Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 85.
#1051 3 years ago

Great layout with an excellent and fun rule set! Build quality is excellent with not one playfield issue. Hot Wheels is a winner! Fun, fast, and furious game

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is this at the barcade?

They both will be as soon as it is allowed to open .

#1053 3 years ago

I just had the most “hot wheels“ thing happen that really helped me feel the theme. I hit one ball one direction on the inter orbit and another ball the other direction on the outer orbit while having a previous ball race down the ramp.

The layout on this game keeps impressing me with its simplicity and flow.

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Settings > Standard > Feature Insert Brightness affects both inserts and GI in the last production code... in the upcoming code, this has been broken out to have separate GI and insert brightness adjustments. But for now, just increase Feature Insert Brightness, and you should be good.
Thanks!

Thanks! I also upped the back box lighting, as it appears to be tied to the ‘stadium’ lighting above the back of the playfield.

Was able to get my first billion+ game in on the current code, mostly thanks to a good loop crash multiball. Only made it to second gear!

115B8974-894D-4CF3-BBB3-6268A8A8E63D (resized).jpeg115B8974-894D-4CF3-BBB3-6268A8A8E63D (resized).jpeg892769A6-6054-4562-8BCE-768E07A45ADB (resized).jpeg892769A6-6054-4562-8BCE-768E07A45ADB (resized).jpeg
#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I just had the most “hot wheels“ thing happen that really helped me feel the theme. I hit one ball one direction on the inter orbit and another ball the other direction on the outer orbit while having a previous ball race down the ramp.
The layout on this game keeps impressing me with its simplicity and flow.

^This is a great comment-- and it is so true.

It is also really satisfying that both outer orbit shots can be shot at the same time, and the balls will not collide.

#1056 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

They both will be as soon as it is allowed to open .

Cool I wasnt sure if they were open or not. Cant wait to get there and play your pins!

#1057 3 years ago

Is this an Easter egg?

CA55B945-E9B1-417F-8385-2F78D6CB5664 (resized).jpegCA55B945-E9B1-417F-8385-2F78D6CB5664 (resized).jpeg
#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is this an Easter egg?
[quoted image]

well, would have been if the 4th title of API was hidden there, not OF...
or than its a subliminal message for your next buy

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is this an Easter egg?
[quoted image]

Nope, Flip the playfield and play some Okto!

#1060 3 years ago

Lifted the playfield to install knocker the other day and freaked out because I forgot to remove the balls. Then saw that American Pinball has a guard (like JJP) to keep balls from falling when lifting playfield. Thank you American Pinball.

#1061 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Lifted the playfield to install knocker the other day and freaked out because I forgot to remove the balls. Then saw that American Pinball has a guard (like JJP) to keep balls from falling when lifting playfield. Thank you American Pinball.

I do find that when putting it back down often a ball will then escape

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I do find that when putting it back down often a ball will then escape

you totally beat me to it.

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

always just stuff the rag in the kickout. that's how grandpa used to do it.

#1064 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

always just stuff the rag in the kickout. that's how grandpa used to do it.

Even on my JJP's I still remove the balls first for safety. But this is my first AP machine and have bee thrilled with the build quality. It's nice to know it is there for those absent minded moments.

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Even on my JJP's I still remove the balls first for safety. But this is my first AP machine and have bee thrilled with the build quality. It's nice to know it is there for those absent minded moments.

i actually do, too. and put them in the coinbox. my absent-mindedness comes into play when i always forget to put them back in and realize this after i've closed up the game and press start.

#1066 3 years ago

On most games, I like to remove the balls and place them in the lockdown bar receiver. Makes it impossible to forget about them when putting the game back together. The downside is that sometimes you knock the balls off when reaching over the cabinet to do whatever you're doing on the playfield, although it seems I mostly approach playfields from the side when working on 'em.

#1067 3 years ago

My move is to put them in my pocket and to forget to put them back in the game 100% of the time. Haha

#1068 3 years ago

Loving the LTG gorilla!

B877429A-22B6-41DE-BCC0-F9B58C553052 (resized).jpegB877429A-22B6-41DE-BCC0-F9B58C553052 (resized).jpeg
#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Please check that the 'E' target is not deflecting the ball. There's a chance that it may need a slight adjustment.

I pushed the "E" back a bit, and I think that fixed it.

This game screams, I have the flippers at 28 on power, and that seems perfect.

If they can improve the background music at the start of the game, then this will be a GEM

#1070 3 years ago

Took a picture or two the other day. So here's one of my Hot Wheels pin sitting next to Houdini.

IMG_2986 (resized).JPGIMG_2986 (resized).JPG
#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Took a picture or two the other day. So here's one of my Hot Wheels pin sitting next to Houdini.

Beautiful line up.

No Oktoberfest ?

LTG : )

#1072 3 years ago

No I don't have an Oktoberfest, but I'd sure think about it if a smoking deal would pop up !

Thinking ahead I also have to wonder what title #4 from AP will be like...

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I also have to wonder what title #4 from AP will be like...

After Hot Wheels, I am definitely interested in #4. As long as a theme I like. I am now a confident American Pinball customer.

#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Thinking ahead I also have to wonder what title #4 from AP will be like...

Hard to guess. Houdini can be a little hard to get rocking like TZ. Oktoberfest is a festival kind of fun. Hot Wheels is crazy fast fun.

Since they are making each game more fun. I'd suspect title #4 will continue on a lot of fun path.

#1075 3 years ago

Enjoy . .. .

code_release_hw_20.08.01 (resized).pngcode_release_hw_20.08.01 (resized).png

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

CHANGE LOG

NEW -- added adjustments for "Boost Scoring Tach Advance" and "Boost Scoring Ready Memory" (under Settings > Game Features).
NEW -- added adjustment for "Loop Multiball Super Jackpot Timer" (under Settings > Game Features).
NEW -- added adjustment for "General Illumination Brightness" (under Settings > Standard). This allows playfield inserts and GI brightness to be adjusted separately.
NEW -- added several new pricing plans, improve token handling.
NEW -- added on-screen messaging at power-up if there is a problem communicating with the P-ROC controller.
NEW -- added support for incremental code updates in the future.
NEW -- added new display and lighting effects when advancing Gears when Redline ends.
NEW -- changed presentation for Tilt Warning and Tilt.
NEW -- added new display effect for Advance Bonus X.
NEW -- added new display effect when adding fuel during Battles (B-A-T-T-L-E targets).
NEW -- completing all B-A-T-T-L-E targets during a Battle now adds a significant extra amount of fuel.
NEW -- fuel consumption during Battles will be paused if there is no game activity for several seconds.
NEW -- Skill Shot now briefly flashes the Tach level reached from revving the engine with the left flipper.
NEW -- added knocker effect when awarding a credit.
NEW -- added new music track for Legend Multiball.
NEW -- added new music track when entering initials for a high score / champ record.
MODIFIED -- tweaked default strengths for several coils.
MODIFIED -- options now wrap around when editing Settings in service mode.
MODIFIED -- cleaned up some unused audits; correctly tally others that were not being updated.
MODIFIED -- adjusted scoring balance throughout.
MODIFIED -- enhanced rules for T-rex Battle. Spinners now build up value to be collected on the right ramp shot.
MODIFIED -- during Gorilla Battle ramps phase, the blue ramp will now be awarded from a left orbit shot if the ball is diverted for Race Start.
MODIFIED -- the "Advance Race Position" Collector Case Award will no longer be given during multiball.
MODIFIED -- improved end-of-ball Bonus choreography.
MODIFIED -- improved Extra Ball choreography.
MODIFIED -- improved Redline Jackpot choreography.
MODIFIED -- improved Loop Crash Multiball choreography.
MODIFIED -- improved choreography when starting a Battle and Car Chaos together.
MODIFIED -- improved presentation of on-screen Tach in higher gears and when Boost is active.
MODIFIED -- numerous enhancements to game lighting.
MODIFIED -- the shot/target lamps for completed Epic Features will now turn solid when it has been qualified for Epic Collect.
MODIFIED -- numerous changes and enhancements to sound effects.
MODIFIED -- in Track Multiball, Jackpot and Super Jackpot values now reset after Mega Jackpot is collected or times out.
MODIFIED -- animations no longer abort by double-flipping when the ball is actively in play.
MODIFIED -- status panel will now auto-hide when there are changes in game state.
FIXED -- resolved possible crash when entering service mode.
FIXED -- fixed service mode Utilities > Clear Balls sometimes not clearing all balls from the machine.
FIXED -- ensure system volume is correctly set at power-up.
FIXED -- fixed several edge-case bugs when starting Redline Mania.
FIXED -- Epic Cars no longer prevents collection of cars toward Case Awards and Car Chaos.
FIXED -- corrected scoring issues during Legend Multiball, including Legend Jackpot not actually being awarded.
FIXED -- resolved issue where GI would flicker when changing color due to tach changes

#1076 3 years ago

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing the new choreography and rule tweaks.
Doubt anyone will appreciate the new music track for Legend Multiball except Josh - but maybe one day.

#1077 3 years ago

New code...sweet. Can’t wait to install.

Made numerous adjustments today...

Replaced the foam backing behind the three front car targets. (Previously replaced RPM target foam). On my machine this was absolutely necessary to prevent airballs. No more airballs!

Had to adjust the left flipper. It wasn’t aligned to the alignment hole. It was raised too high. Lowered to match the alignment hole and shots are more accessible, specifically the turbo and Draven’s tower. Nice!

Also applied a small amount of lithium grease to the spoon of the pops and adjusted the gaps. Much more active now. Great! Thanks for the tip.

Finally, noticed that my play field had a slight twist in it. Sloped one way at the pops and the opposite at the flippers. Added a spacer at the lockdown bar and leveled it out. That was a tough one to figure out. Kept draining STDM from the pops previously. Hopefully fixed now.

Added bonus, added Invisiglass; this is a great upgrade. The backglass on this is so great, but just not when it reflects on the glass. No more reflections.

Question: on auto launch, does the ball go to the pops or make the full orbit?

#1078 3 years ago

Almost forgot...and this...inspired from folks at the JP2 thread. No more dust.

36127450-ECE3-4E4B-B31F-FF4E452210DB (resized).jpeg36127450-ECE3-4E4B-B31F-FF4E452210DB (resized).jpeg
#1079 3 years ago

after new code update, ball won't kick into shooter lane upon start and no flippers Anyone else? rosh ?

#1080 3 years ago

Reverted back to old code same issue.
I only find 2 small fuses under playfield and none in the backbox.
Flipper Buttons aren’t responding at all not even “reving the engines” while waiting to plunge. Game was fully functional prior to code update. Weird

#1081 3 years ago

My game wasn’t booting up after the update. It said the update was successful but would get stuck at a screen with text in the upper left corner and never start up. So then I downloaded the code to a different flash drive and it worked that time. No issues with the flippers, etc.

E67AA3D5-35F9-4C93-9CF2-E5A4FE3FEADB (resized).jpegE67AA3D5-35F9-4C93-9CF2-E5A4FE3FEADB (resized).jpeg
#1082 3 years ago

Verified all coils not functioning
No pops
all coil tests don’t work either?

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

No pops

i had a clean smooth install. no issues. wish i could help. definitely put in a service ticket asap.

#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Check to see if you have 48v at the coil driver boards.
With your playfield up and coin door closed, check the brown and black wires going to the driver board.

You can also check to make sure you have 48v at the coin lockout switch. I’ve heard of that door tab getting bent and not pressing the lockout switch fully.

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Check to see if you have 48v at the coil driver boards.
With your playfield up and coin door closed, check the brown and black wires going to the driver board.
You can also check to make sure you have 48v at the coin lockout switch. I’ve heard of that door tab getting bent and not pressing the lockout switch fully.

Which boards are the coils driver boards ?

#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

It's really easy to tell if you have power to the PD-16s mounted under the playfield as they have an LED right next to the power inputs. If you don't see those lit make sure to pull out the interlock switch if the coin door is open.

#1087 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Center of the playfield. Has all the transistors.
https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/pd-16/

#1088 3 years ago

Ok
That’s what I thought. Are all the leds next to the transistors supposed to be lit. I only have 5v and 3.3v indicators lit

#1089 3 years ago

Also updated to 20.08.01 with no install issues. New sounds and video noticed right away on first play on new code.

@ joefox22 - hope you are sorted out soon.

#1090 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

My game wasn’t booting up after the update. It said the update was successful but would get stuck at a screen with text in the upper left corner and never start up. So then I downloaded the code to a different flash drive and it worked that time. No issues with the flippers, etc.
[quoted image]

Certain USB sticks can be problematic. When you find a good one stick with it, and clear all files off before grabbing code for updates on any game.

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Ok
That’s what I thought. Are all the leds next to the transistors supposed to be lit. I only have 5v and 3.3v indicators lit

There are high voltage power indicator LEDs next to the power inputs (brown / black wires) on both sides of both boards, if those aren't lit you don't have 48V to the boards. Double check the coin door interlock switch but I'm sure Dave can get you back up and running if that's not the problem.

#1092 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

There are high voltage power indicator LEDs next to the power inputs (brown / black wires) on both sides of both boards, if those aren't lit you don't have 48V to the boards. Double check the coin door interlock switch but I'm sure Dave can get you back up and running if that's not the problem.

Yea no 48v. Pressing Interlock switch I’m and out and pulling it out. No difference

#1093 3 years ago

There are fuses in the backbox too; they’re hiding behind the monitor in the metal box.

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Question: on auto launch, does the ball go to the pops or make the full orbit?

Most of the time, should make the full orbit.

#1095 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There are fuses in the backbox too; they’re hiding behind the monitor in the metal box.

Yea founds those too all good

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Yea founds those too all good

Pull and check with a meter ?

Check connectors involved, please make sure they are on tight and don't have a wire sticking up from a connector.

I don't have a game to check. There has to be a power source, I'd get a meter on it and see if the problem lies there.

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

No pops

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-7/Hot-Wheels-Manual-7-13-2020.pdf manual from the American Pinball website - page 39 has the power distribution.

I would check that the wires are on the high power interlock switch, on the opening left side of the coin door hole, are on tight. Try testing or playing a game with the coin door open and the high power interlock switch pulled out to enable it. Maybe the metal flap that pushes it closed isn't pushing it in far enough - if not bend it a little.

#1098 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

No pops

So you did update and then no power?

game attempts to start when you hit start but no ball served?

And can you go into service mode, correct?

If so have you tested ALL coils?

#1099 3 years ago

We ran our HW Speed Run Contest yesterday and a number of people had a blast. No one was able to take down the $1000 bounty for under a minute.

The winning times were:

1st: 1:28
2nd: 1:48
3rd: 2:43

I wasn’t eligible for the contest but managed to take down Josh’s best time at the event. I even have proof as it was live streamed .

Putting code update in right now looking forward to the update.
F08F0FB2-CFAC-44C7-8757-DF0AC1332441 (resized).jpegF08F0FB2-CFAC-44C7-8757-DF0AC1332441 (resized).jpeg

#1100 3 years ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Yea no 48v. Pressing Interlock switch I’m and out and pulling it out. No difference

Do what LTG said and be sure the wires to the interlock are all connected. Possible something got knocked loose when you were getting the usb cable.

You can also check that 48 is reaching the interlock switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/22?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.