(Topic ID: 165010)

"Official" Ghostbuster all things LE/Premium Club!

By iceman44

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 631 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180312_222639 (resized).jpg
IMG_0121 (resized).PNG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
hi score (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
IMG_0306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
IMG_2706 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG
There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

What did somebody claim they were ALL bad? Obviously that's not true... just an alarming amount of them
After all these pics of ghosting and chipping PF's it's nice to see pics of a "normal" one...

Yea I agree there are way too many with issues, and Stern has to 'own' that at some point. But there was a previous post that alluded to the fact we were wrong or not telling the truth in claiming some playfields were fine, so we posted some pics. Only time will tell over the long-haul, but so far they are good. I stay in pretty close contact with my Distro, and for what it is worth, they say they have only received 1 report of 1 minor playfield issue out of the 20 LE's they sold. I know folks will say you can't trust what they say, but we have a pretty darn good relationship, and I tend to believe them. I realize there are others who claim that ALL of their machines were defective, and that may very well be true....I just hate some of the statements I see that EVERY GB is defective, when in reality that is not true.

#302 7 years ago

For what its worth, I have a Playfield built the same dates as Manimal. Stamped playfield date is July 7th and there is a handwritten number that looks like it indicates July 5th, along with a "20". I picked up my game from the distributor on August 9th. I play mine almost every evening. The game has 208 plays and no ghosting. I know what ghosting looks like because my SMVE has many ghosting inserts.

IMG_3288 (resized).JPGIMG_3288 (resized).JPG

IMG_3287 (resized).JPGIMG_3287 (resized).JPG

IMG_3289 (resized).JPGIMG_3289 (resized).JPG

IMG_3309 (resized).JPGIMG_3309 (resized).JPG

IMG_3311 (resized).JPGIMG_3311 (resized).JPG

IMG_3313 (resized).JPGIMG_3313 (resized).JPG

IMG_3315 (resized).JPGIMG_3315 (resized).JPG

IMG_3316 (resized).JPGIMG_3316 (resized).JPG

IMG_3319 (resized).JPGIMG_3319 (resized).JPG

IMG_3323 (resized).JPGIMG_3323 (resized).JPG

IMG_3328 (resized).JPGIMG_3328 (resized).JPG

IMG_3329 (resized).JPGIMG_3329 (resized).JPG

IMG_3336 (resized).JPGIMG_3336 (resized).JPG

#303 7 years ago

Nice! Definitely looks like they were from the same run. Hopefully it was the day where the teacher was coating the playfields rather than the students..........

#304 7 years ago

More importantly, hopefully it indicates they corrected whatever process problem there was and the new playfields will be good. I'm still waiting for my premium...

#305 7 years ago

I'm so glad to see others with NON-ghosting issues, especially with a Playfield marked the same as mine. I love this game and so does my family... I hope my luck holds out because this game is a keeper. I'm also hoping Stern is finally figuring things out for the upcoming Premiums AND that they will make it right for all those with crap playfields.

#306 7 years ago

I see little shop of games has an airball fix. I'm not a fan of the design etched into it. Anyone else selling one yet?

#307 7 years ago

I just played an LE on location in DC that was set up earlier this week. Unfortunately, several inserts had some ghosting. I do not know the production/playfield dates, but I assume it was from a later run. On the positive side, the game played well and was tons of fun, though those outlanes can be mighty frustrating. There were a few airballs, but nothing too drastic. I'm keeping my premium order at this point, though am really hoping the problems are worked out before any more are delivered.

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I just played an LE on location in DC that was set up earlier this week. Unfortunately, several inserts had some ghosting. I do not know the production/playfield dates, but I assume it was from a later run. On the positive side, the game played well and was tons of fun, though those outlines can be mighty frustrating. There were a few airballs, but nothing too drastic. I'm keeping my premium order at this point, though am really hoping the problems are worked out before any more are delivered.

Yeah set mine up on Monday getting the ghosts as well thinking about disabling shaker something tells me that's not gonna do anything. Strange that there was seemingly a good run in july.

#309 7 years ago

Played the snot out of my GB LE today, had a few good games, best today was 788M
Love this game so much my head could explode!

#310 7 years ago

The people that are getting ghosting is it like that right out of the box?

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

The people that are getting ghosting is it like that right out of the box?

It really seems like 1/2 of the PF's are shit and the other 1/2 have minimal to no problems.

I love my GBLE too, minor ghosting on Tobin insert and holding.

Tiny chip on the out hole but people talking about putting a cliffy down there is ridiculous. Do you hold up a mirror and examine your "out hole"?

Taking it a bit too far imo.

#312 7 years ago

I've got GBLE #428 which is a UK delivered machine.....no ghosting. PF is perfect, and games plays 100% out of the box. Machine build date is June 27, 2016.

#313 7 years ago

Do I got mine today and so far so good crossing my fingers

#314 7 years ago

For those of you with the issue of the Auto-launcher just blasting the ball down the lane, try replacing your plunger spring with the following. Marco has them for a buck or two. It isn't a complete fix, but it will do until a code fix, or something better comes along. It is 2 screws and about 3 minutes to fix, and makes all of the difference in the world. The ball still jets around the back of the field a bit, but you want it to in order to make the full orbit. But it really calms things down so it isn't smashing into the gate, or clipping the Stay-Puft man.

Spring (resized).jpgSpring (resized).jpg

Added over 8 years ago: Sorry, I should have specified this is for the auto-plunge coil, not the manual plunger. I knew it in my head and thought everyone could read minds. Sorry for the confusion

#315 7 years ago

So are the premiums being built now?

There was a pic in the real thread of a premium on location in the US with a 8/24 build date.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So are the premiums being built now?
There was a pic in the real thread of a premium on location in the US with a 8/24 build date.

I would be suprised if they are already making premiums as they haven't even finished the LE's yet.

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I would be suprised if they are already making premiums as they haven't even finished the LE's yet.

It's the same exact playfield, just different cabinet. If that one was built on 8/24 I really don't think they did just one unit for the heck of it.

It wouldn't surprise me if all the LE's are built but distributors just haven't received or shipped them yet.

1 week later
#318 7 years ago

Premiums are coming very soon I hear..... Anyone see a GB from a very recent build date?

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Premiums are coming very soon I hear..... Anyone see a GB from a very recent build date?

I have an LE with a build date of Aug 22. No ghosting so far & came with properly matched rails, as well as captive ball mod. Only put 5 games on it in two weeks though.

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I have an LE with a build date of Aug 22. No ghosting so far & came with properly matched rails, as well as captive ball mod. Only put 5 games on it in two weeks though.

Good to hear!

#321 7 years ago

I reported my ghosting issues. My Tobin's insert is starting to chip a little. Bums me out, man. All in all, I have 4 ghosted inserts, one starting to show chipping. I'm also shocked at how quickly the shooter lane is wearing. My AC/DC still has no wear, and neither do my Iron Man, Spider-Man, or Tron machines. My TSPP was routed, so it has some wear, but after thousands of games, you'd expect it.

20160906_185108 (resized).jpg20160906_185108 (resized).jpg
20160906_185059 (resized).jpg20160906_185059 (resized).jpg
20160906_185049 (resized).jpg20160906_185049 (resized).jpg
20160906_185016 (resized).jpg20160906_185016 (resized).jpg

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I reported my ghosting issues. My Tobin's insert is starting to chip a little. Bums me out, man. All in all, I have 4 ghosted inserts, one starting to show chipping. I'm also shocked at how quickly the shooter lane is wearing. My AC/DC still has no wear, and neither do my Iron Man, Spider-Man, or Tron machines. My TSPP was routed, so it has some wear, but after thousands of games, you'd expect it.

My shooter lane was literally peeling off after 150 games - never seen anything like it on any game I've owned. The clear appears thick, but seems to not be adhering to the wood.

#323 7 years ago

Well, shit. I've been in the GBLE club for a week and today I joined the ghosting club.
Tobin's is ghosting after 58 plays. Time to plug up the shaker motor and play the hell out of it.
I've emailed my distributor and Stern support. This sux.

Playfield Date: August 12,2016
Manufacture Date: August 31, 2016

Tobins-Insert-Ghosting-9-11-2016 (resized).JPGTobins-Insert-Ghosting-9-11-2016 (resized).JPG
Total-Plays-Audit-9-11-2016 (resized).JPGTotal-Plays-Audit-9-11-2016 (resized).JPG

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Well, shit. I've been in the GBLE club for a week and today I joined the ghosting club.
Tobin's is ghosting after 58 plays. Time to plug up the shaker motor and play the hell out of it.
I've emailed my distributor and Stern support. This sux.
Playfield Date: August 12,2016
Manufacture Date: August 31, 2016

Bummer, stern should cover it....hopefully

#325 7 years ago

Got my LE up and running today, loving it, and so far the playfield clearcoat has no issues, and the rails match (the notched style). Machine is #251.

That said, I do have the airballs, sometimes right over the flippers. Anxiously awaiting the plastic guard I ordered from Oldpinguy. Another way to fix that might be a sticker for the targets that has a ledge on the top to block the ball from using them as ramps.

Two other concerns:

1) The librarian kickout goes SDTM, so I squeezed a little piece of styrofoam in there to one side of kickout arm and now it shoots perfectly to the flipper opposite. Seems like a mod opportunity, or Stern should shape the tip of that kickout plunger with a bit of a wedge.

2) Often the audio has a sound effect that sounds less like an effect and more like a glitch. It seems like it could be intentional, it has the same rhythm of pulses like the bright chimey cue that goes jing-a-ling-a-ling, but instead of a bright high frequency bell sound, it's more like a car horn, but without sounding like a horn. It sounds like a digital glitch. Is that supposed to be there? Is it a cue for something and my ears just don't hear it right?

#326 7 years ago

2 - are you talking about the warning sound when the captive ball is about to release? I think it happens when the equipment targets are about to turn off too.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from arkuz:

2) Often the audio has a sound effect that sounds less like an effect and more like a glitch. It seems like it could be intentional, it has the same rhythm of pulses like the bright chimey cue that goes jing-a-ling-a-ling, but instead of a bright high frequency bell sound, it's more like a car horn, but without sounding like a horn. It sounds like a digital glitch. Is that supposed to be there? Is it a cue for something and my ears just don't hear it right?

There are some audio timers that go off during gameplay letting you know time is running out to make a shot. Typically the shot that needs to made starts flashing quicker along with the audio sounds until time is up. Sounds like a series of beeps

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from arkuz:

1) The librarian kickout goes SDTM, so I squeezed a little piece of styrofoam in there to one side of kickout arm and now it shoots perfectly to the flipper opposite. Seems like a mod opportunity, or Stern should shape the tip of that kickout plunger with a bit of a wedge.

Simply need to adjust the coil strength. I have mine softer to come out to left flipper.

#329 7 years ago

Enaud, my Tobin insert did the exact same thing about the same amount of plays in. No issues since over 500 plays.

I don't see that one as a big deal unless it starts spreading.

#330 7 years ago

Yes, I think those raw beeps are the warnings -- thought that might be the case, thanks guys. I'm not a fan of that sound and hope it can be customized, or might change with code updates.

#331 7 years ago

Those beeps were in the last code update and I did not like them but after playing for awhile I became use to them,you should also

#332 7 years ago

This is why I put mine on hold till Jan.Issues should be fixed by then,hopefully!!

#333 7 years ago

I think I have one of the last GBLE's built #492 playfield date 8/25/16 build date 9/1/16 anyone else have one with a later build date. Premiums should be here soon.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from klinde1:

I think I have one of the last GBLE's built #492 playfield date 8/25/16 build date 9/1/16 anyone else have one with a later build date. Premiums should be here soon.

There are a handful of us still waiting on our GBLE, they have not been built yet. I am hoping for GBLE #497 to match my METLE #497

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

There are a handful of us still waiting on our GBLE, they have not been built yet. I am hoping for GBLE #497 to match my METLE #497

MAYBE! The last 30 will be Super LE's??????

#336 7 years ago

If anyone was waiting for the center post protector/upgrade from pinballlife they're back in stock.

#338 7 years ago

This and TWDLE, best Stern pins ever.

If you can't like this one then "you have no dick" (spook central)

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This and TWDLE, best Stern pins ever.
If you can't like this one then "you have no dick" (spook central)

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#340 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

If anyone was waiting for the center post protector/upgrade from pinballlife they're back in stock.

Thanks, was finally able to grab one.

#341 7 years ago

What I'll say is the premiums aren't even out there yet.

Those thousands of people that get to play this great pin will start raving about it like myself.

I love it and you guys that have one coming will be thrilled when you get it.

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What I'll say is the premiums aren't even out there yet.
Those thousands of people that get to play this great pin will start raving about it like myself.
I love it and you guys that have one coming will be thrilled when you get it.

Now I know it's on a boat, I'm chomping to play it.

#343 7 years ago

Just put in an hour of 2-player games with my wife. It's such a great game.

I put the airball plastic on, and it makes contact with the ball on a ramp shot. I'm going to have to throw some washers on to raise it, but right now it eliminates backhands and makes right flipper shots sloppy.

1 week later
#344 7 years ago

After hours, maybe days of trying to make it to Stay Puft, I think I finally did it but nothing seems to happen. What did I do wrong?? After making some Gozer right orbit shots I made the PKE ramp, Gozer stopped blinking, I hit it into the orbit one more time and nothing, not lit up Stay Puft. Drained shortly afterwards, game over.

What a rush getting there(whole lotta points on the table as well)! I'm trying to figure out if I timed out before I hit PKE ramp or if I needed to reopen the scene for Stay Puft mode but drained before I did. Anyone get there yet?

#345 7 years ago

Just installed PinGraffix left ramp ball deflector plastic on my GBLE- wow, what a difference it makes. The plastic has virtually eliminated all of my air balls. This should have been installed by Stern at the factory from the outset. I did use washers to raise it just a fraction.
IMO, this is a must have addition which has made a great game even better.

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Just installed PinGraffix left ramp ball deflector plastic on my GBLE- wow, what a difference it makes. The plastic has virtually eliminated all of my air balls. This should have been installed by Stern at the factory from the outset. I did use washers to raise it just a fraction.
IMO, this is a must have addition which has made a great game even better.

I don't know why Stern doesn't fix some issues like this. It's like Metallica where there's crazy airballs off Sparky's feet which is easily solved with a new clear plastic piece which covers the feet better.

Rob

#347 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

After hours, maybe days of trying to make it to Stay Puft, I think I finally did it but nothing seems to happen. What did I do wrong?? After making some Gozer right orbit shots I made the PKE ramp, Gozer stopped blinking, I hit it into the orbit one more time and nothing, not lit up Stay Puft. Drained shortly afterwards, game over.
What a rush getting there(whole lotta points on the table as well)! I'm trying to figure out if I timed out before I hit PKE ramp or if I needed to reopen the scene for Stay Puft mode but drained before I did. Anyone get there yet?

Keen to hear more on this

#348 7 years ago

IMG_7399 (resized).JPGIMG_7399 (resized).JPG

IMG_7397 (resized).JPGIMG_7397 (resized).JPG

IMG_7398 (resized).JPGIMG_7398 (resized).JPG

#349 7 years ago

Welcome to the worst club that you never wanted to join...

#350 7 years ago

Played 3 games more and...

IMG_7400 (resized).JPGIMG_7400 (resized).JPG

IMG_7401 (resized).JPGIMG_7401 (resized).JPG

IMG_7404 (resized).JPGIMG_7404 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.95
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ghostbuster-all-things-lepremium-club/page/7?hl=swampy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.