Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,246 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 85.
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Just polished and waxed the shooter rod...please take a moment to do this. Big difference in skill shot smoothness. My shooter rod was kind of nicked and unpolished from factory. Made the skill shot kind of grainy, if that makes sense. Buffed it out on the polishing wheel and wow, super smooth now. For a game that relies on precision plunging I highly recommend.

My shooter rod also feels pretty bad. I haven’t had a chance to take it apart and check the sleeve. It is weird that yours would be like this as well.

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

My shooter rod also feels pretty bad. I haven’t had a chance to take it apart and check the sleeve. It is weird that yours would be like this as well.

I forwarded the shooter rod feedback along to the production team so we can correct it on the line.

#1153 3 years ago

New owner here as of yesterday. Big thanks to KingPinGames for always hooking me up and doing such a great job!

My shooter ride glides like butter, so we can add that to the data points. Build quality feels really great in general too (though this is my first, though likely not last, AP game).

I had a really strong game in my first 3 plays (Victory lap in 7:20, 235MM+ total game), and now I'm struggling to get anything close haha. Since I was still feeling the game out and it's shots, I really have no idea how I got there...I can only assume my rpms were pegged amongst the strong (read as: Lucky) game.

One thing I did notice while putting on my topper was that the sound bar is sending out some "noise" when idle on. You can't hear it when the game is running, and you'd have to be close to the sound bar to hear it, but curious if this is common?

HW (resized).jpgHW (resized).jpg
#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

Wish there was a location around me to give it a play

You’re not that far from me if you wanna play some games...

#1155 3 years ago

I get a little idle crackling on bootup from the speakers, then it's all clear.

Questions for you guys:

Factory recommends 6 degree slope, which is all levelers in, I have it at 6.6...Wondering if some shots are easier to hit with that slope.

Also, I'm still getting STDM drains from the left orbit, I think it's that E stand up target on the BATTLE. Did you guys just bend that target back from above the playfield?

Can't figure out if it's that, or the 6.6 slope.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

One thing I did notice while putting on my topper was that the sound bar is sending out some "noise" when idle on. You can't hear it when the game is running, and you'd have to be close to the sound bar to hear it, but curious if this is common?

No idea if it's common.

Any audio cables or topper cable, you might try snapping one of these on.

https://www.amazon.com/ferrite-chokes/s

LTG : )

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm still getting STDM drains from the left orbit, I think it's that E stand up target on the BATTLE. Did you guys just bend that target back from above the playfield?
Can't figure out if it's that, or the 6.6 slope.

First of all, thank you so much for the support. We hope the game brings lots of enjoyment. Based on the stool I see under the game, I am hoping the little one(s) enjoy the game as much as you.

The 'E' target should be flush with the rail. Most likely, the E target is what is causing the SDTM drains. I recommend bending the E target back so that it is flush with the rail.

#1158 3 years ago

Left flipper and sling aren't firing. I can still rev with left flipper. Found problem. Is this 20mm 5 amp slow blo?
15968354271878134604839794420345 (resized).jpg15968354271878134604839794420345 (resized).jpg

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Found problem. Is this 20mm 5 amp slow blo?

I don't have a game to check. Depends where it is. Page 16 in the manual lists them

Fuse Name Fuse Rating Voltage Type Fuse Voltage
Coil Driver
6.3 Amp 48 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt
Main Fuse 6 Amp 120 VAC OR
230 VAC 3AG Slow Blow 250 Volt
Add On Board F1 4 Amp 12 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt
Add On Board F2 5 Amp 48 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt
RGB Back Panel 2 Amp 5 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt

You can download the manual from american-pinball.com - under Support. Or :

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-7/Hot-Wheels-Manual-7-13-2020.pdf

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Is this 20mm 5 amp slow blo?

Pull it and read what is on one of the end caps. It is a 20mm and will be slow blow or time delay.

#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't have a game to check. Depends where it is. Page 16 in the manual lists them
Fuse Name Fuse Rating Voltage Type Fuse Voltage
Coil Driver
Main Fuse 6 Amp 120 VAC OR
230 VAC 3AG Slow Blow 250 Volt
Add On Board F1 4 Amp 12 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt
Add On Board F2 5 Amp 48 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt
RGB Back Panel 2 Amp 5 VDC 5x20 Slow Blow 250 Volt
You can download the manual from american-pinball.com - under Support. Or :
http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-7/Hot-Wheels-Manual-7-13-2020.pdf

This guy! I think it is add on board F1. It is a multimorphic board. Says 250V/ 5 Amp. Just wanted to make sure.

15968361069624826005540609296663 (resized).jpg15968361069624826005540609296663 (resized).jpg

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I think it is add on board F1.

I don't have the game to check.

Pull the fuse and look at what is stamped onto one of the metal end caps. It will be something like 6.3A, or 5A, etc. etc.

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

multimorphic board. Says 250V/ 5 Amp. Just wanted to make sure.

That’s the PD-16 coil driver board you’re pointing to.
Yeah, 6.3amp slow blow. 5x20 size.
ACE hardware usually carries them, you can find them in with the nut/bolts drawers. Get several.

Now the question is, why it blew... look at the coil table in the manual to see what’s in the red bank.
My money is on Q8 for the magnet.

If you replace the fuse and it blows right away, you’ll need to troubleshoot which coil or transistor driving the coil is the issue.

Note: you can eliminate any one of the coils from the equation by unplugging the molex connector going to that coil.

#1164 3 years ago

Some motivation to go buy or play Hot Wheels...

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

You’re not that far from me if you wanna play some games...

Awesome, I really appreciate the offer. Just send me a PM and let me know when you have free time, I would love to play some Hot Wheels and check out your amazing collection of games.

#1166 3 years ago

I’m loving this game, so many ways to open the game up, and get those high scores. It’s a 1 in 5-7 type of high score game, but even when I have a dud game, I am still have a f’n great time playing it.

Tremendous flow and strategy.

Putting the levelers all the way up and fixing the battle E has solved all drain problems for me too.

Great Job AP!!!

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

That’s the PD-16 coil driver board you’re pointing to.
Yeah, 6.3amp slow blow. 5x20 size.
ACE hardware usually carries them, you can find them in with the nut/bolts drawers. Get several.
Now the question is, why it blew... look at the coil table in the manual to see what’s in the red bank.

Crile1 wrote that the one that blew was 5A... if it's supposed to be 6.3A, that right there could be the reason it blew, if the wrong fuse was installed.

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

crile1 wrote that the one that blew was 5A... if it's supposed to be 6.3A, that right there could be the reason it blew, if the wrong fuse was installed.

There are 2 fuses on that board. Both are 5 amp. Are they supposed to be 6.3?

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

There are 2 fuses on that board. Both are 5 amp. Are they supposed to be 6.3?

According to the manual, and what Ferret and brenna98 wrote. Yes. Both should be 6.3 amp slow blow.

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

According to the manual, and what ferret and brenna98 wrote. Yes. Both should be 6.3 amp slow blow.

brenna98 this is really interesting. I looked at the original driver board that I had issues with and that fuse was a 6.3amp 250v. The brand new board you guys sent me had a 4amp 250v which blew after 3 games. I wonder if that has been part of my problem as well. Maybe multimorphic is installing the wrong fuses?

#1171 3 years ago

I had my left flipper go out also and it was a 5 amp that was installed,I replaced it with a 5 amp but this looks like the problem,it should be 6.3

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

brenna98 this is really interesting. I looked at the original driver board that I had issues with and that fuse was a 6.3amp 250v. The brand new board you guys sent me had a 4amp 250v which blew after 3 games. I wonder if that has been part of my problem as well. Maybe multimorphic is installing the wrong fuses?

American Pinball should discuss this with Multimorphic.

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

American Pinball should discuss this with Multimorphic.

Or we need to be changing these on the line.... I'll bring it up with production today. Thanks for bring this to our attention!

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I had my left flipper go out also and it was a 5 amp that was installed,I replaced it with a 5 amp but this looks like the problem,it should be 6.3

Quoted from brenna98:

Or we need to be changing these on the line.... I'll bring it up with production today. Thanks for bring this to our attention!

Quoted from Aniraf:

These were changed to 6.3 after production started. So the first X games went out with 5 amp.

Possible the parts department may not be aware of the change for HW or did not know it was for a HWs when it was sent out.

#1175 3 years ago

Ordered today. Very looking forward to getting this game into our house. Keeps those machines rolling from the line AP

#1176 3 years ago

Who is streaming this game next? We are going crazy waiting for ours to show up. GIVE US MORE HOTWHEELS!

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Who is streaming this game next? We are going crazy waiting for ours to show up. GIVE US MORE HOTWHEELS!

We have a few VODs of gameplay on our channel - twitch.tv/fliptronic

#1178 3 years ago

The good folks at Delaware Pinball are having a tournament this coming Saturday Aug 15, starting at 10 AM EDT, and plan to have Hot Wheels as the featured streamed game. Should be interesting, AFAIK this will be the first time the game is used in competition. (Obviously doesn't help that competitions are more or less non-existent right now...)

https://www.twitch.tv/delawarepinball

#1179 3 years ago

We having been using it in our competitions every two weeks, had no issues or complaints. Additionally the two tournament launch parties went pretty well flawless, we streamed the Speed Run Challenge and had a great reception. The only issue we currently have is one of the cars keeps falling of as the Velcro isn’t holding up. Super fun game and the competitive group likes having it in the lineup. Hopefully the competition runs as well as ours have.

Quoted from Ferret:

The good folks at Delaware Pinball are having a tournament this coming Saturday Aug 15, starting at 10 AM EDT, and plan to have Hot Wheels as the featured streamed game. Should be interesting, AFAIK this will be the first time the game is used in competition. (Obviously doesn't help that competitions are more or less non-existent right now...)
https://www.twitch.tv/delawarepinball

#1180 3 years ago

Ah, my apologies, @bcrage88, didn't mean to discount other competitions using Hot Wheels! Very happy to hear it's playing well for you in competition and that everyone is enjoying the game.

BTW: if you have some Velcro that just refuses to do its job, the game should have come with a few extra pieces of Velcro, so you can try another strip... failing that, consider using a clear cable tie to help secure the car.

#1181 3 years ago

Closing in on under a minute! And yes, I forgot to put my initials in.

117638309_606232240086266_495577253065725880_n (resized).png117638309_606232240086266_495577253065725880_n (resized).png
#1182 3 years ago

I finally saw 1/2 of my dads Diecast collection today. We spent 2 hours opening boxes of perfect cars in perfect packages. Almost 100% Hot Rods nothing cheesy and most are the high end adult collectibles. Hes been buying since the 90s and still finding stuff today. Hes starting to talk about trying to sell the entire collection which will be a huge undertaking for sure.

This would be an incredible instant collection for someone that was into Diecast and could also be an instant business for someone who had the time to deal with this. He had fun hunting and collecting but is now realizing that it is time to pass this on to the right person for a fair price for both parties. I wish I would have took photos but it was honestly overwhelming.

If any of you are looking for something specific IE Corvettes,Mustangs,Classic Chevy's,Drag Racing,Rat Fink,Moonies and Treasure Hunts Let me know. He would love to sell large lots at a time, Better yet come with a uhaul and buy the entire lot.

I told him if I end up with these im buying the HW Pin ( He wants one as well ) and I am lining the walls of the game room with the collection.

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

The only issue we currently have is one of the cars keeps falling of as the Velcro isn’t holding up.

Make sure the car has flat bottom and it's clean before you place the Dual Lock on.

Some cars have a curved surface or wheel wells by the tires. For example, I put Mario Kart Hotwheels on, but in order to make them flat I had to grind off some metal to make them work. If I didn't do this, there's not enough surface area to get a good hold.

#1184 3 years ago

Got my hot wheels in today! Thanks to Michael Grant and the team at American Pinball! This game is incredible. Truly a dream theme for our family and we love it. Pics to come.

#1185 3 years ago

Oh and perfectly smooth shooter rod. I am getting some feedback from the speakers and occasionally the ball is coming out of the vuk, hitting the ramp and bouncing onto the playfield. Although my wife and kids basically shoved me out of the way during setup so they could start playing. So I need to check for proper level and slope.
Also, what do you guys have the shaker motor level set at?

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I am getting some feedback from the speakers

Might try these on audio wiring - https://www.amazon.com/stardrift-10-Pack-Diameter-Ferrite-Suppressor/dp/B015RAZTIA/ref=sr_1_17 check for size that will work in your game.

Quoted from majicman110:

occasionally the ball is coming out of the vuk, hitting the ramp and bouncing onto the playfield.

Page 18 in the manual - turn the power down a little.

#1187 3 years ago

This game is amazing. 120 plays in and I’m loving it. So fast, starting to learn more of the strategy.

Any must have mods yet?? I’m sure someone has a cool shooter rod

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Any must have mods yet??

All the ones on this site - https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/new-amazing-custom-game-mods-to-come

You'll be glad you did.

#1189 3 years ago

I have all of these except the start finish signs. I love them. Although i knocked the ball out of the ltg gorilla's had thus resulting in the first ever hot wheels 7 ball multiball. Now if only i could find it so I can glue it back on.

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I have all of these except the start finish signs. I love them. Although i knocked the ball out of the ltg gorilla's had thus resulting in the first ever hot wheels 7 ball multiball. Now if only i could find it so I can glue it back on.

My buddy knocked the ball out of my gorilla's hand somehow as well. He couldn't recall if a ball hit it or if it just flew off. He kept yelling he had 'mini-ball' mode. At first I could not figure out what he meant and didn't notice the gorilla ball missing. When I went to install some pinstadiums I noticed it laying in the cabinet bottom and finally figured out what he was talking about!

#1192 3 years ago

Is there an external headphone jack I can install in this game?

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

My buddy knocked the ball out of my gorilla's hand somehow as well. He couldn't recall if a ball hit it or if it just flew off. He kept yelling he had 'mini-ball' mode. At first I could not figure out what he meant and didn't notice the gorilla ball missing. When I went to install some pinstadiums I noticed it laying in the cabinet bottom and finally figured out what he was talking about!

Thats hilarious!

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Is there an external headphone jack I can install in this game?

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/american-pinball-headphone-kits/products/pinpac-9-mac-american-pinball-headphone-kit-1

I haven’t verified if this works with HW or not, but I’m sure if you message them, they will get right back to you.

#1195 3 years ago

Anyone know if there is a 5V header I can hook into? I’d like to put some fans on the flipper coils. Getting a bit of flipper fade after 30 minutes or so of play time.

#1196 3 years ago

I love my Hot Wheels. I noticed today in 4 out of 6 ball travels through the VUK, four looped through perfectly and two of them did not seem to have enough "oomph" and fell out of the upside down part of the ramp. Suggestions on settings or is it something with my levels? I do keep the machine on the high side.
Thanks!

#1197 3 years ago

RikV - Have you already reduced the flipper power via Settings > Coils? During testing, we’ve had day after day of multi-hour play with no perceivable reduction in power.

pinball2020 - similar response. Try playing with the coil strength of the VUK... try both lower and higher. Of course, also make sure the game is level. Very happy that you love your game!

#1198 3 years ago

And give Dave a raise for being so patient on customer service calls, please, Ferret. Give yourself one, too.
Thanks!
Kim

#1199 3 years ago

I waxed my game today...whoa!

#1200 3 years ago

Anyone else stepping up to other pins and instinctively holding down the left flipper button while plunging?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,246 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/24?hl=pinball2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.