• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 52 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1309 votes by 789 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5021 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5428 (resized).jpeg
July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 67.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

this is the place to make requests.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Hotdoggin' please!!

Will it make the list even though it is a widebody?

#52 5 years ago

Still waiting for the day Nine Ball makes that list so I can vote for it! (And buy the first one.) And speaking of wide bodies, any chance of an Embryon?

I already spent waaay too many hours restoring my Firepower and Pinbot playfields. And spent waaay too much money on an NOS HS playfield, otherwise I would have bought those three. It’s time for a hardtop!

#53 5 years ago

Flash Gordon would be nice. Just bought one of my Evel Knievel I'll report back when I get that and tell ya what I think.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Will it make the list even though it is a widebody?

I added it when you posted it. Now we wait for approval.

#55 5 years ago

It's simple as "All classic early solid state Bally, Stern and Williams" As long as the price for these stay reasonable they will be worth while making. If the prices get out of hand then they are not worth it.

#56 5 years ago

Quoted from timab2000:Flash Gordon would be nice.

We can always hope.

#57 5 years ago

I would like to see the classic 1980's Stern's, like 9ball, Lightning, etc.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I added it when you posted it. Now we wait for approval.

I hope it gets approved. Thank you.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Ok, its time to add canidates to the list. @robin @forceflow .Please add Eight ball deluxe,Strikes and Spares,Kiss (bally),Supersonic and Grand lizard to the poll. These title have made the list.
Cheers!

I have a pretty alright Supersonic playfield I could strip down and donate to the effort, if needed.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I would like to see the classic 1980's Stern's, like 9ball, Lightning, etc.

as stated in the intro

"We are currently working with Planetary Pinball exclusively, so only Bally /Williams machines can be added at this time. No Sterns, No Gottliebs and so on."

#62 5 years ago

Weird, why can't you do other makes? How can PP force a third party to only make parts for them? How would making parts for old Sterns even impact PP?

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Weird, why can't you do other makes? How can PP force a third party to only make parts for them? How would making parts for old Sterns even impact PP?

Planetary is not forcing anyone. They do not have licensing agreements with anyone else at this time. That does not mean in the future this could change. There are still a lot of B/W titles to be done so bringing on another company's titles is just too much.

#64 5 years ago

Could you add Elektra to the list? Apparently no one has done the upper or lower playfields. Those aren't full size so they may not be too hard to make. Seems like just about everyone needs those. The middle one is already covered so with these all three levels would be great.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Could you add Elektra to the list? Apparently no one has done the upper or lower playfields. Those aren't full size so they may not be too hard to make. Seems like just about everyone needs those. The middle one is already covered so with these all three levels would be great.

Yes, Elektra please.

#67 5 years ago

Pinbot please! I've already got a pf to swap but this seems much easier.

20180614_180202.jpg20180614_180202.jpg20180614_180242.jpg20180614_180242.jpg
#68 5 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Pinbot please! I've already got a pf to swap but this seems much easier.

ITS on the list !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#69 5 years ago

Elektra without a doubt. There are no options, so any solution that comes up will have plenty of shipments, me included.

#70 5 years ago

Voting Spy Hunter....again

#72 5 years ago

Gorgar?

#73 5 years ago

F-14

#74 5 years ago

Heavy Metal Meltdown. Please, please, please.

#76 5 years ago

After Grand Lizard (excited to see it on the poll and doing well!), Embryon would be next on my list. They all seem to have the same wear up in the top left and mine is no diff.

#77 5 years ago

Is there a way to get notified when a title is available to order? Will it be announced on this topic?
Waiting for Swords of Fury
Thank you,
Jim

#78 5 years ago

So once you lay this hardtop down...can it be pulled back up to make adjustments??

Does anyone know??

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

So once you lay this hardtop down...can it be pulled back up to make adjustments??
Does anyone know??

No. Once stuck down, it stays.

#80 5 years ago

If you try to pull it back up ,it will possibly take wood with it.Trust me I played around with enough of these.

#81 5 years ago

So if the hardtop needs a cleaning what product would be recommended. I seem to recall seeing no Novus 1 somewhere, but waxing okay? Thanks!

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

So if the hardtop needs a cleaning what product would be recommended. I seem to recall seeing no Novus 1 somewhere, but waxing okay? Thanks!

Novus 1 would be fine. Wax is A-OK (especially if you want a insanely fast game)!

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

They do not have licensing agreements with anyone else at this time.

I thought classic Stern do not require a license, unless it has a 3rd party license tied to it. Gary Stern does not own the license to the 1970-1980s Sterns games. I believe his ex-wife did but she did not care if anyone makes parts.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I thought classic Stern do not require a license, unless it has a 3rd party license tied to it. Gary Stern does not own the license to the 1970-1980s Sterns games. I believe his ex-wife did but she did not care if anyone makes parts.

Please read post #63:
"Planetary is not forcing anyone. They do not have licensing agreements with anyone else at this time. That does not mean in the future this could change. There are still a lot of B/W titles to be done so bringing on another company's titles is just too much."

#85 5 years ago

How about F-14?

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Bally playboy please

I've got an unpopulated Bally Playboy playfield sitting around if it's needed.

#87 5 years ago

F14 is available in a repro playfield right now.....

#88 5 years ago

Williams Alien Poker would be great.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from action76:

Six Million Dollar Man please.
I commented in the other thread but I thought I should echo it here also.
Thanks.

Six Million Dollar Man +1, please.

1 week later
#90 5 years ago

Nine ball, stern ali

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Nine ball, stern ali

Sorry no Sterns as of yet

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Sorry no Sterns as of yet

When you do start considering Sterns you should look at Meteor. One of the largest produced classic Sterns At 8,300 but no one has ever made a repro playfield. It has been on cprs boutique wishlist for at least a year. Flight 2000 was another high production Stern but Cpr made a playfield for that a few years ago

#93 5 years ago

Another vote from me for Baby Pac-Man!

#94 5 years ago

How does the CPR announcement affect hardtop going forward? Does this mean games that were run in the past (e.g., Taxi) are no longer fair game?

#95 5 years ago

I don't have one yet. But I would think paragon would sell well.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

How does the CPR announcement affect hardtop going forward? Does this mean games that were run in the past (e.g., Taxi) are no longer fair game?

They are catered to two different markets, IMO. CPR is $600-700 + a complete playfield swap. Hardtop is $350 without a complete swap. So, i guess it comes down to time and money for each person.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

No, final approval of titles is decided by Planetary. If a Hardtop has been approved for production and has been made it will always be available.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

They are catered to two different markets, IMO. CPR is $600-700 + a complete playfield swap. Hardtop is $350 without a complete swap. So, i guess it comes down to time and money for each person.

You sir are correct. $300/350 Hardtop is a different market than a $800-1000 playfield

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

Plus other things, such as customer service. So far I have found Outside Edge very friendly, responsive, and helpful, and that goes a long way.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

I understand that, but this is Hardtop's current policy from the original post:

Quoted from Skypilot:

If any of the playfield manufacturers( CPR, Mirco, others) are making or planning on making a playfield it is off limits for us.

If a company has already made the playfield it may qualify for a hardtop. Example=Taxi

This policy, however, is no longer relevant because the new CPR model completely does away with the concept of "runs." CPR will presumably begin making Taxi playfields again immediately. Does that mean it is "off limits" to hardtop again? Can HT never produce a title that CPR has run in the past?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/2?hl=la4s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.