(Topic ID: 165010)

"Official" Ghostbuster all things LE/Premium Club!

By iceman44

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 631 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180312_222639 (resized).jpg
IMG_0121 (resized).PNG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
hi score (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
IMG_0306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
IMG_2706 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I just looked and sure enough I have 2 different side rails as well.
Anyone that had this contact Stern or distributor to see what they will do?

I have defended Stern on a lot of things, but this one is messed up. Someone either sent the wrong rails for paint, or the wrong ones were painted and no one noticed. At any rate, there were 200 people that read this thread and laughed, and then ran out to check their own. Mine is fine, but to have more than one of these is nuts. Good catch!

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man if I had an LE those mirror blades would be a definite. Really looks nice bc of the green armor.

Only if you can control all of the airballs. Mirror blades with dents and scratches look bad fast....but fresh out of the box they look awesome.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Mine is the same. Hits the back corner brace half the time ... it's actually crushed where it hits. Other half rattles around in there shaking up Stay Puft. Cant for the life of me think how to fix it except to replace auto plunge coil

I know this is a suggestion from 'Captain Obvious", but do you have the game angle set correctly, as well as level side to side? Mine was clipping a back rail as well, but near as bad as you are describing. Once I got it leveled, the issue went away.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Anyone install art blades on their machine yet? I purchased some from Stern weeks ago but I haven't tried putting them on yet. I have a few questions for anyone that has already installed them.
- Do I need to completely take the playfield out or can I lift the playfield to install the front portion and then lower the playfield to install the back portion?
- Is this something I could easily do by myself or should I grab some help?
- Is the wet method the best method for these particular blades and if so should I use soapy water or can I just spray some Windex down first?
- Is there any risk in scratched the blades when I raise and lower the playfield in the future?

Pretty easy to do, and you can do it with the playfield in the game. Dry fit them first, so you see how they fit. I just then peeled half the backing off, tilted the playfield and slid it into place. Once I got the back half aligned, I pressed it into place, and then peeled the front half of the backing off and stuck it down as I went. Took a total of 10 minutes. Like I said, slide them in a couple of times with the backing on to get practice first. That will tell you if there are any pinch points. If you are really nervous about improper alignment, you can spray some windex on the back, but then you will need to squeegee the liquid and air bubbles out. Make sure you unplug it first, and put some rags in the cabinet to catch the drips. Don't over-think it, they are pretty easy to do.

1 week later
#254 7 years ago

I have that issue too....I'm assuming it is a programming bug since the coil adjustment has no effect.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

All good but since the playfield is not going to hold up really a shame they didn't stick with the same playfield maker as STLE. My STLE is still in pristine condition.

Don't lump all of the GB's together. There are a lot of LE's with perfectly fine playfields. Maybe a different manufacturer...who knows. .

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I am not convinced there are I think most have issues and many don't know what they are looking for or simply don't know to look at all at least as far as ghosting goes

Well, I can say I definitely know what I am looking for, and trust me, I inspect my playfield every night after playing....always half-expecting something to show up. I very recently saw two others with the same mid-July production dates and as of those dates, none of us had or have any ghosting or insert issues other than the normal jeweling. One guy has a very tiny chip in his shooter lane, but the other two of us applied mylar to the lanes pretty much out of the box, so we have nothing. The ghosting isn't hard to find if it is there.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Please post some pictures of these perfect playfields.

I will be more than happy to this evening when I get home. I'll see if I can get some pics sent of the other two as well.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Looks pretty good but it looks like we came we saw has a little bit of ghosting

I think you are seeing the edge reflection.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Don't think so if you zoom in on the top the line is not straight it's got little hills so to speak. The white inserts are hardest to notice.

Yea, I think I would need a different angle before I drew that conclusion. A colored piece of paper under a clear insert will give a better picture without reflection underneath. Always easier to see in person, so maybe the Parabol420 can chime in and say for sure.

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Mines ghosting at the top looks pretty similar

No...not ghosting. Take a look at a ghosted insert and compare the two. You will see a distinct difference

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Please post some pictures of these perfect playfields.

As requested, here is mine. I have sent requests for the others. All of us are from the same date....maybe the upside down "A-1" designation you see on the edge tells the story...........And I realize there is a reflection on the Tobin insert, but it is NOT ghosting, it is a reflection from the flash. I didn't get a really good picture of it in what I took, but if anyone doesn't believe me, I will be happy to go back and try for a better pic. Stamped playfield date is July 7, however there is a written number that looks like it indicates July 5. Had it since Mid to late July, and play it at least 4 nights a week.

IMG_1860 (resized).JPGIMG_1860 (resized).JPG
IMG_1862 (resized).JPGIMG_1862 (resized).JPG
IMG_1861 (resized).JPGIMG_1861 (resized).JPG
IMG_1863 (resized).JPGIMG_1863 (resized).JPG
IMG_1867 (resized).JPGIMG_1867 (resized).JPG
IMG_1875 (resized).JPGIMG_1875 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPGIMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPGIMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPGIMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1883 (resized).JPGIMG_1883 (resized).JPG
IMG_1892 (resized).JPGIMG_1892 (resized).JPG
IMG_1889 (resized).JPGIMG_1889 (resized).JPG
IMG_1891 (resized).JPGIMG_1891 (resized).JPG
IMG_1896 (resized).JPGIMG_1896 (resized).JPG
IMG_1897 (resized).JPGIMG_1897 (resized).JPG

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey in the 8th picture your switch blade is infront of the rubber. Better fix that.

Thanks...I actually did that myself when I was taking the pictures and fixed it shortly thereafter. But I do appreciate the catch....good eye

#301 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

What did somebody claim they were ALL bad? Obviously that's not true... just an alarming amount of them
After all these pics of ghosting and chipping PF's it's nice to see pics of a "normal" one...

Yea I agree there are way too many with issues, and Stern has to 'own' that at some point. But there was a previous post that alluded to the fact we were wrong or not telling the truth in claiming some playfields were fine, so we posted some pics. Only time will tell over the long-haul, but so far they are good. I stay in pretty close contact with my Distro, and for what it is worth, they say they have only received 1 report of 1 minor playfield issue out of the 20 LE's they sold. I know folks will say you can't trust what they say, but we have a pretty darn good relationship, and I tend to believe them. I realize there are others who claim that ALL of their machines were defective, and that may very well be true....I just hate some of the statements I see that EVERY GB is defective, when in reality that is not true.

#303 7 years ago

Nice! Definitely looks like they were from the same run. Hopefully it was the day where the teacher was coating the playfields rather than the students..........

#314 7 years ago

For those of you with the issue of the Auto-launcher just blasting the ball down the lane, try replacing your plunger spring with the following. Marco has them for a buck or two. It isn't a complete fix, but it will do until a code fix, or something better comes along. It is 2 screws and about 3 minutes to fix, and makes all of the difference in the world. The ball still jets around the back of the field a bit, but you want it to in order to make the full orbit. But it really calms things down so it isn't smashing into the gate, or clipping the Stay-Puft man.

Spring (resized).jpgSpring (resized).jpg

Added over 8 years ago: Sorry, I should have specified this is for the auto-plunge coil, not the manual plunger. I knew it in my head and thought everyone could read minds. Sorry for the confusion

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
15,699 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ghostbuster-all-things-lepremium-club?tu=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.