• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 52 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1309 votes by 789 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5021 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5428 (resized).jpeg
July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 67.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Yes ,They are setting up at expo.

Can we put in a pre-order?

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Can we put in a pre-order?

I dont believe they do preorders. What are you looking for? I mention it to Bruce.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I dont believe they do preorders. What are you looking for? I mention it to Bruce.

I would like to pick up a Black Knight. I will contact him via the website

#204 5 years ago

So, can we use the current poll results as an indication of what's next?

I'm impatiently waiting for a Blackout but it would appear there are four titles ahead of it after High Speed is done.

#205 5 years ago

We are working on three titles right now. When they are done we will decide and hopefully announce the next five.see you at Expo!
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#206 5 years ago

So apparently Todd Tuckey is endorsing Hardtops.

For your viewing pleasure

#207 5 years ago

How long do these usually take to ship? I ordered a firepower Oct 2nd and haven't heard anything.

#208 5 years ago

How are these holding up on location / with high usage over time? Any high traffic examples out there?

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How long do these usually take to ship? I ordered a firepower Oct 2nd and haven't heard anything.

Sorry, we are behind trying to get ready for expo. We have your order and will be shipping in the next couple of days. We try to ship within one day, but sometimes it turns into a week.

Sorry for the delay!

#210 5 years ago

Sky pilot, you just may be the “savior of the universe”!

#211 5 years ago

Todd has 24k subs on youtube, so that's some pretty good exposure.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I hope his followers put on their respirators while sanding, or they are going to get some lead exposure

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

We are working on three titles right now. When they are done we will decide and hopefully announce the next five.see you at Expo!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does that bottom picture REFLECT any of your future decision making?

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

We couldn't be more surprised and pleased that Todd and his crew made the video. He sent us a kind letter as well saying that this is the best thing to happen within pinball collecting for many years.

We have revived over 140 machines and counting!

Yes, yes... more titles ARE coming.

Next: Mata Hari!.. and a surprise title.

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I hope his followers put on their respirators while sanding, or they are going to get some lead exposure

I saw that and thought the same thing. And that was taking place inside, so everyone got a special treat.

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I saw that and thought the same thing. And that was taking place inside, so everyone got a special treat.

philly suburbs they are use to it!

#217 5 years ago

I sure hope a Ebd is coming soon.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

How are these holding up on location / with high usage over time? Any high traffic examples out there?

I believe there's a Space Shuttle hardtop thread with updates about how it's holding up on location. So far so good.

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Does that bottom picture REFLECT any of your future decision making?

Yes and no. Sometimes these things just are staring us in the face.

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Now ya tell me!

Seriously though, its still pretty new, but mine looks as good as the day I put it on. I think the metal guide next to the left flipper does a job on the ball. So the Comet hardtop is dealing with a roughed up ball much sooner than some other games. Looks perfect though.

#221 5 years ago

I wish they were a little more vocal on titles they are planning to do, working on, and potential timetables.

This could and should be huge, but progress appears slow and disjointed.

Pump them out. We want them!

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I believe there's a Space Shuttle hardtop thread with updates about how it's holding up on location. So far so good.

That's my thread. If I remember I'll take some pics this weekend. The game has around 3k plays on it now and the hardtop looks brand new. I couldn't be happier with the product. People love how it plays also.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

We couldn't be more surprised and pleased that Todd and his crew made the video. He sent us a kind letter as well saying that this is the best thing to happen within pinball collecting for many years.
We have revived over 140 machines and counting!
Yes, yes... more titles ARE coming.
Next: Mata Hari!.. and a surprise title.

That is very impressive, congratulations!

Questions: Mata Hari only shows as 4% in the poll yet it is next. Is this due to licensing? What is your logic?

It's unfortunate that there is not more transparency with upcoming titles. There are certainly a number of pinheads here, like me who are unsure of what to do with a few of our projects. Knowing what is coming would be very helpful.

Thanks.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That is very impressive, congratulations!
Questions: Mata Hari only shows as 4% in the poll yet it is next. Is this due to licensing? What is your logic?
It's unfortunate that there is not more transparency with upcoming titles. There are certainly a number of pinheads here, like me who are unsure of what to do with a few of our projects. Knowing what is coming would be very helpful.
Thanks.

It is never as easy as you may think when it comes to announcing the next titles. The emails, the questions, the offers, clog up the momentum. The reality is it becomes extremely more difficult to move forward when you're inundated with possible future customers requests. I'm sorry, I'm sure this is not what you want to hear but keep in mind this is not anyone here's mainstay. We will do our best to inform everyone as this moves forward and it is moving forward.

#225 5 years ago

https://m.facebook.com/pirateslifepinball/?ref=settings

Surprised no one mentioned this. The tease pics were good, but seeing it looks amazing.

#226 5 years ago

Pathetic Earthlings rejoice! They'll save every one of us!

FG (resized).jpgFG (resized).jpg
#227 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

That's my thread. If I remember I'll take some pics this weekend. The game has around 3k plays on it now and the hardtop looks brand new. I couldn't be happier with the product. People love how it plays also.

How the freak do you have 3k plays on it already? What’s the secret?

Sincerely,
Out of ideas

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Here's a short video of my (mostly) completed Black Knight installation:

This worked out very well, it plays great and it looks fantastic! Feel free to PM me if you any questions!

Try leding the playfield

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I wish they were a little more vocal on titles they are planning to do, working on, and potential timetables.
This could and should be huge, but progress appears slow and disjointed.
Pump them out. We want them!

Well, slow I can agree with... but disjointed.. no. Disjointed would be rushing them out into the field before we know they are ready and then having angry customers all over the world (literally). Or, possibly disjointed would be to list a title and have it on a list for years without being completed. We want to avoid that for sure.

We are proud to say we have had a total of 3 returns for manufacturing issues out of many, many shipped and installed.

We are guilty as charged at being slow. We are a rather larger commercial shop, and it should be no surprise that pinball is not keeping the lights on. We work on these projects when it makes sense to do so. We are pleased to continue to bring 3-6 new titles a year (while existing titles we offer continue to be available). We do not remark on new titles on a quite long list we are working from because lots of things happen that can alter our course.

We DO announce new titles as we are ready to begin working on them in batches of 2-5 (you may look back and see that). That next round is nearing as we finish up the last of our latest list... being Firepower, Mata Hari, Evel K. and Black Knight. We would not feel right about announcing a batch, then not having them out within 12 -14 months for sale.

I apologize for the slowness, but that is what we can do. If The Hardtop keeps attracting interest... we will keep producing the titles we receive permission to produce. More to come!

FYI.... most 3rd party? Like Star trek ect..... MUCH more difficult to get permission.

Thank you all for your interest!

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

It is never as easy as you may think when it comes to announcing the next titles. The emails, the questions, the offers, clog up the momentum. The reality is it becomes extremely more difficult to move forward when you're inundated with possible future customers requests. I'm sorry, I'm sure this is not what you want to hear but keep in mind this is not anyone here's mainstay. We will do our best to inform everyone as this moves forward and it is moving forward.

Oh alright , since you put it that way

Can you tell me if Swords of Fury is coming or even just if it is a serious possibility?

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

FYI.... most 3rd party? Like Star trek ect..... MUCH more difficult to get permission.

Classic Stern. No permission required, more money in your pocket.
9 ball, stars, quicksilver, meteor, F2K, Catacomb.... Many to choose from.

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Oh alright , since you put it that way
Can you tell me if Swords of Fury is coming or even just if it is a serious possibility?

Serious possibly.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Classic Stern. No permission required, more money in your pocket.
9 ball, stars, quicksilver, meteor, F2K, Catacomb.... Many to choose from.

Meteor would be awesome! CPR will never get around to it.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from Diver12:

Try leding the playfield

There are no incandescent bulbs left on the playfield. Everything is LED. Once I get a new back glass, the backbox will get LEDs as well.

#235 5 years ago

Grand Lizard has my vote. Would probably buy two one for each of my machines.

#236 5 years ago

I would happily hand over cash for Eight Ball Deluxe (1981) and Space Invaders

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

How the freak do you have 3k plays on it already? What’s the secret?
Sincerely,
Out of ideas

The general public.

#238 5 years ago

Chicago Expo 20189CCEA540-A849-423C-9891-305D23E6463C (resized).jpeg9CCEA540-A849-423C-9891-305D23E6463C (resized).jpeg

57296B72-EBB6-422C-A36D-75A5A99BAF1D (resized).jpeg57296B72-EBB6-422C-A36D-75A5A99BAF1D (resized).jpeg812F7AF8-D5C5-42A7-A180-5EAC7B223F70 (resized).jpeg812F7AF8-D5C5-42A7-A180-5EAC7B223F70 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#239 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Chicago Expo 2018[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mmmmmm.... Flash Gordon. Tasty...

#240 5 years ago

This looks like one of the best mods in years. I am skeptical of how this would last on a heavily used machine but for something in your gameroom..its must be perfect. I think this could be a affordable option for stuff like funhouse or addams family..but I guess it makes sense to focus on non- diamond coated stuff.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I am skeptical of how this would last on a heavily used machine

A clearcoat on a playfield is .004" thick

The Hardtop is .03" thick (maybe as thick as the unembossed part of a credit card).

How many plays would you guess it would take to wear all the way through a credit card?

#242 5 years ago

I do wonder how they compare to the old Spinball playflieds. Those would be over 20 years old now. Anybody know if they ever showed much wear?And how similar are those to the hardtops?

#243 5 years ago

Flash Gordon looks amazing. Any idea how long before we can place an order for one?

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The Hardtop is .03" thick (maybe as thick as the unembossed part of a credit card).
How many plays would you guess it would take to wear all the way through

How many plays would you guess it would take to wear all the way through a credit card?

Quoted from vid1900:

I agree. It would never wear a hole though it..but how many plays before it becomes hazy and loses that mirror shine? Can it be repolished if needs be?

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

The general public.

I have 3 locations and I would guess that it takes 18-24 months to get that many plays on my busiest games, if not more.

#246 5 years ago

If that is a concern, you could drop a playfield overlay on top and replace that when it's time

#247 5 years ago

So, no new titles announced at Expo?

#248 5 years ago

Waiting patiently for High Speed.

#249 5 years ago

Waiting for the upper and lower Elektra playfields.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

We installed a hardtop on a Comet took it to a show where it got about 500 plays. After the show we set it up at the local Boys and Girls club on freeplay where it gets played pretty constantly before and after school by the kids. The Hardtop currently has over 1500 plays and looks brand new. We are thrilled with the product.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
4,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/5?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.