• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 52 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1309 votes by 789 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5021 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5428 (resized).jpeg
July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 67.
#2051 2 years ago

Just finished doing a hardtop on this Pharoah, first time, went smooth, but it was a load of work as I totally stripped the playfields of all parts, removed inserts and sanded them all flush. I was really impressed with the finished product , plays smooth. And lightning fast

20210621_203251 (resized).jpg20210621_203251 (resized).jpg20210621_203306 (resized).jpg20210621_203306 (resized).jpg
#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from ringonu:

On the F14 my guess based on owning one would be the issue with numerous inserts raising. If you put on a hardtop and then an insert raises people would be angry and blame hardtop. Only a guess, otherwise I have no clue.

Yup, it would be wise to epoxy the inserts from the back side after pressing them back down with a giant 'C' clamp.

#2053 2 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Just finished doing a hardtop on this Pharoah

Beautiful!!!

#2054 2 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Just finished doing a hardtop on this Pharoah, first time, went smooth, but it was a load of work as I totally stripped the playfields of all parts, removed inserts and sanded them all flush. I was really impressed with the finished product , plays smooth. And lightning fast
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

2 weeks later
#2055 2 years ago

Space station.... do it

#2056 2 years ago

I just picked up a project Meteor. Meteor please please please please!!

#2057 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

I just picked up a project Meteor. Meteor please please please please!!

Gimme that meteor! I'll drive across Kansas to get it!

#2058 2 years ago

Does anyone make hardtops for EM’s?

#2059 2 years ago
Quoted from Silverstreak02:

Does anyone make hardtops for EM’s?

Wizard has been released long ago. Outside Edge is the only one making Hardtops as they had developed this process.

http://www.outsideedgeproducts.com/

#2060 2 years ago

Has anyone ordered Jungle Lord?

#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Has anyone ordered Jungle Lord?

I did - should be here tomorrow.

#2062 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I did - should be here tomorrow.

Post pics please.

#2063 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Wizard has been released long ago. Outside Edge is the only one making Hardtops as they had developed this process.
http://www.outsideedgeproducts.com/

Thanks I’ll take a look.

#2064 2 years ago

I now need two silverball mania skins if that helps the voting decision. Picking up a second project pin.

#2065 2 years ago

Looks like Silverball Mania is up next.
Screenshot_20210714-110905_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210714-110905_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#2066 2 years ago

ERMAGAWWWD

#2067 2 years ago

Quoted from PinballManiac40:Looks like Silverball Mania is up next.
[quoted image]

#2068 2 years ago

I wonder why Outside Edge is organizing a poll for the next hardtop?

#2069 2 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

I wonder why Outside Edge is organizing a poll for the next hardtop?

Ya, they didn't seem to really follow this poll?

#2070 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, they didn't seem to really follow this poll?

They don't seem to pay any attention the this thread other than posting whats next/ready.

i.e. were the skulls in jungle lord fixed?

#2071 2 years ago

Still looking for an Elektra set.

#2072 2 years ago

Love to see a Capt. Fantastic

#2073 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210717-170700_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210717-170700_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2074 2 years ago

Looks like a Williams Flash in the background.

#2075 2 years ago

I'd buy a Flash hardtop in a flash!

#2077 2 years ago

Thats my SBM playfield laying under the new hardtop

Cant wait to go pick it up next week!!!

#2078 2 years ago

Glad to see the Jungle Lord hardtop done!! I ordered one and have already received it. This is my first Hardtop. Now it's time to study the installation process and set aside the time to install it and get the game up and running.

I have seen a few Hardtops in person and they look amazing! Can't wait to see the Jungle Lord with one!

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I'm definitely in if they do Flash.

They probably won't do Flash, because CPR did it a few months ago

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/flash-3/

#2080 2 years ago

I totally get that. From my standpoint and current condition of my flash, a full playfield swap isn’t worth it for me. Based on how much I like flash, I’d spend $325 and the time to do it. I wouldn’t spend $700-$800 plus all the extra time to do it. That’s just me though.

#2081 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

A hardtop is so much easier and cheaper though.
Unless you meant that because CPR has done it, Outside Edge wont which wiuldnt be accurate as there have been several CPR playfields that Outside Edge has also produced.
Evel Knievel
Firepower
Mata Hari
Pinbot
(*Flash Gordon)
8ball Deluxe
Space Shuttle
Taxi
High Speed

Quoted from Clytor:

I totally get that. From my standpoint and current condition of my flash, a full playfield swap isn’t worth it for me. Based on how much I like flash, I’d spend $325 and the time to do it. I wouldn’t spend $700-$800 plus all the extra time to do it. That’s just me though.

It would be nice if there was a hardtop option of everything Cpr sells, but I would much rather they work together to ensure more titles become salvageable. Like what rampomatic and freeplay40 are doing with theyre ramps.

#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They probably won't do Flash, because CPR did it a few months ago
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/flash-3/

I looked at the partial picture of the playfield in the background behind the SBM and thought it was Flash. What is it?

#2083 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Glad to see the Jungle Lord hardtop done!! I ordered one and have already received it. This is my first Hardtop. Now it's time to study the installation process and set aside the time to install it and get the game up and running.
I have seen a few Hardtops in person and they look amazing! Can't wait to see the Jungle Lord with one!

Can you post a picture of the hardtop perhaps?

#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

It would be nice if there was a hardtop option of everything Cpr sells, but I would much rather they work together to ensure more titles become salvageable. Like what rampomatic and freeplay40 are doing with theyre ramps.

Why are you misquoting me? I never said this. I dont even own a Flash.

#2085 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I looked at the partial picture of the playfield in the background behind the SBM and thought it was Flash. What is it?

A flash with black rollover switch lanes?

#2086 2 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

The point of the hardtop is to make a viable restoration option available for lesser titles where the price of an entire new playfield would not be cost effective for a restorer, and where the demand isn't high enough for CPR to invest in producing a playfield.

It's an in-between option. Better than an overlay, but not quite the same as an actual new playfield.

#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Why are you misquoting me? I never said this. I dont even own a Flash.

One of the quote tags was missing. It's been fixed now.

#2088 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Can you post a picture of the hardtop perhaps?

20210729_093524 (resized).jpg20210729_093524 (resized).jpg20210729_093541 (resized).jpg20210729_093541 (resized).jpg20210729_093549 (resized).jpg20210729_093549 (resized).jpg
#2089 2 years ago

^ Arggggg, the flesh skulls!

#2090 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yes what the literal fuck

#2091 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not sure what you are talking about? Fortunately it all looks great to me compared to my original playfield. As long as it's not a huge cock like the LOTR LE backglass, I'm fine.

#2092 2 years ago

Looks different than I remember. Like the skull color is too close to the flesh color. No?

Couple random pics I found online...
jess_lower_pf.jpgjess_lower_pf.jpg
DSCN0539.jpgDSCN0539.jpg

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Looks different than I remember. Like the skull color is too close to the flesh color. No?
Couple random pics I found online...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Quoted from John_I:

Not sure what you are talking about? Fortunately it all looks great to me compared to my original playfield. As long as it's not a huge cock like the LOTR LE backglass, I'm fine.

Go back to post number 2038 where it was pointed out and discussed.

Outsidedge ignored it.

#2094 2 years ago

OK well that is something that doesn't bother me at all fortunately. To me there is still contrast to the skin color and the skulls look more like actual bone color now and don't bend in so much. I also could care less about matching the original or I would not have bought this in the first place because the sky is yellow on my original upper playfield (red cabinet).

Now what really bothers me about this game are the two plastics that have no artwork. They look like they were just place holders for the shape and they ran out of time or budget to put art on them? I did a little Photoshop work and it would be nice if someone could produce these or something like it in high quality:

Upper Right Scan touched overlay (resized).pngUpper Right Scan touched overlay (resized).pngUpper Right Scan untouched (resized).jpgUpper Right Scan untouched (resized).jpg
#2095 2 years ago

Re: Flesh skulls

I talked to Bruce. There were multiple versions that were used in production and there was production variation. Nevertheless… He’s all for changing it if the consensus is that everyone wants them brown.

If you guys remember he spent almost 90 minutes discussing with Greg Freres is at pinball expo in a seminar the fact that all games are not the same, nor did they give two craps if they were the same when they were originally built.
They simply didn’t care, and Greg confirmed in front of all who are willing to listen… They didn’t care if there were five variations. They simply wanted to get the games out the door.

I attached a link below.

Good conversation and I confirm there are some exciting titles coming that will for sure be a surprise for all!

Dan

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/10/13/pinball-expo-2017-3/

#2096 2 years ago

Leave feedback here if you prefer brown or flesh skulls…

#2097 2 years ago

I think I actually like the lighter ones after going back and forth. They look closer to the color of a real skull vs the dark ones. The dark ones look like rocks to me.

#2098 2 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Re: Flesh skulls
I talked to Bruce. There were multiple versions that were used in production and there was production variation. Nevertheless… He’s all for changing it if the consensus is that everyone wants them brown.
If you guys remember he spent almost 90 minutes discussing with Greg Freres is at pinball expo in a seminar the fact that all games are not the same, nor did they give two craps if they were the same when they were originally built.
They simply didn’t care, and Greg confirmed in front of all who are willing to listen… They didn’t care if there were five variations. They simply wanted to get the games out the door.
I attached a link below.
Good conversation and I confirm there are some exciting titles coming that will for sure be a surprise for all!
Dan
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/10/13/pinball-expo-2017-3/

That’s funny. I definitely have the brown skulls burned in my brain from playing this as a kid, so to me everything else looks wrong. Flesh color skull is probably wrong. Yes, definitely wrong. Greg is wrong. Brown skull all the way!!!

#2099 2 years ago

Told you some surprise things coming!

747E893A-7087-454A-8AE7-0A8B58980E4B (resized).jpeg747E893A-7087-454A-8AE7-0A8B58980E4B (resized).jpeg

#2100 2 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Told you some surprise things coming!
[quoted image]

Oh my. I wish I could find a roasted one of these. I think a hardtop would mesh perfectly with a lot of these classic stern titles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/42?hl=silverstreak02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.