• Strikes and Spares 25 votes
    3%
  • Kiss (Bally) 23 votes
    3%
  • Supersonic 23 votes
    3%
  • Grand Lizard 48 votes
    7%

(Multiple choice - 738 votes by 422 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 144 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0380D5B7-4B6E-4D28-9EC1-9DD7ED41EE3A (resized).jpeg
6F920AD6-61F0-4886-B052-AC3BE6A8FEB3 (resized).jpeg
01DEACBE-CD3D-4902-9710-0D15BA2247C7 (resized).jpeg
0D5D676B-4818-46C9-AB62-C72999D9DD21 (resized).jpeg
56F1A082-9F13-440B-B71C-11097F772DFC (resized).jpeg
82AED23E-76A3-48D0-97C7-A3B9952D177A (resized).jpeg
32CC2836-664B-42F7-8935-F45D38E62899 (resized).jpeg
871962B7-5FA9-48A9-A71F-EE4D2AFC4225 (resized).jpeg
20190604_190219 (resized).jpg
2019-05-26 11.12.36.jpg
IMG_20190526_110840.jpg
IMG_20190526_110854.jpg
IMG_20190526_110900.jpg
IMG_20190526_110918.jpg
IMG_20190526_110913.jpg
IMG_20190526_110903.jpg

There are 816 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.
#701 50 days ago
Quoted from dfester007:

Has there been any status update on the top for Blackout?

This is not the forum for updates on product time-line or releases.

#702 47 days ago

I've seen over half a dozen people showing off their Flash Gordon hardtops, but they are not listed on the website. What gives?

#703 47 days ago
Quoted from Keroppi:

I've seen over half a dozen people showing off their Flash Gordon hardtops, but they are not listed on the website. What gives?

I believe they were only given permission for a limited run on those and they went fast. I ordered mine before finding a machine for it to go in even.

#704 47 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I believe they were only given permission for a limited run on those and they went fast. I ordered mine before finding a machine for it to go in even.

Really? That’s a bummer.

#705 47 days ago

I don't remember that ever being mentioned. They said the hardtops would be available perpetually, not in runs like CPR. Sounds like promises are already not being kept. No new releases, sinking ship maybe.

#706 47 days ago

Just to be clear I don't know any of that for fact, I just thought I remembered seeing a post about them not being the same as some of the previous hardtops they had done which motivated me to order one, I could also just be mixing that up with a ton of other things that I've read on pinside. I do spend too much time here.

Also, they just shipped the High Speed prototype hardtop to the beta tester so I'd expect that one soon. I know this past weekend at Pinball at the Zoo my FG was there, and another gentleman brought his Mata Hari and Firepower that both had them installed as well. They are out there and shipping, but it isn't a full-time gig for these guys, they are hobbyists just like the majority of us and doing what they can to help the community in their spare time. I wouldn't expect them to be cranking these things out.

#707 47 days ago

This is just a guess with no real basis. But I would guess that since the Flash Gordon machine has actors' likenesses on it, it probably had specific licensing. They have other machines with likenesses as well, but I would assume each has it's own license requirements.

#708 47 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Just to be clear I don't know any of that for fact, I just thought I remembered seeing a post about them not being the same as some of the previous hardtops they had done which motivated me to order one, I could also just be mixing that up with a ton of other things that I've read on pinside. I do spend too much time here.
Also, they just shipped the High Speed prototype hardtop to the beta tester so I'd expect that one soon. I know this past weekend at Pinball at the Zoo my FG was there, and another gentleman brought his Mata Hari and Firepower that both had them installed as well. They are out there and shipping, but it isn't a full-time gig for these guys, they are hobbyists just like the majority of us and doing what they can to help the community in their spare time. I wouldn't expect them to be cranking these things out.

That was my Mata Hari and Firepower. I did the betas for those two machines as well as Black Knight and Evil Knievel. I have four Firepower playfields including a CPR and it's amazing how different the boards can be from each other. The beta Hardtops were created using playfields from my games, then the first beta and the playfield were shipped back to me for application and reassembly. Fortunately, on the Hardtops I did the adjustments were minor: a small adjustment to positioning of an insert, a missed lamp hole or color adjustment kind of thing. When the beta is installed and assembled I send several pictures to Outeredge. One of which goes on the order page. You are right, it's a "sideline" for them and they are busy doing business. And, of course, us beta tester's are hobbyist, too. That Firepower Hardtop arrived on Christmas Eve last year on the day family arrived for a 10 day vacation. It was tough letting it sit!!

#709 47 days ago

So will there be more Flash Gordon hardtops available? I'm going to be interested in a set too.

#710 47 days ago

Please move on to Swords of Fury
Will start restoring mine soon so that'd be great to be able to put it before everything is back together

#711 47 days ago

The person selling the Flash Gordon Hardtops was Skypilot. Anyone interested in these should contact him.

#712 46 days ago
Quoted from Orbian:

The person selling the Flash Gordon Hardtops was Skypilot. Anyone interested in these should contact him.

As of a couple months ago, Keith skypilot did have some FG Hardtops available. Don't know if that is still accurate.

#713 46 days ago

Are there any left?
He was down to 24 around christmass.

#714 46 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

Are there any left?
He was down to 24 around christmass.

Keith would have the answer to that question.

#716 45 days ago

Nitty gritty time!

#717 40 days ago

Bally Star Trek anyone?

#718 40 days ago

Looking forward to Grand Lizard!

#719 40 days ago

We need a Cyclone hardtop

#720 40 days ago

I need a Bally Star Trek

#721 40 days ago

Need a hard top for the upper and lower Elektra playfields.

#722 36 days ago

One of my friends told me he heard Alien Poker potentially thrown out there but I’m not finding much. Is that a title even being considered? My PF is “okay” (it’s got some planking in the middle, cupped inserts, and heavy wear in that left shooter lane) but I’d 100% buy a hardtop for it if one were to become available.

8ball deluxe is another one I saw a lot of mentions on. Selling an 8bd I picked up as part of a lot and knowledge of a hardtop coming would be beneficial for selling.

Great product—I saw a couple of restored Space Shuttles with these and its quite simply a thing of beauty.

#723 36 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

One of my friends told me he heard Alien Poker potentially
thrown out there but I’m not finding much. Is that a title even
being considered? My PF is “okay” (it’s got some planking in the
middle, cupped inserts, and heavy wear in that left shooter lane)
but I’d 100% buy a hardtop for it if one were to become
available.
8ball deluxe is another one I saw a lot of mentions on. Selling
an 8bd I picked up as part of a lot and knowledge of a hardtop
coming would be beneficial for selling.
Great product—I saw a couple of restored Space Shuttles with
these and its quite simply a thing of beauty.

I have done 4 of the prototypes and have offered to do both Alien Poker and Eight Ball Deluxe so the potential is there. Eight Ball Dlx is on the poll at the beginning of this thread and has a lot of votes. I have no knowledge of future titles. Hardtops aren't Outeredge's primary job so it takes time. So I just enjoy playing the games and wait for a call. Patience is certainly required.

#724 36 days ago
Quoted from 64bsstp:

I have done 4 of the prototypes and have offered to do both
Alien Poker and Eight Ball Deluxe so the potential is there. Eight
Ball Dlx is on the poll at the beginning of this thread and has a
lot of votes. I have no knowledge of future titles. Hardtops aren't
Outeredge's primary job so it takes time. So I just enjoy playing
the games and wait for a call. Patience is certainly required.

Yup! I’m in no real rush to mess with my Alien Poker right now but I will definitely be a day one buyer. I love that game so much.

48BA00B5-D927-4B7D-BF8F-659831551975 (resized).jpeg582B122C-7B1B-4FA8-90B3-FCCEB7883CDF (resized).jpeg
#725 35 days ago

New Alien Poker Playfields are currently in production and you can still order one.

http://tinyurl.com/y4bhj4b7

#726 35 days ago

Anyone installed a Frontier yet?

#727 35 days ago
Quoted from Orbian:

New Alien Poker Playfields are currently in production and you can still order one.
http://tinyurl.com/y4bhj4b7

Way too rich for my blood.

#728 31 days ago

Since this is the place to put suggestions. I have one that I haven’t seen listed here that would probably sell well: Captain Fantastic.

They made over 16,000 of them, and most I’ve seen have cupped inserts and the PF has been worn to the wood down the center and near the drop targets.

#729 31 days ago

I was reading a little further back and saw people ask about wear over time with the hardtop playfields. I have the 2nd made Space Shuttle Hardtop (which was the first game he made outside of his personal one) and still looks brand new!

#731 31 days ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I was reading a little further back and saw people ask about wear over time with the hardtop playfields. I have the 2nd made Space Shuttle Hardtop (which was the first game he made outside of his personal one) and still looks brand new!

I've got a space shuttle hardtop with over 10k plays on it that looks brand new still. I don't even wax it.

#732 31 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I've got a space shuttle hardtop with over 10k plays on it that looks brand new still. I don't even wax it.

I am still envious of your foot traffic.

#733 30 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I am still envious of your foot traffic.

ehh I wouldn't be. That game is an absolute outlier. I wish other games would get that many plays. Something about that game that draws people in.

#734 30 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

ehh I wouldn't be. That game is an absolute outlier. I wish other games would get that many plays. Something about that game that draws people in.

It’s a great game! Awesome with multiplayer or solo. Really shines with a group IMO.

Unrelated: realizing more and more that my 8ball deluxe PF is...awful. I’d definitely be in for a hardtop for it. Sounds like I’m going to be keeping it, at this point (not worth enough in its current condition to prompt selling, most likely). Fingers crossed that one gets done. So, Alien Poker and 8BD..I’d buy both.

#735 30 days ago

I'd be in for EBD.....

#736 30 days ago

These products are a great solution for some of the games that have no chance of restoration or life due to complicated screen printing. Space Shuttle, Alien Poker and others for example that would be a major PITA to restore. For some of the games that have just a few minor blemishes I'd recommend a Clear Coat and hand touch up.
I'd still love to see some of these options for System 7 games. Time Fantasy, Warlock, Defender, Jungle Lord and maybe even Funhouse, Whirlwind. Eight ball deluxe, grand lizard and a few others would be good to. I checked the website the other day and not sure what's really still available. Though these projects are getting tough to find now.

#737 30 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Pictures or it's Not True

#738 30 days ago

10k Plays Where is this?

#739 30 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

10k Plays Where is this?

NASA facility?

#740 30 days ago

I'll take a picture of the playfield Sun and post it.

IMG_20190421_135230_1.jpg
#741 30 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I'll take a picture of the playfield Sun and post it.
[quoted image]

Where's this location?

#742 29 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone installed a Frontier yet?

I did. Looks great. I posted some pics.

#743 29 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Can someone tell me what the purpose of the nails are that are in the slingshot areas of some early Bally's (like the Mata Hari I put a hardtop in)? Is it just for support of the sling plastic piece or is there some sort of other functionality that it's suppose to provide? The hardtop holes don't align with where the nails were on the playfield originally. I'm thinking of just not putting the nails back in.[quoted image]

They act as a anti-ball wedge, as well as keeping the plastic piece from sagging on top of the kicker head.

#744 29 days ago

I got a Flash Gordon in a trade that came with a Hardtop. After installing the Hardtop and replacing pretty much everything you can see in this pic, including the plastics, pop caps and flipper bats, I'm incredibly impressed with the results. It probably looks better than it did back in '81.

4182307B-78A3-491B-A5CF-9FE033BF6E70 (resized).jpeg
#745 29 days ago
Quoted from Orbian:

Where's this location?

Madcap Brew Co.

#746 28 days ago

Please do a run of Blackout. I dont even have one anymore but all the ones I've looked at recently have shit playfields

#747 28 days ago

We still need a Hardtop set for the upper and lower Elektra playfields. Those are always blown out. Should be half the size of a regular hardtop.

#748 27 days ago

There appears to be so much opportunity here for this company's product. They should work with another company to help with their design, development and product releases. Hopefully they don't have the Sony mentality, that has failed them far more than it has ever helped.

#749 27 days ago

And away we go!!

IMG_20190522_212040.jpg
#750 27 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

And away we go!![quoted image]

Oh good, it is only an IPA! LOL I was worried haha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 17.00
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 22.00
8,300 (OBO)
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Adelphi, MD
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 12.00
There are 816 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside