0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
Plunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6153 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 85.
#901 3 years ago

Just curious we got a our game today and it plays great!!! Just wondering is there a way to set the game just to do a speed run challenge? Next Saturday at the arcade we will be giving out prizes for the 3 best speed runs of the day. As well putting out a substantial sponsored bounty for the first person to go sub 1:00 on the speed run. I only played one game on it and got a 2:38 speed run so thinking it may be possible but the stars do need to align to get a sub 1:00 for sure.
56F5EB9B-734B-4F99-B826-521C39A2AED0 (resized).jpeg56F5EB9B-734B-4F99-B826-521C39A2AED0 (resized).jpegED1BEDDD-0B71-44EF-BB96-CF31C1B0B689 (resized).jpegED1BEDDD-0B71-44EF-BB96-CF31C1B0B689 (resized).jpeg

#902 3 years ago

Not at this time. We've discussed the possibility of creating a "race challenge" mode, and might do that at some point, but unfortunately it won't be by next Saturday.

Enjoy your new game!

#903 3 years ago

Cool, I will be there to validate the speed runs. What would be cool is have a selectable mini mode to do a speed race, have the graphics show you in the car at 12 place and every shot you do you pass a car and the timer is also going like a F1 race or something and once you complete you
pass the finish line. It has a ton of potential, congrats you guys made a really cool game love all the shots and look forward on getting some reactions from all of the players in our city with our special HW launch party!!! Just confirmed there will be a $1000 cash sponsored bounty prize for the first speed run under a minute at our location next Saturday since Josh wanted someone to step up with the challenge. I doubt if anyone will be able to do it but hey should be fun watching people try it out!!!

Quoted from Ferret:

Not at this time. We've discussed the possibility of creating a "race challenge" mode, and might do that at some point, but unfortunately it won't be by next Saturday.
Enjoy your new game!

#904 3 years ago

$1,000!! Daaaang. I’d ask if I would be eligible to compete, but I haven’t gotten under 90 seconds. Super fun idea, though!

#905 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Cool, I will be there to validate the speed runs. What would be cool is have a selectable mini mode to do a speed race, have the graphics show you in the car at 12 place and every shot you do you pass a car and the timer is also going like a F1 race or something and once you complete you
pass the finish line. It has a ton of potential, congrats you guys made a really cool game love all the shots and look forward on getting some reactions from all of the players in our city with our special HW launch party!!! Just confirmed there will be a $1000 cash sponsored bounty prize for the first speed run under a minute at our location next Saturday since Josh wanted someone to step up with the challenge. I doubt if anyone will be able to do it but hey should be fun watching people try it out!!!

$1000?!?! where is this, exactly??

#907 3 years ago

What do I get for doing it on one occasion in over a hundred plays at 5 minutes and 40 seconds ?

Has to be worth a Buck or maybe one New Hot Wheel car.

#908 3 years ago

oh man, I'd be all over this. but US/Canadian border still closed. Maybe I can get an exemption by convincing border agents that my winning $1000 playing pinball, while my business is getting destroyed by a government mandated shutdown, is essential.

#909 3 years ago

Yes, we are in the same boat, people are legitimately scared to come play pinball and arcade our revenues are down 75% from pre-covid. It is totally understandable it is a tough time for every small business, so we were lucky that a local company wanted to help us out and put up a nice sized bounty prize to help attract people to come in and try their luck and help promote our facility.

Quoted from bigehrl:

oh man, I'd be all over this. but US/Canadian border still closed. Maybe I can get an exemption by convincing border agents that my winning $1000 playing pinball, while my business is getting destroyed by a government mandated shutdown, is essential.

#910 3 years ago

After 2 days of ownership, still loving it. This game shoots so well. I love the inner and outer orbits. Love the speed on the orange ramp. Just plain fun!

#911 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

After 2 days of ownership, still loving it

well, as not english native, not sure how i have to understand that !?
would be sad if after only 2 days you will not love anymore your new pin :/

#912 3 years ago

Want to ask at what angle to you have your playfiled? And about what percentage of balls exiting the pops head STDM?

I been adjusting my play field angle to find the sweet spot; I was up at 7 degrees to try to cut down on the air balls, but since replacing the foam behind the RPM targets I lowered it down to 6.3 degrees. Once relearning the shots, I like this angle much better.

I’m getting maybe 20-30% of balls exiting the pops going SDTM. I should do a more careful estimation, something that will require more investigating this evening. It’s part of the cost/benefit analysis of going into the pops I suppose, but I want to make sure I’m not getting too many (If I’m getting too few then I’ll keep my mouth shut about it ).

#913 3 years ago

I’m not getting any SDTM from the pops. Have you measured your side to side level?

#914 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I’m not getting any SDTM from the pops. Have you measured your side to side level?

Yep, should be within 0.1 degrees of dead on. I’ll double check using another tool.

#915 3 years ago

Does it drop to the left or right more often?

#916 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Does it drop to the left or right more often?

Should be a perfect feed to the middle of the left flipper 99% of the time. Just mess with you leveling until it does that. Also make sure your pops are lively.

#917 3 years ago

I found the Hot Wheels Playfield Protector in another thread and wanted you all to know that it exists:

HOT WHEELS™ Playfield Protector
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/-ALlxZnVDUqwuLt1gg076w

Temporary Shipping Pause | 07/26/2020 - 08/07/10
All orders before 07/26/2020 will be shipped before the pause. We appreciate your understanding!

All the best
Your Playfield Protector Team
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/

Please check out our updated docs section!
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/about/Docs

#918 3 years ago

I have pretty much the same experience as @chuckwurt, almost all balls that come out the center exit of the pops hit the left flipper. A few balls will exit the pops out the left or right loop. And the occasional ball that does try to go SDTM usually hits the center post and bounces back up. In my experience, it only comes out of the pops and drains if Legend Multiball is lit or something like that.

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

I found the Hot Wheels Playfield Protector in another thread and wanted you all to know that it exists:
HOT WHEELS™ Playfield Protector
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/-ALlxZnVDUqwuLt1gg076w
Temporary Shipping Pause | 07/26/2020 - 08/07/10
All orders before 07/26/2020 will be shipped before the pause. We appreciate your understanding!
All the best
Your Playfield Protector Team
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/
Please check out our updated docs section!
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/about/Docs

I'm almost afraid to ask but I assume all playfields dimple at this point. However I personally haven't heard anyone complain about dimples on ap games. Has anyone had issues with excessive dimples or cratering on their ap games?

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should be a perfect feed to the middle of the left flipper 99% of the time. Just mess with you leveling until it does that. Also make sure your pops are lively.

Just thought of something...I’ll double check the side-to-side angle up near the pops. At my flippers it is near perfectly level. Thanks for the feedback. I’ll report back after I check this.

#921 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I would at this time like to point out my current inability to rev the tach AND plunge the ball at the correct level. Of note, I also fall down when chewing gum.

Really, while I love this pinball it's hard to put it in any superlative category except for one thing.

That skill shot.

Help me out here, is there any other pinball that, on the plunge, asked as much of the left hand at the same time you plunged the ball with the right? I've played it hours on end now as if I owned it, and I can't think of another game that did that.

That stuff is why pinball is great, and how silver balls and solenoids have lived on in a digital world.

#922 3 years ago

Finally got a chance to play Hot Wheels at Star Worlds Arcade in IL. Had fun, hope to keep practicing and learning the rules. Congrats to the American Pinball team!

20200723_203249 (resized).jpg20200723_203249 (resized).jpg20200723_203328 (resized).jpg20200723_203328 (resized).jpg
#923 3 years ago

Now that I am seeing more of this game I have my first suggestion: please add an actual crash sound when the "captured" ball is hit during loop crash multiball. The "smack" sound just seems a bit flat. The cool thing is that all this game needs really is polish. The shots and code are great. Enhancing the sounds, music, light show, and overall choreography will just take this game to the next level.

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Now that I am seeing more of this game I have my first suggestion: please add an actual crash sound when the "captured" ball is hit during loop crash multiball. The "smack" sound just seems a bit flat. The cool thing is that all this game needs really is polish. The shots and code are great. Enhancing the sounds, music, light show, and overall choreography will just take this game to the next level.

I asked Dwight to do this for Herman MB in Munsters. I think it’s hard as there isn’t a way for the game to know precisely when the ball hit each other.

#925 3 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

Really, while I love this pinball it's hard to put it in any superlative category except for one thing.
That skill shot.
Help me out here, is there any other pinball that, on the plunge, asked as much of the left hand at the same time you plunged the ball with the right? I've played it hours on end now as if I owned it, and I can't think of another game that did that.
That stuff is why pinball is great, and how silver balls and solenoids have lived on in a digital world.

I was watching twitch streams this week and there is actually some motorcycle game that has almost the exact same skill shot with RPM raise via left flipper button but I didn’t catch the name of the game. I thought Hot Wheels “invented” this skill shot but was surprised to see its almost an exact copy of some game that looked to be a mid 90s game. Someone help me out and confirm which game this is. It even has racing positions in it.

#926 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

I was watching twitch streams this week and there is actually some motorcycle game that has almost the exact same skill shot with RPM raise via left flipper button but I didn’t catch the name of the game. I thought Hot Wheels “invented” this skill shot but was surprised to see its almost an exact copy of some game that looked to be a mid 90s game. Someone help me out and confirm which game this is. It even has racing positions in it.

Full Throttle.

#927 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

please add an actual crash sound when the "captured" ball is hit during loop crash multiball. The "smack" sound just seems a bit flat.

Fun tidbit: in American Pinball's tradition of "knockers aren't just for free games!", Hot Wheels owners with the knocker accessory get a physical knock effect as part of that crash.

Quoted from Gtrefraction:

I was watching twitch streams this week and there is actually some motorcycle game that has almost the exact same skill shot with RPM raise via left flipper button but I didn’t catch the name of the game. I thought Hot Wheels “invented” this skill shot but was surprised to see its almost an exact copy of some game that looked to be a mid 90s game.

I suppose as multibrawlr suggests, you're thinking of Full Throttle? (I was confused by the "mid 90s" part, since Full Throttle is actually "mid 2010s" -- LCD display should give away the timeframe.) Not gonna say that skill shot -- by my friend and Alien co-conspirator, Brian Dominy -- wasn't an inspiration... as was the vroom-vroom flipper rev effects on a few other games like High Speed and High Speed 2: Getaway. Hot Wheels' skill shot still brings something new to the game, though, since you have to make skillful maneuvers with both hands simultaneously to maximize the value. (e.g. Full Throttle uses a launch button, not a manual plunger)

Thanks for the great feedback, folks!

#928 3 years ago

Reporting back...lowered the play field angle back down to 6 degrees. Adjusted the right/left level from slightly tilted right to slightly tilted left and upped the flipper power by a notch. Anyone else think that once the coils are warmed up the power goes down by a smidge? Anyway, I think she’s getting dialed in now, shots are smoother and I can hit the turbo a bit easier (going from impossible -to- improbable).

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Fun tidbit: in American Pinball's tradition of "knockers aren't just for free games!", Hot Wheels owners with the knocker accessory get a physical knock effect as part of that crash.

well... time to buy a knocker! I only see kits for the other 2 games on the site, is either compatible for hot wheels?

-Fliptronic

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

well... time to buy a knocker! I only see kits for the other 2 games on the site, is either compatible for hot wheels?

Most likely. Same knocker kit for Houdini and Oktoberfest. Best contact them before you buy to be sure. On website or check with ther service tech :

Dave Brennan brenna98
Technical Services Manager
[email protected]
Phone: (833) API-HELP / (833) 274-4357

LTG : )

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

-Fliptronic

Same here!

#932 3 years ago

doesnt know for HW (and Houdini), but must admit the knocker is a blast in my OF !

#933 3 years ago

Speaking of accessories...is there an external volume knob available?

#934 3 years ago

Just got a response from American Pinball to wait on ordering a knocker kit. The one for Houdini and Oktoberfest may not be compatible with Hot Wheels. They will let us know when it is available.

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

doesnt know for HW (and Houdini), but must admit the knocker is a blast in my OF !

Okto certainly uses it more than either Houdini or HW or possibly any machine ever. Not that we are done with HW, but probably not as many opportunities to use it, as there were in Okto, just based on the themes of the modes.

#936 3 years ago

Just got my game setup a few hours ago and loving it. I ordered it based on everyone saying how accessible it is, and they’re correct. However, man, it really does have something for everyone with its depth. Being accessible for my kids does not mean too easy or shallow for my wife and I. I’m looking forward to really spending some time on it this weekend. Two quick questions though.
1- I notice there’s lollipop rails available for the other two AP games. Can anybody comment if this might happen for Hot Wheels? Curious if I should think about powder coating what came on it or wait to see those.
2-every dozen games or so the ball exits the red ramp and takes a small bounce into the left out lane. The game is level. Anybody else see this? If so, could we get a coded ball-save for that?
Congrats AP, this game is a blast!

#937 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

2-every dozen games or so the ball exits the red ramp and takes a small bounce into the left out lane. The game is level. Anybody else see this?

Can you loosen the red ramp and move a little to the right to prevent it ?

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

Just got my game setup a few hours ago and loving it. I ordered it based on everyone saying how accessible it is, and they’re correct. However, man, it really does have something for everyone with its depth. Being accessible for my kids does not mean too easy or shallow for my wife and I. I’m looking forward to really spending some time on it this weekend. Two quick questions though.
1- I notice there’s lollipop rails available for the other two AP games. Can anybody comment if this might happen for Hot Wheels? Curious if I should think about powder coating what came on it or wait to see those.
2-every dozen games or so the ball exits the red ramp and takes a small bounce into the left out lane. The game is level. Anybody else see this? If so, could we get a coded ball-save for that?

Yes, I'm having the same issue with that left ramp, comes through the hole and that the left outlane...It's frustrating for sure.

Maybe the ball is going so fast, that is has a ton of spin on it? As this pin is really fast.

#939 3 years ago

To the guy with questions on dimpling, there are none on mine yet, I'm about 50 plays in

#940 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

Had this issue too. Tried to put some rubber behind the metal to dampen the shock...didn’t work quite as well as I had hoped...I then double sticky taped the rubber to the ball side of the metal and now it works like this...ball comes down the ramp, hit the rubber coated metal, rebounds back past the hole slightly, and then into the hole nice and softly. Never had an outline drain since. Perfect solution...no, but I cannot see the rubber and I don’t drain on the ramp return. I’d be interested in other solutions. BTW, the hole is centered over the in lane.

#941 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Yes, I'm having the same issue with that left ramp, comes through the hole and that the left outlane...It's frustrating for sure.
Maybe the ball is going so fast, that is has a ton of spin on it? As this pin is really fast.

I have the same problem with the left ramp. It’s hitting the metal protector at the end of the ramp and bouncing over. I’m at 6 degrees and perfectly level. Planning to install some thin drop-dead foam to correct. Not sure if you can buy the thin stuff anymore but luckily I have some on hand.

#942 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I have the same problem with the left ramp. It’s hitting the metal protector at the end of the ramp and bouncing over. I’m at 6 degrees and perfectly level. Planning to install some thin drop-dead foam to correct. Not sure if you can buy the thin stuff anymore but luckily I have some on hand.

That's what I was thinking of doing; hopefully that stops it; it kills me when I have a good ball going and this happens.

#943 3 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Interested in this drop dead foam. Anything else you can mention about it? Where is it from? what is the thickness?

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can you loosen the red ramp and move a little to the right to prevent it ?

I’ve moved the ramp over, but it keeps “walking back” to where it was. The screw holes are pretty wide to give room for adjustments, but they’re not grabbing when I tighten it down. Any tighter I’m afraid I’ll damage the plastic ramps.

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

I’ve moved the ramp over, but it keeps “walking back” to where it was. The screw holes are pretty wide to give room for adjustments, but they’re not grabbing when I tighten it down. Any tighter I’m afraid I’ll damage the plastic ramps.

I'd cut a short piece of vinyl tubing, like a collar, and put the screw through it and fasten that down. Hopefully the vinyl tubing will fill the hole some and stop it from sliding back over.

#946 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Interested in this drop dead foam. Anything else you can mention about it? Where is it from? what is the thickness?

I added some foam like this and it’s fixed the issue 100%.

D057F485-E1F2-4718-A7DD-B91CB386AE4E (resized).jpegD057F485-E1F2-4718-A7DD-B91CB386AE4E (resized).jpeg
#947 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Try pinbits.com. They’re the only place I’ve seen that sells it. Not sure why AP doesn’t use the typical blue circle rubber at the end of the ramp to deaden the ball.

#948 3 years ago

Make sure the ball isn't catching the post rubber on the way down. As others have mentioned, you can adjust the ramp to by loosing the 2 screws and moving it over.

#949 3 years ago

Thank you to all for the advice, I’ll try both the foam and tubing.

#950 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I added some foam like this and it’s fixed the issue 100%.

These wouldn't be seen and may work as well?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/OOK-1-2-in-Clear-Plastic-Self-Adhesive-Bumpers-8-Pack-50660/100019610

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/19?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.