• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 52 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1309 votes by 789 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5021 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5428 (resized).jpeg
July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 67.
#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Any of you guy considering bringing your beauties to the "HardTop Homecoming" at PinBrew in April?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outside-edge-to-host-hardtop-homecoming-at-pinbrew-2020

I'd like to get in with my Comet

#1252 4 years ago

Laser Cue please...

#1253 4 years ago

Pulling for Fathom and/or Silverball Mania...

#1254 4 years ago

Damn, I wish you had a Laser War hard top option!!!! Great Work!

#1256 4 years ago

Still waiting for a Firepower II !!

#1257 4 years ago

Realistically..how many titles can they release in a year? Just wondering how long some of the lower voted options will take.. like Silverball Mania!

#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Night Rider please

CPR has playfields on the way, just fyi -

#1259 4 years ago

What is it so far....three new titles this month alone? Any chance Outside Edge can keep up with that pace this year?

#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Still waiting for a Firepower II !!

THIS^^
Firepower Little brother needs one to there all roached out down the middle!

#1261 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#1262 4 years ago

Another late to the game question:

I am prepping a Firepower for application of the hardtop. It is clear to me what to do with cupped inserts as well as sunken insert - sand the cupped to flat. And I would choose to fill the sunken portions until flat with the playfield.

However, I have a few cupped inserts that are loose, too.

I have been reading this guide -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-hardtop-restoration
- and he replaced all his inserts. Most the problems with my pin are the triangle inserts. I could replace them. Or remove, sand, then re-glue in place. Suggestions?

The large 'hot dog' inserts seem to be fine.

I suspect if I replace any of the triangle inserts, I should replace them all since getting an exact match might be tough. Newer ones seem to be 'starburst', I suspect.

IMG_7159 (resized).jpegIMG_7159 (resized).jpegIMG_7160 (resized).jpegIMG_7160 (resized).jpegIMG_7166 (resized).jpegIMG_7166 (resized).jpegIMG_7167 (resized).jpegIMG_7167 (resized).jpegIMG_7168 (resized).jpegIMG_7168 (resized).jpegIMG_7169 (resized).jpegIMG_7169 (resized).jpegIMG_7170 (resized).jpegIMG_7170 (resized).jpeg
#1263 4 years ago

Here's my FP I did last year and did put all new star bursts inserts in and clear roll overs so you can put in color changers with them. It really make the playfield pop!

F90A8E4F-17B0-4E13-A634-9D497AA64D6C (resized).jpegF90A8E4F-17B0-4E13-A634-9D497AA64D6C (resized).jpeg
#1264 4 years ago
DSC01209 (resized).JPGDSC01209 (resized).JPG
#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

Another late to the game question:
I am prepping a Firepower for application of the hardtop. It is clear to me what to do with cupped inserts as well as sunken insert - sand the cupped to flat. And I would choose to fill the sunken portions until flat with the playfield.
However, I have a few cupped inserts that are loose, too.
I have been reading this guide -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-hardtop-restoration
- and he replaced all his inserts. Most the problems with my pin are the triangle inserts. I could replace them. Or remove, sand, then re-glue in place. Suggestions?
The large 'hot dog' inserts seem to be fine.
I suspect if I replace any of the triangle inserts, I should replace them all since getting an exact match might be tough. Newer ones seem to be 'starburst', I suspect.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Im restoring a Firepower playfield and those inserts pop out really easy with some heat blown from the back. If i were you i would just pop out the ones that are bad, and just flatten them with heat also then glue them back in.

#1266 4 years ago

I used two part epoxy and wide clamps from harbor freight to glue them down.

#1267 4 years ago

I'm threatening to actually get around to replacing inserts on my Blackout. All of the arrows/triangles are starburst.
I was thinking about clear and bought clear round inserts, then I bought jeweled inserts. Both of those are harder to find in all of the colors and sized you need.
In the end, I have starburst inserts for every colored insert. I think it will look better in the long run.

#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I'm threatening to actually get around to replacing inserts on my Blackout. All of the arrows/triangles are starburst.
I was thinking about clear and bought clear round inserts, then I bought jeweled inserts. Both of those are harder to find in all of the colors and sized you need.
In the end, I have starburst inserts for every colored insert. I think it will look better in the long run.

If you change them save your old inserts. If any are decent I’d be interested in buying them. I need to remove some of my inserts to sand flat and reglue. I may need spares and would prefer to stay original.

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

If you change them save your old inserts. If any are decent I’d be interested in buying them. I need to remove some of my inserts to sand flat and reglue. I may need spares and would prefer to stay original.

Sorry, I already tossed them a few weeks ago. They were cupped badly.

#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I swapped them out on a Blackout and still have the originals. They'd need to be sanded but they're yours if you can use them.

#1271 4 years ago

Has the blackout hardtop been released? I looked on the outside edge site and didn't see it listed. Just picked up a blackout and would love to spare myself the aggravation of insert leveling, or buying a pf protector if a hardtop is available (or coming very soon)...

#1272 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Has the blackout hardtop been released? I looked on the outside edge site and didn't see it listed. Just picked up a blackout and would love to spare myself the aggravation of insert leveling, or buying a pf protector if a hardtop is available (or coming very soon)...

Last I heard it was going to be in "late 2019" for Blackout.

I've been sitting on one for almost a year waiting for the hardtop...

#1273 4 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

I swapped them out on a Blackout and still have the originals. They'd need to be sanded but they're yours if you can use them.

That would be awesome. Mine need to be sanded and I’ve been putting it off. Mainly because if I mess any up I couldn’t match them.

#1274 4 years ago

Just waiting for it to warm up here in Michigan to get this started.

20200211_180652[1] (resized).jpg20200211_180652[1] (resized).jpg
#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from mc8045:

Just waiting for it to warm up here in Michigan to get this started.[quoted image]

Don't need warm air to tear down and sand that playfield.

#1276 4 years ago

Finally pulled the trigger ordered a hardtop for my space shuttle Friday, built a rotisserie over the weekend , and started The top side tear down today.

#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Don't need warm air to tear down and sand that playfield.

Prefer knocking it out in a couple days that way it's much harder to misplace parts. I cant clear inserts until it warms up so I'm waiting.

Also there is a tournament at my place in a few weeks and need everything up and running.

#1278 4 years ago
Quoted from mc8045:

Prefer knocking it out in a couple days that way it's much harder to misplace parts. I cant clear inserts until it warms up so I'm waiting.
Also there is a tournament at my place in a few weeks and need everything up and running.

You don't need to clear them, you can just sand up to 3000 grit and polish them.

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

You don't need to clear them, you can just sand up to 3000 grit and polish them.

I know you dont have to but my shooter lane needs to be sanded and cleared anyway it looks like crap. Sanding up to 3000 and polishing seems like a lot more work honestly. Also I need to sand it in a garage that's about 30 degrees right now, I do have a propane heater but I'll just wait.

#1280 4 years ago

I was just trying to help motivate you. I know sometimes I come home from work tired and need a kick in the ass to get some things done.

#1281 4 years ago

Any word on Flash?

#1282 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballemporium:

Any word on Flash?

Apparently it's right after silverball mania

#1283 4 years ago

Funhouse!

#1284 4 years ago

Life is good!

20200212_172127 (resized).jpg20200212_172127 (resized).jpg20200212_015457 (resized).jpg20200212_015457 (resized).jpg
#1285 4 years ago

Hi,

Don´t you please have any reseller in the Europe? I am looking for SS hardtop.

Thank you!

1 week later
#1286 4 years ago

Im sorry these videos got lost in the mix. They are back up an we will produce a few more with better quality to help everyone install their amazing Hardtops.

#1290 4 years ago

Any chance you might do a Cyclone?

#1291 4 years ago

Applied my EBD Hardtop this weekend and now starting re-assembly slowly but surely.

Having previously done a space shuttle I did notice a difference in the new adhesive. It seemed goopier/more stringy than the 3M. In the end it went down the same but definitely had bits of it that wanted to stay adhered to the backing and kind of stretched as I peeled back.

But whatever, the results are still beautiful and oh so much easier to apply than a flimsy vinyl overlay.

6B20B98B-E631-4C98-9EC8-FA11B44845C8 (resized).jpeg6B20B98B-E631-4C98-9EC8-FA11B44845C8 (resized).jpeg
#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Im sorry these videos got lost in the mix. They are back up an we will produce a few more with better quality to help everyone install their amazing Hardtops.

the videos are gone

#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

the videos are gone

Not sure what happened but they seem to be back up. I love Google

#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Not sure what happened but they seem to be back up. I love Google

I'm not seeing one for SoF. What happened?

#1297 4 years ago

Wonder if Strikes and spares will get produced this year?

#1298 4 years ago

I would also love to see a Grand Lizard.

#1299 4 years ago

Did you start recording it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 4,600.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/26?hl=eagle18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.