(Topic ID: 165010)

"Official" Ghostbuster all things LE/Premium Club!

By iceman44

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 631 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180312_222639 (resized).jpg
IMG_0121 (resized).PNG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
hi score (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
IMG_0306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
IMG_2706 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG
There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.
#251 7 years ago

Anyone else having clearcoat chipping issues at the "proton pack" or whatever inserts in the outlanes? The ball can't even contact this edge, so my theory is that the impact on the plastic is leading to it putting pressure on the hole edges.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Unlike Art though, my play field looks like hammered dimples, which i don't mind because its pinball! My TWDLE looks much better and I've played the crap out of that one. Still, very shiny

I looked at my friends GB Pro which has been on route for 3 or 4 months. The playfield dimples have evened out the surface and it still looks pretty good. If the flipper power could be tuned down a little that might help. Also, the autolauncher should have a power adjust as well because it's way too strong.

Quoted from iceman44:

It's a GREAT pin. A light show orgasm and the sound is Stern's best. Gorgeous artwork, great layout and really excellent code so far.

The light show is great! It's amazing how great the flashers are on this game compares to how poor they were on KISS.

Quoted from iceman44:

There is a lot more Dwight could do with it though and hopefully he does. The left proton pack target bank is basically worthless other than to collect gear award and pke frenzy.

I think everyone would like to see a 2 ball, bash slimer multiball. I hope he adds a few more rules, tweaks and maybe that 2 ball multiball.

Rob

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Am i the only one where the auto ball launcher just rockets the thing to the the back of the machine? I mean it hits the back so hard it will sometimes come back down the shooter lane! Im terrified every time I lose a ball and the ball kicks it out to shooter then launches the crap out of the ball! I set the coils to soft to no avail.

same with mine...also did not notice any difference with coils on soft...

#254 7 years ago

I have that issue too....I'm assuming it is a programming bug since the coil adjustment has no effect.

#255 7 years ago

Beat the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man last night and got to the "We Came, We Saw, We kicked it's..." mode. Such a great game. The light show, call outs, art, music & sounds, and the magnetic slings make this game my all time favorite. 24 billion high score so far

When I play my STLE now it almost looks like an old EM game as compared to GBLE.

For those complaining about GBLE I have no idea how you could have made it better.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

When I play my STLE now it almost looks like an old EM game as compared to GBLE.
For those complaining about GBLE I have no idea how you could have made it better.

All good but since the playfield is not going to hold up really a shame they didn't stick with the same playfield maker as STLE. My STLE is still in pristine condition.

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

...really a shame they didn't stick with the same playfield maker as STLE.

We don't know that they changed playfield makers. Just idle speculation.

#258 7 years ago

I know just makes the most sense at this point and doubtful we will ever know the real reason.

#259 7 years ago

Has anyone installed the Mirror Replacement Mod? Do you see much of a need for it?

http://cointaker.com/products/ghostbusters-mirror-replacement-mod

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I know just makes the most sense at this point and doubtful we will ever know the real reason.

Well use a flashlight and check the three edges you can easily see on your ST PF to see if it says "Churchill". Apparently the GB's have no company logo's stamped on the sides of their PF.
That would seem to indicate they no longer come from Churchill. And you would think any other subcontractor would have their name stamped on the edge as that has always been the case in the past.

We'll guess our way through this mystery!

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Has anyone installed the Mirror Replacement Mod? Do you see much of a need for it?
http://cointaker.com/products/ghostbusters-mirror-replacement-mod

This is a better mod for the reversed lettering you would still get with the mirror mod.

http://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-pke-illumination

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

This is a better mod for the reversed lettering you would still get with the mirror mod.
http://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-pke-illumination

These are the ones I'm waiting for. The mirror isn't bad, but I like these.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

All good but since the playfield is not going to hold up really a shame they didn't stick with the same playfield maker as STLE. My STLE is still in pristine condition.

Don't lump all of the GB's together. There are a lot of LE's with perfectly fine playfields. Maybe a different manufacturer...who knows. .

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

24 billion high score so far

I don't want to talk to you anymore.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Same with my Mustang pro.

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Don't lump all of the GB's together. There are a lot of LE's with perfectly fine playfields. Maybe a different manufacturer...who knows. .

I am not convinced there are I think most have issues and many don't know what they are looking for or simply don't know to look at all at least as far as ghosting goes

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I am not convinced there are I think most have issues and many don't know what they are looking for or simply don't know to look at all at least as far as ghosting goes

Flato are you having any issues with yours? Just curious cause I'm
Hoping the later builds are better?

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Flato are you having any issues with yours? Just curious cause I'm
Hoping the later builds are better?

Ghosted inserts on we came we saw out of box spooked librarian and light super jack pot after 1 day nothing since but it has only been 3 days, no cracking or anything else I will post pictures tommrow. If you told me that this was it nothing ever is going to get worse I would not care but if additional ghosting and cracking is going to occur you gotta be kidding me on a 8k pin also some don't realize this ghosting was documented on got 5 plus months ago, on phone now will look for link later but Stern has known for a while maybe some will get lucky but I would be surprised if this does not end up on premiums to.

#269 7 years ago

Thanks for the update sorry to hear that I totally agree 8k it should be high quality how they let these go the door like
This is ridiculous. I am getting my LE in a few days so crossing my fingers. Let's just hope stern does right by their customers and comes through with a full replacement populated.

#270 7 years ago

I know what I'm looking for and have no ghosting inserts (yet) on my GBLE at 74 plays (playfield date 7/20). I *do* have clearcoat chipping in the outhole + at the proton pack insert/fillers and a whole lot of dimpling. Kind of annoying, but I think it's more due to the clearcoat thickness.

As a comparison, my other two NIB games were LOTR and TSPP. Both have really thin clearcoat, enough that you can feel the paint edges on the various silk layers. TSPP had some ugly shooter lane wear that I touched up, and LOTR lost a chunk of clearcoat + artwork where the shooter lane lands on the playfield. I glued it back down and spot cleared about five years ago, and it's been fine since.

I expect some wear on any machine, but ghosting inserts would piss me off. Fun fact- my GBLE playfield has the word "FAIR" written on the side of it. That's neat.

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Fun fact- my GBLE playfield has the word "FAIR" written on the side of it. That's neat.

Let's hope that's not some informal grading system Stern has going on...

#272 7 years ago

It's certainly not perfect, but honestly no product on earth is. I'm a total perfectionist, but I've been trying to get better about looking for the positive side of things and just rolling with it. Ghostbusters is an awesome game. It's loud, flashy and fun with a fantastically executed theme. Just play it, enjoy it, and trust that Stern will figure things out eventually and make things right.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Well, I can say I definitely know what I am looking for, and trust me, I inspect my playfield every night after playing....always half-expecting something to show up. I very recently saw two others with the same mid-July production dates and as of those dates, none of us had or have any ghosting or insert issues other than the normal jeweling. One guy has a very tiny chip in his shooter lane, but the other two of us applied mylar to the lanes pretty much out of the box, so we have nothing. The ghosting isn't hard to find if it is there.

#275 7 years ago

I just made these for my topper for my Ghostbusters LE...

GEDC3129.JPGGEDC3129.JPG

#276 7 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics of the side rails guys, I also have the mismatched rails and didn't even notice until it was brought up in this thread. All GBLE owners, check your side rails!

IMG_0151 (resized).jpgIMG_0151 (resized).jpg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpgIMG_0150 (resized).jpg

#277 7 years ago

Also, is anyone having trouble with their Ecto Goggles? My screen will go all white in attract mode and then just spin all the ghosts like a slot machine during game play. I can fix it by unplugging and reseating the CAT 6 connector that attaches it to the node board, but this only lasts for a few games before I have to do it again.

I told my distributor about it, but thought I would check and see if anyone else has experienced anything like this?

#278 7 years ago

Please post some pictures of these perfect playfields.

#279 7 years ago

I hope I am not jinxing myself, but here are mine, right around 200 plays:

IMG_0174 (resized).jpgIMG_0174 (resized).jpgIMG_0175 (resized).jpgIMG_0175 (resized).jpgIMG_0173 (resized).jpgIMG_0173 (resized).jpgIMG_0172 (resized).jpgIMG_0172 (resized).jpgIMG_0171 (resized).jpgIMG_0171 (resized).jpgIMG_0170 (resized).jpgIMG_0170 (resized).jpgIMG_0169 (resized).jpgIMG_0169 (resized).jpgIMG_0168 (resized).jpgIMG_0168 (resized).jpgIMG_0167 (resized).jpgIMG_0167 (resized).jpgIMG_0165 (resized).jpgIMG_0165 (resized).jpgIMG_0164 (resized).jpgIMG_0164 (resized).jpgIMG_0163 (resized).jpgIMG_0163 (resized).jpgIMG_0161 (resized).jpgIMG_0161 (resized).jpgIMG_0162 (resized).jpgIMG_0162 (resized).jpgIMG_0160 (resized).jpgIMG_0160 (resized).jpg

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

For reference purposes - what's your build date or date stamp on the playfield?

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from rad:

For reference purposes - what's your build date or date stamp on the playfield?

August 1st and July 20th on the playfield, #39 also stamped on it.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Looks pretty good but it looks like we came we saw has a little bit of ghosting

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Not saying that its right, but why are people not putting mylar over the drain edge if its already known to wear clear away in that region? All my Stern's playfields, good or bad wear hard there. With GBs art so close to that edge and the known issue with the clear, I will be for sure preemptively protecting that area whenever my premium arrives.

Mylar won't protect shitty clearcoat job.

#284 7 years ago

Can't hurt going to put some cling vinyl there after seeing the pictures of the 10k play Metallica chipping there owner thought it might be because edge was straight and not beveled.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I will be more than happy to this evening when I get home. I'll see if I can get some pics sent of the other two as well.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Looks pretty good but it looks like we came we saw has a little bit of ghosting

I think you are seeing the edge reflection.

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I think you are seeing the edge reflection.

Don't think so if you zoom in on the top the line is not straight it's got little hills so to speak. The white inserts are hardest to notice.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Don't think so if you zoom in on the top the line is not straight it's got little hills so to speak. The white inserts are hardest to notice.

Yea, I think I would need a different angle before I drew that conclusion. A colored piece of paper under a clear insert will give a better picture without reflection underneath. Always easier to see in person, so maybe the Parabol420 can chime in and say for sure.

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Yea, I think I would need a different angle before I drew that conclusion. A colored piece of paper under a clear insert will give a better picture without reflection underneath. Always easier to see in person, so maybe the Parabol420 can chime in and say for sure.

I am going with Manimal on this one. I think it is definitely the angle of the photo. When I look at it very closely with my eye, it is even, and, I believe, it is the border of the glue or the bottom of the insert on the underside that you are seeing. It goes all the way around the entire insert.

#290 7 years ago

Mines ghosting at the top looks pretty similar

20160822_203218 (resized).jpg20160822_203218 (resized).jpg

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I don't think that's ghosting

#292 7 years ago

That's not ghosting Flato, that's just an insert that's getting ready to drop! You'll have a new subway shot JK

#293 7 years ago

A

Quoted from EricHadley:I don't think that's ghosting

It's a white milky uneven line that doesn't exist on the other sides of the insert I think it's harder to spot since the insert is clear.

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

A

It's a white milky uneven line that doesn't exist on the other sides of the insert I think it's harder to spot since the insert is clear.

I think it's the edge of the insert being seen due to the angle of the picture.....Doesn't look like ghosting at all

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

No...not ghosting. Take a look at a ghosted insert and compare the two. You will see a distinct difference

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

It's certainly not perfect, but honestly no product on earth is.

Agreed, just want to go back 5 month or so when there was no mention of ghosting on any Sterns. We need to get back to that again so all that's left to read is 'where's the code' threads.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

As requested, here is mine. I have sent requests for the others. All of us are from the same date....maybe the upside down "A-1" designation you see on the edge tells the story...........And I realize there is a reflection on the Tobin insert, but it is NOT ghosting, it is a reflection from the flash. I didn't get a really good picture of it in what I took, but if anyone doesn't believe me, I will be happy to go back and try for a better pic. Stamped playfield date is July 7, however there is a written number that looks like it indicates July 5. Had it since Mid to late July, and play it at least 4 nights a week.

IMG_1860 (resized).JPGIMG_1860 (resized).JPG
IMG_1862 (resized).JPGIMG_1862 (resized).JPG
IMG_1861 (resized).JPGIMG_1861 (resized).JPG
IMG_1863 (resized).JPGIMG_1863 (resized).JPG
IMG_1867 (resized).JPGIMG_1867 (resized).JPG
IMG_1875 (resized).JPGIMG_1875 (resized).JPG
IMG_1871 (resized).JPGIMG_1871 (resized).JPG
IMG_1881 (resized).JPGIMG_1881 (resized).JPG
IMG_1879 (resized).JPGIMG_1879 (resized).JPG
IMG_1883 (resized).JPGIMG_1883 (resized).JPG
IMG_1892 (resized).JPGIMG_1892 (resized).JPG
IMG_1889 (resized).JPGIMG_1889 (resized).JPG
IMG_1891 (resized).JPGIMG_1891 (resized).JPG
IMG_1896 (resized).JPGIMG_1896 (resized).JPG
IMG_1897 (resized).JPGIMG_1897 (resized).JPG

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

As requested, here is mine. I have sent requests for the others. All of us are from the same date....maybe the upside down "A-1" designation you see on the edge tells the story...........And I realize there is a reflection on the Tobin insert, but it is NOT ghosting, it is a reflection from the flash. I didn't get a really good picture of it in what I took, but if anyone doesn't believe me, I will be happy to go back and try for a better pic. Stamped playfield date is July 7, however there is a written number that looks like it indicates July 5. Had it since Mid to late July, and play it at least 4 nights a week.

Hey in the 8th picture your switch blade is infront of the rubber. Better fix that.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

What did somebody claim they were ALL bad? Obviously that's not true... just an alarming amount of them

After all these pics of ghosting and chipping PF's it's nice to see pics of a "normal" one...

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey in the 8th picture your switch blade is infront of the rubber. Better fix that.

Thanks...I actually did that myself when I was taking the pictures and fixed it shortly thereafter. But I do appreciate the catch....good eye

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ghostbuster-all-things-lepremium-club/page/6?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.