20240130_170852 (resized).jpg
Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 86.
#851 3 years ago

Had some time to put on my new game last night and this morning. I have got to say that AP has a hit on their hands. This game is just so much fun to flip. I never got a chance to try out Oktoberfest and I did not enjoy Houdini. I was a bit skeptical with HW...but I am glad I picked one up.

Pros
Fit and finish of the game is really nice.
Art direction is top notch. You really captured the fun of Hot Wheels. Great use of their show assets. I honestly thought this would feel more kiddie but it is just fun instead of juvenile.
The added bonuses of having art blades, lenticular 3d art in the back, shaker included, backglass, topper (I am meh on toppers though but nice to give that away).
The whole package feels equates to a Stern Premium to me. The only thing missing is a big toy feature.
Amazing light show. Seriously you guys did a great job with the lights. Love the innovation with the chasing arrows.
A quality sound system.
Great skill shot!
It's fast! The loops really get the ball going. Lots of opportunities for on the fly flipping combos.
Several 2 ball multi ball modes with add a ball
Redline timed multiball mode is awesome!
Shots vary in difficulty. You still have a couple of tight shots. In fact it feels like the easier shots are out towards the outside and they get more difficult towards the middle with the RPM targets ending up being not so hard to shoot but are definitely riskier.
I am a sucker for guarding drop targets. This game has two. Enough said.
Lots of stacking. Lots of things to shoot for. Playfield is easy to read...good choice for insert colors during certain modes.
Very approachable game for new or novice players.

Cons
Getting build track rejects on clean shots. I am wondering if it is the gate or maybe I need to put something at the end to dampen the ball.
I sometimes get ball hang ups up top on clean orbit shots.
Clearcoat looks like it has almost a brushed texture. I need to take some photos. Curious if that is only me or if others have the same.
Only feels like one ramp even though there are two. Blue ramp doesn't feel like a ramp because entry is at back of playfield. This is nit picky as it is a creative way to get another shot back to the flippers.

Nice to haves
Would be nice if we could get lane change across both sides ie left flipper can change right side and vice versa.
Need more bonuses for combos (or maybe I am just not aware of them)
Balanced scoring (heard that is coming soon).

I really think you guys have a sleeper hit on your hands. It could be recency bias on my end but I have bought new games and haven't enjoyed them before. I am really looking forward to having my one buddy who plays pinball come over for some multiplayer fun.

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I don’t actually think that part was my idea, was it? I thought that was you, or perhaps ifpapinball ... I did dream up the CRASH concept on the magnet, though.

In looking at the Rules Doc, I'll take some of the credit or the blame on this one

"The idea of crashing pushes me into the Jet Bumpers over this being a 'shot making' kind of multiball. I'd look right at CFTBL for inspiration here . ..

10 jet bumper hits --> triggers the left string of inserts to strobe for the Jackpot and HOLD the ball for 10 seconds. Send another ball crashing into that ball for a Super Jackpot.

Every jet bumper hit increase the value of the Jackpot by the Tach value, so players can continue to build after the 10 jet bumper hits are completed. This simply lights the left orbit to be available for the Jackpot/Super Jackpot sequence.

After a successful Jackpot followed by either a successful Super or failed Super attempt, the jet bumper count starts over and 20 are needed to light the left orbit insert string for a Jackpot.

Like CFTBL the minimum number of jet bumpers required to light the Jackpot are +10 every time."

#853 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Would be nice if we could get lane change across both sides ie left flipper can change right side and vice versa.

Having the split lane change is an intentional design choice. Without that, it would be relatively easy for even an intermediate player to chop wood and shoot a ramp 20 times to set up the big 5-way Epic, which can be crazy valuable.

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback, glad you're so happy with your choice of Hot Wheels!

#854 3 years ago

Here is what I still need to understand... maybe someone can help me out here. Is it better to have the tach at 7+ in first gear or at 4-5 in second gear. Is there some overlap with the tach scoring multiplier from first to second gear etc? Maybe one shouldn’t go for Redline Mania right away.

Now comes my thinking out loud idea...in a real car the tach revs quicker both up and down in first gear, second gear revs slower. Maybe it should be harder to keep the tach balanced at 7+ in first gear than in second gear. Second gear would be harder to advance the tach but it wouldn’t drift down as fast. If someone wanted to keep a 7+ tach in first gear that would be harder to achieve without accidentally reaching Redline or falling below 7. If one “accidentally” went Redline (if they were trying to balance the tach at 7+) the good would be Redline Mania, the not so good would be the difficulty to build up the tach again, yet the good would be the tach doesn’t drift down at fast on a higher gear. To switch gears or not switch gears, that is the question.

#855 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Is it better to have the tach at 7+ in first gear or at 4-5 in second gear.

Tach at 7 in 1st gear = 700K

Tach at 4 in 2nd gear = 800K (400K Tach value * Gear Multiplier)

The key to the monster scores is working your Turbo Boost, which will be limited to once per gear, so the optimal play is to play your Turbo Boost BEFORE you Redline that gear, then focus on Redline to make that next Turbo Boost available in the following gear.

#856 3 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The key to the monster scores is working your Turbo Boost, which will be limited to once per gear, so the optimal play is to play your Turbo Boost BEFORE you Redline that gear, then focus on Redline to make that next Turbo Boost available in the following gear.

How does Turbo Boost work? In other words, how do you activate it and what does it do?

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

How does Turbo Boost work? In other words, how do you activate it and what does it do?

hit enough pops to light turbo boost, then collect it at the kicker lane that is right of the rpm targets. Gives you a 10x multiplier for 15 seconds i believe

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Cons
Getting build track rejects on clean shots. I am wondering if it is the gate or maybe I need to put something at the end to dampen the ball.

I also had this issue...see my solution here post #804. Had to add a spring to close the gate after the ball entered the lane.

#859 3 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

hit enough pops to light turbo boost, then collect it at the kicker lane that is right of the rpm targets. Gives you a 10x multiplier for 15 seconds i believe

Get the boost, start a mode, hit the lit shots and watch your 50-70M score turn into 300M in a hurry.

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

This is indeed correct. Note that you never have to do the math in your head if you don't want: the omnipresent Tach display in the upper-right corner of the screen always tells you the current Tach value.

Quoted from RikV:

If one “accidentally” went Redline (if they were trying to balance the tach at 7+) the good would be Redline Mania, the not so good would be the difficulty to build up the tach again, yet the good would be the tach doesn’t drift down at fast on a higher gear. To switch gears or not switch gears, that is the question

This is exactly the choice you must make. It's somewhat harder to rev up the Tach in higher gears (although it doesn't really rev down slower -- you have to hit the RPM targets to slow the rev-down). On the other hand, if you're not good at maintaining your RPMs, you know that in 2nd gear your minimum Tach value is 200K, not 100K.

And in case it wasn't clear: almost every score in the game -- Battle shots, multiball jackpots, Epic features, etc -- is based on Tach value.

#861 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

This is indeed correct. Note that you never have to do the math in your head if you don't want: the omnipresent Tach display in the upper-right corner of the screen always tells you the current Tach value.

This is exactly the choice you must make. It's somewhat harder to rev up the Tach in higher gears (although it doesn't really rev down slower -- you have to hit the RPM targets to slow the rev-down). On the other hand, if you're not good at maintaining your RPMs, you know that in 2nd gear your minimum Tach value is 200K, not 100K.
And in case it wasn't clear: almost every score in the game -- Battle shots, multiball jackpots, Epic features, etc -- is based on Tach value.

Brilliant! Can’t wait to go log some more games.

#862 3 years ago

One more question, does it show the tach value made on the rev-up on the skill shot on the LCD somewhere? I’m always looking for what value I made and it disappears from the play field very quickly (I might have been between digits, and it’s hard to tell what I hit). Quick thought (you guys must be getting tired of these ) have the tach flash the up to the tach digit you pulled on the rev-up and have it flash the number of the skill shot you achieved. Say you pulled an 8 on the tach rev-up and hit the #3 skill shot...flash the tach 1-8 three times.

Also, the skill shot point value scrolling in from the left is barely fast enough that I can read it before the ball needs to be played for the super. Maybe that is by design.

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

One more question, does it show the tach value made on the rev-up on the skill shot on the LCD somewhere? I’m always looking for what value I made and it disappears from the play field very quickly (I might have been between digits, and it’s hard to tell what I hit). Quick thought (you guys must be getting tired of these ) have the tach flash the up to the tach digit you pulled on the rev-up and have it flash the number of the skill shot you achieved. Say you pulled an 8 on the tach rev-up and hit the #3 skill shot...flash the tach 1-8 three times.

When you make the skill shot, the screen does display "Tach +1" or suchlike along with the value awarded... but you probably don't need to see that, if you know which skill shot "zone" you made, since it's Tach +1, +2, or +3, for skill shot zones 1, 2, and 3.

We do have the Tach lights flash the skill shot rev-up in the upcoming code release.

Thanks!

#864 3 years ago

Ok. Please forgive me. I have been on pinside for a few years and have also listened to several podcasts on a regular basis. So I am aware of several people in the industry, but many of their pinside names don't have any relation to their real names. So starting with American Pinball, can someone help me out with who is who on pinside in regards to their username?
Also, if there is any reason why someone would not want that revealed, please don't "out" them.

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

American Pinball,

American Pinball is a pinball machine manufacturer. They don't post here. Some of their employees do. rosh ( Josh ), ferret, both great software guys. vegas9 their marketing/sales guy, and brenna98 ( Dave ) their tech support guy. A simple search will turn up their names.

Some people like the anonymity, some people use made up names or initials for a variety of reasons, and necessarily to be autonomous.

Mine - LTG : ) - my old video game initials from about 1975, started as a joke and got a life of it's own. My real name is Lloyd Olson. Had my arcade for over 47 years. And help with tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball and Chicago Gaming Company.

LTG : )

#867 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

My name is Joe Schober.

Thank you, I drew a blank on that one. Even though we've met and talked at shows many times. Sorry.

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

So starting with American Pinball, can someone help me out with who is who on pinside in regards to their username?

Nirmal is another AP renegade. Though I believe he now works for AP's parent company. He was with their pinball division when Oktoberfest came out and I believe did hang out on Pinside. Great guy. Easy to guess which of the three he is.

nirmal (resized).jpegnirmal (resized).jpeg
#869 3 years ago

is the pinwiki rulesheet from 6/17 the most recent?

#870 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

So starting with American Pinball, can someone help me out with who is who on pinside in regards to their username?

Look at Ferret's avatar. See where it says American Pinball ? click on it an you get the American Pinball business directory - https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1376-american-pinball which gives their handle and avatars. Not necessarily their real names.

#871 3 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. I am easily confused. Saw ferret worked at American Pinball and that he posts high scores as JOE, so i didn't know if he was Balcer or someone else. I have heard Joe Balcer do interviews on podcasts and I just trying to reconcile some of the industry people whose names I know, with pinside posters.
I don't want to think that ferret is Balcer if he isn't and I don't want to ask rosh a question on pinside if I have already heard him answer it on a stream and just didn't put the two together.
I also didn't know if some AP employees were expected as part of their job to be active on community forums or if the people listed as AP or JJP employees were just people that like to interact with the community, but weren't doing so in an official capacity.
I apologize again for my ignorance

#872 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

No need to apologize. You had a good question.

Quoted from majicman110:

I also didn't know if some AP employees were expected as part of their job to be active on community forums or if the people listed as AP or JJP employees were just people that like to interact with the community, but weren't doing so in an official capacity.

I don't know of anyone from these companies that posts in an official capacity, or directed by their employer to do so. Many have been active on pinball forums since before their direct involvement with a manufacturer. And occasionally the manufacturer would probably prefer we didn't post. Many of us are just trying to help make pinball a little bit better for everybody.

I've been helping on line since 1996 on Rec Games Pinball newsgroup.

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No need to apologize. You had a good question.

I don't know of anyone from these companies that posts in an official capacity, or directed by their employer to do so. Many have been active on pinball forums since before their direct involvement with a manufacturer. And occasionally the manufacturer would probably prefer we didn't post. Many of us are just trying to help make pinball a little bit better for everybody.
I've been helping on line since 1996 on Rec Games Pinball newsgroup.

Another example: I just bought the mod couple LTG gorilla mod for my Hot Wheels. At first I didn't know why you had a Hot Wheels mod when your profile says JJP.

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And occasionally the manufacturer would probably prefer we didn't post.

People can take the smallest thing and turn it into a huge mess and a pain for a company.

Early days of usenet and the first newsgroups. Lots of employees from various companies hung out on them.

Back when Williams/Midway NBA Jam came out. Players were claiming they were running into Mortal Kombat guys and Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. Williams denied it. Claimed it wasn't happening. Meanwhile their software guys were on a newsgroup letting players know how to get them.

OOPS !

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Another example: I just bought the mod couple LTG gorilla mod for my Hot Wheels. At first I didn't know why you had a Hot Wheels mod when your profile says JJP.

The Mod Couple make great pinball mods. Their Hot Wheels collection is probably their best collection of mods to date for any pinball machine.

Dave is a great guy. And probably wanted to strike a little retribution for all the Mod Couple Houdini Monkey videos I've got going. Check out my Youtube channel.

So when I brought out the fact that Hot Wheels was lacking a monkey that first appeared in Houdini and returned in Oktoberfest, I was concerned for American Pinball's well being. Remembering when Williams left the cows out of P2K SW1 and that became their last pinball machine. I want Amercian Pinball to have a great future. I wish the same for every manufacturer. Makes for a strong industry. So Dave countered with a big monkey ( gorilla ) and made my LTG : ) legendary by sticking it on a monkeys butt.

I'm still not sure if it's to honor me, or it's where where I belong.

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Thanks Lloyd. I am easily confused. Saw ferret worked at American Pinball and that he posts high scores as JOE, so i didn't know if he was Balcer or someone else. I have heard Joe Balcer do interviews on podcasts and I just trying to reconcile some of the industry people whose names I know, with pinside posters.
I don't want to think that ferret is Balcer if he isn't and I don't want to ask rosh a question on pinside if I have already heard him answer it on a stream and just didn't put the two together.

Most of those active on pinside from American pinball probably had their pinside names first. I know Joe Schober, who does rules and programming, has been using Ferret for a long time and my nickname Rosh, goes back over 40 years. Oh, my real name is Josh Kugler, and I also do rules and programming as well as few other things.

as LTG mentioned vegas9 is Michael Grant who is sales and marketing and brenna98 is Dave Brennan, our technical service manager.

You won't find Joe Balcer on pinside too often.

We are active here since we all love pinball, we love to talk about our games, to educate, to answer questions and to help owners of our games any way we can.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

At first I didn't know why you had a Hot Wheels mod when your profile says JJP.

Just so there is no confusion. I do tech support for Planetary Pinball Supply, Jersey Jack Pinball, and Chicago Gaming Company ( remakes ).

I don't do tech support for American Pinball. I try to help out here where I can. Limited because I don't have access to any of their games to learn them. Great people at American Pinball. I know many of them and consider them friends. No shows right now. But if I'm at a show they are at, I usually beat them in, in the morning, and clean the glasses on their games.

#878 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just so there is no confusion. I do tech support for Planetary Pinball Supply, Jersey Jack Pinball, and Chicago Gaming Company ( remakes ).
I don't do tech support for American Pinball. I try to help out here where I can. Limited because I don't have access to any of their games to learn them. Great people at American Pinball. I know many of them and consider them friends. No shows right now. But if I'm at a show they are at, I usually beat them in, in the morning, and clean the glasses on their games.

And to help remove any confusion that remains the "TG" in "LTG" transcends all manufacturers, individual games, etc. What a great asset to our hobby!!

#879 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm still not sure if it's to honor me, or it's where where I belong.

Mr LTG first off thank you for the kind words we are Always in honor to call you a friend! As for the monkey ass stamp, as noted in our thread this is truly a well deserved Tribute to you not as an “ass” but an invaluable “Asset” to all that is pinball and your tireless effort to always be there to help Anyone! With any title, manufacturer, or even attitude you are Always willing to help anyone find the confidence and support to fully enjoy this amazing hobby. You are Priceless and a truly wonderful person I hope Everyone can someday meet. Maybe at your 50th anniversary at SS Billiards/arcade which in itself is a testament to your commitment to this crazy hobby!

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I hope Everyone can someday meet. Maybe at your 50th anniversary at SS Billiards

Thanks to Dave aka The Mod Couple. I'm ready !

71133165_10217571660715741_2087488482497789952_n (resized).jpg71133165_10217571660715741_2087488482497789952_n (resized).jpg
#881 3 years ago

cracked a billion messing with boost/multiball on steam tonight, all while not wearing my glasses and wearing a racing helmet lol. It was the blurriest, best game so far. Love this pin.

-(Fliptronic)

#882 3 years ago

Although Lloyd (@LTG) does not work for American Pinball, it'd be easy to think that he does, given how quickly he jumps in to lend a hand when people have questions. He is truly one of the nicest, classiest, most helpful guys you will meet anywhere... a "restore your faith in humanity" kind of person. Three cheers for Lloyd!

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

is the pinwiki rulesheet from 6/17 the most recent?

PinWiki or Tiltforums? There's the start of a rulesheet with that date on Tiltforums, but no one has fleshed it out yet beyond the playfield description.

#884 3 years ago

This guy needs this pin!

515728AF-8015-41F8-82F0-A4184338F960 (resized).jpeg515728AF-8015-41F8-82F0-A4184338F960 (resized).jpeg
#885 3 years ago

This Week In Pinball is covering Hot Wheels today with their First Takes piece - Feel free to provide your thoughts at:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/first-takes-hot-wheels-pinball-by-american-pinball/?fbclid=IwAR3TormIFkzMS2LWeQ4X6LdTtxjhYrY-PMXeD-7npfmJgIizYsCLtle2e7M

#886 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

PinWiki or Tiltforums? There's the start of a rulesheet with that date on Tiltforums, but no one has fleshed it out yet beyond the playfield description.

tiltforums. i saw "wiki rulesheet" and got confused. yeah, it was just a basic description of all the shots, their names and locations. no gameplay rules. was hoping to find a good description of the strategy. i'm still a bit confused by the skill shot. when i hit the 3, the RPM on the screen seems to arbitrarily go up to a number 3 or higher. what changes it's value?

#887 3 years ago

Set my game up late last night, and was only able to put a handful of plays on it with the kids. Shoots well. I love all the looping shots and the flow is excellent. The kickback is so fast, I didn't even realize it at first. The orange ramp is super fast and feels like a banking car track. The modes with the shaker and animations are just awesome. Such an easy game to walk up to and play. Immediately, my whole family was hitting shots and starting things. My daughter kept wanting to play another game. We laughed and played until midnight. Thank you American Pinball for that moment. I love pinball, but moments with my kids and I laughing together are priceless!

#888 3 years ago

So far I'm finding this a great change of pace from the usual suspects in my lineup. Everything about it is so fun and approachable. Well done so far guys! Looking forward to following along with all the updates.

#889 3 years ago

well, if we are posting photos of things with LTG on it, I can play that game too . . .

IMG_4994 (resized).JPGIMG_4994 (resized).JPG

In all seriousness, LTG is one of the those people that make pinball great. And it is always a highlight getting to talk with Lloyd and shows (and I always appreciate when he cleans our glass). We very much appreciate his participation in this and other American Pinball machine threads.

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i'm still a bit confused by the skill shot. when i hit the 3, the RPM on the screen seems to arbitrarily go up to a number 3 or higher. what changes it's value?

If you plunge the ball into what I’ve called “the 1 zone” — above the 1 but below the 2 switch — you get +1 on your Tach level. Plunge above the 2 switch but below the 3, you get +2 Tach level. Above the 3 switch but keep it in the skill lane, you get +3 Tach level. The baseline/minimum Tach level is 1, so doing these skill shots at the start of the game result in a Tach of 2, 3, and 4, respectively.

If it’s not the first ball of the game, the Tach might be higher than 1 at the start of ball... we deduct 3 from whatever your Tach level was when you drain. So for example: let’s say you drained ball 1 with the Tach needle between 6 and 7, call it 6.5. At the start of your next ball, the Tach will be at 3.5, so those same skill shots would now result in a Tach level of 4.5, 5.5, and 6.5, respectively.

Make sense?

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

well, if we are posting photos of things with LTG on it, I can play that game too . . .

Wow. rosh for the win. Not only a rare collectible. Next to last of about 14 years of my Expo mugs. Not likely any more in the future. And that year was the only year with a swear word on the other side.

Hang onto it. Treasure it. Or Ebay it. Great times !

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If you plunge the ball into what I’ve called “the 1 zone” — above the 1 but below the 2 switch — you get +1 on your Tach level. Plunge above the 2 switch but below the 3, you get +2 Tach level. Above the 3 switch but keep it in the skill lane, you get +3 Tach level. The baseline/minimum Tach level is 1, so doing these skill shots at the start of the game result in a Tach of 2, 3, and 4, respectively.
If it’s not the first ball of the game, the Tach might be higher than 1 at the start of ball... we deduct 3 from whatever your Tach level was when you drain. So for example: let’s say you drained ball 1 with the Tach needle between 6 and 7, call it 6.5. At the start of your next ball, the Tach will be at 3.5, so those same skill shots would now result in a Tach level of 4.5, 5.5, and 6.5, respectively.
Make sense?

yes, thanks. that part i understood. i just thought i remembered someone saying something about a rev'ing tach on the screen that you tried to time the plunge with to increase the points and tach progress awarded. maybe i'm wrong.

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

yes, thanks. that part i understood. i just thought i remembered someone saying something about a rev'ing tach on the screen that you tried to time the plunge with to increase the points and tach progress awarded. maybe i'm wrong.

In addition to what Ferret described, you can use the left flipper button to rev the tach and that will act as a multiplier on the skill shot points that are awarded. You want to rev the tach, but not redline it, and release the plunger at the highest point, basically the moment it turns red, but if you are slow, you redline, and get no multiplier. The skill shot screen will then show the multiplier and on the next code release the 'pie slice' will remain flashing so you know where it was when you released the plunger.

#894 3 years ago

And we know that double use of the Tach can be slightly confusing, which is why the flipper thing is a “secret” feature.

#895 3 years ago

Oh, and the secret flipper rev part of the skill shot is only indicated on the Tach lights on the playfield, not on screen. The overall experience is quite different from normal skill shots, challenging and fun.

#896 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

In addition to what Ferret described, you can use the left flipper button to rev the tach and that will act as a multiplier on the skill shot points that are awarded. You want to rev the tach, but not redline it, and release the plunger at the highest point, basically the moment it turns red, but if you are slow, you redline, and get no multiplier. The skill shot screen will then show the multiplier and on the next code release the 'pie slice' will remain flashing so you know where it was when you released the plunger.

ahhhhh. ok. this game keeps getting better and better.

so i just tried it and tach rev'd to 7 (i believe, hard to see it. but i understand will be easier in future code) and then i hit the 3 switch. but didn't see a multiplier on the screen. did i just miss it? is 7 too low to benefit me?

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I would at this time like to point out my current inability to rev the tach AND plunge the ball at the correct level. Of note, I also fall down when chewing gum.

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

so i just tried it and tach rev'd to 7 (i believe, hard to see it. but i understand will be easier in future code) and then i hit the 3 switch. but didn't see a multiplier on the screen

Probably a touch too low on the rev. If multiplied, the skill value will show on screen as (for example) “400,000 x 4” and then update a couple seconds later to “1,600,000” for those who hate math.

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I would at this time like to point out my current inability to rev the tach AND plunge the ball at the correct level. Of note, I also fall down when chewing gum.

Lol ok that's dam funny thanks. Don't provoke Ferret or he will change the throttle to the Right flipper button to completely test your dexterity! lol

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don't provoke Ferret

Words of wisdom.

Disclaimer : I was Ferret on a different forum many years ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,255 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 86.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.