(Topic ID: 165010)

"Official" Ghostbuster all things LE/Premium Club!

By iceman44

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 631 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180312_222639 (resized).jpg
IMG_0121 (resized).PNG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
hi score (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
IMG_0306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
IMG_2706 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG
There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

well i have ghosting on 7 inserts now after playing the pin like 20 times. it was shipped with a slightly ghosted insert now it has spread. gonna play the crap outa it and try to ghost the shit out of all the inserts now. stern better make a bunch of spare playfields for everybody its gonna be a shitshow soon! there are a ton of airballs i am sure those are making matters worse.

Ughh, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that Anthony.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry to hear that Robo, it seems like the airballs are the most likely cause but some pins like yours came with ghosting out of the box.
And I believe it was the airballs mostly if it was only happening on GB, but its on SMVE and GOT too.
Also hard to figure why Stern hasn't been able to figure it out since it just started with GOT and SMVE.

we should all post on the ghosting thread. i have posted with more concerns i have found 2 cracked white inserts by the magna slings the inserts are lower than the playfield. i have some inserts you can feel the lip around the edges with your fingernail!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-your-stern-ghosting-grazing-insert-lifting-other/page/6#post-3294312

post you issues on that thread

#153 7 years ago

Anyone install art blades on their machine yet? I purchased some from Stern weeks ago but I haven't tried putting them on yet. I have a few questions for anyone that has already installed them.

- Do I need to completely take the playfield out or can I lift the playfield to install the front portion and then lower the playfield to install the back portion?

- Is this something I could easily do by myself or should I grab some help?

- Is the wet method the best method for these particular blades and if so should I use soapy water or can I just spray some Windex down first?

- Is there any risk in scratched the blades when I raise and lower the playfield in the future?

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Anyone install art blades on their machine yet? I purchased some from Stern weeks ago but I haven't tried putting them on yet. I have a few questions for anyone that has already installed them.
- Do I need to completely take the playfield out or can I lift the playfield to install the front portion and then lower the playfield to install the back portion?
- Is the wet method the best method for these particular blades and if so should I use soapy water or can I just spray some Windex down first?
- Is there any risk in scratched the blades when I raise and lower the playfield in the future?

Pretty easy to do, and you can do it with the playfield in the game. Dry fit them first, so you see how they fit. I just then peeled half the backing off, tilted the playfield and slid it into place. Once I got the back half aligned, I pressed it into place, and then peeled the front half of the backing off and stuck it down as I went. Took a total of 10 minutes. Like I said, slide them in a couple of times with the backing on to get practice first. That will tell you if there are any pinch points. If you are really nervous about improper alignment, you can spray some windex on the back, but then you will need to squeegee the liquid and air bubbles out. Make sure you unplug it first, and put some rags in the cabinet to catch the drips. Don't over-think it, they are pretty easy to do.

#155 7 years ago

The Zombie Yeti blades look awesome- they really complement the overall look of the game's artwork. I had my tech over recently to add some mods and he installed the art blades. First he unplugged all necessary cables, (there weren't too many), then the two of us together removed the playfield from the cabinet.
He then easily applied the decals on to each side. We then smoothed them down and ensured they were straight and nice & flush. He indicated that he has also installed decals with the pf still in the game; peeling a portion off at a time but found it more finicky to do it that way.
When I do lift the playfield up now, I'm just more careful not to scuff the sides.
Another cool mod are Cointakers color changing speaker lights with the GB acrylic logo.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Depends on how tight your PF is with the cab and it's different on every machine. Examine the black painted sides and see if you see any marks or scratches. Sometimes you'll have a single part (like a PF support post) that sticks out a bit and hits in one spot. You can loosen the part underneath the PF and try to tug it back a bit to avoid this.

Still it might be a nice idea to have some large poster board kept handy to slide in each side so when you lift you won't catch the edge of the decal when let it back down.

I've seen quite a few machines where the interior decals (hate the term "blade" for a sticker) have that semi-torn "lip" on the top edge where the PF caught it going down.

#157 7 years ago

Pinblades look aweful and after a while they get torn up. No thanks

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

I created a video for my YouTube channel showing how I put Game Blades on a machine without removing the play field.

#159 7 years ago

Good news with SPIKE is, it's easy to remove the playfield.

#160 7 years ago

Thanks everyone. I'll probably try and tackle that today. Sounds easy enough.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I created a video for my YouTube channel showing how I put Game Blades on a machine without removing the play field.
» YouTube video

Nice vid but those are the removeable type, that's their advantage, the ones that you can reposition. The Stern ones for GB are NOT repositionable, once their stuck they are STUCK. I just peeled back a small section of mine and had to reposition it and I just about ruined mine. Sterns are SUPER STICKY.

#162 7 years ago

Thanks.MustangPaul,i think your spot on!

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice vid but those are the removeable type, that's their advantage, the ones that you can reposition. The Stern ones for GB are NOT repositionable, once their stuck they are STUCK. I just peeled back a small section of mine and had to reposition it and I just about ruined mine. Sterns are SUPER STICKY.

Back up his video. He sprayed the back of them with soapy water. That makes them removable a bit to preposition.

#164 7 years ago

Hay,folks,a question,please??What color Cab are the Premiums??Same as the pro,and the Le's are Green??Anybody??

#166 7 years ago

Thanks,delt31,i'm gonna have a few LE lane protectors for givaway pretty soon! Been buying the wrong color

#167 7 years ago

Easier to just cut the pin blade in half and install that way? Or too difficult to line up?

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Paul, thanks for the info. Never installed a pair of Stern game blades before. Pingraffix and Tilt Graphics give you some freedom especially after spraying the back with soapy water.

#169 7 years ago

#58 has Been in the House for a few weeks now
Love it!!

PS
Pinblades/Gameblades are supposed to wrap around the Back ( should be close as possible to the nut)

#170 7 years ago
#171 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Where can we get that topper?

It was a gift from a good friend
Unfortunately not for sale anywhere

#172 7 years ago

installed my pinball life outlane kit, wow what a difference much smoother now. beware I was playing the game with glass off to make sure everything working smoothly and no issues, had a ball fly 3 feet almos landed on another game. these flippers are very powerful.

#173 7 years ago

wow - nice topper there.

#174 7 years ago

Iceman and others, what are your thoughts about the shaker in this game? I am on the fence about putting one in my premium (once it gets here).

#175 7 years ago

Day 8, about 75 games. Build date 8/1....no playfield issues so far

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Iceman and others, what are your thoughts about the shaker in this game? I am on the fence about putting one in my premium (once it gets here).

shaker pretty good i had to lower mine as it was really ashaking!

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Day 8, about 75 games. Build date 8/1....no playfield issues so far

I'm knocking on (ply)wood too! So far so good. I only played a handful of games for the first 2 days then was on vacation for 8. Maybe extra curing time? Maybe not.

The game is awesome.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

shaker pretty good i had to lower mine as it was really ashaking!

Is there a setting or something inside the shaker?

#179 7 years ago

Still having major trouble with Slimer dragging on the metal plate. Even after raising the arm on the post, he still collides enough to get completely hung up in the first position.

Does this mechanism look right to everyone else? I'm hoping that some of those pieces are in the wrong order, but it looks correct based on the drawing in the manual. Also, I do have the ability to slide him up and down about 1/4". There's enough tension on the wire to hold him, but after being smacked with the ball a few times he's back in the lowest position. It doesn't appear that it's supposed to be a fixed mount given that the plastic ball is free floating on the wire. Thoughts?

Note that he is specifically getting caught on the metal, and this happens both with and without the clear airball protector in place.

IMG_20160816_230245_(resized).jpgIMG_20160816_230245_(resized).jpg

#180 7 years ago

Well my Tobins started ghosting! And I have a giant chip and shooter lane damage.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#181 7 years ago

Not saying that its right, but why are people not putting mylar over the drain edge if its already known to wear clear away in that region? All my Stern's playfields, good or bad wear hard there. With GBs art so close to that edge and the known issue with the clear, I will be for sure preemptively protecting that area whenever my premium arrives.

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I turned shaker all the way down in the settings for now. But I'd def get the shaker, combined with the lighting effects its awesome.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Still having major trouble with Slimer dragging on the metal plate. Even after raising the arm on the post, he still collides enough to get completely hung up in the first position.
Does this mechanism look right to everyone else? I'm hoping that some of those pieces are in the wrong order, but it looks correct based on the drawing in the manual. Also, I do have the ability to slide him up and down about 1/4". There's enough tension on the wire to hold him, but after being smacked with the ball a few times he's back in the lowest position. It doesn't appear that it's supposed to be a fixed mount given that the plastic ball is free floating on the wire. Thoughts?
Note that he is specifically getting caught on the metal, and this happens both with and without the clear airball protector in place.

Pull up on your spade connector. Is there any play in that wire?

#184 7 years ago

From day one when they first showed the LE's, and Jack danger playing it. The slimmer was hitting coming out and going back in. I brought that up in a message to stern and was told it is just bumping out of the way and will not do any damage. I said to myself then that anything moving and hitting something multiple times a game is going to have wear or damage at some point. But what do I know! I don't make pinballs. But common sense seems to go out the window in pinball!
Magicchiz

#185 7 years ago

Slimer bumping the metal guard in and out is the last thing i worry about.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Can someone post a video of what it's supposed to look like when slimer enters and leaves the playfield. He sure makes a lot of contact with the black metal bracket on top of the captive ball, and something doesn't look right here to me.

I don't know if you saw the video I created already of my friend's GB LE. In one part of the video I focus on slimer. He seems not to drag without any adjustments to the game. This was right out of the box. Check out 14:50 of the video to advance to slimer.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Well my Tobins started ghosting! And I have a giant chip and shooter lane damage.

I'll take your shooter lane wear and raise you 6 chips (of clearcoat)......

200 games in.

#188 7 years ago

Yes, about 1/4". Should there be?

Quoted from zucot:

Pull up on your spade connector. Is there any play in that wire?

#189 7 years ago

There certainly seems to be some variance game to game. However, I think your bracket is lower since you don't have the captive ball fix that raises the metal by about a washer height.

Quoted from wiggy07:

I don't know if you saw the video I created already of my friend's GB LE. In one part of the video I focus on slimer. He seems not to drag without any adjustments to the game. This was right out of the box. Check out 14:50 of the video to advance to slimer.
» YouTube video

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'll take your shooter lane wear and raise you 6 chips (of clearcoat)......

200 games in.

Damn that is bad... my condolences. For my TWD I took a page out of Ice's "lazy man's playbook" and put down a rectangle of clear cling vinyl. It gently sticks and is thick and later if you want to add a Cliffy or something you can just pop it out. It's the "temporary" protection that you'll probably never bother to replace

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Yes, about 1/4". Should there be?

Not sure, but mine has this too. I solved my slimer dragging by pulling the slack all the way up and then adding a zip tie. Using a black one would make it blend in a lot more.

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

There certainly seems to be some variance game to game. However, I think your bracket is lower since you don't have the captive ball fix that raises the metal by about a washer height.

His machine has the new captive ball fix. Irregardless, Slimer was dragging since the beginning, before this fix. Stern's first video had him dragging.

I think they have made other fixes for Slimer.

#193 7 years ago

Slimer's butt dragging on the black metal piece isn't a big deal to me at all. In fact, it kind of fits well with the Slimer character - Awkward, and clumsy. What does bother me is clear chipping after just a few plays. It happened to me near Scoleri and I immediately put a Mylar square over it to prevent further chipping. Why isn't everyone doing that?

GB_chip_(resized).jpgGB_chip_(resized).jpg

#194 7 years ago

Balls banging the glass are the least of your worries. Balls banging the play field are the problem.

UNLESS YOU LIKE DIMPLES, DON'T BUY GHOSTBUSTERS PINBALL.

The airballs, while livable during gameplay for the most part, will dimple your play field more than ANY other pin you own. Combine that with the questionable play fields, NO WONDER you're going to have insert issues. And if your inserts aren't ghosting, you're probably going to have to live with the mess.

It looks worse than any 30 year old Bally/Williams I own and any Stern I have. I don't have this on Metallica with 4000 plays!

Hard to show in photos but in the purple they stand out in the pics. They are EVERYWHERE. Just unacceptable.

dimplesbig_(resized).jpgdimplesbig_(resized).jpg
dimples2_(resized).jpgdimples2_(resized).jpg

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Balls banging the glass are the least of your worries. Balls banging the play field are the problem.
UNLESS YOU LIKE DIMPLES, DON'T BUY GHOSTBUSTERS PINBALL.
YOUR PLAYFIELD IS GOING TO GET EXTREMELY DIMPLED QUICKLY DUE TO AIRBALLS.
The airballs, while livable during gameplay for the most part, will dimple your play field more than ANY other pin you own. Combine that with the questionable play fields, NO WONDER you're going to have insert issues. And if your inserts aren't ghosting, you're probably going to have to live with the mess.
It looks worse than any 30 year old Bally/Williams I own and any Stern I have. I don't have this on Metallica with 4000 plays!
Hard to show in photos but in the purple they stand out in the pics. They are EVERYWHERE. Just unacceptable.

Dimpling is pretty normal

#196 7 years ago

All my pins have dimples, so not sure why people worry about those. What's more concerning is this: Stern is shipping out LE's still when they know there is an issue. That's just wrong.

#197 7 years ago

Yeah in the right light I can take photos of dimples in all of my Stern games. Airballs are much worse on GBLE than any other game I have seen. They desperately need to put a plastic piece over the 2X and 3X targets near the left ramp. Joe from laseriffic said he would make one if he had access to an LE. Any Chicago folks that can help? That would fix the majority of them. What is crazy to me is that Stern uses this frequently to prevent airballs - See TWD....

TWD_(resized).JPGTWD_(resized).JPG

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlipTrip:

All my pins have dimples, so not sure why people worry about those. What's more concerning is this: Stern is shipping out LE's still when they know there is an issue. That's just wrong.

True and true. But at the start of Storage Facility Multiball, my play field looks like the bottom of a steel drum.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Slimer's butt dragging on the black metal piece isn't a big deal to me at all. In fact, it kind of fits well with the Slimer character - Awkward, and clumsy. What does bother me is clear chipping after just a few plays. It happened to me near Scoleri and I immediately put a Mylar square over it to prevent further chipping. Why isn't everyone doing that?

Yikes you lost part of the paint to, whats the build date?

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Yikes you lost part of the paint to, whats the build date?

Build date 6/27/16. The chip happened on day 3. Delivery July 6th.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 103.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ghostbuster-all-things-lepremium-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.