• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 51 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1308 votes by 788 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3322 (resized).jpg
391735939_806303518171699_5751947203509962681_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4605 (resized).jpeg
FP2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 67.
#701 4 years ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Has there been any status update on the top for Blackout?

This is not the forum for updates on product time-line or releases.

#702 4 years ago

I've seen over half a dozen people showing off their Flash Gordon hardtops, but they are not listed on the website. What gives?

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

I've seen over half a dozen people showing off their Flash Gordon hardtops, but they are not listed on the website. What gives?

I believe they were only given permission for a limited run on those and they went fast. I ordered mine before finding a machine for it to go in even.

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I believe they were only given permission for a limited run on those and they went fast. I ordered mine before finding a machine for it to go in even.

Really? That’s a bummer.

#705 4 years ago

I don't remember that ever being mentioned. They said the hardtops would be available perpetually, not in runs like CPR. Sounds like promises are already not being kept. No new releases, sinking ship maybe.

#706 4 years ago

Just to be clear I don't know any of that for fact, I just thought I remembered seeing a post about them not being the same as some of the previous hardtops they had done which motivated me to order one, I could also just be mixing that up with a ton of other things that I've read on pinside. I do spend too much time here.

Also, they just shipped the High Speed prototype hardtop to the beta tester so I'd expect that one soon. I know this past weekend at Pinball at the Zoo my FG was there, and another gentleman brought his Mata Hari and Firepower that both had them installed as well. They are out there and shipping, but it isn't a full-time gig for these guys, they are hobbyists just like the majority of us and doing what they can to help the community in their spare time. I wouldn't expect them to be cranking these things out.

#707 4 years ago

This is just a guess with no real basis. But I would guess that since the Flash Gordon machine has actors' likenesses on it, it probably had specific licensing. They have other machines with likenesses as well, but I would assume each has it's own license requirements.

#708 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just to be clear I don't know any of that for fact, I just thought I remembered seeing a post about them not being the same as some of the previous hardtops they had done which motivated me to order one, I could also just be mixing that up with a ton of other things that I've read on pinside. I do spend too much time here.
Also, they just shipped the High Speed prototype hardtop to the beta tester so I'd expect that one soon. I know this past weekend at Pinball at the Zoo my FG was there, and another gentleman brought his Mata Hari and Firepower that both had them installed as well. They are out there and shipping, but it isn't a full-time gig for these guys, they are hobbyists just like the majority of us and doing what they can to help the community in their spare time. I wouldn't expect them to be cranking these things out.

That was my Mata Hari and Firepower. I did the betas for those two machines as well as Black Knight and Evil Knievel. I have four Firepower playfields including a CPR and it's amazing how different the boards can be from each other. The beta Hardtops were created using playfields from my games, then the first beta and the playfield were shipped back to me for application and reassembly. Fortunately, on the Hardtops I did the adjustments were minor: a small adjustment to positioning of an insert, a missed lamp hole or color adjustment kind of thing. When the beta is installed and assembled I send several pictures to Outeredge. One of which goes on the order page. You are right, it's a "sideline" for them and they are busy doing business. And, of course, us beta tester's are hobbyist, too. That Firepower Hardtop arrived on Christmas Eve last year on the day family arrived for a 10 day vacation. It was tough letting it sit!!

#709 4 years ago

So will there be more Flash Gordon hardtops available? I'm going to be interested in a set too.

#710 4 years ago

Please move on to Swords of Fury
Will start restoring mine soon so that'd be great to be able to put it before everything is back together

#711 4 years ago

The person selling the Flash Gordon Hardtops was Skypilot. Anyone interested in these should contact him.

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

The person selling the Flash Gordon Hardtops was Skypilot. Anyone interested in these should contact him.

As of a couple months ago, Keith Skypilot did have some FG Hardtops available. Don't know if that is still accurate.

#713 4 years ago

Are there any left?
He was down to 24 around christmass.

#714 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Are there any left?
He was down to 24 around christmass.

Keith would have the answer to that question.

#716 4 years ago

Nitty gritty time!

#717 4 years ago

Bally Star Trek anyone?

#718 4 years ago

Looking forward to Grand Lizard!

#719 4 years ago

We need a Cyclone hardtop

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from MysticPinball:

Bally Star Trek anyone?

I need a Bally Star Trek

#721 4 years ago

Need a hard top for the upper and lower Elektra playfields.

#722 4 years ago

One of my friends told me he heard Alien Poker potentially thrown out there but I’m not finding much. Is that a title even being considered? My PF is “okay” (it’s got some planking in the middle, cupped inserts, and heavy wear in that left shooter lane) but I’d 100% buy a hardtop for it if one were to become available.

8ball deluxe is another one I saw a lot of mentions on. Selling an 8bd I picked up as part of a lot and knowledge of a hardtop coming would be beneficial for selling.

Great product—I saw a couple of restored Space Shuttles with these and its quite simply a thing of beauty.

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

One of my friends told me he heard Alien Poker potentially
thrown out there but I’m not finding much. Is that a title even
being considered? My PF is “okay” (it’s got some planking in the
middle, cupped inserts, and heavy wear in that left shooter lane)
but I’d 100% buy a hardtop for it if one were to become
available.
8ball deluxe is another one I saw a lot of mentions on. Selling
an 8bd I picked up as part of a lot and knowledge of a hardtop
coming would be beneficial for selling.
Great product—I saw a couple of restored Space Shuttles with
these and its quite simply a thing of beauty.

I have done 4 of the prototypes and have offered to do both Alien Poker and Eight Ball Deluxe so the potential is there. Eight Ball Dlx is on the poll at the beginning of this thread and has a lot of votes. I have no knowledge of future titles. Hardtops aren't Outeredge's primary job so it takes time. So I just enjoy playing the games and wait for a call. Patience is certainly required.

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from 64bsstp:

I have done 4 of the prototypes and have offered to do both
Alien Poker and Eight Ball Deluxe so the potential is there. Eight
Ball Dlx is on the poll at the beginning of this thread and has a
lot of votes. I have no knowledge of future titles. Hardtops aren't
Outeredge's primary job so it takes time. So I just enjoy playing
the games and wait for a call. Patience is certainly required.

Yup! I’m in no real rush to mess with my Alien Poker right now but I will definitely be a day one buyer. I love that game so much.

48BA00B5-D927-4B7D-BF8F-659831551975 (resized).jpeg48BA00B5-D927-4B7D-BF8F-659831551975 (resized).jpeg582B122C-7B1B-4FA8-90B3-FCCEB7883CDF (resized).jpeg582B122C-7B1B-4FA8-90B3-FCCEB7883CDF (resized).jpeg
#725 4 years ago

New Alien Poker Playfields are currently in production and you can still order one.

http://tinyurl.com/y4bhj4b7

#726 4 years ago

Anyone installed a Frontier yet?

#727 4 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

New Alien Poker Playfields are currently in production and you can still order one.
http://tinyurl.com/y4bhj4b7

Way too rich for my blood.

#728 4 years ago

Since this is the place to put suggestions. I have one that I haven’t seen listed here that would probably sell well: Captain Fantastic.

They made over 16,000 of them, and most I’ve seen have cupped inserts and the PF has been worn to the wood down the center and near the drop targets.

#729 4 years ago

I was reading a little further back and saw people ask about wear over time with the hardtop playfields. I have the 2nd made Space Shuttle Hardtop (which was the first game he made outside of his personal one) and still looks brand new!

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I was reading a little further back and saw people ask about wear over time with the hardtop playfields. I have the 2nd made Space Shuttle Hardtop (which was the first game he made outside of his personal one) and still looks brand new!

I've got a space shuttle hardtop with over 10k plays on it that looks brand new still. I don't even wax it.

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I've got a space shuttle hardtop with over 10k plays on it that looks brand new still. I don't even wax it.

I am still envious of your foot traffic.

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I am still envious of your foot traffic.

ehh I wouldn't be. That game is an absolute outlier. I wish other games would get that many plays. Something about that game that draws people in.

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

ehh I wouldn't be. That game is an absolute outlier. I wish other games would get that many plays. Something about that game that draws people in.

It’s a great game! Awesome with multiplayer or solo. Really shines with a group IMO.

Unrelated: realizing more and more that my 8ball deluxe PF is...awful. I’d definitely be in for a hardtop for it. Sounds like I’m going to be keeping it, at this point (not worth enough in its current condition to prompt selling, most likely). Fingers crossed that one gets done. So, Alien Poker and 8BD..I’d buy both.

#735 4 years ago

I'd be in for EBD.....

#736 4 years ago

These products are a great solution for some of the games that have no chance of restoration or life due to complicated screen printing. Space Shuttle, Alien Poker and others for example that would be a major PITA to restore. For some of the games that have just a few minor blemishes I'd recommend a Clear Coat and hand touch up.
I'd still love to see some of these options for System 7 games. Time Fantasy, Warlock, Defender, Jungle Lord and maybe even Funhouse, Whirlwind. Eight ball deluxe, grand lizard and a few others would be good to. I checked the website the other day and not sure what's really still available. Though these projects are getting tough to find now.

#737 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Pictures or it's Not True

#738 4 years ago

10k Plays Where is this?

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

10k Plays Where is this?

NASA facility?

#740 4 years ago

I'll take a picture of the playfield Sun and post it.

IMG_20190421_135230_1.jpgIMG_20190421_135230_1.jpg
#741 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'll take a picture of the playfield Sun and post it.
[quoted image]

Where's this location?

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone installed a Frontier yet?

I did. Looks great. I posted some pics.

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Can someone tell me what the purpose of the nails are that are in the slingshot areas of some early Bally's (like the Mata Hari I put a hardtop in)? Is it just for support of the sling plastic piece or is there some sort of other functionality that it's suppose to provide? The hardtop holes don't align with where the nails were on the playfield originally. I'm thinking of just not putting the nails back in.[quoted image]

They act as a anti-ball wedge, as well as keeping the plastic piece from sagging on top of the kicker head.

#744 4 years ago

I got a Flash Gordon in a trade that came with a Hardtop. After installing the Hardtop and replacing pretty much everything you can see in this pic, including the plastics, pop caps and flipper bats, I'm incredibly impressed with the results. It probably looks better than it did back in '81.

4182307B-78A3-491B-A5CF-9FE033BF6E70 (resized).jpeg4182307B-78A3-491B-A5CF-9FE033BF6E70 (resized).jpeg
#745 4 years ago
Quoted from Orbian:

Where's this location?

Madcap Brew Co.

#746 4 years ago

Please do a run of Blackout. I dont even have one anymore but all the ones I've looked at recently have shit playfields

#747 4 years ago

We still need a Hardtop set for the upper and lower Elektra playfields. Those are always blown out. Should be half the size of a regular hardtop.

#748 4 years ago

There appears to be so much opportunity here for this company's product. They should work with another company to help with their design, development and product releases. Hopefully they don't have the Sony mentality, that has failed them far more than it has ever helped.

#749 4 years ago

And away we go!!

IMG_20190522_212040.jpgIMG_20190522_212040.jpg
#750 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

And away we go!![quoted image]

Oh good, it is only an IPA! LOL I was worried haha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 31.00
There are 3,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/15?hl=dorkinabox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.