Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 85.
#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Do what LTG said and be sure the wires to the interlock are all connected. Possible something got knocked loose when you were getting the usb cable.
You can also check that 48 is reaching the interlock switch.

i second this. it's easy to knock an interlock wire loose when you're accessing the usb port.

#1102 3 years ago

One thing that is cool about the update that is keeps all of your previous settings. I had to double check to make sure the code version was correct but everything looks good and loaded fine.

#1103 3 years ago

I third the suggestion to check the interlock switch wires. I lost my coils a couple weeks ago, turned out to be wiggly wires on the interlock switch.

#1104 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

One thing that is cool about the update that is keeps all of your previous settings. I had to double check to make sure the code version was correct but everything looks good and loaded fine.

We never change your settings. If we do change a default setting of note in a code update, we will cover it in release notes so you can review and see if you want to change your settings.

#1105 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Lifted the playfield to install knocker the other day and freaked out because I forgot to remove the balls. Then saw that American Pinball has a guard (like JJP) to keep balls from falling when lifting playfield. Thank you American Pinball.

Installed knocker!i understood American did not recommend a knocker yet,you would think they the are all the same?.

I want to install one,can I use the knocker for Octoberfest?

#1106 3 years ago

Interlock switch tests zero volts

#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Power supply ?

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

Get a ticket open.

LTG : )

#1108 3 years ago

Yup did that this am

#1109 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

on both sides I take it.

If no power there, then Next I'd check that the connectors coming out of the power supply are properly connected, and then check the voltages coming right off the supply.

#1110 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Installed knocker!i understood American did not recommend a knocker yet,you would think they the are all the same?.
I want to install one,can I use the knocker for Octoberfest?

They have one for Hot Wheels now on their website store.

#1111 3 years ago

rosh I had checked the connections on the power supply prior. Reseated all of them. To test directly I need to remove the cover?

#1112 3 years ago

Installed new code this morning, no issues encountered. Hope you get it figured out soon joefox22 because this new code is great.

Got a dozen games in on the new code and have been extremely pleased! The new sounds and new animations are great, love shifting gears after Redline. Is the "Redline Mania" call-out different? I think it is, and it's better. The voice actor still could be more enthusiastic, but I'll take it.

Haven't encountered any serious issues; once after Redline Mania a ball was stuck behind Draven's tower, but ball search took care of that. I guess after Redline Mania ball search could be quicker, no need to wait on that search.

Music is better, much better; still could thump a little (read: a lot) more during Redline. Love the car names on the bonus screen and the new bonus bypass speed is better. Case award sound is great, and everything is getting more polished.

Well done, and keep up the great work, this is fantastic!

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

rosh I had checked the connections on the power supply prior. Reseated all of them. To test directly I need to remove the cover?

You should be able to check the voltage on the connectors without opening up the case. Black wires will be your ground, you should see yellow (12v), red(5v) and I believe Brown (48v) wires. You can typically just push the test leads into the back of the connector (not at a machine right now). If not, remove the connectors, one at a time so as to be sure they go back into the right place and orientation), and stick the test leads into the jack on the power supply case.

#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Is the "Redline Mania" call-out different? I think it is, and it's better. The voice actor still could be more enthusiastic, but I'll take it.

There are multiple "Redline Mania" callouts which may be used at the start of the mode, of varying levels of enthusiasm. From what I have experienced, they seem to change each time, just to mix things up. I believe they rotate, but Josh or Ferret can chime in to confirm how the callouts alternate.

#1115 3 years ago

Is there a link anywhere to a printed rules/gameplay tutorial for Hot Wheels, that I can download and refer back to it?

I would really like to enjoy this game to it's fullest!

Thanks, guys.

#1116 3 years ago

rosh no 48V from the power supply neither in the 9 pin connector to the cabinet nor the 12pin to the playfield

#1117 3 years ago

rosh are there fuses in the power supply?

#1118 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

rosh are there fuses in the power supply?

Not to my knowledge, however, power supplies typically have a safety cut off, leaving the machine off for 15 minutes or so, would typically reset it, but suspect you have had it off for at least that at some point since this started, but if not, power down for a half hour, and then see.

#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

no 48V from the power supply neither in the 9 pin connector to the cabinet nor the 12pin to the playfield

Dave Brennan brenna98
Technical Services Manager
[email protected]
Phone: (833) API-HELP / (833) 274-4357

Get in touch with Dave. Crap happens, maybe your power supply failed.

LTG : )

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not to my knowledge, however, power supplies typically have a safety cut off, leaving the machine off for 15 minutes or so, would typically reset it, but suspect you have had it off for at least that at some point since this started, but if not, power down for a half hour, and then see.

rosh yea def has it off for more than 15 mins

LTG yea I have calls and emails into Dave

#1121 3 years ago

Very sorry that you’re having problems, @joefox22, but I’m sure Dave will get you fixed up pronto.

There are lots of callouts in the game that have multiple variations ... in most cases they are just shuffled randomly.

#1123 3 years ago

Had this happen at the end of Redline...

7EEF03AC-D8F0-494A-A278-B090E4B0DF26 (resized).jpeg7EEF03AC-D8F0-494A-A278-B090E4B0DF26 (resized).jpeg
#1124 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Had this happen at the end of Redline...[quoted image]

But did you Save it?????

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

But did you Save it?????

Haha, I wish; it was during the engine cools phase, so no flippers. Had to nudge it to get them to drain.

#1126 3 years ago

Update looks great! Appreciate the extra sounds and improved lighting. I really like how redline mania looks with the new lighting routine. I wish there was some GI mixed in. I was even thinking it would be cool to start with some brighter GI and it fades out to complete darkness before the tach countdown to cool down. Either way, really enjoying the the update. Will be playing it a bunch this week as I am off so will be able to comment more on any bugs I have found. One bug I have encountered is any time in red line mania, the top left most GI light stays green. It will go back to normal routine after redline mania finishes.

#1127 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

the top left most GI light stays green. It will go back to normal routine after redline mania finishes.

This was fixed yesterday, but it was right after I released the code. Had never noticed it, but when I was investigating an issue relative to GI flicker thats was reported, which was fixed in this release, I did spot it. Did not want to hold off the release to investigate it. Likely other times it is either the wrong color or more likely just off when it should be on, but given its location no one had really noticed. Will be fixed in the next release.

#1128 3 years ago

I love the support and communication going on here with AP !
Very impressive , well done .

#1129 3 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Is there a link anywhere to a printed rules/gameplay tutorial for Hot Wheels, that I can download and refer back to it?
I would really like to enjoy this game to it's fullest!
Thanks, guys.

The rules section of this may be of help . ..
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/hot-wheels-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

A rule sheet was started on tiltforums.com, but not much in it yet.

Feel free to ask questions

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I love the support and communication going on here with AP !
Very impressive , well done .

Thank you! We care about your experience and want you to really enjoy your American Pinball games!

#1131 3 years ago

We are going to stream the new code tomorrow at 8pm Central! I was finally able to stack victory/loop crash with a boost, but of course it wasn't when I was streaming lol.

-Fliptronic

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The rules section of this may be of help . ..
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/hot-wheels-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/
A rule sheet was started on tiltforums.com, but not much in it yet.
Feel free to ask questions

Thank you, Josh....

#1133 3 years ago

What do owners think about a knocker enhancement where when you pass a car in the race the knocker goes off pop pop pop,exciting .yes no?

I like it,like when I hit a target in Octoberfest During the shooting gallery .

Maybe an on off option in the menu

#1134 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

What do owners think about a knocker enhancement where when you pass a car in the race the knocker goes off pop pop pop,exciting .yes no?
I like it,like when I hit a target in Octoberfest During the shooting gallery .
Maybe an on off option in the menu

I like the idea, only one pop per passing of car tho.
-Mike

#1135 3 years ago

Finally part of the billion club. Did have a glitch (screen got stuck shifting from 2nd to 3rd after victory lap multi ball) after a few minutes it cleared itself. Still had over a billion before that though. Bonus can seriously add up, I was at 5x bonus multiplier by the end.

What a blast!

98F6D29D-6408-4AA0-B6A3-47D8E935E796 (resized).jpeg98F6D29D-6408-4AA0-B6A3-47D8E935E796 (resized).jpeg
#1137 3 years ago

C'mon people. Get your reviews in! TMNT has 85 ratings already. People want to know what you think.

SmartSelect_20200805-010331_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20200805-010331_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1138 3 years ago

Like Hotwheels? Check out this YT channel

#1139 3 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Like Hotwheels? Check out this YT channel

That is great, really well done, great humor. Looks like a ton of fun.

#1140 3 years ago

brenna98
rosh
Ferret
Thx all for the help and diagnosis
New 48v power supply received and installed and all fixed up

Sunday problem Wednesday fix. Nice job guys much appreciated

#1141 3 years ago

Good to hear you're going again !

#1142 3 years ago

i have one on order hope to get next week.

#1143 3 years ago

Great news, @joefox22, thanks for the update. Enjoy the new code!

#1144 3 years ago

Here i an interesting article on Hot Wheels collectors. It appears they are crazier than pin collectors. https://thehustle.co/the-collectors-who-spend-thousands-on-rare-hot-wheels/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

#1145 3 years ago

probably safer to say 'as crazy'.

#1146 3 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Here i an interesting article on Hot Wheels collectors. It appears they are crazier than pin collectors. https://thehustle.co/the-collectors-who-spend-thousands-on-rare-hot-wheels/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

by crazier, do you mean they slander and name-call other die-cast miniature car collectors, even more than pin collectors? for instance, they say things like "Those Matchbox apologists are a bunch of self-righteous assholes, who couldn't tell a fog lamp from a tailpipe!"

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

C'mon people. Get your reviews in! TMNT has 85 ratings already. People want to know what you think.
[quoted image]

I would love to help and give a review, just need AP to send me out a game and I will be right on it...

In all seriousness, loving the look of this game and how the rule set is shaping up. Wish there was a location around me to give it a play, but doubt that will happen. Just need to wait until possibly MGC next year If i don't pick myself one up before then...

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

I would love to help and give a review, just need AP to send me out a game and I will be right on it...
In all seriousness, loving the look of this game and how the rule set is shaping up. Wish there was a location around me to give it a play, but doubt that will happen. Just need to wait until possibly MGC next year If i don't pick myself one up before then...

I believe you can play it this weekend at the Toy And Hot Wheels Meetup, which will be outdoors, in South Beloit, not that far from you. Michael Grant will be there with one of our machines and I believe Joe Balcer will be there for part of the day as well . . . Vegas9 can you confirm if this is still happening?

https://www.facebook.com/events/291410375397786/

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I believe you can play it this weekend at the Toy And Hot Wheels Meetup, which will be outdoors, in South Beloit, not that far from you. Michael Grant will be there with one of our machines and I believe Joe Balcer will be there for part of the day as well . . . vegas9 can you confirm if this is still happening?
https://www.facebook.com/events/291410375397786/

It's happening!

Come play HOT WHEELS pinball and meet Joe Balcer this coming Saturday at the Toy and Hot Wheels Meetup at Vern's Flea Market in South Beloit, IL

Saturday, August 8th at Vern's Flea Market
440 Gardner Street, South Beloit, IL 61080
Event runs from 10:00am until 3:00pm

Come say hello, take a photo with Joe, and receive a free autographed Hot Wheels, Okotoberfest or Houdini flyer while you're at it.

Face Masks or Face Coverings are required at our outdoor booth. We will sanitize the game between each play. Social Distancing required.

We hope to see you there!
IMG_20200623_150010_462 (resized).jpgIMG_20200623_150010_462 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1595892562199 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1595892562199 (resized).jpg

#1150 3 years ago

Just polished and waxed the shooter rod...please take a moment to do this. Big difference in skill shot smoothness. My shooter rod was kind of nicked and unpolished from factory. Made the skill shot kind of grainy, if that makes sense. Buffed it out on the polishing wheel and wow, super smooth now. For a game that relies on precision plunging I highly recommend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/23?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.