(Topic ID: 165010)

"Official" Ghostbuster all things LE/Premium Club!

By iceman44

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 631 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 177 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180312_222639 (resized).jpg
IMG_0121 (resized).PNG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
hi score (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
IMG_0306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
IMG_2706 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hopefully getting mine delivered next week.

There are a lot of various threads out there.

Like to see comments related to all things LE/Premium.

Especially strategy, mods and code.

#2 3 years ago

Just saw the Stern side rails, they look pretty good.

#4 3 years ago

What's your eta Flato?

Thinking about getting color DMD and go green until they colorize it

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well how about my green leg light ups.....they're on the outside of the cab.

Yeah once i get mine set up your mod looks awesome!

The T molding is a must too along with the mirror blades.

I'm OUT on the topper, I think it looks terrible for the amount of money it costs.

Maybe Stern is picking up some steam now, hopefully premiums by mid August?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from AliciaC:

Arrived today... Sitting in the garage and dammit I'm traveling this week.

That sucks, on the plus side, an extra week to have the play field "cure".

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Added PBL Green outlanes and hanging post, as well as flipper toppers, mirror, from Laseriffic.

Looks awesome Art, great review.

Keep us posted on your lighting updates and expertise!

#29 3 years ago

Got the plastic protectors and Yeti blades today. Anybody have Lighted Ecto from Mezel?

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I do. Mounted it on the right ramp.

That looks very cool. A GB pin has to have an Ecto toy car right?

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Started today on lighting, and changed out the Spots to Comet Op-MaxNR...love the extra light.
Ill be checking out lighting the green slime rails more, the sling cover ghosts, Purple City Glow, and flashers for the Subway.

Gonna follow your lead Art.

Just ordered the T molding!

Getting really excited.

#36 3 years ago

Where did the "glow balls" come from. Looks great.

So does Paul's leg mod, wow. I see you have the green dmd and speaker lights too.

#39 3 years ago

Titan MB glow in the dark rubbers?

Anybody else have those?

#47 3 years ago

Wow, the book stacking mod looks great. Somebody needs to produce those!

#50 3 years ago

Dang, I've played the pro and loved it.

I am/was addicted to TWDLE. I think GB will rival it.

#60 3 years ago

Is the PDI glass ready to ship upon order now?

Those mirror blades look awesome.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Any LE owners want to share some under playfield pics? Would love to see things like the mags, and the subway, etc...
Pretty please?

I'll post a bunch of pics next week.

I'm considering the Ecto 1 Hot Wheels with figs too

#65 3 years ago

I like that look Rock.

I might try both green and pink

#66 3 years ago

I like that look Rock.

I might try both green and pink

Sorry dupe

#72 3 years ago

Green trim all the way TaTa!

I haven't added mods yet, been too busy playing this pin.

Trim and other crap i have ready to install this goes on this weekend.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

This may be my best mod yet... White Rice!

To soak up moisture? What?

One gripe so far is that lock down bar latch. It's F ing annoying and cheap but I can get over it.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Once you get used to it, it's not bad.

Minor annoyance right Tom! I didn't realize wtf was going on when i unboxed it and initially thought they F ed up and didn't put the lock down bar in there.

Bottom line, this pin blows me away so far. Fun factor is off the charts and its a fairly easy shooting pin. Smooth.

TaTa, I am going with the "whatever happens plan" and then react. I know one thing, I'm dimpling the crap out of this thing and I love it!

Will the inserts hold up? Remains to be seen but my play field seems to be very solid so far.

#86 3 years ago

I'm putting the Star Trek vengeance plastic over that left ramp until a better fit comes out

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I thought my luck was going well so far with GBLE and then this. I would have likely NEVER noticed that if someone hadn't said something.
So that being said even if I get a new rail how hard are those things to take off and put on? I have never done it on any machine, let alone newer Stern.

It requires soldering and drilling new holes in your cabinet

I'm forgot to look at mine

#114 3 years ago

I've got opposite rails too

Never would have noticed it

Don't really care. Stern upgrade rails actually look good

#147 3 years ago

I just installed the green slimer lane guide from PBL. Has anybody put a green light strip in the trough area?

I put the Star Trek Vengeance plastic protector on ramp. Helps a little bit. Need a much better fix, hopefully Art comes through soon.

Having a blast playing it!

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

well i have ghosting on 7 inserts now after playing the pin like 20 times.

Sorry to hear that Robo, it seems like the airballs are the most likely cause but some pins like yours came with ghosting out of the box.

And I believe it was the airballs mostly if it was only happening on GB, but its on SMVE and GOT too.

Also hard to figure why Stern hasn't been able to figure it out since it just started with GOT and SMVE.

#167 3 years ago

Easier to just cut the pin blade in half and install that way? Or too difficult to line up?

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Iceman and others, what are your thoughts about the shaker in this game? I am on the fence about putting one in my premium (once it gets here).

I turned shaker all the way down in the settings for now. But I'd def get the shaker, combined with the lighting effects its awesome.

#185 3 years ago

Slimer bumping the metal guard in and out is the last thing i worry about.

#205 3 years ago

My PF has dimpling all over it. It's part of pinball if you actually play your pins.

I cut cling vinyl for my inserts so i can easily remove later and not have mylar all over my PF.

Use it in the shooter lane or my new favorite lazy fix there is a thin piece of self adhesive felt from Hobby Lobby. Works great!

Air balls have calmed way down after 250 plays or so. Still need that plastic protector at the ramp.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Hey Ice,
Are you having any ghosting ?

I have a tiny sliver of ghosting on the Tobin insert, I'll post pics, it happened almost right away, after first round of playing, 15 or 20 games, then nothing after about 250 total. The Tobin insert is tiny itself.

I also put some cling vinyl down on the inserts after that. The clear on my PF looks pretty darn good actually. The shooter lane looks 10x better than some of the others I've seen with ghosting and chipping.

I have to adjust to adjust the Slimer target switch but everything else is great!

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Keep us posted .

I def will. If it starts spreading it will be well documented!

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

How do you turn off the shaker motor? I saw something in the adjustments related to the shaker and set it to 'None', but that didn't work. Thanks!

Yeah it still shakes on certain modes/mb's, I'm sure its a bug. You'd have to unhook shaker.

I really don't think the shaker has much of anything to do with the inserts but at least initially it might be wise to unhook.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Has anyone tried the vengeance plastic on the left ramp to stop airballs from the stand up targets?

I have that now, it provides a little relief but its not a long term fix.

Hopefully Art, even though he is retired (what else does he have to do is working with Joe?

Desperately needed!

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But then the lights are scrolling/flashing again as if the mode is ready to start. But hitting the target does nothing.
I thought each hit would light one of the ghost letters, but on my game they are always scrolling/flashing as if ready to start all the time.

All of the lights have to be lit to start the mode.

Check your switch, it might not be registering hits like mine did. Had to adjust.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

I'm wondering what kind of resolution will come of this. Will they send a whole new machine or just a playfield?

Go to the "Stern, are you serious" thread and look at the similar problems and responses that people have received from Gary. Lots of info.

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So do your ghost lights start unlit (apart from the first ball which starts already lit), and then each time you hit one it lights a letter?
The problem with mine is it always looks the same - always flashing as if ready. It is never "unlit" and never lights each letter seperately.

That's not right what's happening. Let me get on and report what's going on with mine. You have to re light after the first hit to get him ready again

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

If Stern fixes the problems... I don't mind waiting that long for my prem.

Seems like its hit or miss. A head scratcher. Some PF's like KPG and others look like they are just falling apart with each play.

Others appear to be very solid. Mine is excellent aside from a tiny bit of ghosting on Tobin insert.

Unlike Art though, my play field looks like hammered dimples, which i don't mind because its pinball! My TWDLE looks much better and I've played the crap out of that one. Still, very shiny

It's a GREAT pin. A light show orgasm and the sound is Stern's best. Gorgeous artwork, great layout and really excellent code so far.

There is a lot more Dwight could do with it though and hopefully he does. The left proton pack target bank is basically worthless other than to collect gear award and pke frenzy.

I like being able to focus on different ladders each game or just playing the ramps for big scores. Still needs a bit more variety in ways to play it.

Play field multipliers and ramp shots lead to huge scores, needs more balance.

#292 3 years ago

That's not ghosting Flato, that's just an insert that's getting ready to drop! You'll have a new subway shot JK

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

The people that are getting ghosting is it like that right out of the box?

It really seems like 1/2 of the PF's are shit and the other 1/2 have minimal to no problems.

I love my GBLE too, minor ghosting on Tobin insert and holding.

Tiny chip on the out hole but people talking about putting a cliffy down there is ridiculous. Do you hold up a mirror and examine your "out hole"?

Taking it a bit too far imo.

2 weeks later
#328 3 years ago
Quoted from arkuz:

1) The librarian kickout goes SDTM, so I squeezed a little piece of styrofoam in there to one side of kickout arm and now it shoots perfectly to the flipper opposite. Seems like a mod opportunity, or Stern should shape the tip of that kickout plunger with a bit of a wedge.

Simply need to adjust the coil strength. I have mine softer to come out to left flipper.

#329 3 years ago

Enaud, my Tobin insert did the exact same thing about the same amount of plays in. No issues since over 500 plays.

I don't see that one as a big deal unless it starts spreading.

#338 3 years ago

This and TWDLE, best Stern pins ever.

If you can't like this one then "you have no dick" (spook central)

#341 3 years ago

What I'll say is the premiums aren't even out there yet.

Those thousands of people that get to play this great pin will start raving about it like myself.

I love it and you guys that have one coming will be thrilled when you get it.

1 week later
#360 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I regret buying the topper. It's the cheapest thing I saw in a long time.

Totally agree, Stern should be ashamed of that topper. Congrats on getting game!

1 week later
#470 3 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

has anyone got any ideas on how to dim the flashers near the slings? I have the flash lamp power on dim but wow when you get SFM or looping supers its bloody hard to hit the next shot because your blinded by the light. Its the two white triangles near each of the slings that is the main concern here.

That's what i love about it. Blinded by the light, revved up like a "douche", you know the runner in the night.

1 month later
#585 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Will do thx.
Sad note I have my first ghosting insert I found tonight. I'm not thrilled but I'll keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse.

Tobin insert?

Mine had a tiny bit from early on and nothing since.

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

My Tobin insert is about twice that long since about 60 games. It hasn't changed at all since. No other ghosting so far and I have a few hundred games on it.

Mine too, no worries!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Olive Branch, MS
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside