• Strikes and Spares 36 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 40 votes
    4%
  • Supersonic 32 votes
    3%
  • Grand Lizard 62 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 978 votes by 574 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 242 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

KIMG0170 (resized).JPG
KIMG0169 (resized).JPG
KIMG0171 (resized).JPG
KIMG0168 (resized).JPG
EF824F2E-20BF-4DEB-B079-AFB2AC3330EE (resized).jpeg
40AEADE7-6928-4B5C-968C-E7D217DC2B1E (resized).jpeg
IMG_1036 (resized).JPG
20200320_144525 (resized).jpg
20200320_144412 (resized).jpg
20200322_205821 (resized).jpg
20200322_205628 (resized).jpg
20200323_195637 (resized).jpg
20200320_204919 (resized).jpg
20200320_195810 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200318-224328_Google (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200318-224222_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1393 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.
#351 1 year ago

Next in the series is up!

#352 1 year ago

I'm documenting the installation of a hardtop on my Firepower here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-hardtop-restoration

#353 1 year ago

For playfield lenses the location was not 100% from one or many vendors doing playfield runs. During my Sorcerer restoration years I had 6 Sorcerer playfields being worked on at the same time. None were that exact. Look at any old playfield for key line black around the lenses. They were never 100% perfect to lense for alignment.

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No need for those crazy bright LEDs under the inserts, blasting the player in the face.

If I recall, I tried a few different bulbs with basically the same result. I have to check what I ended up settling on but generally I used the bulbs with the frosted cap almost everywhere. They are a compromise and aren't an eyesore. I've played enough games where it's difficult to look at the playfield because of the LEDs. I do my best to avoid that.

#355 1 year ago

Hope to see you make a Bally Playboy and a Gorgar. If you do put me down for one of each.

#356 1 year ago

Sorcerer would be great !

#357 1 year ago

I'd like to see a Bally Star Trek (1979). CPR no longer has the replacement playfields (but they have the artwork...). Any chance of a collaboration so you could put out some of their former titles?

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from Bytor:

I'd like to see a Bally Star Trek (1979). CPR no longer has the replacement playfields (but they have the artwork...). Any chance of a collaboration so you could put out some of their former titles?

It would be ideal if CPR, Mirco and Hardtop could have some sort of deal between them to provide an alternative option. Not everyone wants a full PF.

#359 1 year ago

In for a Blackout

#360 1 year ago

Yep, Blackout for me as well. Definitely.

#361 1 year ago

From another Hardtop Thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outside-edge-announces-next-5-hardtop-titles-)

Quoted from Outsidedge:

Hello All,
We are happy to announce or next 5 titles we plan to have available in the next 12-14 months (by end of 2019). They are....
Eight Ball Deluxe (permission pending)
Pinbot
Swords of Fury
Grand Lizard
Blackout
We do not (nor is it necessary) take pre orders. Please just keep your eyes open for the announcement here as each one hits the market.
We will soon be launching (before Christmas) High Speed and Mata Hari!
Currently available at www.pinballgifts.com are:
Taxi (both versions)
Space Shuttle (both versions)
Comet
• Wizard!
• Future Spa
• Pharaoh
• Black Knight
• Evel Kneivel
• Firepower
• Frontier
Keep Flipping!

#362 1 year ago

Part 3 is up!

#363 1 year ago

Just waiting for a High Speed, they say before XMas.....my High Speed is waiting too

#364 1 year ago

Can I pre order the HS1 hardtop somewhere? Thanks Pat

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

These are pics of the ramps with a custom riser pad under them - it helps, but I feel like the art should meet up with the ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you custom made the ramps. You could of tapered them so they extend to edges and then come to ramp.
Painting them black would look pretty odd. Think filing them in and painting them to match pf may be drastic. And late

Hopefully ramps become avail again.

Not sure how that plays though.

I have as much of the same issue at hand in my project ( refurb ? not really resto ) .

I think the only thing holding many of us back now from a renaissance of fixing games is Ramp availability.
Plastic set demand is pretty much not a big issue.

Please someone take up the vacuum forms or figure out a affordable way to 3d print these on demand. Many of us would be super happy.

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

If you custom made the ramps. You could of tapered them so they extend to edges and then come to ramp.
Painting them black would look pretty odd. ( Think filing them in - would be drastic and painting them to match pf may be drastic )
I have as much of the same issue at hand in my project ( refurb ? not really resto ) .
I think the only thing holding many of us back now from a renaissance of fixing games is Ramp availability.
Please someone take up the vacuum forms or figure out a affordable way to 3d print these on demand. Many of us would be super happy.

I think freeplay40 here on pinside has made a lot of ramps available.

#367 1 year ago

Space Shuttle ramps have not been made available yet. Please use EXTREME caution removing these. In some cases as fragile as eggshell.

#368 1 year ago

My Flash Gordon arrived over the weekend, looks great. Will update once I get it installed...won't be soon.

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from the_one:

Can I pre order the HS1 hardtop somewhere? Thanks Pat

Sorry they do not work that way.

#370 1 year ago

Space Shuttle ramps have not been made available yet. Please use EXTREME caution removing these. In some cases as fragile as eggshell.

They used to be available in a much thicker version back when SS playfields were run :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/space-shuttle-repo-ramp-modification-guide

#371 1 year ago

Painting them black would look pretty odd. Think filing them in and painting them to match pf may be drastic. And late

I have posted videos of our resolution and process. All looks and plays great. Very smooth transition.

#372 1 year ago

Pretty sure Starship Fantasy has them. Both my flaps broke so was going to buy new but epoxyed them then made metal ramp flaps that are epoxyed on. Works better then new.

#373 1 year ago

Starship fantasy does not have them in stock.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnycruzr:

Thank you!!
Get with Jeff @ Pinball Pimp, he can get you the specifics of what he needs.

Ive heard nothing from jeff on this.

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Quoted from Pin-up:

I asked Jeff if he could make a stencil set for Alien Star as he doesn’t already have the artwork. He said to take an old fashioned flat bed scanner and remove the lid. Then place the scanner against the side of the cabinet and take multiple pictures of the cabinet and head. He can photoshop the images to make the art files that he needs to make a stencil kit

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I asked Jeff if he could make a stencil set for Alien Star as he doesn’t already have the artwork. He said to take an old fashioned flat bed scanner and remove the lid. Then place the scanner against the side of the cabinet and take multiple pictures of the cabinet and head. He can photoshop the images to make the art files that he needs to make a stencil kit

Contact @spyderturbo007 he has my flatbed scanner and has an Alien Star.

#377 1 year ago

Last episode for the Black Knight install goes up tomorrow on "Black" Friday. Full reveal and it will be one of the best looking BKs you have ever seen.

#378 1 year ago

Finale is up! Thank you for the product. I look forward doing more games using it.

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Finale is up! Thank you for the product. I look forward doing more games using it.

Great conclusion thecapn ! For the missing holes, could you have used a small drill bit and drilled through the hole that is underneath the playfield? Since you were not using a rotisserie, I understand it would be a little harder for you to do that. I plan on doing that when putting on the side rails for my space shuttle. They didn't provide holes in the hardtop for all the side rails. I can't wait for the playfield swap!

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Great conclusion thecapn ! For the missing holes, could you have used a small drill bit and drilled through the hole that is underneath the playfield? Since you were not using a rotisserie, I understand it would be a little harder for you to do that. I plan on doing that when putting on the side rails for my space shuttle. They didn't provide holes in the hardtop for all the side rails. I can't wait for the playfield swap!

The holes in question do not go fully through the PF. You can see the screws used for this in the video when I point out the holes are missing. Thanks for watching!

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

The holes in question do not go fully through the PF. You can see the screws used for this in the video when I point out the holes are missing. Thanks for watching!

Doh! That makes sense, thanks.

#383 1 year ago

I don’t think I’ll even need sandpaper. The existing paint flakes right off! Excellent HT candidate.

5312D653-13D9-4675-A5E0-54992A789FD0 (resized).jpeg
#384 1 year ago

I don’t think I’ll even need sandpaper. The existing paint flakes right off! Excellent HT candidate.
[quoted image]</blockquote

Yep! Definitely!

BAD MH PF (resized).jpgMH Hardtop 4 (resized).jpg
#385 1 year ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

[quoted image]

I thought you were going the CPR playfield route?

#386 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I thought you were going the CPR playfield route?

Nope. HT all the way baby. Does CPR even have a FG playfield available?

#387 1 year ago

Has anyone started on their Flash Gordon yet? I started stripping down mine today. As I was examining things, I realized doing both playfields will be a total pain. I was originally thinking i'd just plop down everything on my rotisserie, but the upper playfield is attached to the lower via the wood rails. In order to remove rails, the upper pf will need to be removed. I can't think of an elegant way to do this without having to remove all the under playfield stuff from the upper playfield. Thoughts?

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Does CPR even have a FG playfield available?

Yes. Jim has one that I am storing for him at my house.

Edit...oops. sorry the FG CPR was already been installed.
My old eyes thought I was looking at the Skateball.

#389 1 year ago

Im hoping for EBD coming up for sale in the near future ..

#390 1 year ago

Maybe I’m missing something but mine is setup different .

228329FF-9008-4613-ADF3-83353DF6D938 (resized).jpeg
#391 1 year ago
07F9ED06-4CED-4072-8B16-27A4ABB51C54 (resized).jpeg
#392 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

[quoted image]

Yup, mine looks like this. That's gotta be a custom, home brew piece. I can't imagine Williams spending the money to manufacture that when they could just use a cheap curved rail...

#393 1 year ago

Careful when drilling holes as particles may get between playfield and hardtop.
Use shop vac to suck up debris. Dont blow or bRush away.

#394 1 year ago

Allow me to set the record straight. NO EXTRA HOLES NEED TO BE MADE FOR BK. lol. That is unless you have a custom job that someone did years ago. I'm glad you posted a clear pic of what it is suppose to look like. I'll make a note on the video description too!

#395 1 year ago

Baby Pacman and/or Granny and the Gators?

#396 1 year ago

Is it ok to leave my hardtop sitting in the box for 6 months or so?

I was wondering if the adhesive had a shelf life I should be aware of. Sorry if this was already answered!

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

I was wondering if the adhesive had a shelf life I should be aware of. Sorry if this was already answered!

We use the 3M 300LSE adhesive and they tell us the shelf life is 2 years from date of manufacture, so you should be fine.

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/545361O/high-stength-dc-tape-w-adhesive-300lse-9475le-9475leb.pdf

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Good question. I won’t be able to get to mine for At least 6 months also.

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Its fine

#400 1 year ago

anyway Firepower 2 can happen? every one ive come across is blown out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newport News, VA
$ 22.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
LightAndTimeArt
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 149.00
Machine - For Sale
Gilbert, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 85.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 9.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 17.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Romeoville, IL
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1393 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside