0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
Plunger Temporary Fix (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest (resized).jpg
Default Shooter Tip Rest 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6153 (resized).jpeg

There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 85.
#701 3 years ago

The brackets that mount the cars also have a hole in them, so if you want to screw the cars to the bracket, that is an option as well.

#702 3 years ago

Easy enough to change cars. Velcro, ties or screws all will work. Just double check your fastening. The velcro actually works fine if you press together well as Yelobird said. Some of the fun will be the ability to change the cars out and that was a smart idea in design by AP.

You could change them periodically or put your personal favorites in. Or here's an idea - a friend gets a high score - you put their car in the game.

I did some swaps - stashed the original cars in the coin box. Bone Crusher stayed on the rpm swinger. I switched up the other cars this morning. A few quick pics...

cars 1 (resized).JPGcars 1 (resized).JPGcars 2 (resized).JPGcars 2 (resized).JPGcars 3 (resized).JPGcars 3 (resized).JPG
#703 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Easy enough to change cars. Velcro, ties or screws all will work. Just double check your fastening. The velcro actually works fine if you press together well as Yelobird said. Some of the fun will be the ability to change the cars out and that was a smart idea in design by AP.
You could change them periodically or put your personal favorites in. Or here's an idea - a friend gets a high score - you put their car in the game.
I did some swaps - stashed the original cars in the coin box. Bone Crusher stayed on the rpm swinger. I switched up the other cars this morning. A few quick pics...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Odd question as we are on the change cars dialog. I was considering (a mod offing if there was interest) changing the "flying car" with a race type Hot Wheels plane with a race banner behind it. Crazy thought??

plane (resized).jpgplane (resized).jpg
#704 3 years ago

I installed some of the Stars & Stripes series to celebrate 4th of July.

Yelobird - I like the idea of a HW plane with a banner trailing behind it - very creative.

69DF2F32-F7E4-4F95-885E-65846FC86831 (resized).jpeg69DF2F32-F7E4-4F95-885E-65846FC86831 (resized).jpegAA93D9D3-7D01-43C9-B6BC-9BA90D1CC3CD (resized).jpegAA93D9D3-7D01-43C9-B6BC-9BA90D1CC3CD (resized).jpegCFA96A93-D20A-40A0-9D9C-3A52200E41C5 (resized).jpegCFA96A93-D20A-40A0-9D9C-3A52200E41C5 (resized).jpeg
#705 3 years ago

My Hot Wheels collection is multiplying. I’ve found myself acquiring two of the same cars so I can open one and keep another in the packaging.

The pinball is the ultimate display case!!

3B0143D2-E9DB-479C-B490-341802275F9B (resized).jpeg3B0143D2-E9DB-479C-B490-341802275F9B (resized).jpeg

#706 3 years ago

Ha Ha - So your a closet collector of Hot Wheels !

Do you also have a closet full of Beer Steins and another full of magic Tricks ?

#707 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Do you also have a closet full of Beer Steins and another full of magic Tricks ?

Please be true

#708 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Old news.

Does he have a closet full of houndstooth hats ?

LTG : )

#709 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Old news.

It’s elementary my dear LTG

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Ha Ha - So your a closet collector of Hot Wheels !

Beer Steins are back in Maine. Asked my old man to text me a photo...

IMG_20200705_172849852 (resized).jpgIMG_20200705_172849852 (resized).jpg
#711 3 years ago

I played my game a bunch since I got it and had some time over a long weekend. Over 80 plays. It has performed very well and this game is a Winner hands down. I know this is going to be one of my favorite games. Great Job AP !

I have had a handful of what I thought were very good games - at least for me, along with some medium ones and some short games - this to me says the rules, code and shots are balanced. I would say I am an average to good player. I am not a nudger or slapper and not one that try's to exploit rules for score. I just play and have fun and go with the flow. I may change my goals or try to change how I approach things from game to game for variety and exploration.

My best score thus far is 456,783,830. Skill shot Champ at 12,084,000. 30 Cars collected. Redline Champ at 91,000,000.

Stats from the machine :
83 games played
Ave. game time 03:39
Ave. ball time 1:13
Ave. Score 63,365,736

In have 4 scores that broke 200,000,000, but have had some real quick games too so the average might be - well, an average.

Hope this is good or at least some what useful feedback for you AP boys.

#712 3 years ago
IMG_03401 (resized).jpgIMG_03401 (resized).jpgIMG_03421_01 (resized).jpgIMG_03421_01 (resized).jpg
#713 3 years ago

Guessing those are all empty.

#714 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Guessing those are all empty.

Now.

#715 3 years ago

My dad and I are thinking about getting this pin ..... He has been collecting Hot Wheels for over 30 years.
He has only the best of the best .... I honestly cant even wrap my mind around his collection.
I would love to do a game room in a hot wheel theme in the future.

#716 3 years ago

Yeah, a plane for flying around sounds right; planning to populate the field with the 2019 Team Cars and Plane. A trailing-banner would be great. I have a mirrored display for behind the header too. There's only one thing missing... hmm... ohh! The Machine! Hope everyone enjoyed a great holiday, now back to work. I could drive in on the weekends if you need another hand.

HW19team.jpgHW19team.jpgHWdisplayCase.jpgHWdisplayCase.jpg
#717 3 years ago

I'm quietly going to sneak this machine in sometime this year (hmm that is strange honey, not sure how that got there). For now I'm loving following the conversation here in the forum.

I love the idea of being able to trade out the cars. For a time I was playing the boardgame Gaslands, think the 80's game Car Wars but you use Hot Wheels. There is some good out there to be had on modifying cars including tapping the base of cars for screw placement.

If you really want a internet wormhole to go down check out the world of refurbishing old redlines.

#718 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I played my game a bunch since I got it and had some time over a long weekend. Over 80 plays. It has performed very well and this game is a Winner hands down. I know this is going to be one of my favorite games. Great Job AP !
I have had a handful of what I thought were very good games - at least for me, along with some medium ones and some short games - this to me says the rules, code and shots are balanced. I would say I am an average to good player. I am not a nudger or slapper and not one that try's to exploit rules for score. I just play and have fun and go with the flow. I may change my goals or try to change how I approach things from game to game for variety and exploration.
My best score thus far is 456,783,830. Skill shot Champ at 12,084,000. 30 Cars collected. Redline Champ at 91,000,000.
Stats from the machine :
83 games played
Ave. game time 03:39
Ave. ball time 1:13
Ave. Score 63,365,736
In have 4 scores that broke 200,000,000, but have had some real quick games too so the average might be - well, an average.
Hope this is good or at least some what useful feedback for you AP boys.

Great stats.

I will get my hot wheels ready to replace yours when I get high score on your machine.

#719 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Great stats.
I will get my hot wheels ready to replace yours when I get high score on your machine.

That’s a great idea. Building on it I give you the Hot Wheels Challenge! Carry your favorite car with you when you travel to play a HW pin in a private collection or even in public. Challenge the Owner (or local Operator) and win, and your car replaces your choice of cars already in game and you keep theirs. Over time, as others win challenges and replace cars. The game reflects an organic collection of cars. The neat thing about HWC! is you don’t have to make the high score leaderboard to swap a car. Win a challenge and represent. Or steal their prized car as a reward for kicking their ass.

Idea - AP to design a game start menu when you hold the left flipper button in attract mode. Remember holding the right button in attract mode is reserved for the jukebox feature of cars (see above). Your choices after entering your dollars and before hitting start -> Head to Head! or HWC!. Either allows for 1-4 players. A menu setting would define a HWC! on that machine as 1, 3 or 5 game race series, and of course there is a HWC! leaderboard. In the fantastic event you challenged the Owner to a Car Swap HWC!, also known as Car Swap Challenge or CSC! and win it, well you get to trade cars. There is a CSC! leaderboard.

Idea - add another option to start menu for Race Challenge! So far menu to say 1) Head to Head! and 2) Hot Wheels Challenge! and 3) Car Swap Challenge! and now 4) Race Challenge! In Race Challenge! 1-4 players are competing for the fastest time and score means nothing.

These breakout challenges are all part of playing the game, but could be singled out and played as a mini-game. One distinction and advantage to choosing HWC! or CSC! is you can now play a 1, 3 or 5 player game series / mini tournament. Head to Head! is the regular game and default. HWC! and CSC! are the regular game but you need to win 1 of 1, 2 of 3 or 3 of 5 complete games. Race Challenge is the regular game but time is the only thing that matters. Can tie to existing car racer leaderboard. These are fancy ways of slicing and dicing the game up into bite-sized game bits. You can never have too much excitement.

#720 3 years ago

The plane is a really good idea.
I was thinking of somehow putting in a circular track made of actual hotwheels track. The car would just hover over it.

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe you mean 'deerstalker hats', did find this photo interesting, do you see what I see . . .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/livecatch-pinball-streaming-josh-kugler-interview#post-5731135

#722 3 years ago

idea - if you have a pinball machine themed about cars and racing, and one of the modes you promote is a speed run taking your car from 12th to 1st place and the game records the time you took to get there, then you need ..... a big freakin stopwatch on the main screen under the tachometer. This will display the race clock so you always know where you are and you can adjust gameplay accordingly.

When I first started trying to get the fastest time, and after a lot of practice, I was able to regularly complete under 10 min. I learned the shots and traps better and was regularly recording sub 5 min times. Then it happened, I did a 3 min race and was hooked. Now had a real challenge ahead of me to beat 3 min and go much lower. I recorded a 2:39 and don’t think I will be able to best that. The clock starts with you lighting 12th place and you need 11 shots to capture the flag and start victory multiball. Given my time that averages 21 sec per shot. I stated playing with a purpose and counting down each shot in my head from 21 seconds. I discovered it is impossible to keep track of time and when I finish a race and before the time was shown, I’d guess the number. I could not tell accurately tell whether it took me 3 min or 5 min, hence the need for the stop watch with a digital readout on the main screen. Then you can see your race time as you play, rather than just at the end of race.

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I recorded a 2:39 and don’t think I will be able to best that.

949B51E7-9FB8-4232-9B62-662BE5D158DB (resized).jpeg949B51E7-9FB8-4232-9B62-662BE5D158DB (resized).jpeg
#724 3 years ago

Holy smokes ! - I haven't even completed a race yet.

I better re-acess my flippin abilities from average to good, to fair to average. Ha ha

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I better re-acess my flippin abilities from average to good, to fair to average. Ha ha

Take heart, your skills are still probably better than 99.99% of the US population.

#726 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Best laugh I've had in a while.

I'm sure if you focused on the race, you would get through it. You can't advance positions during multiball, so, if you typically focus on battles stacked with Track or Loop Crash multiball, it is then harder to get through the race.

#727 3 years ago

That's what nice about the game - you can focus on whatever you like. I did focus on the race a few times. I think I got to 4th when I concentrated on that. I'll get there - I'll be a Winner eventually.

Mostly I have been exploring everything at once and flippin at what the ball gives me quite a bit. I have been changing what I do during the course of a game doing different things to get the flavor of everything. I have been approaching it like a Pinball Sundae. There is just so much good stuff in there !

Yes - if you want to complete the race I think you have to make that the priority for sure.

I'd have a hard time hitting the switches by hand to do 1:19 !

#728 3 years ago

How is the sound system in the game? Oktoberfest has a ton of speakers, big woofer and amp. I assume they cut back somewhat on HW given the lower price point, but am curious about the quality of the sound and the music/call-outs. Hard to judge from the couple streams

#729 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

idea - if you have a pinball machine themed about cars and racing, and one of the modes you promote is a speed run taking your car from 12th to 1st place and the game records the time you took to get there, then you need ..... a big freakin stopwatch on the main screen under the tachometer. This will display the race clock so you always know where you are and you can adjust gameplay accordingly.
When I first started trying to get the fastest time, and after a lot of practice, I was able to regularly complete under 10 min. I learned the shots and traps better and was regularly recording sub 5 min times. Then it happened, I did a 3 min race and was hooked. Now had a real challenge ahead of me to beat 3 min and go much lower. I recorded a 2:39 and don’t think I will be able to best that. The clock starts with you lighting 12th place and you need 11 shots to capture the flag and start victory multiball. Given my time that averages 21 sec per shot. I stated playing with a purpose and counting down each shot in my head from 21 seconds. I discovered it is impossible to keep track of time and when I finish a race and before the time was shown, I’d guess the number. I could not tell accurately tell whether it took me 3 min or 5 min, hence the need for the stop watch with a digital readout on the main screen. Then you can see your race time as you play, rather than just at the end of race.

This is a good idea. Just wondering if you would want it counting up or counting from the current record down. It would be cool to see how much time you have left to beat the current record.

I’ll add this...a time trial game mode, separate from the main game, where the goal would be to race against the best time and this would feature a ghost car that would show the shots of the best time as they occurred in the time trial record by lighting the inserts, say red, showing the position of the ghost car. The rest of the inserts would show blue until you hit the shot at which point it would go dark. Basically you would be racing against the red insert as it moved from position to position.

In addition to racing against the record. You could race against the other 3 players. Each player would have a different insert color representing their progress. A fun game I’d say. Balls could be unlimited until you complete the race.

#730 3 years ago

Spots are still available for a chance to win Serial #1 Hot Wheels!

$70 per raffle ticket and limited to 200 entries. Plus, it helps a good cause.

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/hot-wheels-pinballmachineraffle

Project Pinball (resized).jpgProject Pinball (resized).jpg
#731 3 years ago

Would putting a matchbox car on this pin be sacrilege?

Seriously, I think this might be my first new pin but not sure. No one has one around me to play (as far as I know) so it would be a big gamble.

#732 3 years ago

Woohoo, just notified that mine shipped! Can't wait to play this

#733 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I'm sure many would consider it sacrilege, but hey, it's your game, do what makes you happy. I certainly know I've had and enjoyed both Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars. (And since both brands are owned by the same awesome licensor, Mattel, they probably wouldn't even mind too much... although I'd bet that there are some friendly rivalries between those brands within the company... )

Quoted from Scoot:

Seriously, I think this might be my first new pin but not sure. No one has one around me to play (as far as I know) so it would be a big gamble.

Thanks for considering Hot Wheels! We'd be honored if you choose our game for your first NIB pin.

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks for considering Hot Wheels! We'd be honored if you choose our game for your first NIB pin.

This is why American pinball will get my money and not Stern!

#735 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Technically Mattel owns both brands soooo...

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Woohoo, just notified that mine shipped! Can't wait to play this

I'm not at the factory often these days, as I am still working from home and only go in a for a couple of hours a couple of days a week, normally when there are issues they need help troubleshooting. But what can be a highlight is if I am there when games are being loaded up on trucks, knowing those games are going to someone who is chomping at the bit to rip open their new toy like it was Christmas morning. Sometimes I will recognize the name, as someone from this thread, which means it even better, knowing I will soon see their reaction to getting to play it.

#737 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I'm not at the factory often these days, as I am still working from home and only go in a for a couple of hours a couple of days a week, normally when there are issues they need help troubleshooting. But what can be a highlight is if I am there when games are being loaded up on trucks, knowing those games are going to someone who is chomping at the bit to rip open their new toy like it was Christmas morning. Sometimes I will recognize the name, as someone from this thread, which means it even better, knowing I will soon see their reaction to getting to play it.

I appreciate that you guys at AP got my game out quickly ! It is 1 week ago today, at just about this time that my game arrived. I have been enjoying playing it some each day and got a BUNCH of plays in over the 4th of July weekend. Yup - I was one of those guys chomping at the bit !

For those who are waiting, you will enjoy the heck out of your games when you get them and set them up. If you have to update your game code, it's quite easy. You will enjoy all the ways you can approach this game. It is very fast and flows well. The light shows are really nice and rules and play are well balanced. Game shoots really smooth. The animations are good and enjoyable. Don't be afraid to change out your hot wheel cars either. If you have favorites it's very easy to swap. Just give them a good squeeze down on their stands. The games a Winner - you WIN too when you get one.

#738 3 years ago

Add me to the super-hyped list of customers getting their game...TOMORROW! Just in time for the weekend. And just in time...got a 50-pack of cars today to look for the perfect cars to outfit the game (no Treasure Hunts though). Kids have been watching Hot Wheels City lately so the game will fit right in. This is my second NIB machine (JP2 is the other) and proud to buy a pin from a great new company, keep it going AP.

Also got some sweet mods from The Mod Couple today as well, they look great, can't wait to put them in.

Watched the LiveCatch Twitch stream featuring rosh the other day and must say it's really great that you take the time to talk about the game in such detail. I also admire your hanging-in-there with all the language translation

#739 3 years ago

Speaking of streams, is anyone twitch streaming gameplay tonight? I keep checking an none of the people I follow seem to have the game. I’m eager to see more gameplay.

#740 3 years ago

ok, its been something like 45 years i did not play with small cars... my son is 25, than its a bit less for him (lol)

but than, today back from work, i found just this bought by my wife
while i'm asking why, she said because i think it was 2 nice cars, and now our small cousin (3 years old) can play with them when he came to our house !!!

is this a sign ? once again, do you believe in destiny ? loooooooooooooooooooool

WP_20200710_17_36_44_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20200710_17_36_44_Pro (resized).jpg

#741 3 years ago

I would have been talking about Hot Wheels at Southern Fried Gaming this weekend, instead they are doing a virtual event. I did an interview with them that was recorded a week or two ago that will premiere 3:00PM tomorrow. Don't really remember what we talked about, but pretty sure there was plenty of Hot Wheels talk

Looks like they have a lot of nice content being released throughout the weekend . . .

http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com/virtual-sfge-schedule/

#742 3 years ago

oh, and the Northwest Pinball Summer Camp is also this weekend. Ferret and I did some trivia questions for the Ultimate Pinball Game Show which is Sunday night.

They also have some interesting content this weekend . . .

https://www.nwpinballcamp.com

#743 3 years ago

American Pinball in the house! Thanks to everyone who cranked this out before the weekend.

I'm very thankful to have one and stayin' up late to move it in. Sooo coool.

HWNIB.jpgHWNIB.jpg
#744 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Watched the LiveCatch Twitch stream featuring rosh the other day and must say it's really great that you take the time to talk about the game in such detail. I also admire your hanging-in-there with all the language translation

Glad you enjoyed it. Marlon was very prepared with his questions. I try not to forget when I am answering that it is going to be loosely translated, and the longer I talk the looser the translation will get. Occasionally I cut short what I am saying to not go too long, and don't quite get to fully answer, but overall I thought it worked.

#745 3 years ago

Had my Hot Wheels pinball for almost two weeks now. Awesome game. For all those Ohio pinball players, game is on location with 30 other pinballs at
Southland Lanes
6800 W 130th St
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130

Just wanted to give a shout out to American Pinball for another great pinball, and thank you to Joe Balcer for lightning fast support.
Also, a big thank you to Joe Newhart over at Pinball Star Amusements for getting my Hot Wheels here quickly.
Also, thank you Stephen Prusa for wiping out my grand champion score of 90 million with your 600 million. Anytime I have what I think is a decent game you give me a reality check.

20200702_225240 (resized).jpg20200702_225240 (resized).jpg20200709_170045 (resized).jpg20200709_170045 (resized).jpg54915 (resized).jpeg54915 (resized).jpeg54916 (resized).jpeg54916 (resized).jpeg54917 (resized).jpeg54917 (resized).jpeg
#746 3 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Had my Hot Wheels pinball for almost two weeks now. Awesome game. For all those Ohio pinball players, game is on location with 30 other pinballs at
Southland Lanes
6800 W 130th St
Middleburg Heights, OH 44130
Just wanted to give a shout out to American Pinball for another great pinball, and thank you to Joe Balcer for lightning fast support.
Also, a big thank you to Joe Newhart over at Pinball Star Amusements for getting my Hot Wheels here quickly.
Also, thank you Stephen Prusa for wiping out my grand champion score of 90 million with your 600 million. Anytime I have what I think is a decent game you give me a reality check.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The people in the area of Middleburg Heights are fortunate to have access to that collection. A jaw dropping selection of photos.

#747 3 years ago

The heavy work was completed last night then I fell apart and went to sleep. A connection check, cleaning and power-up was performed this morning. It's a pretty machine. It's off for the moment; we have storms rolling through today.

I hope to mount a car-display-header behind the AP Topper. Perhaps a base-plate utilizing the original mounting positions for the topper. A base plate would provide locations for auxiliary lighting too. Hmmm, planning stages.

HWcollection.jpgHWcollection.jpgHWdisplay.jpgHWdisplay.jpgHWrow.jpgHWrow.jpg
#748 3 years ago

Delivery set for tomorrow!

#749 3 years ago

@ vitty, just curious the machine #? My buddy is patently waiting for his #68.

#750 3 years ago

Here's a quick six minutes or so on the #1 prototype table at American's facility.

I don't play very well with a regular tripod and camera in front of me, my arms straddling it to the flippers. I better invest in some proper pinball podcast stuff

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
There are 4,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/15?hl=gtrefraction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.