(Topic ID: 165010)

"Official" Ghostbuster all things LE/Premium Club!

By iceman44

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 631 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 177 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180312_222639 (resized).jpg
IMG_0121 (resized).PNG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
hi score (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
IMG_0306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
IMG_2706 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG

There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Hi
Just installed V1.10
I can't find the path to set the game on free play! I'm stuck in custom pricing but can't figured out
Thanks
Lou

in game adjustments, it is its own option. You don't need to touch custom pricing or price etc.

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It looks like all the GI was switched out to pink (plus all scoops were lit with additional lighting). I am sure it looks fine in person, but LEDs in general look way over-saturated in pictures.

if they are colored LED's for GI's i'm sure it does not look good in person.

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if they are colored LED's for GI's i'm sure it does not look good in person.

I know what you are saying, but pink can definitely be the exception to the "skittles" rule. Pink has a lot more natural look to it. i stick with warm and cold white depending on the game, but I have seen a few done with pink that look really good and natural.

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

those PKE lights in the back,

Yeah I want those too.

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Too many colors of LEDs can completely wash out the artwork. There is such a thing as over doing it.

That's why I left mine stock, I want to see the great artwork. But I did light up the 2 scoops.

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

The GB mods on the mezelmods site are a joke imho. They are listed for months and months and are showing: coming soon, sold out etc etc. If you can't deliver your goods then don't list them I would think.

I'll respond to this by answering the question, 'why have these been listed for so long but have never been available for purchase?'

These products are being reviewed by Stern who is interested in selling them on their shop (along with a few others licensed products which were not listed). When we listed, we thought we were literally days from getting the green light. Clearly, this has not been the case for a variety of reasons including requested changes and Sterns focus on other priorities (game production, playfield issues, Expo for example).

I have considered taking them off the site however at this point it would create a lot of confusion and generate oodles of email requests (beyond the 'when will these be ready' I get daily). Something to learn from going forward.

No one wants these products to market more than we do- the investment of time, money and raw materials has been spent and not recovered. That being said, I understand why we've had to wait.

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

No one wants these products to market more than we do- the investment of time, money and raw materials has been spent and not recovered. That being said, I understand why we've had to wait.

I am seriously not saying this as a derogatory statement in anyway but does this mean you all are "in bed" with Stern? Your mods were not specific licensed in anyway that I saw so why are they dictating what or when you can sell now? Or having to approve them?

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I am seriously not saying this as a derogatory statement in anyway but does this mean you all are "in bed" with Stern? Your mods were not specific licensed in anyway that I saw so why are they dictating what or when you can sell now? Or having to approve them?

If you haven't been keeping up, Stern is enforcing their license/copywrite and legal agreement against all modders of recent games and have shut down handfuls of peoples mods that use licensed/copy written material. So, to make "good" mods they need to be licensed by stern. I know they've been working closer with them anyway, but why not partner up?

#559 3 years ago

These products are being reviewed by Stern who is interested in selling them on their shop

Sad to hear this.
I hope it is good for your business, but Mezel Mods pricing and products are awesome.
Stern will only jack up the price and most likely make the product more boring then need be.
I hope I am wrong because I love you guys.
Oh well, I guess it is what it is.
Like others I was hoping to have my firehouse mod already.

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If you haven't been keeping up, Stern is enforcing their license/copywrite and legal agreement against all modders of recent games and have shut down handfuls of peoples mods that use licensed/copy written material. So, to make "good" mods they need to be licensed by stern. I know they've been working closer with them anyway, but why not partner up?

But again an unlicensed mod or even one that is for that manner, doesn't have to have Sterns ok to be sold? If a company is working with Stern then obviously this is a choice that is made by that company and therefore has to play by their rules. I wasn't aware Mezelmds was in that boat but I guess I have not been keeping up enough. Kind of bummed to hear to be honest. Ghostbusters has been out how long now and they can't even get simple approvals done on some simple mods, not boding well for future and to me just points back at Stern's greed to corner every area of the market to make money instead of putting their focus back on just making the damn games and making them good quality. It's a shame.

#561 3 years ago

Thanks for the questions- we are attempting to reach more customers and know that some prefer 'official' merchandise given the credibility that comes with that designation. Our thought was doing a kit of products that included licensed and non-licensed products would be a great way to meet customer expectations hence we've proposed such.
The biggest challenge, of course, with this approach is pinball mods will never be as big of a priority to machine manufacturers as it is to us. The best possible option is one that ensures the coolest, highest quality products, that accesses license where appropriate and ultimately feeds our monster college tuition obligations :0) The grand experiment with our partnership continues.
Additionally, there has been much more attention to license enforcement recently and we've tried to keep ourselves clear by seeking appropriate approvals.

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Sad to hear this.
I hope it is good for your business, but Mezel Mods pricing and products are awesome.
Stern will only jack up the price and most likely make the product more boring then need be.
I hope I am wrong because I love you guys.
Oh well, I guess it is what it is.
Like others I was hoping to have my firehouse mod already.

We continue to drive for getting you great products at a fair price. But in some cases (take the Firehouse) is so much more brilliant with the license. And it's only fair to honor the license holder (after all, its artwork that someone created and no one wants to be copied).
Like you, I want more than anything to get this Firehouse off the ground!

#563 3 years ago

We continue to drive for getting you great products at a fair price. But in some cases (take the Firehouse) is so much more brilliant with the license. And it's only fair to honor the license holder (after all, its artwork that someone created and no one wants to be copied).
Like you, I want more than anything to get this Firehouse off the ground!

Yes. I'm sure it will be awesome.
And yes I will still buy one.
I just miss the old days back when pinball companies just made pinball machines.

#564 3 years ago

I would def take them off until they are ready. No sense in tempting people if you have no product.

Btw you do make great mods.

#565 3 years ago

We continue to drive for getting you great products at a fair price. But in some cases (take the Firehouse) is so much more brilliant with the license.

Why couldn't you just make the Firehouse w/o "Ghostbusters" on it? No license / approval needed then, correct?

BTW: I think that is the coolest mod you've made for this game!

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I think that is the coolest mod you've made for this game!

I agree.
I've been waiting to see the firehouse for sale on their website... Hopefully they can work it out with stern, and release it.

#567 3 years ago

I just made my own ecto mobile and I wanted to mount it in front of the fire station but slimer hits it. How are people fitting it there or where else are people putting them.

#568 3 years ago

that car is huge. I thought it was hot wheels size. if it was it would fit better.

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I just made my own ecto mobile and I wanted to mount it in front of the fire station but slimer hits it. How are people fitting it there or where else are people putting them.
» YouTube video

I put mine on the plastic above the right ramp. I can snap a pic, if you'd like to see it.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that car is huge. I thought it was hot wheels size. if it was it would fit better.

It is hot wheels size

#571 3 years ago

I'll see how it looks on the ramp. Also how are they wired up ? Are they always on or tied to multi ball or something?

#572 3 years ago

Mike, that looks awesome! Which specific hotwheels car did you use? Were the lights that you lit molded with translucent blue and red plastic or did you have to replace it?

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I'll see how it looks on the ramp. Also how are they wired up ? Are they always on or tied to multi ball or something?

I mounted mine on the right ramp too. It fills the space nice. I used some wire to mount it. I have mine wired into the flashers in the topper, so it lights up when the topper does. Here's a few photos.

IMG_2706 (resized).JPG

IMG_2707 (resized).JPG

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Mike, that looks awesome! Which specific hotwheels car did you use? Were the lights that you lit molded with translucent blue and red plastic or did you have to replace it?

I used this one

I drilled out the headlights, lit them and stripped the paint off the lights and lit them with two sets of police car light leds and I drilled out the roof rack light and put inthe red light there too. I'm pretty happy with it.

My next experiment is lighting up a ghost trap. If it works like I want it will be pretty cool.

IMG_1177 (resized).JPG

#575 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

IIRC, I tied mine to the Ecto Goggles, so the lights are on any time there's a ghost in need of busting.

#576 3 years ago

looked bigger in the picture. I think it was the angle you were at. Lights look great, but I wouldn't put it by the spinner. Has to be a better place for it.

1 week later
#577 3 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the green t molding and which green to use?

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Does anyone know where to get the green t molding and which green to use?

https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-bright-green-t-molding.html

13 feet is sufficient

#580 3 years ago

Does this just push in or does it need glue?

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Does this just push in or does it need glue?

No glue required, just lightly tap it in with a rubber mallet (or similar)

You do need to cut out small sections of the molding 'spine' at the corners though

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

No glue required, just lightly tap it in with a rubber mallet (or similar)
You do need to cut out small sections of the molding 'spine' at the corners though

Got it, to make the bend.
Thx ordered already

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Got it, to make the bend.
Thx ordered already

When you take the old molding off some splinters will come with it and some might be left in the grove so run a flat screw driver in the grove to lightly scrape out any junk in the grove and be very careful when tapping in the new stuff, you can dent the new stuff. If you have one of those hard rubber rollers with the handle you just start the molding and roll it in as you go up.

#584 3 years ago

Will do thx.
Sad note I have my first ghosting insert I found tonight. I'm not thrilled but I'll keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse.

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Will do thx.
Sad note I have my first ghosting insert I found tonight. I'm not thrilled but I'll keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse.

Tobin insert?

Mine had a tiny bit from early on and nothing since.

#586 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Will do thx.

Take a close up picture to remember it by.

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Take a close up picture to remember it by.

I did

IMG_0306 (resized).JPG

IMG_0304 (resized).JPG

#588 3 years ago

My Tobin insert looks about the same since day one...

#589 3 years ago

My Tobin insert is about twice that long since about 60 games. It hasn't changed at all since. No other ghosting so far and I have a few hundred games on it.

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

My Tobin insert is about twice that long since about 60 games. It hasn't changed at all since. No other ghosting so far and I have a few hundred games on it.

Mine too, no worries!

#591 3 years ago

Yes, this actually happened tonight! Game is all defaults. Was a blast!

IMG_0308 (resized).JPG

#592 3 years ago

Not sure if I posted this yet- but when they start to sink they really head south. Should see some paint chipping soon I assume.....

IMG_5937 (resized).JPG

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Not sure if I posted this yet- but when they start to sink they really head south. Should see some paint chipping soon I assume.....

Holy s#*¥!!

#594 3 years ago

Mine happened Tuesday night.............I've only had mine a couple of weeks. I'm guessing this is a nice score??

hi score (resized).JPG

#595 3 years ago

How are you guys getting these crazy scores? What is your strategy? I'm having a hard time progressin. I'm not allowing modes to time out btw

#596 3 years ago

IDK, I just had a couple good balls, got 2 extra balls and at one point 2x and 3x were lit and I was in Mass Hysteria and the points just piled up crazy!

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

IDK, I just had a couple good balls, got 2 extra balls and at one point 2x and 3x were lit and I was in Mass Hysteria and the points just piled up crazy!

Yep, gotta agree with Wacky. I had 2 extra balls as well, had multi-ball 2-3 too. Being as the pin is relatively new to me, things were going so fast, I'm not quite sure what I completed, what I didn't complete. All I know is I got to the level where you "battle" Stay Puft.

#598 3 years ago

All my big scores have come from crazy bonus on one ball with bonus hold to the next.

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

that's significant sinking. B/W titles did it too, hence why you get edge chipping. If you want to keep it from ruining the edges, put a mylar patch over it.

#600 3 years ago

Just added the green t molding and finished my ghost trap. Man do I love this game

IMG_0314 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lynnwood, WASHINGTON
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Falling Waters, WV
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tulsa, OK
There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside