• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 52 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1314 votes by 794 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bit (resized).jpg
004 (resized).JPG
20240331_152047 (resized).jpg
20240331_152111 (resized).jpg
IMG_4996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5021 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5428 (resized).jpeg
July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,384 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 68.
#3351 49 days ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Isn’t there some kind of workaround similar to what TBL did with Folgers and Kahula? Or simply replace the old sponsors with some other new entities who would simply love their brand out there for no compensation? …just spitballing for the pinheads out there with shredded playfields.
—Go For The Wall!!

Quoted from Stebel:

Should just make them with blank white spaces. People could add their own brand decals to the overlay.
So many Rollergames have worn playfields.

I would’ve settled for whatever instead of having to airbrush my entire playfield for the resto I did. Leaving them as blank white spaces would be fine in my opinion then you could waterslide decal the company logos and mylar over them.

1 week later
#3352 36 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I would’ve settled for whatever instead of having to airbrush my entire playfield for the resto I did. Leaving them as blank white spaces would be fine in my opinion then you could waterslide decal the company logos and mylar over them.

With a hardtop they could just be left clear windows, then someone could offer decals to place UNDER the hardtop.

#3353 35 days ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

With a hardtop they could just be left clear windows, then someone could offer decals to place UNDER the hardtop.

Even better

#3354 35 days ago

I'd be curious on whether or not Williams paid for licensing or the just made a deal. Seems like free advertising. Might have even been a good idea for the companies to pay Williams to put their product on a machine.

#3355 35 days ago

Messaged HardTops they will not make a Rollergames. Not even without the logos.

#3356 35 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Messaged HardTops they will not make a Rollergames. Not even without the logos.

I talk with Bruce and Scott regularly and Keith the OP of this thread. I offered to give my rollergames playfield to use to create the hardtop last year and they said they couldn’t.

#3357 32 days ago

Had anyone installed the Supersonic 2.0 yet? Curious to see how it turned out with the added thickness.

#3358 31 days ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Had anyone installed the Supersonic 2.0 yet? Curious to see how it turned out with the added thickness.

I watched dyopp21 install one on his Twitch Stream. I didn’t see or hear his final comments about fitment, but I think he featured it in his tourney last week.

#3359 29 days ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

I watched dyopp21 install one on his Twitch Stream. I didn’t see or hear his final comments about fitment, but I think he featured it in his tourney last week.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

2 weeks later
#3360 12 days ago

Any suggestions on how to remove a Hardtop? A friend had a Hardtop installed and for some reason left his pinball on 24 hours, 7 days a week on (was told to never turn off arcade games, that it could damage them, Odd for sure). After 4 months, the heat from the LEDs debonded the hardtop at all of the inserts. They have a new 2.0 version that hopefully will be better, but I told him to turn his game off when not in use anyway after this.

#3361 12 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Any suggestions on how to remove a Hardtop? A friend had a Hardtop installed and for some reason left his pinball on 24 hours, 7 days a week on (was told to never turn off arcade games, that it could damage them, Odd for sure). After 4 months, the heat from the LEDs debonded the hardtop at all of the inserts. They have a new 2.0 version that hopefully will be better, but I told him to turn his game off when not in use anyway after this.

You should also only use LED lamps on entire PF to reduce heat. There isn't any known method to remove them. I heard it causes wicked damage when pulled. I would use the freeze spray technic as if lifting Mylar. It might prevent the wood veneer from pulling up with the HT. There will be glue left behind that will need to be cleaned off. Another way may be to try a heat gun on low setting and pry off little by little.

#3362 12 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Heat gun.
Had to pull up a bad xenon and redo it. Just heat it up while pulling and it’ll release. There’s a feel to it. Once you get going you’ll understand what I mean. It’s not that bad to do just over all annoying but there are worse projects.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/59#post-7287963

#3363 12 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

My experience (on EBD) documented here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/50#post-6850396

#3364 12 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Heat gun.
Had to pull up a bad xenon and redo it. Just heat it up while pulling and it’ll release. There’s a feel to it. Once you get going you’ll understand what I mean. It’s not that bad to do just over all annoying but there are worse projects.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/59#post-7287963

I hope to heaven I never have to remove another hardtop, but if I do I'll be trying your heat gun method.

#3365 12 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I hope to heaven I never have to remove another hardtop, but if I do I'll be trying your heat gun method.

Hopefully those days are behind us man! Seems like any one pulling them lately is because they left their game in a 150 degrees storage unit or incandescents cooked some spots.

#3366 11 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

There is no adhesive at the inserts, how could they be ruined there?

#3367 11 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

There is no adhesive at the inserts, how could they be ruined there?

The heat from the LEDs being left on 24-7 caused the glue to debone around those areas. It’s an 8ball deluxe, so the entire center area looked like the Appalachian mountains. Kinda fun to have the ball roll all different ways lol. Turned game off, rolled out the hills flat, but after a while, it all bubbled up again.

Guess once I’m done restoring a KISS (hopefully this week) and Attack from Mars,
I will bring the guys playfield to my house and hit it with the heat gun.

#3368 11 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

The heat from the LEDs being left on 24-7 caused the glue to debone around those areas. It’s an 8ball deluxe, so the entire center area looked like the Appalachian mountains. Kinda fun to have the ball roll all different ways lol. Turned game off, rolled out the hills flat, but after a while, it all bubbled up again.
Guess once I’m done restoring a KISS (hopefully this week) and Attack from Mars,
I will bring the guys playfield to my house and hit it with the heat gun.

I think desertT1 is just making sure you knew there is zero adhesive on the hardtop where the inserts are from the factory.

#3369 11 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

My experience (on EBD) documented here:

Oh this is not going to be fun. Rather he buy a new playfield and just do the swap!

#3370 11 days ago

Whoever installed that EBDeluxe hardtop might have had one from the initial bad run, where the adhesive was changed unbeknownst to Outside Edge. Went through this issue myself with an EBDeluxe machine I picked up.

Here is a pic with a new Hardtop installed, with all new inserts, too.

20240331_152047 (resized).jpg20240331_152047 (resized).jpg20240331_152111 (resized).jpg20240331_152111 (resized).jpg
#3371 7 days ago

Houston, we have a problem.

004 (resized).JPG004 (resized).JPG
#3372 7 days ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Houston, we have a problem.
[quoted image]

Perfect candidate!

#3373 7 days ago

Yea, now if only I could get a hardtop or any kind of overlay for space station.

Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Perfect candidate!

#3374 7 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Remove all the hardware from the top of the playfield…. Put the glass back in…. Sit the cabinet in the driveway on a sunny, non cloudy day that’s about 85-90°…… then wait about 2 hours. It will release itself.

Trust me

#3375 7 days ago
Quoted from dpannell:

Yea, now if only I could get a hardtop or any kind of overlay for space station.

Oh I thought space station was a title they were doing, Too bad, It was a game changer for my space shuttle.

#3376 6 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Remove all the hardware from the top of the playfield…. Put the glass back in…. Sit the cabinet in the driveway on a sunny, non cloudy day that’s about 85-90°…… then wait about 2 hours. It will release itself.
Trust me

I was talking to Scott this year at PinBrew, was it your SBM that inspired 2.0?

#3377 2 days ago
Quoted from dpannell:

My brother has a NOS playfield he is eventually swapping out in his station, maybe he would consider selling his existing playfield to you once he is completed. I would call it like a 9/10.

Send him a DM - justler

#3378 2 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Oh this is not going to be fun. Rather he buy a new playfield and just do the swap!

Yeah do that. I did a hardtop on my black knight and it'll be my last. The fact they are thicker now is just dumb.

#3379 10 hours ago

Just got my High Speed hardtop and layed it down last night pretty well aligned...definately thicker which I like honestly. I think this is a good thing....

But, now with the thicker material - any idea for trimming little things up...obviously an exacto knife is something I used inthe past any ideas on a good utility knife that may work well to trim the few little things?

I reall don't see much but I may just use a utility knife exacto just does not seem rugged enough to cut this material.

#3380 10 hours ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Just got my High Speed hardtop and layed it down last night pretty well aligned...definately thicker which I like honestly. I think this is a good thing....
But, now with the thicker material - any idea for trimming little things up...obviously an exacto knife is something I used inthe past any ideas on a good utility knife that may work well to trim the few little things?
I reall don't see much but I may just use a utility knife exacto just does not seem rugged enough to cut this material.

It takes a steady hand but I usually do hardtop trimming with a Dremel rotary tool.

#3381 5 hours ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

It takes a steady hand but I usually do hardtop trimming with a Dremel rotary tool.

I did the star rollovers with a Dremel and a reg. router but I am thinking just a little cut here and there in some holes or switch areas. Too small for a dremel.

I know I have to drill out some post holes etc. Just the other misc stuff.

#3382 5 hours ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I did the star rollovers with a Dremel and a reg. router but I am thinking just a little cut here and there in some holes or switch areas. Too small for a dremel.

I use this bit to open up some hardtop holes if they need a little widening.

Bit (resized).jpgBit (resized).jpg
#3383 3 hours ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Too small for a dremel.

I put my dremel on a hook and have the snake extension. Makes for great control and will take teeny tiny bits.

#3384 3 hours ago

I do not have that attachment -

Might have to look into that....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alameda, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dow, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Marcos, CA
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,384 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 68.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.