Hot Wheels Cover (resized).jpg
975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 85.
#751 3 years ago

We ordered and paid in full three weeks ago and are also patiently waiting for ours to arrive. Can't wait to showcase it in one of the biggest arcades in Canada!!!!

Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

@ vitty, just curious the machine #? My buddy is patently waiting for his #68.

#752 3 years ago

It really is a blast. It's much more readily accessible and casual-friendly than the previous two API games, but has enough depth to challenge hardcores. It flows and flows fast. And while it helps to know the rules, this is a game anyone can walk up to, make a shot or two and make something happen.

The skill shot, "revving" with the left flipper and then touch-plunging, then completing it with the left orbit shot may be one of the better skillshots ever. It's also an example of how well the theme is integrated.

#753 3 years ago

RockfordReplay

That's a big collection of Hot Wheels ID cars! I collect HWs but haven't picked up any ID cars just yet. Those are cool because they are all unique and can be scanned and can be interactive with the Hot Wheels app...another area I have not entered. I am probably closing in on 75 Hot Wheels cars or so....

#754 3 years ago

Last call to enter the Hot Wheels Project Pinball Raffle! As of this posting it is 97% sold out.

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/hot-wheels-pinballmachineraffle?fbclid=IwAR2NpO2agUS86FvRN9r9TR5-yBerGzeRtZTRDwmGaX-gNfjIsr2hNSCMvCs

Project Pinball (resized).jpgProject Pinball (resized).jpg
#755 3 years ago

Only 7 left.

LTG : )

#756 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

RockfordReplay
That's a big collection of Hot Wheels ID cars! I collect HWs but haven't picked up any ID cars just yet. Those are cool because they are all unique and can be scanned and can be interactive with the Hot Wheels app...another area I have not entered. I am probably closing in on 75 Hot Wheels cars or so....

It's goofy that the ID packaging doesn't allow for display without breaking the seal. I suppose they are strictly to be opened and used. Perfect for a display.

The Hot Wheels app plays on digital/virtual combined with real-life physical track tasks. It required the HW ID track and ID reader. The costs really start to add up, but I'm thankful for what has been created. They are using today's tech to boost the HW experience and they do it pretty well.

EDIT: I need to add that some HWid vehicles are available on hook cards too (image attached).

HWhookedID.jpgHWhookedID.jpg
#757 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only 7 left.

Only 1 left.

#758 3 years ago

Sold out.

For a great cause. And some lucky person gets a brand new Hot Wheels pinball machine. Big thank you to all involved !

#759 3 years ago
IMG_2503m (resized).jpgIMG_2503m (resized).jpgIMG_2505m (resized).jpgIMG_2505m (resized).jpgIMG_2508m (resized).jpgIMG_2508m (resized).jpg
#760 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

Speaking of streams, is anyone twitch streaming gameplay tonight? I keep checking an none of the people I follow seem to have the game. I’m eager to see more gameplay.

I am Fliptronic on twitch, we will be streaming ours a lot whenever it ships to our distributor, though AP told us it's still a couple weeks out. We are super chomping at the bit to get ours, even started picking up some hot wheels track sets we can setup in the background!

#761 3 years ago

First person to finish in under a minute should win something

F9FC3424-2F25-4B4F-BF27-2EF3ECA6A963 (resized).jpegF9FC3424-2F25-4B4F-BF27-2EF3ECA6A963 (resized).jpeg
#762 3 years ago

Holy Crap ! That's incredible.

If I just finish the race sometime I'll be happy. I bet if I do it in under 4 minutes or so I'll think I'm Hot Stuff.

There should be a disclaimer with that record time. "your results may vary and this may not be typical for most users "

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

The people in the area of Middleburg Heights are fortunate to have access to that collection. A jaw dropping selection of photos.

Most appreciated. We take care of the players here.

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Holy Crap ! That's incredible.
If I just finish the race sometime I'll be happy. I bet if I do it in under 4 minutes or so I'll think I'm Hot Stuff.
There should be a disclaimer with that record time. "your results may vary and this may not be typical for most users "

Pro vs amateur. But I wouldn’t be surprised if his young kids couldn’t beat you and me.

#765 3 years ago

indeed...

i'm good, but not as Josh
and than, everyone with his own level & having fun, that's the most important in pinball

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

@ vitty, just curious the machine #? My buddy is patently waiting for his #68.

I actually have no idea what number I am! It should be here in a couple hours though so I will report back.

#767 3 years ago

Received mine!! I’m assuming based on serial number that mine is 47. Can’t wait for my meetings to cease for the day to unbox and set up.

60A0D63C-3414-4395-ABD9-4357FCE8C970 (resized).jpeg60A0D63C-3414-4395-ABD9-4357FCE8C970 (resized).jpeg
#768 3 years ago

I got mine today as well...unboxing tonight. I've been away from Pinside since it just depresses me during quarantine...anything I should know before I set this one up? I will read through the forum, just looking for anything new or relevant to setting it up.

#769 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I got mine today as well...unboxing tonight. I've been away from Pinside since it just depresses me during quarantine...anything I should know before I set this one up? I will read through the forum, just looking for anything new or relevant to setting it up.

Set it for "FREE PLAY"

#770 3 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

Here's a quick six minutes or so on the #1 prototype table at American's facility.
I don't play very well with a regular tripod and camera in front of me, my arms straddling it to the flippers. I better invest in some proper pinball podcast stuff

Is this the pin that is getting raffled off? Thanks for posting!

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Is this one going on location too? I gotta get over there!

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

anything I should know before I set this one up?

If updating code, please pay attention to the comment in the release notes about possibly having to move a cable from one connector to another. There’s a Service Bulletin on the API site with the details. If you need to do it, it’s super fast and easy.

Hope all of you that are receiving your machines love the game!

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If updating code, please pay attention to the comment in the release notes about possibly having to move a cable from one connector to another. There’s a Service Bulletin on the API site with the details. If you need to do it, it’s super fast and easy.

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-7/Hotwheels-GI-EPIC-3-Wire-update.pdf

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yeah, as soon as this Covid thing is cleared up.

#775 3 years ago

As a note, my #47 came with the latest 7.20.1 code in it as well as this update applied from the factory.

D25A6598-9D71-44F2-A207-6716F113905B (resized).jpegD25A6598-9D71-44F2-A207-6716F113905B (resized).jpeg
#776 3 years ago

I got a fresh coat of wax on the playfield, booted it up and did some switch tests, and played one quick game so I've not put much time on it. From the factory I'm not noticing anything warranting immediate attention which is awesome! Tomorrow's task is making room to add it to the lineup. I've really only got space for 5 in my garage man cave given storage of normal garage/shop items in there, but here I am with game 6 and squeezing it in lol Will report back once I've spent some time on it.

Is playfield pitch really recommended to be 6 degrees per the setup card in the game or are people finding it better steeper?

#777 3 years ago

I'd suggest starting it off as the designer intended. Play it for awhile, and then if you're unhappy with the speed, you can always change it later.

Enjoy!

#778 3 years ago

I got mine setup and put about 30 games on it with a few social distancing friends . Initial impressions are very positive, but I am having quite a few issues. I will post all of them tomorrow to get everyone’s take.

This game has a ton of potential and is very polished. I am excited to get it tuned up and ready to rock.

#779 3 years ago

Glad you're enjoying the game so far! Please do let us know the issues you're seeing, we'll work hard to get them resolved for you.

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I got mine setup and put about 30 games on it with a few social distancing friends . Initial impressions are very positive, but I am having quite a few issues. I will post all of them tomorrow to get everyone’s take.
This game has a ton of potential and is very polished. I am excited to get it tuned up and ready to rock.

Might suggest just sending any issues to API for help. Just because they communicate on the forum I’m pretty sure this isn’t their help desk lol. Help them to help you.

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

For any issues, could you please open a Service Request ticket at the following link? https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

We will be happy to help with any issues with the game. I am glad that you're enjoying the game so far.

Thanks!

Michael

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hope all of you that are receiving your machines love the game!

Quoted from Vitty:

As a note, my #47 came with the latest 7.20.1 code in it as well as this update applied from the factory.

I would expect anyone now getting a machine will find it has the wiring change and the latest 20.7.1 code.

#783 3 years ago

Wiring change was done early I'm guessing. I have game #30 and the wiring change was already done. Updating code was easy. Mine was shipped just before the code update. It's nice to hear games rolling out with wiring change completed and new code. New owners should be able to just unbox, set up and enjoy.

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

A NIB copy, but otherwise yes.

#785 3 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

A NIB copy, but otherwise yes.

Is it my imagination, or do the flippers seem a little weak in that video?

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is it my imagination, or do the flippers seem a little weak in that video?

Maybe? I've bricked track shots hard enough on that same table in games I didn't record that airballed straight into the right outlane. It's more that on some of those shots I don't shoot them flush, and honestly it's not bad to ease the ball up to the RPM targets for a "kiss" rather than a hard shot that creates a drain hazard. Kinda in the way that shooting the trolls in MM full speed is dangerous.

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Might suggest just sending any issues to API for help. Just because they communicate on the forum I’m pretty sure this isn’t their help desk lol. Help them to help you.

Yes of course. To me, the value of the forum is to discuss things about the machine so that other owners can comment. That way I don't have to "bother" the vendor until I am confident that I am seeing something broken.

For example one of the things that I had on my list was simply around the ball's ability to get back into the shooter lane. When it happens in single ball play, there is no indication that it happened. You simply get to shoot it again. As I've learned from AP, that's not a bug or anything. That is simply by design. But had I have posted that here I never would have bothered to send that to AP.

That said, to keep everyone updated, AP contacted me on the side and as is their typical awesome service they are helping me with everything. I'll post back as soon as I have a list of things that are more like owner questions/comments.

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yes of course. To me, the value of the forum is to discuss things about the machine so that other owners can comment. That way I don't have to "bother" the vendor until I am confident that I am seeing something broken.
For example one of the things that I had on my list was simply around the ball's ability to get back into the shooter lane. When it happens in single ball play, there is no indication that it happened. You simply get to shoot it again. As I've learned from AP, that's not a bug or anything. That is simply by design. But had I have posted that here I never would have bothered to send that to AP.
That said, to keep everyone updated, AP contacted me on the side and as is their typical awesome service they are helping me with everything. I'll post back as soon as I have a list of things that are more like owner questions/comments.

First, I am really enjoying this game, got to third gear and really started to rack up some points and finished a race in just over 3 minutes; yet there a couple of things that I think could be addressed to improve play field specific things.

We should compare notes just to see if we have the same concerns. My list only has like 4 things on it; the biggest one is reducing air balls. I’ve upped the angle from 6.0 degrees to 6.5 and that seemed to help, also reduced the flipper power by one notch (tried reducing it to 20 but there was not enough power to make a ramp). Both of these helped some. I checked the targets by eye and they look like they are angled slightly less than 90 degrees like they should be. Still, need to reduce the air balls. Thinking of trying near 7.0 degrees and see if that helps. Other than that I’m going to need some help on what else to try. The beautiful play field is really starting to get dimples.

#789 3 years ago

What’s a good score on this? I played my 2nd game ever tonight and put this score up. Definitely have not put near enough time in to figure out what’s going on yet lol.

58B5140E-2363-4DFB-BFB6-6D60BC8398C5 (resized).jpeg58B5140E-2363-4DFB-BFB6-6D60BC8398C5 (resized).jpeg
#790 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

First, I am really enjoying this game, got to third gear and really started to rack up some points and finished a race in just over 3 minutes; yet there a couple of things that I think could be addressed to improve play field specific things.
We should compare notes just to see if we have the same concerns. My list only has like 4 things on it; the biggest one is reducing air balls. I’ve upped the angle from 6.0 degrees to 6.5 and that seemed to help, also reduced the flipper power by one notch (tried reducing it to 20 but there was not enough power to make a ramp). Both of these helped some. I checked the targets by eye and they look like they are angled slightly less than 90 degrees like they should be. Still, need to reduce the air balls. Thinking of trying near 7.0 degrees and see if that helps. Other than that I’m going to need some help on what else to try. The beautiful play field is really starting to get dimples.

Yeah, I'm up for it...give me just a little bit to work with AP and get it dialed in then I'll lay a lot out here. I'm in the same camp...the game is really good. Minor tweaks and it's going to be great. It is especially going to be great for tournaments. I can tell my players (if we ever have those again) are going to love this!

The air balls haven't been too bad on mine. That said, I had one shot that hit one of the car stand-up targets and rejected all the way back into the shooter lane! It didn't even touch the glass. It was amazing! I was like OMG the power!

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

What’s a good score on this?

I'd say 758,960,300 is a good score. A darn good score.

And you had fun doing it !

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

For those interested, a few issues were due to the, fancy chrome balls he was using, which will magnetize surprisingly fast. We have seen this with two customers with just a few dozen plays.

#793 3 years ago

I used the stock balls that come with the game. No issues. Also I inspected them after wiping them down before dropping them in the game and the quality of the balls provided looked fine to me. I am at over 100 plays and no issues with magnetizing.

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

For those interested, a few issues were due to the, fancy chrome balls he was using, which will magnetize surprisingly fast. We have seen this with two customers with just a few dozen plays.

Yep, had that problem too, no Ninja’s in this game. Put the supplied balls in and zero ball trough issues.

#795 3 years ago

Just got word this morning that ours is arriving tomorrow! We will be streaming it most of the afternoon on sunday on our twitch channel, Fliptronic. Taking next week off work to play this non stop!

#796 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I used the stock balls that come with the game. No issues. Also I inspected them after wiping them down before dropping them in the game and the quality of the balls provided looked fine to me. I am at over 100 plays and no issues with magnetizing.

That is good practice- please keep that up: wiping your balls & inspecting them before you put them away!

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Just got word this morning that ours is arriving tomorrow! We will be streaming it most of the afternoon on sunday on our twitch channel, Fliptronic. Taking next week off work to play this non stop!

I will stop by and answer any questions. I play Hot Wheels every day and I am totally hooked.

"You're going to love it. I guarantee it."

-Michael

#798 3 years ago

From American Pinball's Facebook page :

You are cordially invited to a delightful evening of #HotWheels Pinball livestreaming TONIGHT 8PM Central hosted by Turbografx7
with a special guest from American Pinball to answer questions in chat!
Come hang out!
Www.Twitch.tv/Turbografx7

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd say 758,960,300 is a good score. A darn good score.
And you had fun doing it !

There we go. A worthy goal for me when I go back for another session. 750Kish.

447,843,310 is my personal high so far. The one time I got a big RPM boosted score in a battle mode where I hit all the shots to win/score big. Having played no live pinball since March other than these visits to the factory to play HW, I was proud enough to have pulled that off.

Having seen Michael get a little deeper into the game than I have, I can say that multiplied EOB bonuses can get significantly large once you've collected some Hero cars, along with all the regular cars/tracks/loops etc. to have been racked up by then. I could see a future game in league on this getting decided by a couple of our top flight players on who tilts.

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

I could see a future game in league on this getting decided by a couple of our top flight players on who tilts.

I hope so. The risk/reward of trying to save a ball is much more interesting when serious points are at stake in bonus. Plus we want to make that fun little "Advance Bonus X" target more worthwhile to shoot for. Bonus has actually been increased in value somewhat since the last code release, as part of ongoing score balancing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.