• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 52 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1309 votes by 789 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5021 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5428 (resized).jpeg
July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 67.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Looks like my Black Knight! I need to get my hardtop installed an get this project done!
[quoted image]

I think this is the best way to prep, just to be sure there is no wood rising from screw holes or any other anomalies that could cause a problem.

#1102 4 years ago

Any chance of getting the upper and lower playfield hardtops for Elektra? Those are always blown out. I could use a set to restore my game.

#1103 4 years ago

Do we think pinbot is after 8 ball deluxe?

#1104 4 years ago

Based on the website hint, the next title looks to be Xenon (Z None).

I don't see this title on the 'next titles' list...

Oh well, hopefully production has been refined and we will see frequent titles completed. Still holding on or SOF.

#1105 4 years ago

I feel your pain. I am waiting on F-14 “patiently”! Well 2 F-14’s

#1106 4 years ago

F-1414141414141414141414!

#1107 4 years ago

Eight-ball Deluxe ordered, looking forward to it, the space shuttle hard top still looking and playing great!

#1108 4 years ago

At one point, Outside Edge said that Grand Lizard would be released (fairly) soon, but I haven't heard a word since then. Really hoping that one pans out, my upper playfield is toast.

#1109 4 years ago

They said Blackout was supposed to be "late in 2019"...of course it isn't going to get much later in 2019...

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from BRW84:

At one point, Outside Edge said that Grand Lizard would be released (fairly) soon, but I haven't heard a word since then. Really hoping that one pans out, my upper playfield is toast.

I'm sure they'll get there. I'll be purchasing a Grand Lizard HT as well once available. In order to enhance my patience, I hid it way in the back of my storage area, right behind Supersonic (which also, waiting for a HT).

#1112 4 years ago

I’m hoping Blackout is just the last design being worked out before new ones are added and it didn’t get dropped for some reason.

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

I'm sure they'll get there. I'll be purchasing a Grand Lizard HT as well once available. In order to enhance my patience, I hid it way in the back of my storage area, right behind Supersonic (which also, waiting for a HT).

I hid mine away too. But not in the back.

#1114 4 years ago
IMG_20191221_141755 (resized).jpgIMG_20191221_141755 (resized).jpg95cf556ecd41a690fa55f07e9351d7461df8c047 (resized).jpeg95cf556ecd41a690fa55f07e9351d7461df8c047 (resized).jpeg
#1115 4 years ago

How about that! Glad to see they are arriving. Post install pictures when you can

#1116 4 years ago

Really surprised I got mine so fast. I said I'd be a day one order but actually waited several days to place it because I was busy yelling at my high speed PF that continues to fight me.

I definitely can't wait to get rolling on EBD..I've not shopped mine at all and it's bad enough that the left flipper doesn't even have proper extension... Lol. It's rough.

The hardtop looks gorgeous and I'm interested to see what differences are like in the new adhesive.

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I'm interested to see what differences are like in the new adhesive.

What new adhesive ? Tell me all about it.
What’s different ?

#1118 4 years ago

I have no idea. Just saw the note inside the plastic to NOT touch the adhesive and that it was new.

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

What new adhesive ? Tell me all about it.
What’s different ?

We have had single digit occurrences of a Hardtop popping up over hundreds and hundreds sold. That said, we are ALWAYS looking to improve the product and open the margin for error or failure.

That said, we have tested and approved a new adhesive that increases even more, the bond strength. What we had was great, but this should make it even more unlikely a Hardtop would ever have a small area that it pops up.

The adhesive is extremely aggressive on the new version, and simply following the directions should easily enough provide a successful install.

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

We have had single digit occurrences of a Hardtop popping up over hundreds and hundreds sold. That said, we are ALWAYS looking to improve the product and open the margin for error or failure.
That said, we have tested and approved a new adhesive that increases even more, the bond strength. What we had was great, but this should make it even more unlikely a Hardtop would ever have a small area that it pops up.
The adhesive is extremely aggressive on the new version, and simply following the directions should easily enough provide a successful install.

Good stuff as always. I thought that was the case but wanted to give you the opportunity to put the word out exactly as you intended.

I can't wait to finish my high speed and start on eight ball deluxe. 60% of my machines (3 of 5) will be sporting your product lol

#1121 4 years ago

Installation prep question:

On my Mata Hari, I'm worried that the original pop bumper nails are not countersunk far enough into the playfield. They might be an issue when the hardtop is put down & it wont lie perfectly flat. I have new replacement nails, but they will probably be difficult to remove. So I’m just wondering what others have done in this scenario. I'm leaning towards removing & countersinking the new nails.

Or perhaps with the original nails located under the skirt, it won't be an issue if they aren't countersunk?
NAILS (resized).jpegNAILS (resized).jpeg

#1122 4 years ago

I'm not removing my nails at all.

#1123 4 years ago

After putting on the hardtop, you won't be able to remove the pop bumper nails. I put in new ones in my Space Shuttle when I did the hardtop. I didn't counter sink them, I just hammered them really flat against the playfield.

#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Installation prep question:
On my Mata Hari, I'm worried that the original pop bumper nails are not countersunk far enough into the playfield. They might be an issue when the hardtop is put down & it wont lie perfectly flat. I have new replacement nails, but they will probably be difficult to remove. So I’m just wondering what others have done in this scenario. I'm leaning towards removing & countersinking the new nails.
Or perhaps with the original nails located under the skirt, it won't be an issue if they aren't countersunk?
[quoted image]

You use a dremel to enlarge the holes slightly in the hard top to allow the nails to come out. You could also read post 350 where vid explains his solution

#1125 4 years ago

Post 380 isn’t vids

6FE1AF68-3C08-4CC2-B551-1470AE000CF5 (resized).png6FE1AF68-3C08-4CC2-B551-1470AE000CF5 (resized).png
#1126 4 years ago

Sorry....#350

#1128 4 years ago

I noticed last night that the MH hardtop has holes for the pop nail heads, unlike some previous hardtops like that space shuttle. So It might not matter if they are flush. I'll have to do a test fitting tonight.

#1129 4 years ago

Hi All! Well... We have Xenon about ready to launch. We are just adjusting a few more things before we produce the first prototype to be installed. It won't be long now!

IMG_0213 (resized).jpgIMG_0213 (resized).jpg
#1130 4 years ago

Awesome news! Xenon looks great! And that pinbot surely can't be an accident!

#1131 4 years ago

I've never played on a HT before but by Joe one would have to think this would eliminate all "current" play field issues aka clear coat cracking/pooling, artwork chipping off with clear and hiding the wood swelling showing grain and not to added the benefit of never needing to do another PF swap. I'm surprised that all the pin manufacturers aren't lining up to make this happen on every pin going forward unless there's a serious difference in playability?
My God, the production costs would drop significantly and they "could" pass that savings onto the consumer. Now that I've said that out loud, makes me wonder if DeepRoot will be using these guys' service/product. Hmmmmm....

#1132 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

My God, the production costs would drop significantly and they "could" pass that savings onto the consumer. HAHAHAHAHA... look at Stern, cheapened everything up and cost went up. You’ll never see a price drop. Besides, long term hasn’t been proven yet.

#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

After putting on the hardtop, you won't be able to remove the pop bumper nails. I put in new ones in my Space Shuttle when I did the hardtop. I didn't counter sink them, I just hammered them really flat against the playfield.

I would NOT recommend this. It is no different than some of the clear coat guys who will clear coat over hardware (like T-nuts). If this hardware ever needs to be replaced, it will now be under the hardtop.

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I would NOT recommend this. It is no different than some of the clear coat guys who will clear coat over hardware (like T-nuts). If this hardware ever needs to be replaced, it will now be under the hardtop.

Yeah after looking I pulled the old nails. No big deal, they came right out. I'll just countersink properly & install new nails.

The only other thing is deciding what to use to protect the exposed wood areas in the shooter lane. Leaning towards a wipe-on polyurathane. Too cold now & don't want to deal with Spraymax 2k.

#1135 4 years ago

Hey all, new to this group but need your help. Decided to HT my High Speed and noticed some alignment issues. Has anyone else had to deal with this. I’m thinking that I’ll need to open the play field slots to align with the HT slots. Everything else looks pretty good.
I did change the tach to read correctly, but other than that issue, haven’t seen anybody complaining. Can’t wait to get HS back in the stable so I put is appreciated.

4407433A-6276-420E-B23A-AD2626177CE9 (resized).jpeg4407433A-6276-420E-B23A-AD2626177CE9 (resized).jpeg54B39F1B-7F22-43D0-9CD8-5BD1E3D85350 (resized).jpeg54B39F1B-7F22-43D0-9CD8-5BD1E3D85350 (resized).jpeg6A8A1888-1656-4731-A639-3BF3759A7805 (resized).jpeg6A8A1888-1656-4731-A639-3BF3759A7805 (resized).jpegB4490F59-F8F0-4AA1-8BC9-6DFA5CA76B5A (resized).jpegB4490F59-F8F0-4AA1-8BC9-6DFA5CA76B5A (resized).jpeg
#1136 4 years ago

Get your Hard top set and then take a Sharpe and mark the holes that need to be reamed to make the holes work. Take it off the playfield and drill the holes. I have done two of these and always need to fine tune them a little. Great product and going to do Eight Ball Deluxe next.

#1137 4 years ago

One of the games I did I sprayed the playfield black around those rollover slots to hide the alignment a bit (it was just the 4 lanes at the bottom).

#1138 4 years ago

Yes, I see them now. We have looked at your photos carefully. In the light of all other holes lining up well, and all inserts aligning with nowhere near the error we see in the roll over slots and other cut out... we can say fairly confidently that you are an unlucky owner of a playfield that is different. Literally the first one of this title we have seen out of around 100 units sold for this one so far. I also am comparing the print to cut "visual" (best I can do remotely) and can tell you that the standard template we match each unit to before shipping looks exactly like what you got.

If the cuts or art was off... much more all around would be misaligned.

I say that you are going to have to clearance these where necessary using a Dremel.

I wish I could tell you that you got a bad one... but the evidence points otherwise at this point.

We have dealt with similar issues (with less deviation) with at least 3 other titles so far. They just had no reason to make each game identical... and I know direct from the source that they used 2-3 vendors at times for parts like playfields on the same title.

I will study it some more... but I think you got an accurate product to what we created.

#1139 4 years ago

Silver ball mania anytime soon?

#1140 4 years ago

Grand Lizard please, I haven't seen any with a correct playfield.

#1141 4 years ago

Any hope for an upper and lower Elektra set? Those are the two playfields that always get trashed and are desperately needed. I could use a set (or two) for sure.

They aren't large playfields so maybe you could fit them in?

#1142 4 years ago

Good News Everyone! Xenon is available for ordering now. Please allow 10 days for shipping.

Happy New Year!!!

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Good News Everyone! Xenon is available for ordering now. Please allow 10 days for shipping.
Happy New Year!!!

I have a feeling 2020 is going to be a booming business year for you guys with your increased capacity and new titles coming out! Once I'm done with my current project, I should be placing an order for 3 more hardtops (around February) myself.

#1144 4 years ago

My planking and horribly touched up pPnbot needs you!!!!

#1145 4 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

Get your Hard top set and then take a Sharpe and mark the holes that need to be reamed to make the holes work. Take it off the playfield and drill the holes. I have done two of these and always need to fine tune them a little. Great product and going to do Eight Ball Deluxe next.

I am still in the clear coating stage, but thinking ahead to alignment. Like pretty much everyone else, my alignment is probably 80% - 90% there. I was assuming that I would be putting the hardware back in the original spots but may need to cut out a bit of the hardtop if the edge of the hardtop covers the hole. Do I have this completely wrong? Am I supposed to be drilling new holes in the center of the hardtop cut out? If so, what happens to the holes that have a T-Nut on the back?

Now I am getting worried that I am thinking about this all wrong.

#1146 4 years ago

Your Level of detail has raised the bar. Not to mention the fact that your colors are spot on. Cheers and happy new year ladies and gents

22E83617-0863-4B5E-94B5-3FB9A66E4D47 (resized).jpeg22E83617-0863-4B5E-94B5-3FB9A66E4D47 (resized).jpeg30E9BF50-8F9D-4114-B3BB-807918700C5B (resized).jpeg30E9BF50-8F9D-4114-B3BB-807918700C5B (resized).jpegE1E391FB-40F9-44B0-BB79-24D08C2EBF5B (resized).jpegE1E391FB-40F9-44B0-BB79-24D08C2EBF5B (resized).jpeg
#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Happy New Year!!!

Wish I had a Xenon project!

#1148 4 years ago

Really Pinbot???? Ok I am going to stop holding by breath for SOF. Thought this thing would have been made way before these other titles.

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

I am still in the clear coating stage, but thinking ahead to alignment. Like pretty much everyone else, my alignment is probably 80% - 90% there. I was assuming that I would be putting the hardware back in the original spots but may need to cut out a bit of the hardtop if the edge of the hardtop covers the hole. Do I have this completely wrong? Am I supposed to be drilling new holes in the center of the hardtop cut out? If so, what happens to the holes that have a T-Nut on the back?
Now I am getting worried that I am thinking about this all wrong.

You are over thinking this as all you need to do is get the hardtop set where it best fits the inserts and then tape it down. Take a sharpie and mark the side of hole where it needs to be ground out. Remove the hardtop and take a drill and small bit and egg shape the hole so you can get access to the hole. Set the hardtop back on and double check to make sure all holes are accessible Make sure all plastic dust is gone before you stick the hardtop down.

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Really Pinbot???? Ok I am going to stop holding by breath for SOF. Thought this thing would have been made way before these other titles.

Chill my man

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 3,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/23?hl=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.