• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 51 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1308 votes by 788 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3322 (resized).jpg
391735939_806303518171699_5751947203509962681_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4605 (resized).jpeg
FP2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 67.
#1302 4 years ago

Just placed my order for a Mata Hari last night cant wait to get it installed!

#1303 4 years ago

Now that I have Space Station.....do Space Station! Lol

#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Now that I have Space Station

Right after F-14 as I have a both of these.

#1305 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Right after F-14 as I have a both of these.

Sounds good to me!

#1306 4 years ago

F-14F-14F-14F-14F-14F-14F-14

#1309 4 years ago

Skypilot Have there been any additional thought on expanding into Gottlieb's?

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

skypilot Have there been any additional thought on expanding into Gottlieb's?

I don’t care how much shit I get for this but I’d buy a Gold Wings hardtop NOW!

#1311 4 years ago

Would a Hardtop make a nice enough piece of wall art until I find the games I'd like to install them in?

#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

skypilot Have there been any additional thought on expanding into Gottlieb's?

That's not a question for me. That's entirely up top Bruce.

#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Would a Hardtop make a nice enough piece of wall art until I find the games I'd like to install them in?

I think the only reason it would be different than a playfield is that in some sections might be clear rather than bare wood. Other than that it would be very close to a hung playfield.

#1314 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I don’t care how much shit I get for this but I’d buy a Gold Wings hardtop NOW!

Dont see too many GW with blown out pf....but space station though....

#1315 4 years ago

Asked about Space Station 3 years ago. Patience is a learned virtue it seems...

#1316 4 years ago

Maybe if we flood the thread with Space Station they cant ignore us any longer. Maybe Space Station will get made. Maybe Space Station wont. Who knows if and when Space Station may or may not be made.

#1317 4 years ago

Still would like to see a set for the Bally Elektra. Just the small upper and small lower who make a lot of people happy.

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I think so if you peeled off the protective coating.

Heck, peel off the back and just stick it to the wall lol (Jk, it will become forever part of your wall).

#1319 4 years ago

Well I can say this, I will take 2 F-14 and 1 Space Station, Please! And 1 EK if I can ever find one to restore!!

#1320 4 years ago

Outside Edge released an image for the upcoming SoF. I'm geeking out guys! Someone post the image here - I'm busy. lol.

#1321 4 years ago

Fine, Ill do it.

FB_IMG_1583446029708 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1583446029708 (resized).jpg
#1322 4 years ago

nevermind

#1323 4 years ago

#1324 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Outside Edge released an image for the upcoming SoF. I'm geeking out guys! Someone post the image here - I'm busy. lol.

Image posted

9045AEE3-FC20-409E-BCE0-C048E59812BD (resized).jpeg9045AEE3-FC20-409E-BCE0-C048E59812BD (resized).jpeg
#1325 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Image posted [quoted image]

Um, could you slow down and wait until I find these games please

#1326 4 years ago

Would definitely love an F-14 hard top. It's my only machine (because it was the only I was practically addicted to as a teenager).

I feel like I'm up to the challenge of installing a hard top but not a full playfield replacement...especially since the underside of these machines can be different depending on if it used the light boards or individual bulbs.

There were 14,000+ of these machines made so there's got to be a solid market for the hard tops!

#1327 4 years ago

I'd also like to suggest Capt. Fantastic, Bally, over 16K produced, solid collectors market...think there would be good demand
BTW - also have an EBD HT, great product, appreciate the time and effort to get this going

#1329 4 years ago

Any chance we will see a Whirlwind Hardtop in the future?
Also, wait until the fall to realease Blackout please. It was my first pin and I'm too broke to replace it right now lol.

#1330 4 years ago

I missed out on the Meteor run from CPR. I’d certainly buy a hardtop if it became available. And Dolly Parton, too.

#1331 4 years ago

Meteor hardtop would be awesome, but I won't hold my breath.

Quoted from seeburg220:

I missed out on the Meteor run from CPR. I’d certainly buy a hardtop if it became available. And Dolly Parton, too.

#1332 4 years ago
Quoted from Vahalas:

Would definitely love an F-14 hard top. It's my only machine (because it was the only I was practically addicted to as a teenager).
I feel like I'm up to the challenge of installing a hard top but not a full playfield replacement...especially since the underside of these machines can be different depending on if it used the light boards or individual bulbs.
There were 14,000+ of these machines made so there's got to be a solid market for the hard tops!

Holding out hope that F14 makes the list eventually. I want to pull my mylar because it's gross but I refuse to even attempt until I know a hardtop option is available in the event that I (very likely) ruin it. I refuse to even consider touching mine up or swapping it out.

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Finally pulled the trigger ordered a hardtop for my space shuttle Friday, built a rotisserie over the weekend , and started The top side tear down today.

Do you have plans for a rotisserie build?

Thinking if/when I go the Hardtop route for my HIghSpeed I will need one.

#1334 4 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Do you have plans for a rotisserie build?
Thinking if/when I go the Hardtop route for my HIghSpeed I will need one.

Definitely do. I didn't, because I'm stubborn, and maneuvering this thing around how I need it has been very frustrating. Do it right, build a rotisserie for sure.

#1335 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Definitely do. I didn't, because I'm stubborn, and maneuvering this thing around how I need it has been very frustrating. Do it right, build a rotisserie for sure.

Difficult to build? Willing to share your plans?

#1336 4 years ago

Difficult to build? Willing to share your plans?

If you don't want to build your own, this is a very well made and affordable one built on demand by a fellow pinsider:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped

#1337 4 years ago

I'm dug in at this point, almost done with reassembly and will be putting the playfield back in the cab (for good--it's technically in there right now but it's getting pulled back out this weekend to finish assembly). But I could have really saved myself some headache if I had just built the damn rotisserie. Don't be like me

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

If you don't want to build your own, this is a very well made and affordable one built on demand by a fellow pinsider:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gauging-interest-in-all-metal-pf-rotisseries-for-18000-shipped

Ya I saw that one.
looked at a few other threads on them and saw someone post that the cost for building one was not much less than buying one of those. Just checked the FB marketplace near me and found a wooden one that I may grab for $50

#1339 4 years ago

Ya I saw that one.
looked at a few other threads on them and saw someone post that the cost for building one was not much less than buying one of those. Just checked the FB marketplace near me and found a wooden one that I may grab for $50

That's what I did, don't have any plans, I just checked out the wooden one from that site and built it with wood that I have laying around and 28 bucks in Hardware .it's not pretty, I'm no Carpenter but it's done the job super well and she's been spinning on that for almost a month now. Screwed it directly into the table once the Playfield was in place so I don't get any sideways movement.
20200211_100930 (resized).jpg20200211_100930 (resized).jpg

#1340 4 years ago

I designed my own wooden rotisserie for ~$50 a few years ago, and it has served me very well:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-awesome-50-diy-rotisserie-or-rotezel

My first restore was in-cab and a quick "don't do that again" lesson. Definitely get a rotisserie. You don't always even have to remove the harness or all mechs for many things, but full-surround access makes things a lot easier, and you can even plug the pf into the game for troubleshooting.

#1342 4 years ago

So here is my BK with the lower and upper hardtops installed. Eveything went smooth as silk, and I could not be more happy with the product.

This is also my Pindoc rotissere that I have been producing for Pinheads for the past few months. Pretty sure its the most economical one out there, and likely also has the best features and construction.

Anyone interested can find more information here:

But as said. Using a rotisserie whether it be bought or made, really makes the hardtop installation a whole lot better.

Next build starts in 2 weeks.
20200222_171951 (resized).jpg20200222_171951 (resized).jpg20200222_171515 (resized).jpg20200222_171515 (resized).jpg20200224_072435 (resized).jpg20200224_072435 (resized).jpg

20200222_171951 (resized).jpg20200222_171951 (resized).jpg
#1343 4 years ago

Oooh, I hadn't seen how your rotisseries turned out. That's quite nice actually! Especially cool that the ends slide on the bottom rails... I haven't seen a tube rotisserie do that. The quick-release cam for rotating is neat too. I still prefer no floor bracing between the ends (just a personal pref) but yours looks the best of such designs I've seen.

#1344 4 years ago

I built the Skypilot rotisserie a few years ago and added big rubber coasters and a PVC up and over that holds a 2 X 4 LED light panel. It is AWESOME!

#1345 4 years ago

Nice to see SOF is ready for purchase. Looking forward to seeing what's next in the pipeline.

Probably makes more sense to produce hardtops for widely produced games like F-14, because you'll likely sell more. But there is also value in producing these hardtops for classic lower run titles that other companies won't reproduce playfields for too.

Hopefully you guy consider looking at releasing more classic widebody hardtops for owners who really need them, like Embryon. And I think you'd have a goldmine of sales on your hands if you reproduced classic Stern hardtops (like Nine Ball, Cheetah, etc) as well.

Loving the hardtop on my Mata Hari. Keep up the great work in 2020 guys!

#1346 4 years ago

Baam! Just ordered two of those SoF's!

#1348 4 years ago

Im ready to order my SOF hardtop just concerned when they will be shipping? I emailed to see if they were ready to ship but no response. With the way this new virus is blowing up all of the businesses and sports and now my company shifting everyone to work from home I just don`t want to throw out $300 bucks and wait till this new issue blows over to be able to get it. I would love to get started on it asap since my machine has been torn down and ready for these to release for the past couple of years.

#1349 4 years ago

Anybody looking for a Firepower project that needs a hardtop just PM me.

#1350 4 years ago

I wasn't told NOT to share this....

received_259217015072091 (resized).jpegreceived_259217015072091 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jupiter, FL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Boards
Troxel Repair
Boards
$ 10.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
£ 185.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/27?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.