(Topic ID: 165010)

"Official" Ghostbuster all things LE/Premium Club!

By iceman44

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 631 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 177 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180312_222639 (resized).jpg
IMG_0121 (resized).PNG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
hi score (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
IMG_0306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
IMG_2706 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG

There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
#401 3 years ago

Just hope the replacement works for you.

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well it's new to him isn't it.

Exactly! I can't believe the nitpicking that can go on in here sometimes.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

After hours, maybe days of trying to make it to Stay Puft, I think I finally did it but nothing seems to happen. What did I do wrong?? After making some Gozer right orbit shots I made the PKE ramp, Gozer stopped blinking, I hit it into the orbit one more time and nothing, not lit up Stay Puft. Drained shortly afterwards, game over.
What a rush getting there(whole lotta points on the table as well)! I'm trying to figure out if I timed out before I hit PKE ramp or if I needed to reopen the scene for Stay Puft mode but drained before I did. Anyone get there yet?

You didn't finish the Gozer Mode. There are at least two stages to it:

After you hit the PKE ramp, you start the second part where you have to build the value with the left ramp or left orbit (only got there once so can't remember which one) and then have to collect at the Gozer target. I don't know if there is a third part to it because I drained trying to accomplish that...

#405 3 years ago

Anyone know why these angle brackets are here

IMG_9850 (resized).JPG

IMG_9851 (resized).JPG

IMG_9852 (resized).JPG

#406 3 years ago

I think they are for some add on they will probably offer later.

#407 3 years ago

Have people been receiving non working replacement boards?

#408 3 years ago

btw, i'm about 200 plays in and still no ghosting here. I know they found the problem and it was addressed. I think any future games coming out of the factory will not have ghosting issues. At least for a number of years anyway.

#409 3 years ago

So what are people using in the shooter lanes for protection.
I ordered the metal protectors from pinball life but does anyone have any ideas about between the two?

#410 3 years ago

These crazy airballs CAN get your ecto screen..

IMG20160928102428 (resized).jpg

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

btw, i'm about 200 plays in and still no ghosting here. I know they found the problem and it was addressed. I think any future games coming out of the factory will not have ghosting issues. At least for a number of years anyway.

What is your playfield date? I have none either albeit no plays on it but no ghosting. Mine is august 16th I believe.

#413 3 years ago

Do you have any air ball protection, what did it come off of

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Do you have any air ball protection, what did it come off of

Left ramp. I had a protector on there I'd made myself, but had taken it off to tweak it a bit.

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Ughh, that really sucks.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Exactly! I can't believe the nitpicking that can go on in here sometimes.

But it's all in good fun.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

You too.

#418 3 years ago

The brackets were added to prevent ball hang-ups. I imagine it just happened to be the parts bin near the line at the time. I went ahead and just removed them on mine since I thought they were ugly.

Quoted from Hdmike444:

#419 3 years ago

if you put a plastic plate over the underside of the goggles, does it mess with the illusion?

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you put a plastic plate over the underside of the goggles, does it mess with the illusion?

Or was it hit from the side?

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm going to try a few different things, this included. Then it doesn't matter from where the airball originates, the screen will be protected.

Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Or was it hit from the side?

I've been trying to work out the angle of approach. Some of the airballs are ricocheting two or three times before coming back under control, so honestly, it could have been from anything, but 90% of the airballs are definitely coming off the standups at the left ramp.

#422 3 years ago

Am I losing many scoring opportunities by disabling the playfield drops? I shut them down today. Man, they are annoying. 50% bricks, and just f'cking mean. And screw playing better and rising to the challenge.. they plain suck the fun like a big black hole of annoying fun-sucking hyper gravity. It's a blast otherwise . Oh, except for the lane guide hopping, geez. But anyway, get a 62m bonus, and then again 'cause it was held, and all is forgiven

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Am I losing many scoring opportunities by disabling the playfield drops? I shut them down today. Man, they are annoying. 50% bricks, and just f'cking mean. And screw playing better and rising to the challenge.. they plain suck the fun like a big black hole of annoying fun-sucking hyper gravity. It's a blast otherwise . Oh, except for the lane guide hopping, geez. But anyway, get a 62m bonus, and then again 'cause it was held, and all is forgiven

Piball Life has replacement springs for the drops. $2.

Or, if you want to do it yourself, just attach the drops to the stock springs and a lower loop...maybe 10 or so down.

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

just attach the drops to the stock springs and a lower loop...maybe 10 or so down.

Yeah, I should do that. I normally fix things rather than just turn them off, but gee it was fun for a while without them. I did feel like I was being bad though.

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yeah, I should do that. I normally fix things rather than just turn them off, but gee it was fun for a while without them. I did feel like I was being bad though.

Someone posted that they seem to be fixed on the new domestic run of the Premiums. We'll see....

#426 3 years ago

Pfff, ive thought about dropping them too, hardly anything to gain, work fine, but the Scolari mode seems to start more and more for some reason at every oppertunity, bastards!

But then again.. Without them life would be boring too...

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Someone posted that they seem to be fixed on the new domestic run of the Premiums. We'll see....

yes the drops are fixed. I don't have any problems with drops not dropping or bricking. they don't cause airballs really either.

Someone had a fix for the airballs off the standups. I was trying to find that part of the thread, but having found it yet. I think he just put thicker foam behind the targets. So when they get hit, they don't lean back as far.

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Piball Life has replacement springs for the drops. $2.
Or, if you want to do it yourself, just attach the drops to the stock springs and a lower loop...maybe 10 or so down.

I replaced the springs too soon after un-boxing and it helped with the bricking. However, what it did do (as mentioned by others) was to cause the plastic target ledge to break off on one of the targets. I dis-abled my targets too because they would then start to machine gun and sounded like the machine was tearing itself apart. Broke down and ordered 2 of the replacement ledges...$ 3 at pbl and $ 4 at Marco

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes the drops are fixed. I don't have any problems with drops not dropping or bricking. they don't cause airballs really either.
Someone had a fix for the airballs off the standups. I was trying to find that part of the thread, but having found it yet. I think he just put thicker foam behind the targets. So when they get hit, they don't lean back as far.

Yeah, it was your post. Very good to hear!

#430 3 years ago

Still no ghosting. Also fixed some other issues.

I've noticed on a lot of LE pictures the flippers seemed down to far and misaligned. Mine was the same way. Because the marking guides are down to far. I adjusted the flippers where they should be and now shots are smooth. Far right tight ramp is easier and smooth. Ball reacts the way it should from bounces. Main ramp you can backhand with the left flipper. Before shots would feel a little off. Hitting entrances on the way in, instead of flowing in. Now all shots are smoothed out. Feels 100% better.

Also solved bounce overs and reduced side drains from the metal guides on the outlanes. I've told people this before and nobody seems to put forth any effort to do it. So I looked at how they had the side rails mounted. They go all the way through the playfield and flush with the backside. Rails do not need to be that far in. Especially ones this thick.
Tools you will need:
Hammer
Drill bit, awl or rod that is smaller diameter than the rail.

Have someone hold the playfield up, put the flat part of the drill bit against the rail edge and hit it in about 1/4". Not only did it stop bounce overs, but also reduced side drains. Which at first, I couldn't figure out why. Height of the rail shouldn't effect it. But here's what i found out. The rail has a curved edge. With the rail to low, the curved edge hits under the ball and not on the outside edge of it's greatest circumference. This also would get under the ball and cause lift, allowing the ball to roll up the curve of the metal rail. With the rail 1/4" higher, it now hits the widest part of the ball. Giving no lift, and closing the side gap, as it doesn't allow about 1/16" of ball to travel over it. Made a big difference and doesn't cost a cent. These are the types of things that are done when dialing in a game and make a huge difference in getting your games to play smooth and nice.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I've noticed on a lot of LE pictures the flippers seemed down to far and misaligned. Mine was the same way. Because the marking guides are down to far. I adjusted the flippers where they should be and now shots are smooth. Far right tight ramp is easier and smooth. Ball reacts the way it should from bounces. Main ramp you can backhand with the left flipper. Before shots would feel a little off. Hitting entrances on the way in, instead of flowing in. Now all shots are smoothed out. Feels 100% better.
Also solved bounce overs and reduced side drains from the metal guides on the outlanes. I've told people this before and nobody seems to put forth any effort to do it. So I looked at how they had the side rails mounted. They go all the way through the playfield and flush with the backside. Rails do not need to be that far in. Especially ones this thick.
Tools you will need:
Hammer
Have someone hold the playfield up, put the flat part of the drill bit against the rail edge and hit it in about 1/4". Not only did it stop bounce overs, but also reduced side drains. Which at first, I couldn't figure out why. Height of the rail shouldn't effect it. But here's what i found out. The rail has a curved edge. With the rail to low, the curved edge hits under the ball and not on the outside edge of it's greatest circumference. This also would get under the ball and cause lift, allowing the ball to roll up the curve of the metal rail. With the rail 1/4" higher, it now hits the widest part of the ball. Giving no lift, and closing the side gap, as it doesn't allow about 1/16" of ball to travel over it. Made a big difference and doesn't cost a cent. These are the types of things that are done when dialing in a game and make a huge difference in getting your games to play smooth and nice.

Love the guide tips. Definitely doing this tonight.
I tried the flipper adjustment as well. It stopped the airballs, but I didn't find any pickup in shot ability. I found the right ramp harder to complete. Not harder to hit, just had less energy to complete reliably. I just put this here as a data point, not saying it hasn't made a positive difference for you.

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Tools you will need:
Hammer

Still baffled why Stern isn't assembling this correctly at the factory. You's think JT would have said something to the people on the line.

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Tools you will need:
Hammer

For adjusting flippers, do you mean you made them level along the edge of the rails like most other games?

#434 3 years ago

yes, they are more even with the inlanes. so it's more of a line.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, they are more even with the inlanes. so it's more of a line.

On this game, they are actually supposed to be lower and not even with the lanes. That is by design. Cool to see you got your game, I should have mine any month now... LOL

#436 3 years ago

I think some people a while ago on one the GB threads wrote about experimenting with the flipper angle, though many ultimately decided to go back to Trudeau's original design based on shot geometry. I guess maybe it's a trial and error situation?

Regarding the guide rail fix, is it your sense that it would not be necessary with either the PBL kit or extended plastic protectors over the rails?

#437 3 years ago

I don't know if they are suppose to be that low. Because shots were hitting the sides when entering areas. With the flippers the way I have them, I can still make all shots, and they are much smoother. The transition angles feel spot on now, where before it felt like everything was off. I really don't think it was ment to be that low. I think the markers were stamped too low. Come over and play mine and compare to one out of the box, you will see what I mean.

#438 3 years ago

just for the record. I didn't go completely straight with the inlanes. I raised them up so the bottom of the rubber is even with the marking hole.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Is it possible those angle brackets are for an upcoming proton beam add-on?

#440 3 years ago

My node board showed up today which is awesome but I won't be home until late so I probably won't even have time to put it in
If my protectors show up tomorrow I'll be Playing by the weekend I hope.
Anyone have any ideas in the shooter lane protection department on top of the metal protectors.
I haven't had good luck with Mylar in the trough part of the lane

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

My node board showed up today which is awesome but I won't be home until late so I probably won't even have time to put it in
If my protectors show up tomorrow I'll be Playing by the weekend I hope.
Anyone have any ideas in the shooter lane protection department on top of the metal protectors.
I haven't had good luck with Mylar in the trough part of the lane

This shop out of Germany sells a shooter lane protector for Ghostbusters I'm interested in, but they will not ship to the US. Maybe some other retailer in the US has imported these and sells them? The plastic is molded and looks thicker than typical adhesive mylar.

http://pinball-universe.de/ghostbusters-shooter-lane-protector

#442 3 years ago

Those look nice. I might email my aunt in Germany and have her buy one and ship it to me.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Those look nice. I might email my aunt in Germany and have her buy one and ship it to me.

Maybe 2? I'd be willing to pay for the item and shipping incurred for your aunt.

#444 3 years ago

So I Have a few questions,
First what do people have their coil power set to to keep things from draining or firing up the shooter lane?
Also wondering if there is a lighting adjustment to dim anything down at all?
I'm going to switch to green t-molding , where do you find it?
I see people talking about cling vinyl, where can you but this, and is it in place of Mylar?

Thanks

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Maybe 2? I'd be willing to pay for the item and shipping incurred for your aunt.

I just sent the link to her to see if she can do it. I'll keep you posted.
Nice find!

#446 3 years ago

Hi
Just got my GB kit for outlanes air ball drains and it's a must buy if you weren't sure. They works and looks great.

I also add new springs for my Scolari brothers cause the left one was a brick to hit. Now it works like a charm. Note that if your right Scolari works already good, don't add a new spring (they sale by 2). I changed mine but it was so sensible that I had to put back the old one. The shaker was dropping it for me!

Hope it can Help!

#447 3 years ago

Any suggestions for tweaking the switch on the top of the left ramp? Either it doesn't register well or (after adjusting) the switch will stop the ball in its tracks. This makes the game basically unplayable as there are many things which require that ramp shot.

#448 3 years ago

So I got home earlier than expected and swapped boards. Game booted fine. Yippee!
Then I decided to make an air ball protector if I was going to play it tonight. So an hour later it is a beauty( thanks Dennis for the design it worked perfect!)
Then I decided I would add Mylar to the drain area just in case.
Finally I added a little Mylar to the shooter lane until my protectors arrive tomorrow (hopefully)
I have had the game for 4 days and not played it yet. I clean the balls and put them in push the start button and nothing.

Then I power off and on and think maybe it needs to reset since I added balls...nope it comes up with the same message that the same node board is bad.....FUCK!!!!

I am so pissed off and bummed out! Now I have to wait until tomorrow night to talk to someone while I'm in front of the machine again and will not be able to play until next week now because that's probably when I'll get my next board!

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Any suggestions for tweaking the switch on the top of the left ramp? Either it doesn't register well or (after adjusting) the switch will stop the ball in its tracks. This makes the game basically unplayable as there are many things which require that ramp shot.

I had that problem as well. Holding the end closest to where it connects on the first part of the metal tab with one two fingers right by the switch and bend in or out with other hand just beyond and bend you'll find the sweet spot eventually. You want to make sure the first part is able to depress that button and that the second or furthest part is out enough to apply enough pressure to trigger switch. I thought mine was out too far, but you'd be surprised at home much momentum the ball has once going down ramp. If it's stopping the ball, you've gone too far or need to bend a different way. Make sure you're in test mode when bending and throw some balls up the top of the ramp and you'll get her. Trial and error on that one

Difficult to describe, hope that helps. Can post pics if you need

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

So I got home earlier than expected and swapped boards. Game booted fine. Yippee!
Then I decided to make an air ball protector if I was going to play it tonight. So an hour later it is a beauty( thanks Dennis for the design it worked perfect!)
Then I decided I would add Mylar to the drain area just in case.
Finally I added a little Mylar to the shooter lane until my protectors arrive tomorrow (hopefully)
I have had the game for 4 days and not played it yet. I clean the balls and put them in push the start button and nothing.
Then I power off and on and think maybe it needs to reset since I added balls...nope it comes up with the same message that the same node board is bad.....FUCK!!!!
I am so pissed off and bummed out! Now I have to wait until tomorrow night to talk to someone while I'm in front of the machine again and will not be able to play until next week now because that's probably when I'll get my next board!

Crazy question, but you've put it on free play mode, right?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kutztown, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside