(Topic ID: 165010)

"Official" Ghostbuster all things LE/Premium Club!

By iceman44

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 631 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180312_222639 (resized).jpg
IMG_0121 (resized).PNG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
hi score (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
IMG_0306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
IMG_2706 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG
There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
#201 7 years ago

Wonder if the Premium will ship with some airball protectors? The added the captivate ball fix mid-way through the LE run.

#202 7 years ago

What's the best place to get Mylar does amazon sell it?

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

What's the best place to get Mylar does amazon sell it?

I got mine from Pinball Life I believe. Don't believe Amazon sells, but not sure.

#204 7 years ago

Marcos has good mylar $2 a foot

#205 7 years ago

My PF has dimpling all over it. It's part of pinball if you actually play your pins.

I cut cling vinyl for my inserts so i can easily remove later and not have mylar all over my PF.

Use it in the shooter lane or my new favorite lazy fix there is a thin piece of self adhesive felt from Hobby Lobby. Works great!

Air balls have calmed way down after 250 plays or so. Still need that plastic protector at the ramp.

#206 7 years ago

I mylar every machine I own. Why not? It's so cheap and easy to do.

#207 7 years ago

Hey Ice,
Are you having any ghosting ?

#208 7 years ago

What are you all hearing on the premiums finally being built? Any word when they start shipping to the distributors?

#209 7 years ago

What distros are you folks buying your Premiums from?

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Hey Ice,
Are you having any ghosting ?

I have a tiny sliver of ghosting on the Tobin insert, I'll post pics, it happened almost right away, after first round of playing, 15 or 20 games, then nothing after about 250 total. The Tobin insert is tiny itself.

I also put some cling vinyl down on the inserts after that. The clear on my PF looks pretty darn good actually. The shooter lane looks 10x better than some of the others I've seen with ghosting and chipping.

I have to adjust to adjust the Slimer target switch but everything else is great!

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have a tiny sliver of ghosting on the Tobin insert, I'll post pics, it happened almost right away, after first round of playing, 15 or 20 games, then nothing after about 250 total. The Tobin insert is tiny itself.
I also put some cling vinyl down on the inserts after that. The clear on my PF looks pretty darn good actually. The shooter lane looks 10x better than some of the others I've seen with ghosting and chipping.
I have to adjust to adjust the Slimer target switch but everything else is great!

Keep us posted .

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Keep us posted .

I def will. If it starts spreading it will be well documented!

#213 7 years ago

How do you turn off the shaker motor? I saw something in the adjustments related to the shaker and set it to 'None', but that didn't work. Thanks!

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

How do you turn off the shaker motor? I saw something in the adjustments related to the shaker and set it to 'None', but that didn't work. Thanks!

Yeah it still shakes on certain modes/mb's, I'm sure its a bug. You'd have to unhook shaker.

I really don't think the shaker has much of anything to do with the inserts but at least initially it might be wise to unhook.

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah it still shakes on certain modes/mb's, I'm sure its a bug. You'd have to unhook shaker.
I really don't think the shaker has much of anything to do with the inserts but at least initially it might be wise to unhook.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure you're right as some have ghosting out of the box, but I thought I'd play it safe.

Fingers crossed... no ghosting after 2 weeks.

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Joe from laseriffic said he would make one if he had access to an LE. Any Chicago folks that can help? That would fix the majority of them.

There are at least 3 GBLE's in our league, and since Joe is a league member, he shouldn't have any problem getting access. I'll send him a PM to follow up.

#217 7 years ago

So anyone got some video of the magnaslings? Especially doing something funky.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Trent from TILT for me...

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Trent from TILT for me...

Awesome, thank you!

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Build date 6/27/16. The chip happened on day 3. Delivery July 6th.

Did you send the pic to every Stern email you could find?

You may or may not get the fix you want but you have to make the effort if you want *anything*. Posting here won't get a lot done.

Though it does nicely warn potential customers. So we all do appreciate the pic. Even a month afterwards.

#221 7 years ago

Has anyone tried the vengeance plastic on the left ramp to stop airballs from the stand up targets?

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Did you send the pic to every Stern email you could find?
You may or may not get the fix you want but you have to make the effort if you want *anything*. Posting here won't get a lot done.
Though it does nicely warn potential customers. So we all do appreciate the pic. Even a month afterwards.

Stern is well aware and has all the photos.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Has anyone tried the vengeance plastic on the left ramp to stop airballs from the stand up targets?

I have that now, it provides a little relief but its not a long term fix.

Hopefully Art, even though he is retired (what else does he have to do is working with Joe?

Desperately needed!

#224 7 years ago
#225 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have that now, it provides a little relief but its not a long term fix.
Hopefully Art, even though he is retired (what else does he have to do is working with Joe?
Desperately needed!

Yes, I am tweaking protos, and am working with Pingaraffix with Laseriffic, and even Ted!
Trying to create the best product and cost.

I have also been checking with Stern, if they will be adding it on future games.....It all takes time....

Ill share something, hopefully, in the next few days....

Ill either be helping create, or maybe selling as well, it depends ...

#226 7 years ago

Can someone explain how the ghost lights are supposed to work? When I first start they are scrolling/flashing and one hit starts Slimer. I hit him a couple of times he goes back home.

But then the lights are scrolling/flashing again as if the mode is ready to start. But hitting the target does nothing.

I thought each hit would light one of the ghost letters, but on my game they are always scrolling/flashing as if ready to start all the time.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Confirmed by Stern that it's an issue in the settings that you can't turn it off. Not a big deal, but nice to know they're on it...

"I also must speak with the programing department to get the full specs on how to deactivate the motor thru the program which I wasn’t able to do just like you stated. I will keep you informed about the answer I receive."

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But then the lights are scrolling/flashing again as if the mode is ready to start. But hitting the target does nothing.
I thought each hit would light one of the ghost letters, but on my game they are always scrolling/flashing as if ready to start all the time.

All of the lights have to be lit to start the mode.

Check your switch, it might not be registering hits like mine did. Had to adjust.

#229 7 years ago

Just wanted to chime in and say that I have ghosting inserts as well and tonight I noticed that it looks like my shooter lane has cracked clear as well. I emailed my distro to at least get this all documented.

Have any of you guys faced a situation like this before with a NIB Stern? I'm wondering what kind of resolution will come of this. Will they send a whole new machine or just a playfield? If they send a playfield, will it be populated so we can just plug the new one in or are we going to be responsible for populating the playfield?

My playfield was made on June 20th. I picked the game up on July 7th.

clear_cracked_(resized).jpgclear_cracked_(resized).jpg

ghosting1_(resized).jpgghosting1_(resized).jpg

ghosting2_(resized).jpgghosting2_(resized).jpg

ghosting3_(resized).jpgghosting3_(resized).jpg

ghosting4_(resized).jpgghosting4_(resized).jpg

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

I'm wondering what kind of resolution will come of this. Will they send a whole new machine or just a playfield?

Go to the "Stern, are you serious" thread and look at the similar problems and responses that people have received from Gary. Lots of info.

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

All of the lights have to be lit to start the mode.
Check your switch, it might not be registering hits like mine did. Had to adjust.

So do your ghost lights start unlit (apart from the first ball which starts already lit), and then each time you hit one it lights a letter?

The problem with mine is it always looks the same - always flashing as if ready. It is never "unlit" and never lights each letter seperately.

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Go to the "Stern, are you serious" thread and look at the similar problems and responses that people have received from Gary. Lots of info.

I agree with this quote.

Also, look at posts #180 #187 & #193 in this thread above.

#233 7 years ago

Has anyone swapped out all of the clear posts for fluorescent green yet? I've been thinking of doing so. I'm also considering purple, which I think might look great.

Also, any idea why the slingshot posts are metal/chrome rather than plastic? Is that for a reason other than looks?

#234 7 years ago

On that note- if anyone has the exact count, that would be appreciated.

Quoted from ctl723:

Has anyone swapped out all of the clear posts for fluorescent green yet? I've been thinking of doing so. I'm also considering purple, which I think might look great.
Also, any idea why the slingshot posts are metal/chrome rather than plastic? Is that for a reason other than looks?

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Nice idea! Ill have to look into this or purple, and light them up!

#236 7 years ago

I don't think green/purple would work everywhere. For example, those "psychokinetic energy" areas up front really want to be clear to match the playfield art.

I did just re-rubber the whole game with Titan white. Looks great, but WHAT A PAIN. The right side of the playfield is a beast to disassemble.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nice idea! Ill have to look into this or purple, and light them up!

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I did florscent green on the sling and out lane posts and orange and yellow for the captive ball area on my Pro. Looks good but hard to see them, you have to look for them. I left the star posts clear white.

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Just wanted to chime in and say that I have ghosting inserts as well and tonight I noticed that it looks like my shooter lane has cracked clear as well. I emailed my distro to at least get this all documented.
Have any of you guys faced a situation like this before with a NIB Stern? I'm wondering what kind of resolution will come of this. Will they send a whole new machine or just a playfield? If they send a playfield, will it be populated so we can just plug the new one in or are we going to be responsible for populating the playfield?
My playfield was made on June 20th. I picked the game up on July 7th.

Sorry to hear. I would demand a new table. Pro or LE?

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I've had good luck with Gameroomguys! Some have stated that they were higher than others,but,calling these other Dealers(genex coin taker,
Colo,game exchange) all came up with the same price! early on,some dealers were able to discount some features,and that made them cheaper,but Stern stopped them form doing it,so,their all the same price now!

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry to hear. I would demand a new table. Pro or LE?

LE.

#241 7 years ago

Talked to my distro today. He said domestic Premiums are going on the line in September. Other have mentioned that an oversees Premium run was done a few weeks ago, and those are arriving off the boat next week. I'm guessing those will have ghosting issues.

Hope to God that Stern has figured out this mess by the time the domestic Premiums are made next month.

#242 7 years ago

My distributor told me they talked to stern this morning and premiums will start being built before end of month with shipments starting early Sept, hope he was correct!

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I put all green posts and green star post with clear rubbers.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So do your ghost lights start unlit (apart from the first ball which starts already lit), and then each time you hit one it lights a letter?
The problem with mine is it always looks the same - always flashing as if ready. It is never "unlit" and never lights each letter seperately.

That's not right what's happening. Let me get on and report what's going on with mine. You have to re light after the first hit to get him ready again

#245 7 years ago

Oh,boy,looks like October delivery here in Cali

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Oh,boy,looks like October delivery here in Cali

If Stern fixes the problems... I don't mind waiting that long for my prem.

#247 7 years ago

Worth the wait...Im working on stuff today, and angled the playfield with light....

With all the airballs, I am seeing less dimpling then TWD, IM. Xmen, or AC DC.

Hit or miss on this so far, but when its right...well, its a super nice clear coat........so far........

#248 7 years ago

be lucky to wait it out IF the playfields are fixed. i paid in full for my le i would have preferred waiting another month or two then deal with the playfield issue.

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

If Stern fixes the problems... I don't mind waiting that long for my prem.

Seems like its hit or miss. A head scratcher. Some PF's like KPG and others look like they are just falling apart with each play.

Others appear to be very solid. Mine is excellent aside from a tiny bit of ghosting on Tobin insert.

Unlike Art though, my play field looks like hammered dimples, which i don't mind because its pinball! My TWDLE looks much better and I've played the crap out of that one. Still, very shiny

It's a GREAT pin. A light show orgasm and the sound is Stern's best. Gorgeous artwork, great layout and really excellent code so far.

There is a lot more Dwight could do with it though and hopefully he does. The left proton pack target bank is basically worthless other than to collect gear award and pke frenzy.

I like being able to focus on different ladders each game or just playing the ramps for big scores. Still needs a bit more variety in ways to play it.

Play field multipliers and ramp shots lead to huge scores, needs more balance.

#250 7 years ago

I personally talked to Gary Stern on Monday. He said they were aware of issues and they were working on it. I let my distributor know I didn't want my paid in full GB-prem, unless they had taken care of the issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ghostbuster-all-things-lepremium-club/page/5?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.