(Topic ID: 165010)

"Official" Ghostbuster all things LE/Premium Club!

By iceman44

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 631 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180312_222639 (resized).jpg
IMG_0121 (resized).PNG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
hi score (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
IMG_0306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
IMG_2706 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG

There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I just looked and sure enough I have 2 different side rails as well.
Anyone that had this contact Stern or distributor to see what they will do?

I have defended Stern on a lot of things, but this one is messed up. Someone either sent the wrong rails for paint, or the wrong ones were painted and no one noticed. At any rate, there were 200 people that read this thread and laughed, and then ran out to check their own. Mine is fine, but to have more than one of these is nuts. Good catch!

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I have defended Stern on a lot of things, but this one is messed up. Someone either sent the wrong rails for paint, or the wrong ones were painted and no one noticed. At any rate, there were 200 people that read this thread and laughed, and then ran out to check their own. Mine is fine, but to have more than one of these is nuts. Good catch!

which ones are supposed to be on there ??
maybe i have an extra rare le with ghosting and scoleri bros rails.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

which ones are supposed to be on there ??
maybe i have an extra rare le with ghosting and scoleri bros rails.

The right side ones from the TaTa pics. At least according to the pics on Stern's web site.

#104 7 years ago

I thought my luck was going well so far with GBLE and then this. I would have likely NEVER noticed that if someone hadn't said something.

So that being said even if I get a new rail how hard are those things to take off and put on? I have never done it on any machine, let alone newer Stern.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I thought my luck was going well so far with GBLE and then this. I would have likely NEVER noticed that if someone hadn't said something.
So that being said even if I get a new rail how hard are those things to take off and put on? I have never done it on any machine, let alone newer Stern.

It requires soldering and drilling new holes in your cabinet

I'm forgot to look at mine

#106 7 years ago

Just heard from Automated. Stern is sending me new rails and I am to return the old ones. Great, quick customer service from Automated and Stern.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

...So that being said even if I get a new rail how hard are those things to take off and put on? I have never done it on any machine, let alone newer Stern.

I have swapped my hardware on IM:VE and also have an order in for MET, not that difficult a few screws a couple of nuts if I recall correctly. shouldn't be an issue.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Just heard from Automated. Stern is sending me new rails and I am to return the old ones. Great, quick customer service from Automated and Stern.

I too think that side is best. Were you able to get the left side one which shows more slime?

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I too think that side is best. Were you able to get the left side one which shows more slime?

I'm not sure what they are sending. I like the left better and that's what I requested, but would be happy with either. I'll let you know when they arrive.

#110 7 years ago

Waiting for GBLE to arrive --- been sittin here for 6 months now

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#111 7 years ago

amazing. send you new rails you have to install, then you have to box the old ones and have to take to shipper and pay freight for their fuck up. should gave you the option of the green slime mode rails at half price for that crap!!
i dont know what i am gonna do yet but that doesnt sound like a plan^^^

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

amazing. send you new rails you have to install, then you have to box the old ones and have to take to shipper and pay freight for their fuck up. should gave you the option of the green slime mode rails at half price for that crap!!
i dont know what i am gonna do yet but that doesnt sound like a plan^^^

Not really a big deal. 1/2 hour to take off old and put on new. Prepaid return shipping.

#113 7 years ago

#345 has arrived!!

#114 7 years ago

I've got opposite rails too

Never would have noticed it

Don't really care. Stern upgrade rails actually look good

#115 7 years ago

Thanks Tilt... absolutely love them!

IMG_20160812_175514798_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_175514798_(resized).jpg

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Thanks Tilt... absolutely love them!

I've been waiting to see pics of the slimed mirror blades. They look great!! I'll be ordering these.

#117 7 years ago

IMG_20160812_153658904_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_153658904_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160812_153626014_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_153626014_(resized).jpg

#118 7 years ago

Man if I had an LE those mirror blades would be a definite. Really looks nice bc of the green armor.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man if I had an LE those mirror blades would be a definite. Really looks nice bc of the green armor.

Only if you can control all of the airballs. Mirror blades with dents and scratches look bad fast....but fresh out of the box they look awesome.

#120 7 years ago

Been waiting 4 months and Cancelled my Premium today.
Sad, but I think I'll wait till they get a few things straightened out.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Been waiting 4 months and Cancelled my Premium today.
Sad, but I think I'll wait till they get a few things straightened out.

Did you post this in every GB thread? I didn't realize the pinside community cared so much that you've had a change of heart.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I have swapped my hardware on IM:VE and also have an order in for MET, not that difficult a few screws a couple of nuts if I recall correctly. shouldn't be an issue.

You'll have to drop one of the hinges to get at the screw that's holding the top of the rail.

#123 7 years ago

Yeah, that seems about right, I get a down vote because I make a comment about someone spamming pinside with the exact same post on multiple threads about an order cancellation. Sorry for wanting to keep relevant info in the threads not being diluted. Have fun as usual sorting through the pages of bullshit.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's gotta be a first.

But not the last! I just unboxed mine and have the same mismatch on #124. Playfield looks great out of the box, so I'm thrilled this seems to be the only issue.

IMG_20160812_195705_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_195705_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160812_195655_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_195655_(resized).jpg

#125 7 years ago

I found an extra hex standoff with nothing attached. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing a piece here?

IMG_20160812_225358_(resized).jpgIMG_20160812_225358_(resized).jpg

#126 7 years ago

Am i the only one where the auto ball launcher just rockets the thing to the the back of the machine? I mean it hits the back so hard it will sometimes come back down the shooter lane! Im terrified every time I lose a ball and the ball kicks it out to shooter then launches the crap out of the ball! I set the coils to soft to no avail.

#127 7 years ago

One of the first things I did was lower "coil pulse power" based on some recommendations here. I haven't had a problem with the plunger.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

But not the last! I just unboxed mine and have the same mismatch on #124. Playfield looks great out of the box, so I'm thrilled this seems to be the only issue.

It appears they had a box of the wrong rails prestaged to the line (as opposed to a few "one-offs").

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I found an extra hex standoff with nothing attached. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing a piece here?

Mine is the same, it's there to help keep the ball from getting caught up in that area.

#130 7 years ago

where are you guys getting the mod that puts green on each of the inlanes and center post? can't find it.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Am i the only one where the auto ball launcher just rockets the thing to the the back of the machine? I mean it hits the back so hard it will sometimes come back down the shooter lane! Im terrified every time I lose a ball and the ball kicks it out to shooter then launches the crap out of the ball! I set the coils to soft to no avail.

Mine is the same. Hits the back corner brace half the time ... it's actually crushed where it hits. Other half rattles around in there shaking up Stay Puft. Cant for the life of me think how to fix it except to replace auto plunge coil

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Mine is the same. Hits the back corner brace half the time ... it's actually crushed where it hits. Other half rattles around in there shaking up Stay Puft. Cant for the life of me think how to fix it except to replace auto plunge coil

I know this is a suggestion from 'Captain Obvious", but do you have the game angle set correctly, as well as level side to side? Mine was clipping a back rail as well, but near as bad as you are describing. Once I got it leveled, the issue went away.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

where are you guys getting the mod that puts green on each of the inlanes and center post? can't find it.

From PBL. They take them off the site though when they are out of stock. I'll see if I can find the part number.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I know this is a suggestion from 'Captain Obvious", but do you have the game angle set correctly, as well as level side to side? Mine was clipping a back rail as well, but near as bad as you are describing. Once I got it leveled, the issue went away.

I'll double check. Cant hurt. Good suggestion

#136 7 years ago

Can someone post a video of what it's supposed to look like when slimer enters and leaves the playfield. He sure makes a lot of contact with the black metal bracket on top of the captive ball, and something doesn't look right here to me.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Can someone post a video of what it's supposed to look like when slimer enters and leaves the playfield. He sure makes a lot of contact with the black metal bracket on top of the captive ball, and something doesn't look right here to me.

A lot of us have just loosened the grub screw and raised slimmer a little,butt drag gone

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

A lot of us have just loosened the grub screw and raised slimmer a little,butt drag gone

I don't think I could raise it enough to not drag- that's why I'd like to see a video of someone elses. I'm starting to wonder if the overall angle of the shaft is correct.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I don't think I could raise it enough to not drag- that's why I'd like to see a video of someone elses. I'm starting to wonder if the overall angle of the shaft is correct.

Every video I've seen has him dragging. I'd also really like to see a video of an "adjusted" one where he doesnt drag...

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Every video I've seen has him dragging. I'd also really like to see a video of an "adjusted" one where he doesnt drag...

One thing worth noting- mine did have about an extra 1/4" of metal braid sticking out the bottom that was beginning to scratch things. I did trim that off. He still drags, but at least it's only his body now. What an odd design.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

Yeah I've read about the other ones too. VERY strange....I wonder if that was one of the shortages was that was holding up games so Stern did that just to keep games going out the door and dealing with the problem later when more stock came in.

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I have #173 and have the exact same mismatch!

#143 7 years ago

I jealous you you guys who have your GB's.

Anxiously waiting for BG premium. Hopefully, as a bonus with the longer wait... Stern will have worked out many kinks.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have #173 and have the exact same mismatch!

I hate to say it, but it just may be time for Stern to ban weed on the factory floor. Smoke that sh*t after work!

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I hate to say it, but it just may be time for Stern to ban weed on the factory floor. Smoke that sh*t after work!

There's an idea, a Bob Marley/marijuana-themed pin.

#146 7 years ago

they were probably hoping it wouldn't get noticed. I wouldn't have noticed it myself. keep the money coming in right?

#147 7 years ago

I just installed the green slimer lane guide from PBL. Has anybody put a green light strip in the trough area?

I put the Star Trek Vengeance plastic protector on ramp. Helps a little bit. Need a much better fix, hopefully Art comes through soon.

Having a blast playing it!

#148 7 years ago

well i have ghosting on 7 inserts now after playing the pin like 20 times. it was shipped with a slightly ghosted insert now it has spread. gonna play the crap outa it and try to ghost the shit out of all the inserts now. stern better make a bunch of spare playfields for everybody its gonna be a shitshow soon! there are a ton of airballs i am sure those are making matters worse.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

well i have ghosting on 7 inserts now after playing the pin like 20 times.

Sorry to hear that Robo, it seems like the airballs are the most likely cause but some pins like yours came with ghosting out of the box.

And I believe it was the airballs mostly if it was only happening on GB, but its on SMVE and GOT too.

Also hard to figure why Stern hasn't been able to figure it out since it just started with GOT and SMVE.

#150 7 years ago

The lack of communication for GBLE owners is maddening. Great theme and title, but shit man, acknowledge there's an issue and we can work it out together.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ghostbuster-all-things-lepremium-club/page/3?hl=steveman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.