come). Shoot the left orbit to start the stacked Loop Crash + Victory Lap MBs. Somewhere along the way, you've probably lit Boost, so this would be a good time to start Boost. Shoot everything, profit hugely.

Piece o' cake, right?

I've played a disproportionate amount of Hot Wheels in recent months, and it's definitely warped my brain when playing other games... I'm constantly panicking "OMG, the Tach is running down, shoot something!". It actually feels weird to me now to trap up and take a moment to settle down and plan a strategy, since that's usually not a good thing to do in Hot Wheels... it wants you to go go go, non-stop, if you're looking for big scores.

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

ideal would probably be to start off by running up to at least 3rd gear

Uhh...how do you not drain? My biggest problems with ramping up the tach are the random bounces off the RPM targets. Also, I just can't stop trying to complete races. Just so much fun!

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Uhh...how do you not drain? My biggest problems with ramping up the tach are the random bounces off the RPM targets. Also, I just can't stop trying to complete races. Just so much fun!

That is the risk/reward nature of the RPM targets.

Key thing is you only get one full turbo per gear, use it wisely (and be sure to use it before redlining the gear). If you trigger turbo prematurely, before you have anything set up, best thing to do as to not to waste it, is to go for the track builder drop target, since that will 'bank' the turbo boosted jackpot value for the first set of jackpots when you start Track MB.

#1278 3 years ago

You guys are adorable. Acting like I have any control over when I activate turbo.

#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

You guys are adorable. Acting like I have any control over when I activate turbo.

This is a relatable comment. I find the kicker much easier to hit from a backhand shot, for what it's worth.

#1280 3 years ago

Oh heck yes, backhanding the Boost shot is much safer than forehand.

#1281 3 years ago

ferret and Dave had been offering some suggestions and wanted to post my pictures here to see where I have had balls get caught and also they can respond with suggestions to fix these:

First picture is to the RIGHT where the saucer is. The ball gets stuck and sits on the lower drop target.
Second picture is the UPPER part of the playing field under the magnet to the left where the ball gets stuck under the "ball doorway" on the ramp.

If you gentlemen can offer insight and direction as to best practices for fixing these we would be very grateful.

Thanks!

IMG_1114 (resized).jpgIMG_1114 (resized).jpgIMG_1115 (resized).jpgIMG_1115 (resized).jpg
#1282 3 years ago

Hi pinball2020 ... did you see the response I sent you via email last night?

#1283 3 years ago

I did, thanks, and for the benefit of the Hot Wheels fans I am posting responses here and hope I might get some more guidance on the "upper" under magnet sticking point.

Ferret speaks :

upper playing field issue
I've heard of a potential ball hangup here, but unfortunately I'm not sure of the recommended solution... my game is a very early prototype (doesn't even have any art, just plain wood) and I believe the placement of posts on my game is slightly different from production machines. I've never had a ball stuck there that couldn't be freed with a modest nudge. Suggest submitting a ticket asking for help. pinball2020 comment: ( I have reached out to Dave to see if he has any insight from seeing the pictures posted).

right side issue
Underneath the playfield, the drop target assembly has a screw that allows you to adjust the height of the target. You can give it a very tiny tweak to adjust the height so the top of the target is perfectly flush with the playfield surface so the ball won't get caught up there. This is likely to be a very fine-tune sort of thing, since of course if you raise it too much, it may obstruct the ball's path to the saucer.

As always, you guys rock.

And for the other Hot Wheels fans:

* Yes the pads are getting banged up - try changing the flipper strength down from 25 to 20. It has helped and I may need to test tweak them to 22 or 23 but I get less richochets off the glass, looks like less pad wear, less Hot Wheel car kewpie doll knockdowns over the ramp on the right from flying balls and as a bonus - I FINALLY successfully beat the gorilla with controlling my shots. Stay tuned and keep tweaking and post what works for you so we can experiment as well.

Hope the other Hot Wheels fans are having fun too.

#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Thus the reason I gave the tip of "shoot the track builder",

Quoted from pinball2020:

First picture is to the RIGHT where the saucer is. The ball gets stuck and sits on the lower drop target.

You can adjust the height of the target so that it is flush. There is an adjustment screw for it. you need to loosen the nut, adjust the screw until the target is flush, then re-tighten the nut.

Quoted from pinball2020:

Second picture is the UPPER part of the playing field under the magnet to the left where the ball gets stuck under the "ball doorway" on the ramp.

Not sure what you are describing, don't see the ball

#1285 3 years ago

September Game update:

NEW -- display your race time so far when advancing in the race.
NEW -- Settings > Standard > Game Abort Allowed: if set to NO (default), holding the START button will not abort an active
game. *** Note that the default setting is NO, which is a change from current behavior, so you may want to adjust this setting.
NEW -- added new fanfare when earning a Hero Car.
NEW -- added new music track and fanfares for Redline.
NEW -- added new sound effects for Track Building.
MODIFIED -- be smarter about trying to free balls from devices when release doesn't immediately work; also don't retry forever
so coils don't burn up.
MODIFIED -- changed lamp color of Epic Start insert to match the color of the Epic features that are ready to be started.
MODIFIED -- improved lighting effects in several areas.
MODIFIED -- improved Tach Boost visual effects.
FIXED -- ensure that the magnet gets turned off when the game is tilted.
FIXED -- fixed an issue that could cause display effects to get stuck on screen when starting Redline.
FIXED -- fixed a possible crash on power-up.
FIXED -- possible fix for a rare A/V crash during Bonus.
FIXED -- Redlining in 5th gear should now properly reset the Tach so the next Redline isn't just one shot away.
FIXED -- Settings > Standard > Clear Shooter Lane After 60 Seconds now actually

#1286 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

September Game update:
NEW -- display your race time so far when advancing in the race.
NEW -- Settings > Standard > Game Abort Allowed: if set to NO (default), holding the START button will not abort an active
game. *** Note that the default setting is NO, which is a change from current behavior, so you may want to adjust this setting.
NEW -- added new fanfare when earning a Hero Car.
NEW -- added new music track and fanfares for Redline.
NEW -- added new sound effects for Track Building.
MODIFIED -- be smarter about trying to free balls from devices when release doesn't immediately work; also don't retry forever
so coils don't burn up.
MODIFIED -- changed lamp color of Epic Start insert to match the color of the Epic features that are ready to be started.
MODIFIED -- improved lighting effects in several areas.
MODIFIED -- improved Tach Boost visual effects.
FIXED -- ensure that the magnet gets turned off when the game is tilted.
FIXED -- fixed an issue that could cause display effects to get stuck on screen when starting Redline.
FIXED -- fixed a possible crash on power-up.
FIXED -- possible fix for a rare A/V crash during Bonus.
FIXED -- Redlining in 5th gear should now properly reset the Tach so the next Redline isn't just one shot away.
FIXED -- Settings > Standard > Clear Shooter Lane After 60 Seconds now actually

New code!!! Yes, just like clockwork. You guys at AP are awesome!

#1287 3 years ago

New redline music is soooooo good!!!!

#1288 3 years ago

Not quite sure how you beat us announcing this code update, @jurulz, but thanks.

#1289 3 years ago

I got the chance to update to the new code. Overall, it’s great. Couple questions...

When you redline it, the game some times just launches into the multi-ball without first going to the Redline Mania red screen, is that intended behavior? (Sometimes it would go to the Redline Mania red screen). New fanfare at redline mania is cool.

Any chance we can get the old fanfare/music back after Rip Rod is earned? I liked how it matched up to the light show. Now, we get a little “bing bing” and then nothing with the awesome light show.

Love the race timer on position changes, great idea.

Also, great tip on backhanding the turbo.

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

When you redline it, the game some times just launches into the multi-ball without first going to the Redline Mania red screen, is that intended behavior?

That is not intended. Has anyone else seen that?

Quoted from RikV:

Any chance we can get the old fanfare/music back after Rip Rod is earned? I liked how it matched up to the light show. Now, we get a little “bing bing” and then nothing with the awesome light show.

Hmmm. You hear a happy little couple second fanfare, right? It doesn’t specifically sync to the light show, but it should be more than just “bing bing”.

Glad you mostly like the changes.

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not quite sure how you beat us announcing this code update, jurulz, but thanks.

Hey it was posted on your website haha

#1292 3 years ago

Code-update-20.09.01 (resized).pngCode-update-20.09.01 (resized).png

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not quite sure how you beat us announcing this code update,

Pinball never sleeps.

#1294 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

When you redline it, the game some times just launches into the multi-ball without first going to the Redline Mania red screen, is that intended behavior? (Sometimes it would go to the Redline Mania red screen).

this happened to me as well.

#1295 3 years ago

OK, we'll check out what's up with it skipping the Redline intro (that's the best part! ). Sorry about that.

#1296 3 years ago

Just loaded the code and my first red line jumped instantly into the multiball. Music was huge improvement though. Really enjoying this game.

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hmmm. You hear a happy little couple second fanfare, right? It doesn’t specifically sync to the light show, but it should be more than just “bing bing”.

I miss the music as well

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Agreed, it’s more than “bing bing”; I guess what I meant was the fanfare sound ends and there is silence for a couple seconds while the seriously awesome light show continues with no music to accompany it. It would be great to add the bit of music back in and have it last the extent of the light show.

#1299 3 years ago

Much improved Red Line Mania! Soooo much better! Keep up the amazing work. If this game keeps getting polished like this we are seriously in for a treat!

PS: grab Gremlins license and take my money! Seriously, I am becoming an American Pinball convert.

#1300 3 years ago

Hi ferret,
As requested, here is a "sticking" from the top of the playing field. The automatic ejection sequence kicked in (repeatedly) and finally dislodged the ball in this case but I have had it stuck not-quite-on-the-switch and it would require tilting or removing the glass.
Please advise fix or suggestions.
Thanks!

Ball Stuck at top (resized).JPGBall Stuck at top (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/26?hl=skogen75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.