• Strikes and Spares 51 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 54 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 41 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 69 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1155 votes by 680 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Maverick Pinball Machine Game Playfield #42 for sale (2) (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20211006-140608_Facebook (resized).jpg
7E6C06F7-ED3B-4D1F-A835-1223A0D0431D (resized).jpeg
C4E7C346-A5EE-462E-BA4A-649421F29862 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210924-075932_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
GorgarShooterLane (resized).JPG
Gorgar_HardTop (resized).jpg
Gorgar_ScrewsRemoved (resized).jpg
Gorgar_FlushScrews (resized).jpg
METEOR DT Bank Scores (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210905-075445_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210805-090712_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
image7 (resized).jpeg
image2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2188 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 44.
#2151 34 days ago

This! Tapping them on top of the hardtop could create an issue wit the stress of the had being pushed down over a void. Just widen the hole so they are flush. May be a good idea to fill the beveled holes(toothpick in the middle) then install the mounts as directed.

#2152 29 days ago

I am trying to put a hardtop on my Gorgar, everything looks good but the Shooter lane is not lining up.

You can see the left side of picture the plastic is hanging over the shooter lane.

Am I supposed to trim it to make it fit?

Thanks

GorgarShooterLane (resized).JPG
#2153 29 days ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Am I supposed to trim it to make it fit?

These older playfields have lots of variances to take into consideration, especially holes for posts, rails, etc. It's expected to have to trim, widen holes, or even drill new (missing) holes in the hardtop. I've done 4 so far, but while I haven't had to make any shooter lane adjustments in any of them it doesn't surprise me too much.

The most important thing: Line up the insert artwork dead-nuts so they're all perfect and clamp the hardtop down. From there, widen or add needed holes in the hardtop with a dremel, file, or xacto and trim as necessary.

#2154 28 days ago

I had to trim my Blackout shooter lane. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until after I had adhered it. I got it done but probably would have been able to make it a bit cleaner if I had trimmed it before applying the hardtop.

#2155 25 days ago
Screenshot_20210924-075932_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2156 25 days ago

Mousin Around!

#2157 24 days ago

Are you ever going to consider doing an Elektra Hardtop set? At least the upper and lower. It would be great if you can make a set. Or if CPR or Mirko or someone else would make a playfield set. Elektra is a title that could really use something.

1 week later
#2158 13 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Are you ever going to consider doing an Elektra Hardtop set? At least the upper and lower. It would be great if you can make a set. Or if CPR or Mirko or someone else would make a playfield set. Elektra is a title that could really use something.

I’ve learned at this point not to hold your breath. I would buy those and one for Cyclone!! We can only hope…. This hobby requires lots of patience!!!

#2159 12 days ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

I’ve learned at this point not to hold your breath. I would buy those and one for Cyclone!! We can only hope…. This hobby requires lots of patience!!!

I’ve got plenty of projects I can work on in the meantime but I would buy two Elektra sets if they make them. A lot of people could use them for this title. My game plays well and for years ended up being my test fixture for testing Bally boards after repairs. If they come out with a Hardtop that will be a good excuse to finally refresh the whole game and move it into the basement.

#2160 12 days ago

Keep hoping guys he’s knocking them out right and left

7E6C06F7-ED3B-4D1F-A835-1223A0D0431D (resized).jpegC4E7C346-A5EE-462E-BA4A-649421F29862 (resized).jpeg
#2161 12 days ago

Ffs now I need to source myself an F14 again. Lmaooooo

Screenshot_20211006-140608_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2162 12 days ago

Fantastic Choice!

#2163 12 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Ffs now I need to source myself an F14 again. Lmaooooo
[quoted image]

Nah, it's Gold Wings
Jk

#2165 12 days ago

Yesssss!

About time we get all those Mavericks some love!

Maverick Pinball Machine Game Playfield #42 for sale (2) (resized).JPG
#2166 12 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Nah, it's Gold Wings
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3f4ddbaed03c9630e68aed6b87c4ccfcb440e05a-1633574024-1800"};
//]]>

Jk

I wish!!! My playfield doesn’t even need redone on my GW but I’d get one just because of how awesome it would be to say I have a Hardtopped Gold Wings.

#2167 12 days ago

Dammit I was all excited for F14 but you’re probably right.

SHIT!!!!!!

#2168 12 days ago
Quoted from radium:

Dammit I was all excited for F14 but you’re probably right.
SHIT!!!!!!

Noooooo I hope not lol

#2169 12 days ago

This one was posted before the F-14 hint.

#2170 12 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This one was posted before the F-14 hint.
[quoted image]

Yes but nobody likes Fire so it went under the radar

#2171 12 days ago

Seawitch!!
Can't believe nobody's done a repro playfield for Seawitch yet? After The Beatles, this game has been made more popular due to the great layout. I think this would be a good candidate for a hardtop!

#2172 12 days ago

Seawitch playfields were remade for years by greatwichjohn who has recently sold his business. New ones should be on the market within a matter of weeks from the new owners.

#2173 12 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:Seawitch!!
Can't believe nobody's done a repro playfield for Seawitch yet? After The Beatles, this game has been made more popular due to the great layout. I think this would be a good candidate for a hardtop!

Somewhere earlier it was mentioned that they will make all of the B/W titles before making classic Stern or Gottlieb titles.

#2174 12 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Somewhere earlier it was mentioned that they will make all of the B/W titles before making classic Stern or Gottlieb titles.

Stern Catacomb already has been released.

#2175 12 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yes but nobody likes Fire so it went under the radar

Shows you know nothing on that subject.

#2176 12 days ago

Stern Catacomb already has been released.

That’s right. Must have changed their mind along the way.

#2177 12 days ago

Shows you know nothing on that subject.

He was kidding man! It's a Beavis &Butthead reference i assume. Fire fire firefirefire !! (U cornholio!)

#2178 12 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

He was kidding man! It's a Beavis &Butthead reference i assume. Fire fire firefirefire !! (U cornholio!)

I am a B&B fan and it did not sound like a reference to me.

I read multiple comments from him and most of the time sounds like he hates all pinball titles for one reason or another.

#2179 12 days ago

I read multiple comments from him and most of the time sounds like he hates all pinball titles for one reason or another.

Probably true! I've read his posts before too and was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt! * I sure don't understand this companies strategies for releasing titles. Some dumbass shit having people type in their guesses on this forum. Makes for some dumbass content!

#2180 12 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I sure don't understand this companies strategies for releasing titles. Some dumbass shit having people type in their guesses on this forum. Makes for some dumbass content!

Eventually, i can see all these old titles will get done. Just like ColorDMD, many B and C titles got done in the mix on what everyone considers their A titles. I know I am happy they are all getting done.

I work on many game titles, that I don't really like, for people because they want their favorite game working. I work on those games to see the joy they get out if playing their newly working game(s). Just wish I had more time in the day to do more for others.

#2181 11 days ago

Site your references please.

#2182 11 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

They've already made a Stern and have mentioned a few times that they have the rights to the older Gottlieb titles as well

#2183 11 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

They've already made a Stern and have mentioned a few times that they have the rights to the older Gottlieb titles as well

Hoping for some system 80 love. My Alien Star could use a hard top.

#2184 6 days ago

William's Flash or Stern Lightning?[quoted image]</blockquote

Seawitch playfields were remade for years by greatwichjohn who has recently sold his business. New ones should be on the market within a matter of weeks from the new owners.

You mean it took him years to rescreen 50 playfields. You had to send him your playfield he would rescreen it.

#2185 6 days ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

You mean it took him years to rescreen 50 playfields. You had to send him your playfield he would rescreen it.

No, I don’t mean that. Maybe he did a reprint process early on, I don’t know, but he produced many new ones as well. His successors have already announced their new and improved repros.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-production-seawitch-playfields

And for posterity, GWJ never screened anything. His were all digital prints.

#2186 6 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

No, I don’t mean that. Maybe he did a reprint process early on, I don’t know, but he produced many new ones as well. His successors have already announced their new and improved repros.

Touche'

#2187 6 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Knowing the difficulty in doing a playfield swap, I am working on a jig for the new printer that will allow me to reprint the playfield with all mechs still attached to the underside. The intent is to offer refurbished populated playfields for quick swap instant restorations. This would be done as a core charge service. I will let you know if it is successful.

#2188 4 days ago
There are 2188 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 44.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside