975DE508-D1D7-4E56-B1C5-C9271505D190 (resized).jpeg
B4975FF9-1257-411B-BF8C-1005FD5EC366 (resized).jpeg
4A63312E-7244-4D55-BBEC-3CBDF37F0812 (resized).jpeg
8A225306-37CD-443E-A7D2-8D4CE9B2791E (resized).jpeg
0DFC7152-3983-444C-B3E5-9552E6EC4D12 (resized).jpeg
FB28564D-E51C-49A8-9566-230A9CDDB135 (resized).jpeg
4D276B4A-5EB9-4E00-9E21-25111CC39D13 (resized).jpeg
F2DB819B-F630-4BDF-B400-2421BAECA2DB (resized).jpeg
There are 4,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 85.
#451 3 years ago

Love Red Line mania.

Lighting looks awesome.

My main worry is are the shots too tight?

For now it's on my 'maybe' list.

Best AP game by far.

#452 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Enough depth for a home game?

I think so. Hot Wheels provides depth in lots of ways. The most obvious way is through the Tachometer... mastering the Tach, and Boost, is not easy. The instant you raise the Tach value, time is ticking... how do you best take advantage of it? Crank up the Track Builder jackpot? Start a multiball? Clean up on a Battle mode? The final "kill shot" of each Battle mode awards a Fuel Bonus based on how fast you won the Battle, times (of course) the Tach value... are you better off spending a few seconds raising the Tach value before making the final Battle shot, or should you cash in as quickly as possible? Should you stack a multiball or two with a Battle mode and/or some Epic features? In many games, stacking a multiball onto a mode is an obvious choice... but the Tach revs down faster during multiball, so if you don't play skillfully, this might be less lucrative. Of course, play it well, and points will be flying. Or you might be thinking that an obvious opening gambit is to just pound the Tach up to Redline, play Redline Mania, and shift up a gear for a permanent scoring increase... maybe. But the Tach revs down faster as you move up the gears... worth it?

Epic features are a fun and interesting element... They challenge you to make a choice of how many you can complete before you even get them started. The more you start at once, the more valuable they all are. (Think Medieval Madness: how many Madnesses do you light before starting Multiball Madness?) The difference here is that you have to make enough shots on everything you started in order to light the Epic Jackpot... it's quite the tease when you've stacked several Epics, accumulated a few hundred million on the Epic Jackpot, but can't collect it until you make, say, 6 more dangerous Car target shots. Should you have been less aggressive up front? Hard to say, but now you have to play out your decision.

And of course, as in most modern games, if you want to collect all the Hero Cars and reach Legend Multiball to "beat" the game, you have to play everything, can't just pound on any single shot or couple shots forever.

We think we've got a terrific balance of rules that are easy for anyone to understand, with scoring nuances that advanced players should really enjoy.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nope. Shots are generally medium-to-wide. The only really tight shot is the kicker shot, but that's rewarded appropriately since that's where you start Boost and collect some Super Jackpots. On the plus side, the kicker can be made both forehand and backhand, just like most of the shots.

Thanks for everyone's interest and great feedback on Hot Wheels!

#453 3 years ago

The more I see of this game, the more I like it! That is saying a lot since my reaction when it was originally announced was a big yawn and I had not much interest in the theme. However, the work that AP has done to create a truly route-friendly game after their first 2 releases (which IMO were anything BUT that) has to be commended! I am really looking forward to playing this game if anyone gets one on location in the Atlanta area, or perhaps at the Nashville show in November.

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol I kind of had the same huh moment. That screen pops up for a second till you plunge the ball. It could be a naked monkey and I wouldn’t notice it. Ok, maybe not a monkey...

Edit: asked and answered.

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Code Idea ——-
Ok I was thinking ... when you start a game, one of four stock cars is assigned to the player. Throughout game, the person’s car appears in a standard template, as I understand. Also, game play showcases hundreds of Hot Wheels too, right?
Now to tie things together -> How about randomly assigning one of the 400 cars as the player’s car? So each time the template comes up for player 1, that car is there in full color and with a car name displayed. I don’t know if I can tolerate sodtware where the same player car (1 of 4) is used each game. With a different car assigned each time, one may never be the same car twice.[quoted image]

I can see choosing a car at the beginning similiar to the steins in Oktoberfest. Kids would love that and keep it fresh. I like the idea of the car name since I don't know them and would like to learn them. It would sell more Hot Wheels that way too.

#456 3 years ago

Is there anywhere on screen when you see the number of cars collected? Seems like an important value to display.
On the stream Jack was looking for how many cars he collected and its displayed at the end of the ball.
There is room under the EPIC icon on the lower right ....

Looks like a really fun game. Great job guys!

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

——-
[quoted image]

#457 3 years ago

Not at all. I played Hot Wheels for an hour; only shot I had trouble with was the little kickback lane for super jackpot, which I believe is tight because it's so valuable. All of the main ramp/orbit shots are easy-ish to make & satisfying.

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sure! Would more call it “signage” then a topper but hey, it looks nice and was free. Always a good thing.
[quoted image]

And you don’t have to put it on to unlock a mode...

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I think so. Hot Wheels provides depth in lots of ways. The most obvious way is through the Tachometer... mastering the Tach, and Boost, is not easy. The instant you raise the Tach value, time is ticking... how do you best take advantage of it? Crank up the Track Builder jackpot? Start a multiball? Clean up on a Battle mode? The final "kill shot" of each Battle mode awards a Fuel Bonus based on how fast you won the Battle, times (of course) the Tach value... are you better off spending a few seconds raising the Tach value before making the final Battle shot, or should you cash in as quickly as possible? Should you stack a multiball or two with a Battle mode and/or some Epic features? In many games, stacking a multiball onto a mode is an obvious choice... but the Tach revs down faster during multiball, so if you don't play skillfully, this might be less lucrative. Of course, play it well, and points will be flying. Or you might be thinking that an obvious opening gambit is to just pound the Tach up to Redline, play Redline Mania, and shift up a gear for a permanent scoring increase... maybe. But the Tach revs down faster as you move up the gears... worth it?
Epic features are a fun and interesting element... They challenge you to make a choice of how many you can complete before you even get them started. The more you start at once, the more valuable they all are. (Think Medieval Madness: how many Madnesses do you light before starting Multiball Madness?) The difference here is that you have to make enough shots on everything you started in order to light the Epic Jackpot... it's quite the tease when you've stacked several Epics, accumulated a few hundred million on the Epic Jackpot, but can't collect it until you make, say, 6 more dangerous Car target shots. Should you have been less aggressive up front? Hard to say, but now you have to play out your decision.
And of course, as in most modern games, if you want to collect all the Hero Cars and reach Legend Multiball to "beat" the game, you have to play everything, can't just pound on any single shot or couple shots forever.
We think we've got a terrific balance of rules that are easy for anyone to understand, with scoring nuances that advanced players should really enjoy.

Nope. Shots are generally medium-to-wide. The only really tight shot is the kicker shot, but that's rewarded appropriately since that's where you start Boost and collect some Super Jackpots. On the plus side, the kicker can be made both forehand and backhand, just like most of the shots.
Thanks for everyone's interest and great feedback on Hot Wheels!

You guys really should be proud. This game does look really good; lots of breadth In the rules on a fast and tough Layout with a cool surrounding themed package is right up my alley. To me, this game does not look corny at all given the kids style theme, it’s got a cool element to it! There’s other new games out there with kid themes that look corny to me. All in all - No butts on my end, the only thing holding me back is $$$, do I wait and buy - or sell IMDN and buy.

3 Games on my radar right now:
JP2 = Looks to be One of the best games ever to be honest, but a Stale flavor left over from STH UV + DLC Topper + Playfield issues + Cost
TMNT = Looked really good at first, but Too corny for my liking.
Hot Wheels = Hot Damn!

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You know I have OCD! Had to get up and search every inch of that game to clear that curiosity. Nothing unless you count a gorilla. Close enough lol.

Not as good as the Fred Young one though.

Gotchya !

LTG : )

#461 3 years ago

OK! American Pinball wins! I’m in!!!

I previously bough Houdini and the build quality was amazing! AP sure knows how to build a pinball machine.

Great job guys. Well done!

#462 3 years ago

I bought a Houdini and enjoy it. From what I have seen so far on Hot Wheels it is a nice surprise and pretty tempting.

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

JP2 = Looks to be One of the best games ever to be honest, but a Stale flavor left over from STH UV + DLC Topper + Playfield issues + Cost
Hot Wheels = Hot Damn!

This is EXACTLY where I'm at. Decisions decisions

#464 3 years ago

Ordered on Monday, can’t wait to hear when I’ll get my game. This is the first time the whole family has been excited. It should have enough to keep even my youngest shooting and see something cool happen.

It looks like theyve built something really special with this title.

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You guys really should be proud. This game does look really good; lots of breadth In the rules on a fast and tough Layout with a cool surrounding themed package is right up my alley. To me, this game does not look corny at all given the kids style theme, it’s got a cool element to it! There’s other new games out there with kid themes that look corny to me. All in all - No butts on my end, the only thing holding me back is $$$, do I wait and buy - or sell IMDN and buy.
Hot Wheels = Hot Damn!

Of those 3, surprisingly for me it's Hot Wheels!

JP2 is a classic but the music plus call outs just don't do it for me.

TMNT looks a blast as well.

#466 3 years ago

Game is looking great. I can't wait to play one.

Thank you all for videos and reviews !

#467 3 years ago

TMNT looks a blast as well.

That Theme Song is Relentless.

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I bought a Houdini and enjoy it. From what I have seen so far on Hot Wheels it is a nice surprise and pretty tempting.

Ok - I'm in.

#469 3 years ago

Did you just convince yourself on a forum?

#470 3 years ago

I was leaning pretty heavily - sure - convinced myself. I really liked what I saw on the stream. The game looks good and sure looks like it will play well and be fun. AP quality is very nice too. Lot's of positives. Looking forward to it. Everybody knows what Hot Wheels is. It will be fun to play I'm sure.

#471 3 years ago

Kinda nice to see positive reactions and people excited about a game around here.

#472 3 years ago

I was going to pass originally(more cause I was just overflowing) and was drawn in by the stream and now I'm in on one, I think it looks great and have enjoyed all the previous games as well from AP.

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

now I'm in on one,

Wise decision. That game looks like a lot of fun.

#474 3 years ago

Hot Wheels - Challenge Accepted. May have one game outside of pinside sold and just listed four others. I've shifted to overdrive.

#475 3 years ago

Looking forward to playing one as well. No interest at all in owning a Hot Wheels themed pinball machine. If it was a more adult theme like Fast and the Furious i would purchasing one.

#476 3 years ago

I’m seriously thinking about getting one as my second pin

#477 3 years ago

I’m thinking of getting one as well. Might move my JP2 Prem to make room

#478 3 years ago

Loving how stoked people are about this pin, and warranted. It’s a dang fun pin.
Hoping we can get one soon to the studio to explore it even more!

Josh has some pretty smart rules on this game.

#479 3 years ago

If we did NIB at my place, of all the recent releases, this would be the one for us!

#480 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Kinda nice to see positive reactions and people excited about a game around here.

Thought I was on the wrong website for a minute

#481 3 years ago

I did manage one of the wizard modes when I played a few days prior to the stream, but don’t wanna give it ALL away on the broadcast.
Adding modes with a “speed run” feel, keeping track of completion time, add a lot replay-ability in my mind, as a different way to play.
“How fast can you complete the race” who can get more cars” etc.
For example I finished my race in 7 minutes but fricken Andy had to go and do it in 2 minutes.

#482 3 years ago

Game looks really fun. Love the light show and animations. Everything fits the toy car theme really well and rules look interesting. I wasn't sure about the theme at first but AP team killed it. Going to be real interesting to see what AP comes up with next.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I did manage one of the wizard modes when I played a few days prior to the stream, but don’t wanna give it ALL away on the broadcast.
Adding modes with a “speed run” feel, keeping track of completion time, add a lot replay-ability in my mind, as a different way to play.
For example I finished my race in 7 minutes but fricken Andy had to go and do it in 2 minutes.

Loved the videos thanks. Will say this game isn’t a simple walk in the park “easy” as I initially thought it would be. Granted I am a self defined crappy player but this game will keep you digging deeper to play better. Really some fast fun.

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Completion time seems like a nice new twist to hurry ups. Sort of like sit down racer arcades. A great idea.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

If it was a more adult theme like Fast and the Furious i would purchasing one.

Have you ever seen one of those movies.

#486 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Have you ever seen one of those movies.

It's a proven fact that bad movie = good pin

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

It's a proven fact that bad movie = good pin

I Shadow this^^

#488 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Loved the videos thanks. Will say this game isn’t a simple walk in the park “easy” as I initially thought it would be. Granted I am a self defined crappy player but this game will keep you digging deeper to play better. Really some fast fun.

Pfft There are no crappy players, just varying degrees of great players.

What’s awesome about something josh mentioned in the stream, is putting a multiball as “close to the start button” as possible, giving “green” players a chance to experience more of the game!

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

You did a great job showing us the Re-Start Feature, Jack!

#490 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You did a great job showing us the Re-Start Feature, Jack!

Hahaha jerk. I NEED restarts.

#491 3 years ago

I'm torn between TMNT and Hot wheels.... They both were my childhood so that makes it even more difficult on deciding which one to get

#492 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinlover88:

I'm torn between TMNT and Hot wheels.... They both were my childhood so that makes it even more difficult on deciding which one to get

Get that one that hasn't been done before.

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinlover88:

Easy, You need to steer this way!

#494 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinlover88:

I'm torn between TMNT and Hot Wheels.

Quoted from LTG:

Get the one that hasn't been done before.

So he should get it while it's Hot, then?

#495 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinlover88:

I'd get the one without the annoying Theme Song.

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get that one that hasn't been done before.

Good point LTG

#497 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Easy, You need to steer this way!

Quoted from littlecammi:

So he should get it while it's Hot, then?

Okay these two comments just made my day

#498 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I'd get the one without the annoying Theme Song.

The original theme song never bothered me but it seems like Stern is using the remade one like arcade1up did with their turtles machine (I could be wrong though)

#499 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinlover88:

Okay these two comments just made my day

Sounds like you’ve been challenged!

#500 3 years ago

Maybe a calab with USPS soon?

20200618_165152 (resized).jpg20200618_165152 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

There are 4,245 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted/page/10?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.