• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 52 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1309 votes by 789 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5021 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5428 (resized).jpeg
July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 67.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

You are over thinking this as all you need to do is get the hardtop set where it best fits the inserts and then tape it down. Take a sharpie and mark the side of hole where it needs to be ground out. Remove the hardtop and take a drill and small bit and egg shape the hole so you can get access to the hole. Set the hardtop back on and double check to make sure all holes are accessible Make sure all plastic dust is gone before you stick the hardtop down.

Ah, OK. This is what I was thinking. Modify the hard top holes to allow access to the homes already in the Playfield. Thanks for the clarification!

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Really Pinbot???? Ok I am going to stop holding by breath for SOF. Thought this thing would have been made way before these other titles.

The poll numbers would suggest that SOF would and should be farther down the list:
High Speed- 133 (done)
Eight Ball Deluxe- 104 (done)
Pinbot- 99 (soon)
Firepower- 95 (done)
Grand Lizard- 59 (nothing announced)
SOF- 58 (nothing announced, hopefully they'll think about it right after Grand Lizard)

The only outlier that I can see re:production queue is Mata Hari, which was created quite early considering it only got 39 votes in the poll.

Just be glad you're not sitting on a lowly Supersonic with a vote total of 29. I'll be dusty by the time that one gets squeezed out! (which is A.O.K. with me. I'm just glad they are making these things for us, in whichever order they see fit).

#1153 4 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

The poll numbers would suggest that SOF would and should be farther down the list:
High Speed- 133 (done)
Eight Ball Deluxe- 104 (done)
Pinbot- 99 (soon)
Firepower- 95 (done)
Grand Lizard- 59 (nothing announced)
SOF- 58 (nothing announced, hopefully they'll think about it right after Grand Lizard)
The only outlier that I can see re:production queue is Mata Hari, which was created quite early considering it only got 39 votes in the poll.
Just be glad you're not sitting on a lowly Supersonic with a vote total of 29. I'll be dusty by the time that one gets squeezed out! (which is A.O.K. with me. I'm just glad they are making these things for us, in whichever order they see fit).

I hear ya. Its just that there are games that have been made that have cpr playfields available for them like my xenon that got a new playfield. I know its not from a business standpoint but some of our playfields will never be reproduced due to cost vs demand. So the hardtop is a great alternative, early on over a year ago SOF was listed as one of the 1st 5 titles they were going to make, now it seems to have fallen off the bandwagon per se...….

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

The poll numbers would suggest that

I personally voted for F-14 at least 100 times. F14F14F14F14F14F14F14F14

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

now it seems to have fallen off the bandwagon

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#1156 4 years ago

I'm also waiting on supersonic. Seems like it would be an easy one to crank out. I wish they'd at least let us know if it is or isn't in the works so I could decide to repaint it the old fashioned way.

#1157 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

[quoted image][quoted image]

YESSSSSSSSS SOF & Pinbot coming soon!? I'm buying both.

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

I'm also waiting on supersonic. Seems like it would be an easy one to crank out. I wish they'd at least let us know if it is or isn't in the works so I could decide to repaint it the old fashioned way.

My supersonic was in terrible shape (not just missing artwork, but deep gouges as well). I filled it all in and sanded it smooth, then placed one of those vinyl overlays you see on eBay. Of course it bubbled up and warped in short order like the piece of sh!t that it is. I had to then create a custom Lexan protector for the overlay but I’m still not happy with the entire mess. In the case of this particular title the artwork is so simple I’ve considered pulling the protector and the overlay, sanding it smooth again and setting it up on an easel in front of the TV. Then I’ll fire up an old episode of Bob Ross and try to paint the same scene he is painting directly on the playfield (while making it fit the weird dimensions of course). Or maybe I’ll just wait.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

What would make it "an easy one to crank out"?

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

What would make it "an easy one to crank out"?

Artwork-wise, it’s just geometric shapes. Very simple artwork. I believe that is what he is alluding to.

#1161 4 years ago

I think diner should be on the list. Seems like they are either excellent or beat.

#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Artwork-wise, it’s just geometric shapes. Very simple artwork. I believe that is what he is alluding to.

Figured something like that. Just found it an amusing comment. I write software for a living and have customers (or potential ones) telling me all the time that what they're asking for "shouldn't be to hard" or "shouldn't take that long".

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

My supersonic was in terrible shape (not just missing artwork, but deep gouges as well). I filled it all in and sanded it smooth, then placed one of those vinyl overlays you see on eBay. Of course it bubbled up and warped in short order like the piece of sh!t that it is. I had to then create a custom Lexan protector for the overlay but I’m still not happy with the entire mess. In the case of this particular title the artwork is so simple I’ve considered pulling the protector and the overlay, sanding it smooth again and setting it up on an easel in front of the TV. Then I’ll fire up an old episode of Bob Ross and try to paint the same scene he is painting directly on the playfield (while making it fit the weird dimensions of course). Or maybe I’ll just wait.

Did you clear coat it? I had one that bubbled and wrinkled after clearing it. It was a reaction to something in the clear I used. The seller replaced it, and I have had no issues with the replacement.

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Did you clear coat it? I had one that bubbled and wrinkled after clearing it. It was a reaction to something in the clear I used. The seller replaced it, and I have had no issues with the replacement.

Assuming that it would need to be protected, I did. Of course there was nothing that came with it suggesting that I shouldn't (which I would've adhered to). But all is well, I'll get it back into shape eventually.

#1166 4 years ago

I just took a picture, sent it and explained, and the seller sent a new one. I have talked to several people that just wax theirs and are happy with it. I opted for a playfield protector.

#1167 4 years ago

Blackout has a good following and more votes than sof

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Really Pinbot???? Ok I am going to stop holding by breath for SOF. Thought this thing would have been made way before these other titles.

Space Shuttle 7000
Taxi 7300
High speed 17000
Comet 8100
Pinbot 12000
Xenon 11000
Black Knight 13000
Future spa 6400
Firepower 17000
Evil Knievil 14000
Mata Hari 16000
Wizard 10000
EBD 8200

Pharaoh 2500
Frontier 1800
Swords of Fury 2700

Three of these are not Like the others......
so there is Hope

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

In the case of this particular title the artwork is so simple I’ve considered pulling the protector and the overlay, sanding it smooth again and setting it up on an easel in front of the TV. Then I’ll fire up an old episode of Bob Ross and try to paint the same scene he is painting directly on the playfield (while making it fit the weird dimensions of course). Or maybe I’ll just wait.

Nah, I recommend you do the first one, but only if you put on a perm wig and post a video going through the process.

#1170 4 years ago

Doing Ebd now it fits like a glove thank you outside edge.ive also did a frontier I bet I have at least 500 games on it still looks new.i personally would love to see a night rider down the road

#1171 4 years ago

How about doing Harlem Globetrotters and Paragon?

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Im in for a paragon as well.

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Problem would be CPR just did Harlem and are in the process of finalizing Paragon. But, I guess Xenon came through, so one never knows.

#1174 4 years ago

Skylab. There. I said it.

#1175 4 years ago

I would definitely do a Paragon HT over a pf.

#1176 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Problem would be CPR just did Harlem and are in the process of finalizing Paragon. But, I guess Xenon came through, so one never knows.

Shouldn’t be a problem. Most people that are gonna is a hardtop probably wouldn’t buy a playfield in the first place. Let’s face it. Most of these classic games are just not financially worth spending the price of a new playfield. And it’s also nice to have different choices.

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Shouldn’t be a problem. Most people that are gonna is a hardtop probably wouldn’t buy a playfield in the first place. Let’s face it. Most of these classic games are just not financially worth spending the price of a new playfield. And it’s also nice to have different choices.

Their words, not mine. So, Harlem would be a possibility but Paragon would be off limits (for now).

Quoted from Skypilot:

We are currently working with Planetary Pinball exclusively, so only Bally /Williams machines can be added at this time. No Sterns, No Gottliebs and so on.
If any of the playfield manufacturers( CPR, Mirco, others) are making or planning on making a playfield it is off limits for us.
If a company has already made the playfield it may qualify for a hardtop. Example=Taxi

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Their words, not mine. So, Harlem would be a possibility but Paragon would be off limits (for now).

Paragon is a Bally too though.

#1179 4 years ago

Before and after. More work to do, but getting there.

20200104_145855 (resized).jpg20200104_145855 (resized).jpg20200105_194814 (resized).jpg20200105_194814 (resized).jpg
#1180 4 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Before and after. More work to do, but getting there. [quoted image][quoted image]

Original PF didn't look too bad.

#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Original PF didn't look too bad.

Yeah, hard to see in that pic, but it looked like the victim of mylar removal gone bad.
Lots of missing art and bad touchup.
It was bad, but looked sort of OK at first glance.
Much better now.

#1182 4 years ago

I hope my Comet looks as good as this after 24 years and 42000 plays (similar comcept)...

20200106_164901 (resized).jpg20200106_164901 (resized).jpg
#1183 4 years ago

Xenon started shipping today folks! That title is ready for order.

It’s official... next up, Pinbot! Picture/clue to come soon

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Xenon started shipping today folks! That title is ready for order.
It’s official... next up, Pinbot! Picture/clue to come soon

Yesssssssss

#1185 4 years ago

Sweet! Can't wait to order pinbot!

#1186 4 years ago

How often do reprints get ran?
I’m looking for a Flash Gordon hardtop.

#1187 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You may reach out to sky pilot on this site.

#1188 4 years ago

Glad to see more and more of these coming out! Now get to F-14 already would ya!

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Glad to see more and more of these coming out! Now get to F-14 already would ya!

F14 for sure! At this rate the majority of my machines will have hardtops.

#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

LOL!
Just do a modern art splat. Can't be too hard and will fit anything.

playful-spring-colorful-happy-abstract-art-painting-modern-art-prints (resized).jpgplayful-spring-colorful-happy-abstract-art-painting-modern-art-prints (resized).jpg
#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from radium:

F14 for sure! At this rate the majority of my machines will have hardtops.

3 of my 5 will be sporting hardtops

#1192 4 years ago

Pinbot next....okay. Fine.

Anyone want to buy a Cyclone with an UGLY painted over cabinet that looks like it was actually at an abandoned carnival, mediocre playfield (mostly covered by mylar so missing typical wear in lower half, BUT there are popped inserts on the right side that need to be pushed down and re-glued..), and may have some slight reset issues (have not investigated yet. Probably just old caps/bridges and a connector repin.)....say.... 1200?

I'm tired of waiting on a hardtop that never seems to be coming, and CPR doesn't seem to have any intention of rerunning the playfield either.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Anyone want to buy a Cyclone with an UGLY painted over cabinet that looks like it was actually at an abandoned carnival, mediocre playfield (mostly covered by mylar so missing typical wear in lower half, BUT there are popped inserts on the right side that need to be pushed down and re-glued..), and may have some slight reset issues (have not investigated yet. Probably just old caps/bridges and a connector repin.)....say.... 1200?
I'm tired of waiting on a hardtop that never seems to be coming, and CPR doesn't seem to have any intention of rerunning the playfield either.

there's no crying in pinball. First world problems!

#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Apparently, despite originally saying titles would be available in perpetuity and not done in "runs" like playfield manufacturers, FG was a short run and not reprinted.

Maybe CPR will print one for you on their magical mythical playfield printer?

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I understand this feeling. I made a very similar statement about my High Speed while Outside Edge was shut down. I'm happy I waited and my game is coming together well. Give them a chance. They're a small outfit and still ramping up.

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Skypilot has already said that he will be doing another run of FG. The first run was only sold by skypilot so contact him directly

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

there's no crying in pinball. First world problems!

Crying? No. I just want something more useful than having a 300lb deadweight sitting in my living room that can't be restored. That's property tax money. That's TPF expenses money.

Stop being a <body part>.

Quoted from RCA1:

I understand this feeling. I made a very similar statement about my High Speed while Outside Edge was shut down. I'm happy I waited and my game is coming together well. Give them a chance. They're a small outfit and still ramping up.

No. It's taking up valuable space and money, and I don't even play the thing because I don't want to look at it or invest any time or money fixing it up in the current state without a playfield solution. If it's not being restored, it needs to go. I really want a nice Cyclone, but without someone making the parts, it makes more sense to let someone else have it on the cheap and just find me a nice one. I don't have a garage, so I can't repaint cabinets myself anyways.

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Crying? No. I just want something more useful than having a 300lb deadweight sitting in my living room that can't be restored. That's property tax money. That's TPF expenses money.

No. It's taking up valuable space and money, and I don't even play the thing because I don't want to look at it or invest any time or money fixing it up in the current state without a playfield solution. If it's not being restored, it needs to go. I really want a nice Cyclone, but without someone making the parts, it makes more sense to let someone else have it on the cheap and just find me a nice one. I don't have a garage, so I can't repaint cabinets myself anyways.

Sold mine last year for the some of the same reasons. Playfield was the worst out of all my games. Didn't play it that much and needed room for something new.

#1199 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

But you can't hold this company accountable for a machine that is sitting in your possession. A game that you seem to despise in it's current state. Best sell it and use the proceeds to fund one you will enjoy.

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

Best sell it and use the proceeds to fund one you will enjoy.

..........isn't that what I said?

Love Cyclone. It was the first pin I ever had at home, when I was 14. Hate the fact that I overpaid for the game I have thinking I was going to be able to get parts for it. I was wrong. No big deal, just move on. So....who wants to pick this thing up at TPF?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 29.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 4,600.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.