Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 85.
#951 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I have the same problem with the left ramp. It’s hitting the metal protector at the end of the ramp and bouncing over. I’m at 6 degrees and perfectly level. Planning to install some thin drop-dead foam to correct. Not sure if you can buy the thin stuff anymore but luckily I have some on hand.

I noticed that the only time I'd see it happen on the machine at AP was when it kicks out of the track lane. Never when you shoot the ramp on the right.

Suppose the VUK that kicks it into the track loop could be putting some kind of funky spin that a foam stopper would probably correct. Noticed that a simple nudge just as the ball reaches the inlane worked too.

#952 3 years ago

I have not experienced bounces and drains as described by a couple folks at the end of the orange ramp. Set up at stock incline, all leg levelers screwed in, and game is leveled side to side at front and back.

#953 3 years ago

Couple bugs I’ve encountered

Red Line Multiball - Upon shutdown prior to start of multiball, if a ball finds its way into the shooter lane, you only have 1 ball the entire mode even if you drain it

Opening the coin door and entering menu will knock out lights on the game where you have to reboot the machine to get them back.

#954 3 years ago

Does AP offer a headset mod for their games?

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Does AP offer a headset mod for their games?

Not on their website store. So I'd guess no.

LTG : )

#957 3 years ago

Coming after you Josh Having a blast playing this game once you adjust the sensitivity on the sling coils, jack it up and put it on advanced outlines. This game purrs can’t wait for the next update!!! Everyone once in a while a fast shot will fall off of the right ramp but hey it is what it is.

CED30285-5B96-48B9-BB06-112E31627809 (resized).jpegCED30285-5B96-48B9-BB06-112E31627809 (resized).jpeg
#958 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Red Line Multiball - Upon shutdown prior to start of multiball, if a ball finds its way into the shooter lane, you only have 1 ball the entire mode even if you drain it

Sounds like a bonus secret mode
Speaking of which, I love games that can slightly alter main modes based on what you did previously. A couple examples would be HOTK (Hand of the King) in GOT, and Deadpool battles with teamups altering the rules. Does HW have any of those types of rules?
Also, does HW come with HD or standard glass?

#960 3 years ago

I have hd on mine as always it is great

#961 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Couple bugs I’ve encountered

Already fixed for the upcoming code release.

Quoted from Palmer:

Opening the coin door and entering menu will knock out lights on the game where you have to reboot the machine to get them back.

This is on our bug tracker, but haven't yet found a repro case for the problem... the vast majority of the time it works as expected. If you have a specific sequence of steps you can follow to make this problem occur, please let us know, we'd love to fix this!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Speaking of which, I love games that can slightly alter main modes based on what you did previously. A couple examples would be HOTK (Hand of the King) in GOT, and Deadpool battles with teamups altering the rules. Does HW have any of those types of rules?

Not like that, no... a focus of Hot Wheels was having the rules be super easy to understand. If you like incredibly sophisticated and deep rules alterations based on what you do during the game, may I suggest Oktoberfest?

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Standard.

Thanks!

#962 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Everyone once in a while a fast shot will fall off of the right ramp but hey it is what it is.

i've had this happen a few times as well. a fast enough shot up the right ramp will launch it mid-air and in a few instances it took out the mounted car. i mentioned it to them. i feel like a plastic ramp cover would be a big help here.

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i've had this happen a few times as well. a fast enough shot up the right ramp will launch it mid-air and in a few instances it took out the mounted car. i mentioned it to them. i feel like a plastic ramp cover would be a big help here.

Yep has this happen too. Just, FYI.

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just ordered Invisiglass 2-pack from Cointaker for $399 plus shipping. Going on Hot Wheels and JP2.

#965 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Just ordered Invisiglass 2-pack from Cointaker for $399 plus shipping. Going on Hot Wheels and JP2.

Is hot wheels standard size glass?

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Is hot wheels standard size glass?

Yes.

#967 3 years ago

If y'all are getting airborne balls when shooting the right ramp, you might consider lowering your flipper strength a notch or two (via Settings > Coils in the menus).

#968 3 years ago

Just had an amazing game and got to see a lot more of the code. Won my first followed by second race. So much fun! Won the second race on an amazing dead flip to one shot hit for the finish.

Suggestion, please crank the volume on Red Line Mania music. It is so soft compared to the rest of the game. It should be blasting.

Question, at the end of one of my balls it said on the screen, "Epic Fail." ,besides my mediocre skill, what does that mean?

Question, after playing two Battles, it would only let me start a battle by hitting the right saucer and no longer the track VUK. Is that how it is supposed to be?

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Suggestion, please crank the volume on Red Line Mania music. It is so soft compared to the rest of the game. It should be blasting

Yep, I said it before and I’ll say it again...this is the largest area for improvement/polishing this pin needs!!! Better music/sound effects and better equalization, use the great audio equipment that is installed standard in every machine.

Secondly, scoring balancing.

I’m sure both will be addressed in the new code.

#970 3 years ago

One more plea for car-based perks...kids got a Hot Wheels ID track set, this is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while, toy-wise. Imagine if this pin could integrate a personal ID car when playing...ID cars are uniquely identifiable cars that have specific characteristics. They can be used on a smart track...why not a smart pin? Anyway, I know it’s not gonna happen, but...could you imagine loading your car into a cradle then starting a game with car-specific perks??? The possibilities for this game are limitless ( almost).

Another anecdote, just got done playing a new Elvira, and while fun and smooth, I feel like I’ve seen most of what it has to offer in a couple dozen games. Hot Wheels could have major staying power. Just sayin’

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Question, at the end of one of my balls it said on the screen, "Epic Fail." ,besides my mediocre skill, what does that mean?

So if you drain with Epic Features active, we still give you a small percentage of your accumulated Epic Jackpot value as a (usually silent) freebie. But if the value of the Epic Jackpot lost was rather high, the game harasses you a bit with the "Epic Fail" messaging.

Quoted from Crile1:

Question, after playing two Battles, it would only let me start a battle by hitting the right saucer and no longer the track VUK. Is that how it is supposed to be?

It is. This is adjustable via Settings > Features > Battle Start Difficulty.

#972 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

So if you drain with Epic Features active, we still give you a small percentage of your accumulated Epic Jackpot value as a (usually silent) freebie. But if the value of the Epic Jackpot lost was rather high, the game harasses you a bit with the "Epic Fail" messaging.

It is. This is adjustable via Settings > Features > Battle Start Difficulty.

Thanks! I felt like an idiot hitting track saucer over and over trying to start a battle, then realized it wasn't lit. This game is great. So much flow that it is hard to stop the ball to make a control shot. I love it!

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

One more plea for car-based perks...kids got a Hot Wheels ID track set, this is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while, toy-wise. Imagine if this pin could integrate a personal ID car when playing...ID cars are uniquely identifiable cars that have specific characteristics. They can be used on a smart track...why not a smart pin? Anyway, I know it’s not gonna happen, but...could you imagine loading your car into a cradle then starting a game with car-specific perks??? The possibilities for this game are limitless ( almost).
Another anecdote, just got done playing a new Elvira, and while fun and smooth, I feel like I’ve seen most of what it has to offer in a couple dozen games. Hot Wheels could have major staying power. Just sayin’

I've traveled down this rabbit hole within myself. The HWid application and cars are amazing and I anticipated the possibilities of working them into this pin. Now, after experiencing this machine, I'm thankful HWid is not present. AP is on the right track. I hate to use the term less-is-more, but this machine feels great the way it is.

#974 3 years ago

I agree, the game play is great the way it is. I was just off in lala land again.

#975 3 years ago

Game is terrific as designed and built. Has become one of my favorite games in my collection. This is approachable for all and has plenty of challenge too. I have been playing it a lot ! Has an almost classic feel to it. Something that is just plain fun and you keep wanting to play. Right mix of shots and goals you can go after as you see fit.

#976 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If y'all are getting airborne balls when shooting the right ramp, you might consider lowering your flipper strength a notch or two (via Settings > Coils in the menus).

i intentionally turned it up a few notches, maybe 2-3 above default. i find the action and play is better suited to the theme. i also prefer snappier, stronger flippers overall, in any game. the other reason is that i find the flippers struggle with either more than one ball on them, or batting a ball that's beaming directly at them. i'd sooner live with the airballs, than sacrifice the gameplay. but if you guys design and produce a plastic that covers the ramp and extends at least as far as the mounted car, i'll be happy to test it for you!

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Thanks! I felt like an idiot hitting track saucer over and over trying to start a battle, then realized it wasn't lit.

Originally all battles would start there, but after shooting the whitewood I felt that was one of the more challenging shots in the game, and wanted it easier for novices to to be able to start battles. In addition Ferret was proposing that battles both start and end at the saucer, so that further pushed into making the track builder a secondary battle saucer for starting and finishing modes. The default setting does require the lower saucer to start the third, four and Draven battles, since if you are getting to those battles, than you are probably move than a novice, so time to step up and make the shot. But as ferret posted, you can always adjust the setting on that. The track builder for starting battles, also makes it a bit easier to stack that with a track MB.

#978 3 years ago

Just have to say..... There must be a shout out to #Ferret Seems like he is always coding, squashing bugs, or on this forum answering Any question 24/7. Sincerely amazing really. I realize API is a small company but the dedicated individuals they secure are priceless. I do hope he is an hourly employee though. Lol

#979 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

but the dedicated individuals they secure are priceless.

And the people they have love what they do and it shows !

#980 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just have to say..... There must be a shout out to #Ferret Seems like he is always coding, squashing bugs, or on this forum answering Any question 24/7. Sincerely amazing really. I realize API is a small company but the dedicated individuals they secure are priceless. I do hope he is an hourly employee though. Lol

and last time we've exchanged some messages about OF, he replied me right in the middle of the night for you in the US !

than you can now add that he seems to even not sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

#981 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and last time we've exchanged some messages about OF, he replied me right in the middle of the night for you in the US !
than you can now add that he seems to even not sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

He's a Robot!

#982 3 years ago

Bleep, blorp!

Thank you all for the kind words, really appreciate it!

All of us at American Pinball certainly know that you want great games, and you want to be able to reach out to people at the company to get help and support, ask questions, or just talk about the game, so we're all trying our best to provide that for you. And since we're all lonnnnng time pinball fans, it's quite a privilege for us to be able to earn a living doing exactly that.

Thanks for your support!

#983 3 years ago

Knocker officially for sale on API website! Ordered!

#984 3 years ago

It really is a privilege to be able to work in the hobby we love and also to promote it to the world. And it feels so great to believe in the games we offer and to help our customers with any issues that may arise. We want you to enjoy the games as much as we enjoy them.

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Knocker officially for sale on API website!

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/hot-wheels-knocker-kit-kit0002-00

Don't delay. Order today !

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Knocker officially for sale on API website!

Someone jumped the gun on posting the knocker kit for sale before instructions were ready.
I’ll post make them as soon as I can.

They are similar to the Oktoberfest knocker kit, but the add-on board is now in the head behind the monitor.

#987 3 years ago

I saw something about limiting boost once per gear in the next update. It would be great if instead of limiting it just once that it decreases in value each time you use it. Just an idea. I really like how that shot is hard to hit and it really gets the adrenaline flowing when you hit it during a stacked battle + multiball. I guess it will make players advance gears though which is a good thing.

Really enjoying this game! Keep up the good work!

#988 3 years ago

BTW, we invite owners and players who have gotten some solid play time in on Hot Wheels to add your thoughts to the Pinside ratings. <https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/hot-wheels-american-pinball/ratings>

#989 3 years ago

Has anyone had difficulty post passing from right cradle to left flipper? left to right is fine, but after trying all kinds of varying timing it just never seems to want to post pass on the right side.

#990 3 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Has anyone had difficulty post passing from right cradle to left flipper? left to right is fine, but after trying all kinds of varying timing it just never seems to want to post pass on the right side.

I'm able to pass both ways but the ball has a ton of spin down the flipper which makes it hard to trap up. Not sure what brand flipper rubber they use but I'm going to switch to Titan or Perfect Play and see if that makes a difference.

#991 3 years ago

I'm not able to post pass either way. I can get it done but it's a chore.

#992 3 years ago

Post passing is difficult on my version, it can be done but not in the conventual way like on most machines. I don't see this as too big of an issue as the overall gameplay is quite liberal and don't find it a drainy game. In fact if I were setting it up for a major tournament it would need the middle post removed and lightning flippers added as I find it is a long player, even with the advanced outlanes, sensitive slings and increased coil power of flippers.

Quoted from Venetic:

#993 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

...lightning flippers added as I find it is a long player, even with the advanced outlanes, sensitive slings and increased coil power of flippers.

Now that's just bragging.

#994 3 years ago

Tournament players are good so you have to use every trick in the book to keep them on their toes

Quoted from luckymoey:

Now that's just bragging.

#995 3 years ago

Suggestion: Red Line Mania is so quiet. It should be adrenaline pounding. Crank up the music and change pops, slings, targets, etc to early solid state sounds a la BKSOR throwback mode. That would be awesome!

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Suggestion: Red Line Mania is so quiet. It should be adrenaline pounding. Crank up the music and change pops, slings, targets, etc to early solid state sounds a la BKSOR throwback mode. That would be awesome!

I second this.

#997 3 years ago

Played one game on Hot Wheels tonight. Love the shots. By far the best shooting AP game yet. Only shot I didn’t find right away was the turbo boost shot. Loved the lighting, art, animations. Sound was a bit low though so can’t really comment on that.

The pops weren’t lively so the ball liked to simply just pass through without any action. Simple fix though.

Here’s my main question to AP and AP owners as it’s really the main thing holding me back from getting one of these.

Are the flippers just pretty weak stock like JJP likes to do? If you crank them up do they get more snappy?

On stock power when I would try to hit the turbo boost I’d hit the right orbit. Haha. Just felt like they were underpowered.

I’ve seen this consistent on all JJP and AP games.

No intermittent flippers dying when chaotic gameplay was going on like I’ve seen with Houdini, so looks like that’s been solved. That’s great.

Can’t wait to play more!

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are the flippers just pretty weak stock like JJP likes to do? If you crank them up do they get more snappy?

We put the flippers at reasonable power setting to make the shots for the suggested 6 degree pitch. It’s possible the copy you played was set at a higher pitch.

Yes, The flipper power can be turned up for more snap, but you may experience more air-balls And harder hits to targets.

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Post pass left -to- right is no problem, but right -to- left is a loopy mess. That being said, it is the exact same as my WOZ and JP2. So, it’s not the pin...it’s me

#1000 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The pops weren’t lively so the ball liked to simply just pass through without any action. Simple fix though.

I’d love to get the pops really hopping, what’s the simple fix? Change the spring? move the cup further away?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/20?hl=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.