• Strikes and Spares 38 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 43 votes
    4%
  • Supersonic 34 votes
    3%
  • Grand Lizard 66 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 1010 votes by 596 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 286 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8306a (resized).jpg
20200525_135815 (resized).jpg
IMG_8306a (resized).jpg
IMG_8238 (resized).jpg
20200516_175512 (resized).jpg
ebd2 (resized).jpg
ebd1 (resized).jpg
FEE9C29F-DAB6-4EF5-9A10-332BD960F6EE (resized).jpeg
3CB6E103-5E32-4BA8-BA02-7D5FBB72B4FA (resized).jpeg
IMG_8235a (resized).jpg
IMG_8237 (resized).jpg
IMG_8236a (resized).jpg
screen-capture-10 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8187 (resized).jpg
received_526710804797340 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1518 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.
#1501 13 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Question on the Eight Ball Deluxe hardtop (looks great, BTW....I just laid mine down this afternoon). Is there supposed to be adhesive under the small, narrow clear strip that goes to the outside of the shooter lane? I seem to recall there was on the Mata Hari hardtop I installed last year but there doesn't appear to be on the Eight Ball Deluxe. It'll get secured by the rail set when those are screwed in anyway, just curious.[quoted image]

No ,he did not place adhesive there.

#1502 12 days ago

Evening everyone,

I'm starting my BK install and have both play fields sanded and the jewels polished to 2500 ive seen several post and or videos saying that i should paint black around all the jewels so there is no white wood showing through places that done align correctly my question is should i put a few coats of clear down and then after its cured paint the black and then clear again or just paint and then clear ?

Thanks
Bruce

#1503 12 days ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Evening everyone,
I'm starting my BK install and have both play fields sanded and the jewels polished to 2500 ive seen several post and or videos saying that i should paint black around all the jewels so there is no white wood showing through places that done align correctly my question is should i put a few coats of clear down and then after its cured paint the black and then clear again or just paint and then clear ?
Thanks Bruce

FWIW, I've done two hardtops now (Mata Hari and Eight Ball Deluxe) and neither had ANY alignment issues with inserts resulting in bare wood showing. I did put black outlines around some inserts on the first Mata Hari I did and ran into all sorts of bleeding issues...I'm sure it was my inexperience and a lot of people have had success with it, but in the end I sanded all that off, didn't do the outlines, and the inserts still lined up and came out perfect. Same for EBD...I didn't even attempt at putting down black outlines on that one (just did it yesterday!).

I had other alignment issues with holes that didn't line up with the playfield (in fact a lot are way off and in some cases missing altogether) but that's expected and fairly easily correctable provided you can keep your heart rate down while taking a Dremel to your brand new $300 hardtop.

#1504 10 days ago

Jungle Lord?

#1505 10 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

FWIW, I've done two hardtops now (Mata Hari and Eight Ball Deluxe) and neither had ANY alignment issues with inserts resulting in bare wood showing. I did put black outlines around some inserts on the first Mata Hari I did and ran into all sorts of bleeding issues...I'm sure it was my inexperience and a lot of people have had success with it, but in the end I sanded all that off, didn't do the outlines, and the inserts still lined up and came out perfect. Same for EBD...I didn't even attempt at putting down black outlines on that one (just did it yesterday!).
I had other alignment issues with holes that didn't line up with the playfield (in fact a lot are way off and in some cases missing altogether) but that's expected and fairly easily correctable provided you can keep your heart rate down while taking a Dremel to your brand new $300 hardtop.

Thanks for the feedback I'll have to layout the hardtop and see how it looks it would be great to not have to pain black around the jewels .

Bruce

#1506 8 days ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Alright folks.... I will start a new round thread as well, but as a result of these polls coupled with emailed requests and comments at shows ... Here is the next round. The only wild card is Eight ball Deluxe. I need to confirm rights/permission first.
NEXT UP:
Eight ball Deluxe (pending)
Pinbot
Swords of Fury
Grand Lizard
Blackout
As we grow with titles we will try to do a better job on social media also. We are guilty of being consumed with commercial print work most of the time, and these marketing/communication steps sometimes fall by the wayside when it comes to our beloved pinball efforts.

I can't wait to see the next round of games that will be done once Grand Lizard is finished. I hope Bad Cats makes that list, even if it is another year before it is released.

#1507 7 days ago

Putting the finishing touches on playfield reassembly after installing an EBD hardtop - moving on to cabinet refresh and coin door rebuild next week.

Does anyone know what these holes in the hardtop are for?? I don't have corresponding holes in my playfield, and they're right in the ball path of both in-lanes.

IMG_8306a (resized).jpg
#1508 7 days ago
Quoted from bigfoot53:

Evening everyone,
Thanks
Bruce

The hardtop's black outline is slightly smaller than the jewels on the playfield - which gives it some allowance for mis-alignment with your playfield. I played with the alignment on my BK, and between aligning all of the holes and jewels , and did have a couple of inserts that barely showed wood when viewed at an angle (walk around yours). Ultimately, I used a black sharpie in those areas for a localized touchup, although they will likely fade with time (UV).

#1509 7 days ago

6hrs on the road and I destroyed my car making it fit but I'm home now and plotting my next move......

20200525_135815 (resized).jpg
#1510 7 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

6hrs on the road and I destroyed my car making it fit but I'm home now and plotting my next move......
[quoted image]

How fast were you driving?

#1511 7 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

How fast were you driving?

In the picture? Zero lol
Oic what you did there, High Speed

#1512 7 days ago

There was a siren in my rearview the whole way home

#1513 6 days ago
Quoted from Michel_K17:

The hardtop's black outline is slightly smaller than the jewels on the playfield - which gives it some allowance for mis-alignment with your playfield. I played with the alignment on my BK, and between aligning all of the holes and jewels , and did have a couple of inserts that barely showed wood when viewed at an angle (walk around yours). Ultimately, I used a black sharpie in those areas for a localized touchup, although they will likely fade with time (UV).

Thanks for the information. ran out of clear so waiting on more to arrive, once i clear and it is set i will check alignment and then decide weather to put black outline on or not .

Bruce

#1514 5 days ago

I'm sure this has been asked before regarding the hard tops, but does having the hardtop over the existing playfield effect how to work on plastics, bumpers, etc or change how they operate in gameplay?

I just learned about these hard tops and they are pretty amazing!

#1515 5 days ago

Eight Ball Deluxe hardtop owners....do you have these two holes in your hardtop and playfield? These holes are not in my playfield, wondering if this is a hardtop mistake or if my playfield (1984 "Classic" edition) is different than the 1981 original that was used to make the prototype hardtop.

IMG_8306a (resized).jpg
#1516 5 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Eight Ball Deluxe hardtop owners....do you have these two holes in your hardtop and playfield? These holes are not in my playfield, wondering if this is a hardtop mistake or if my playfield (1984 "Classic" edition) is different than the 1981 original that was used to make the prototype hardtop.[quoted image]

Not sure why they are there but there is nothing that you can do at this point. At least the ball won't hit them. If they really bother you, fill them in with something black to hide them a little. On the hardtops website, you can just barely see indents in these two spots, but they are still filled. Maybe they popped out and are still in the shipping packaging and you could pop them back in?

#1517 5 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure why they are there but there is nothing that you can do at this point. At least the ball won't hit them. If they really bother you, fill them in with something black to hide them a little. On the hardtops website, you can just barely see indents in these two spots, but they are still filled. Maybe they popped out and are still in the shipping packaging and you could pop them back in?

That was a good idea to check the hardtop bag to see if the chads popped out in there, but unfortunately I came up empty. I do plan on filling in those spots with something dark at some point, but I'm hoping to hear from Outside Edge first before I make any mods there. On the plus side, it's not visible from a playing position....only comes into view if you lean forward.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
There are 1518 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside