• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 52 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1309 votes by 789 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5021 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5428 (resized).jpeg
July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 67.
#2151 2 years ago

This! Tapping them on top of the hardtop could create an issue wit the stress of the had being pushed down over a void. Just widen the hole so they are flush. May be a good idea to fill the beveled holes(toothpick in the middle) then install the mounts as directed.

#2152 2 years ago

I am trying to put a hardtop on my Gorgar, everything looks good but the Shooter lane is not lining up.

You can see the left side of picture the plastic is hanging over the shooter lane.

Am I supposed to trim it to make it fit?

Thanks

GorgarShooterLane (resized).JPGGorgarShooterLane (resized).JPG
#2153 2 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Am I supposed to trim it to make it fit?

These older playfields have lots of variances to take into consideration, especially holes for posts, rails, etc. It's expected to have to trim, widen holes, or even drill new (missing) holes in the hardtop. I've done 4 so far, but while I haven't had to make any shooter lane adjustments in any of them it doesn't surprise me too much.

The most important thing: Line up the insert artwork dead-nuts so they're all perfect and clamp the hardtop down. From there, widen or add needed holes in the hardtop with a dremel, file, or xacto and trim as necessary.

#2154 2 years ago

I had to trim my Blackout shooter lane. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until after I had adhered it. I got it done but probably would have been able to make it a bit cleaner if I had trimmed it before applying the hardtop.

#2155 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210924-075932_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210924-075932_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2156 2 years ago

Mousin Around!

#2157 2 years ago

Are you ever going to consider doing an Elektra Hardtop set? At least the upper and lower. It would be great if you can make a set. Or if CPR or Mirko or someone else would make a playfield set. Elektra is a title that could really use something.

1 week later
#2158 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Are you ever going to consider doing an Elektra Hardtop set? At least the upper and lower. It would be great if you can make a set. Or if CPR or Mirko or someone else would make a playfield set. Elektra is a title that could really use something.

I’ve learned at this point not to hold your breath. I would buy those and one for Cyclone!! We can only hope…. This hobby requires lots of patience!!!

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

I’ve learned at this point not to hold your breath. I would buy those and one for Cyclone!! We can only hope…. This hobby requires lots of patience!!!

I’ve got plenty of projects I can work on in the meantime but I would buy two Elektra sets if they make them. A lot of people could use them for this title. My game plays well and for years ended up being my test fixture for testing Bally boards after repairs. If they come out with a Hardtop that will be a good excuse to finally refresh the whole game and move it into the basement.

#2160 2 years ago

Keep hoping guys he’s knocking them out right and left

7E6C06F7-ED3B-4D1F-A835-1223A0D0431D (resized).jpeg7E6C06F7-ED3B-4D1F-A835-1223A0D0431D (resized).jpegC4E7C346-A5EE-462E-BA4A-649421F29862 (resized).jpegC4E7C346-A5EE-462E-BA4A-649421F29862 (resized).jpeg
#2161 2 years ago

Ffs now I need to source myself an F14 again. Lmaooooo

Screenshot_20211006-140608_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211006-140608_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2162 2 years ago

Fantastic Choice!

#2163 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Ffs now I need to source myself an F14 again. Lmaooooo
[quoted image]

Nah, it's Gold Wings
Jk

#2164 2 years ago

Maverick

#2165 2 years ago

Yesssss!

About time we get all those Mavericks some love!

Maverick Pinball Machine Game Playfield #42 for sale (2) (resized).JPGMaverick Pinball Machine Game Playfield #42 for sale (2) (resized).JPG
#2166 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Nah, it's Gold Wings
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3f4ddbaed03c9630e68aed6b87c4ccfcb440e05a-1633574024-1800"};
//]]>

Jk

I wish!!! My playfield doesn’t even need redone on my GW but I’d get one just because of how awesome it would be to say I have a Hardtopped Gold Wings.

#2167 2 years ago

Dammit I was all excited for F14 but you’re probably right.

SHIT!!!!!!

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Dammit I was all excited for F14 but you’re probably right.
SHIT!!!!!!

Noooooo I hope not lol

#2169 2 years ago

This one was posted before the F-14 hint.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2170 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This one was posted before the F-14 hint.
[quoted image]

Yes but nobody likes Fire so it went under the radar

#2171 2 years ago

Seawitch!!
Can't believe nobody's done a repro playfield for Seawitch yet? After The Beatles, this game has been made more popular due to the great layout. I think this would be a good candidate for a hardtop!

#2172 2 years ago

Seawitch playfields were remade for years by greatwichjohn who has recently sold his business. New ones should be on the market within a matter of weeks from the new owners.

#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:Seawitch!!
Can't believe nobody's done a repro playfield for Seawitch yet? After The Beatles, this game has been made more popular due to the great layout. I think this would be a good candidate for a hardtop!

Somewhere earlier it was mentioned that they will make all of the B/W titles before making classic Stern or Gottlieb titles.

#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Somewhere earlier it was mentioned that they will make all of the B/W titles before making classic Stern or Gottlieb titles.

Stern Catacomb already has been released.

#2175 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yes but nobody likes Fire so it went under the radar

Shows you know nothing on that subject.

#2176 2 years ago

Stern Catacomb already has been released.

That’s right. Must have changed their mind along the way.

#2177 2 years ago

Shows you know nothing on that subject.

He was kidding man! It's a Beavis &Butthead reference i assume. Fire fire firefirefire !! (U cornholio!)

#2178 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

He was kidding man! It's a Beavis &Butthead reference i assume. Fire fire firefirefire !! (U cornholio!)

I am a B&B fan and it did not sound like a reference to me.

I read multiple comments from him and most of the time sounds like he hates all pinball titles for one reason or another.

#2179 2 years ago

I read multiple comments from him and most of the time sounds like he hates all pinball titles for one reason or another.

Probably true! I've read his posts before too and was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt! * I sure don't understand this companies strategies for releasing titles. Some dumbass shit having people type in their guesses on this forum. Makes for some dumbass content!

#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I sure don't understand this companies strategies for releasing titles. Some dumbass shit having people type in their guesses on this forum. Makes for some dumbass content!

Eventually, i can see all these old titles will get done. Just like ColorDMD, many B and C titles got done in the mix on what everyone considers their A titles. I know I am happy they are all getting done.

I work on many game titles, that I don't really like, for people because they want their favorite game working. I work on those games to see the joy they get out if playing their newly working game(s). Just wish I had more time in the day to do more for others.

#2181 2 years ago

Site your references please.

#2182 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

They've already made a Stern and have mentioned a few times that they have the rights to the older Gottlieb titles as well

#2183 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

They've already made a Stern and have mentioned a few times that they have the rights to the older Gottlieb titles as well

Hoping for some system 80 love. My Alien Star could use a hard top.

#2184 2 years ago

William's Flash or Stern Lightning?[quoted image]</blockquote

Seawitch playfields were remade for years by greatwichjohn who has recently sold his business. New ones should be on the market within a matter of weeks from the new owners.

You mean it took him years to rescreen 50 playfields. You had to send him your playfield he would rescreen it.

#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

You mean it took him years to rescreen 50 playfields. You had to send him your playfield he would rescreen it.

No, I don’t mean that. Maybe he did a reprint process early on, I don’t know, but he produced many new ones as well. His successors have already announced their new and improved repros.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-production-seawitch-playfields

And for posterity, GWJ never screened anything. His were all digital prints.

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

No, I don’t mean that. Maybe he did a reprint process early on, I don’t know, but he produced many new ones as well. His successors have already announced their new and improved repros.

Touche'

#2187 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Knowing the difficulty in doing a playfield swap, I am working on a jig for the new printer that will allow me to reprint the playfield with all mechs still attached to the underside. The intent is to offer refurbished populated playfields for quick swap instant restorations. This would be done as a core charge service. I will let you know if it is successful.

#2188 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#2189 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I’ve got plenty of projects I can work on in the meantime but I would buy two Elektra sets if they make them. A lot of people could use them for this title. My game plays well and for years ended up being my test fixture for testing Bally boards after repairs. If they come out with a Hardtop that will be a good excuse to finally refresh the whole game and move it into the basement.

Put me in for a set, I think Elektra would dazzle with a hardtop. (since it had the middle plexi plastic cover from day one)
Most only need upper and lower set for that same reason. (kind of proves the whole Hardtop concept would make playfields last too long)
I cannot help but believe that is why the mfgs don't use them in production.

#2190 2 years ago

I’ve had my Pinbot Hardtop on for about 8 months now and I LOVE it. It still looks immaculate after about 30-60 minutes of daily use. One concern however is in the pic below. There appears to be some stress cracking where the ball drops in from the vortex ramp. There is no bubbling or raising, but I imagine eventually that might happen. Anything recommended to soften the blow? Mylar?

844987F5-C833-400E-A264-1A5CE95C6E1F (resized).jpeg844987F5-C833-400E-A264-1A5CE95C6E1F (resized).jpeg
#2191 2 years ago

That is interesting, was there any kind of gap under the hardtop before install?

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

That is interesting, was there any kind of gap under the hardtop before install?

Not to my knowledge. I felt it was a pretty textbook install; sanded, light coats of clear, etc. and no other issues whatsoever. This is a high impact point of the game, if there was one, and it occurs several times during one game.

#2193 2 years ago

First HT install. Before and after.
AB55BCEA-5E1F-45ED-BAD1-E234C6F6935F (resized).jpegAB55BCEA-5E1F-45ED-BAD1-E234C6F6935F (resized).jpegC22E3E72-363A-4EE3-B111-4DC0CDB58ECA (resized).jpegC22E3E72-363A-4EE3-B111-4DC0CDB58ECA (resized).jpeg

I’ve got 3 more in the box and waiting to be installed:
High Speed, Firepower, Grand Lizard

Awaiting release of: Supersonic

#2194 2 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

I’ve had my Pinbot Hardtop on for about 8 months now and I LOVE it. It still looks immaculate after about 30-60 minutes of daily use. One concern however is in the pic below. There appears to be some stress cracking where the ball drops in from the vortex ramp. There is no bubbling or raising, but I imagine eventually that might happen. Anything recommended to soften the blow? Mylar?
[quoted image]

Ball drops ALWAYS get mylar per VID1900.
Why would you not want that extra layer of protection regardless of the playfield type?

1 week later
#2195 2 years ago

I hope they release the Earthshaker hardtop very soon.
Need one because playfield really eaten away.

#2196 2 years ago

Just wanted to add a vote for Radical!

#2197 2 years ago

Whirlwind? Anybody?

#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

Whirlwind? Anybody?

Pretty sure I had a conversation with them about this a couple years back and the response was that they can't get the rights.
They do have access to the Gottlieb library though

#2199 2 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Put me in for a set, I think Elektra would dazzle with a hardtop. (since it had the middle plexi plastic cover from day one)
Most only need upper and lower set for that same reason. (kind of proves the whole Hardtop concept would make playfields last too long)
I cannot help but believe that is why the mfgs don't use them in production.

I need An upper for sure, but I'd buy the 2 PF set. would look amazing.
ELEKTRA FOR THE WIN!

#2200 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

First HT install. Before and after.
[quoted image][quoted image]
I’ve got 3 more in the box and waiting to be installed:
High Speed, Firepower, Grand Lizard
Awaiting release of: Supersonic

Damn that looks good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.