(Topic ID: 165010)

"Official" Ghostbuster all things LE/Premium Club!

By iceman44

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 631 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 177 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180312_222639 (resized).jpg
IMG_0121 (resized).PNG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
hi score (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
IMG_0306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
IMG_2706 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I believe the Premium playfield dates that went over seas started in June. That said, I'm not sure if these Premiums that are being received and unboxed overseas right now will be an accurate indicator of any changes that were made regarding the playfields. The domestic (US) Premiums would be a better indicator in my opinion.

Premiums being unboxed now are definitely older playfields subject to whatever issues they come with. All the guys who have been waiting in the US are probably in a better position as they will be getting updated playfields.
That being said, I'm doing whatever I can to stop the airballs. I know this is not pretty but it works. I butchered up one of my Arwen ramps, lol.

IMG20160923082930 (resized).jpg

IMG20160923082921 (resized).jpg

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

2 new arrivals today.......weekend set for some pinball fun!!!
Oh yeah "I GOT ONE"

That's the Stern G spot, right there.

#370 3 years ago

Should my Slimer be hitting the centre captive ball guide on the way past? It's dragging on the top and registering a hit. Usually I can fix these things but I can't find a way to raise him up a couple of mm.

#373 3 years ago

Thanks guys! Tried that set screw and it wouldn't budge. Have to hit the gym!

#410 3 years ago

These crazy airballs CAN get your ecto screen..

IMG20160928102428 (resized).jpg

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Do you have any air ball protection, what did it come off of

Left ramp. I had a protector on there I'd made myself, but had taken it off to tweak it a bit.

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you put a plastic plate over the underside of the goggles, does it mess with the illusion?

I'm going to try a few different things, this included. Then it doesn't matter from where the airball originates, the screen will be protected.

Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Or was it hit from the side?

I've been trying to work out the angle of approach. Some of the airballs are ricocheting two or three times before coming back under control, so honestly, it could have been from anything, but 90% of the airballs are definitely coming off the standups at the left ramp.

#422 3 years ago

Am I losing many scoring opportunities by disabling the playfield drops? I shut them down today. Man, they are annoying. 50% bricks, and just f'cking mean. And screw playing better and rising to the challenge.. they plain suck the fun like a big black hole of annoying fun-sucking hyper gravity. It's a blast otherwise . Oh, except for the lane guide hopping, geez. But anyway, get a 62m bonus, and then again 'cause it was held, and all is forgiven

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

just attach the drops to the stock springs and a lower loop...maybe 10 or so down.

Yeah, I should do that. I normally fix things rather than just turn them off, but gee it was fun for a while without them. I did feel like I was being bad though.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Still no ghosting. Also fixed some other issues.
I've noticed on a lot of LE pictures the flippers seemed down to far and misaligned. Mine was the same way. Because the marking guides are down to far. I adjusted the flippers where they should be and now shots are smooth. Far right tight ramp is easier and smooth. Ball reacts the way it should from bounces. Main ramp you can backhand with the left flipper. Before shots would feel a little off. Hitting entrances on the way in, instead of flowing in. Now all shots are smoothed out. Feels 100% better.
Also solved bounce overs and reduced side drains from the metal guides on the outlanes. I've told people this before and nobody seems to put forth any effort to do it. So I looked at how they had the side rails mounted. They go all the way through the playfield and flush with the backside. Rails do not need to be that far in. Especially ones this thick.
Tools you will need:
Hammer
Drill bit, awl or rod that is smaller diameter than the rail.
Have someone hold the playfield up, put the flat part of the drill bit against the rail edge and hit it in about 1/4". Not only did it stop bounce overs, but also reduced side drains. Which at first, I couldn't figure out why. Height of the rail shouldn't effect it. But here's what i found out. The rail has a curved edge. With the rail to low, the curved edge hits under the ball and not on the outside edge of it's greatest circumference. This also would get under the ball and cause lift, allowing the ball to roll up the curve of the metal rail. With the rail 1/4" higher, it now hits the widest part of the ball. Giving no lift, and closing the side gap, as it doesn't allow about 1/16" of ball to travel over it. Made a big difference and doesn't cost a cent. These are the types of things that are done when dialing in a game and make a huge difference in getting your games to play smooth and nice.

Love the guide tips. Definitely doing this tonight.
I tried the flipper adjustment as well. It stopped the airballs, but I didn't find any pickup in shot ability. I found the right ramp harder to complete. Not harder to hit, just had less energy to complete reliably. I just put this here as a data point, not saying it hasn't made a positive difference for you.

#477 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

So I am going to post this here and also the Premium forum.
I noticed someone else said something about their Premium GB having the LE stickers on the apron. So I checked and sure enough My apron has the stickers surrounded by slime on my premium I just got. Very interested. Here are a snapshot of the aprons from the flyers.
Magicchiz
My playfield shows a date of 9-22-2016

There are also premiums floating around with signatures on the playfield.

#483 3 years ago

Anyone have this happen? Arrgh. Second screen.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Not here but I doubt that is caused by the actual screen, more likely the board that drives the screen :)or something upstream.

The screen is the node board. It's integrated.

IMG20161003233453 (resized).jpg

IMG20161003233458 (resized).jpg

#509 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why are you going through all that. I already told you how to fix it in 3 min and cost you nothing.

Worked amazingly well. I have not had a SINGLE ball hop since.

#510 3 years ago

My horizontal scrolling screen fixed itself! There is a damn ghost in this thing. No code or node update, nuttin'. Just booted up this morning, good as gold.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timebandit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside