(Topic ID: 165010)

"Official" Ghostbuster all things LE/Premium Club!

By iceman44

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 631 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180312_222639 (resized).jpg
IMG_0121 (resized).PNG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
hi score (resized).JPG
IMG_5937 (resized).JPG
IMG_0308 (resized).JPG
IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
IMG_0306 (resized).JPG
IMG_1177 (resized).JPG
IMG_2707 (resized).JPG
IMG_2706 (resized).JPG
IMG_2824 (resized).JPG
IMG_2823 (resized).JPG
IMG_2822 (resized).JPG
IMG_2821 (resized).JPG
IMG_2820 (resized).JPG
There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
#501 7 years ago

Not really to stop ball hopping over the rail but to give a chance to nudge a little, also get rid of the ball to metal contact. I know I know my Ripley's has that also. Just seeing how it works?
Magicchiz

#502 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Normally my scores range from 2million up to 380 million. Today I had one game that happened to hit mass hysteria , with 2x running and storage multiball. Ended up with 1.8 billion. Is mass hysteria a little overpowered in the points department?

I'd say it's fair to have huge points gated behind hard to reach modes. To me that's good balance. Scoleri targets need to be worth more outside of multiball. There are a few tweaks to scoring and goals that could make the ramp up to big points more even, however.

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've never seen stay puft mode. I've tried. I can hit ballroom sometimes but not finish it. Librarian once. but don't know if I finished it or not.

quite simple, if you've finished a ladder, you've than activated (and done ?) the WE CAME WE SAW multiball on the left ramp (all lamps blinking & showing the ramp)

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Anyone have this happen? Arrgh. Second screen.
» YouTube video

I just got a new sd card from stern and it didn't fix my sling lights staying on or the sound issue but now my screen does the same thing

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why are you going through all that. I already told you how to fix it in 3 min and cost you nothing.

Oh ya, mines bad. I'll be doing your fix shortly

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Oh ya, mines bad. I'll be doing your fix shortly

I did that fix and really worked! No hopping anymore. Great and easy fix, only problem is the clearcoat of the field, it chips around the ball guide. I fixed that with some new clear. Also while your at it, polish those rails, they look fantastic when polished. So no need for all those plastics over and on top of the rails. I am not a fan of those.

#507 7 years ago

why would the clear chip? Mine didn't chip. They are smooth, should have no problems with chipping. I've pounded out 100's of those metal rails, and the only ones that will chip clear are the ones that have the butterfly on the end, which these do not have.

#508 7 years ago

The clear came up with the rails on mine and chipped at the base of the rails. Same when removing the outpost. When removing the washer, the clear came with that. Not a big deal but it happens.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why are you going through all that. I already told you how to fix it in 3 min and cost you nothing.

Worked amazingly well. I have not had a SINGLE ball hop since.

#510 7 years ago

My horizontal scrolling screen fixed itself! There is a damn ghost in this thing. No code or node update, nuttin'. Just booted up this morning, good as gold.

#511 7 years ago

Are you guys able to backhand the steep left ramp? I am getting brick shots when I try and attempt. I am still really enjoying the game and I like the challenge of trying to advance further in the game. I figured out why there is limited multi-ball modes in this game. It's because the multi-ball mode only last one minute with the flipper gap-I keed I keed.

I am interested in those German shooter lane protectors. I had the same idea in design but never attempted to make them. With the poor clear coat and the shooter lane eject being too powerful-these protectors will really help with the shooter lane not getting destroyed.

I also found another cool mod. Its a rotating projector that projects ghost flying around. Can be mounted to project on ceiling or floor beneath pinball.

Ghost projector.pngGhost projector.png

#512 7 years ago

I have been able to backhand the left ramp, but not reliably, and very dangerous as it often hits the stand up targets instead. Much better to to a post pass and shoot it from the right flipper.

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The clear came up with the rails on mine and chipped at the base of the rails. Same when removing the outpost. When removing the washer, the clear came with that. Not a big deal but it happens.

if it did it for outposts, they would have had populated the field within 8 hours of clearing the field. Because it would mean it was still a little soft and stuck to the posts and rails. With sterns setup, that's not really possible. or someone mixed the clear wrong and didn't put enough hardner in, and took days to fully harden. :/

#514 7 years ago

So has anybody been able to use the airball protector with their LE/premium? Shots to the ramp will hit the protector, and backhands are impossible with it in place. I tried to shim it up with a couple of washers, but you can't screw the nut back down when you do.

Also, I finally replaced the left ramp switch, because the one on there isn't any good. It's an Omron switch, which is more stiff than a Cherry switch, so I found that once in a while it won't register. I swapped it out with a Cherry and it's perfect now. The pic with the three switches shows two Cherry switches (top, right), and the original Omron that Stern used (bottom/left). The bottom pic shows the new switch in place. Even the slowest rollers register just fine.

switches (resized).jpgswitches (resized).jpg

new-switch (resized).jpgnew-switch (resized).jpg

#515 7 years ago

Theres an assumption that all playfields are dimpled and assembled 100% Identical.

This is not True. I have heard from one customer in England, that the cover didnt reach one target. His solution required the hole to be enlarged.

On another, as the ramp to playfield anchor issue you have, washers can be added, but in your case....not enough thread.

I am guessing the best answer is 1/4" or shorter standoffs...

On a customers Pro, he needed to grind a small arc, as his was hitting.

Overall, it works, but not possible to build something with such a tight fit, and a swinging arc boom, with a hanging figure.

I think now many can see why in testing the boom has a large oval through the playfield,
and I added washers and spacers after dropping the mech, or raising the boom with the grub screw.

Sure, we wish the game never needed it...but in an effort to release the one that addressed
the highest majority of possibilities, Curly at LSOG, Myself, and Pingraffix, all have the same.

One version for a customer, I had to cut slits for the ramp.

So from this view, 4 adjustments out of 150......Wish it was 100%.

Anyone not happy with mine, is welcome to return for a refund in full, less shipping.

If you have an adjustment, please share, so all can benefit.

#516 7 years ago

It's an excellent product. I'll probably grind out some extra clearance.

#517 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

So has anybody been able to use the airball protector with their LE/premium? Shots to the ramp will hit the protector, and backhands are impossible with it in place. I tried to shim it up with a couple of washers, but you can't screw the nut back down when you do.
Also, I finally replaced the left ramp switch, because the one on there isn't any good. It's an Omron switch, which is more stiff than a Cherry switch, so I found that once in a while it won't register. I swapped it out with a Cherry and it's perfect now. The pic with the three switches shows two Cherry switches (top, right), and the original Omron that Stern used (bottom/left). The bottom pic shows the new switch in place. Even the slowest rollers register just fine.

Do you have a part number for the exact Cherry switch you used, or a link?

#518 7 years ago

Also try lowering your coil strength, and see if they fly off the ramp.....

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Do you have a part number for the exact Cherry switch you used, or a link?

I'll find it.

#520 7 years ago

Ok I just got my prem today. My Slimmer was dragging bad. I loosened the screw at the top and raised the arm as high as I could and it was still dragging bad. I then put washer under the back of the bracket under the playfield that holds the slimmer mech (see photos). I finally got enough washers to keep him from dragging. The only thing is slimmer can't be hit when he's in the Ecto1 Lane. The ball goes under him. Is this the way it's supposed to do? Thanks for any info.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if it did it for outposts, they would have had populated the field within 8 hours of clearing the field. Because it would mean it was still a little soft and stuck to the posts and rails. With sterns setup, that's not really possible. or someone mixed the clear wrong and didn't put enough hardner in, and took days to fully harden. :/

Interesting, I just think this clearcoat is different than my other Stern's and not in a good way.

#522 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Anyone have this happen? Arrgh. Second screen.
» YouTube video

Yes had it a couple of times - I think it's a bug in the software, it goes away when playing.

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Theres an assumption that all playfields are dimpled and assembled 100% Identical.
This is not True. I have heard from one customer in England, that the cover didnt reach one target. His solution required the hole to be enlarged.
On another, as the ramp to playfield anchor issue you have, washers can be added, but in your case....not enough thread.
I am guessing the best answer is 1/4" or shorter standoffs...
On a customers Pro, he needed to grind a small arc, as his was hitting.
Overall, it works, but not possible to build something with such a tight fit, and a swinging arc boom, with a hanging figure.
I think now many can see why in testing the boom has a large oval through the playfield,
and I added washers and spacers after dropping the mech, or raising the boom with the grub screw.
Sure, we wish the game never needed it...but in an effort to release the one that addressed
the highest majority of possibilities, Curly at LSOG, Myself, and Pingraffix, all have the same.
One version for a customer, I had to cut slits for the ramp.
So from this view, 4 adjustments out of 150......Wish it was 100%.
Anyone not happy with mine, is welcome to return for a refund in full, less shipping.
If you have an adjustment, please share, so all can benefit.

Got mine the other day Art, works a treat. Thank you very much. Cuts air balls by 90 ish percent. Every one needs one of these.

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Interesting, I just think this clearcoat is different than my other Stern's and not in a good way.

i really think it's just your game. My clear is exactly the same as it is on TF, AC/DC and LOTR. Except on GB i can't see vertical lines in the wood.

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

Ok I just got my prem today. My Slimmer was dragging bad. I loosened the screw at the top and raised the arm as high as I could and it was still dragging bad. I then put washer under the back of the bracket under the playfield that holds the slimmer mech (see photos). I finally got enough washers to keep him from dragging. The only thing is slimmer can't be hit when he's in the Ecto1 Lane. The ball goes under him. Is this the way it's supposed to do? Thanks for any info.

What was he hitting?

If its the metal black captive ball cover, start by taking the washers out.
Check Slimer for excess plastic or metal.
Next try raising his wire slightly by pulling up and testing.
A zip tie, or split mini post rubber may hold him.
Next is the grub screw on the boom.
To raise to the maximum, loosen and slide off boom, tighten screw and slide back on.
the shaft wont pass the now tightened screw. Loosen, drop 2mm and tighten. Thats the highest point.
The washers below the mech help, but as you can see, it changes the arc, and now cant be hit.
Ive put mine back to Normal, although If I was the designer of this, I would have added an adjutment front nd certain so no one would have these issues.
Sometimes, is a combination of these, as the left side is mounted differently by up to 6mm-8mm, as best as I can tell.

#526 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What was he hitting?
If its the metal black captive ball cover, start by taking the washers out.
Check Slimer for excess plastic or metal.
Next try raising his wire slightly by pulling up and testing.
A zip tie, or split mini post rubber may hold him.
Next is the grub screw on the boom.
To raise to the maximum, loosen and slide off boom, tighten screw and slide back on.
the shaft wont pass the now tightened screw. Loosen, drop 2mm and tighten. Thats the highest point.
The washers below the mech help, but as you can see, it changes the arc, and now cant be hit.
Ive put mine back to Normal, although If I was the designer of this, I would have added an adjutment front nd certain so no one would have these issues.
Sometimes, is a combination of these, as the left side is mounted differently by up to 6mm-8mm, as best as I can tell.

Yes he was dragging on the black captive ball cover. I did all this and the washer was the last step. It took all this to keep it from dragging. It can be hit everyplace but when it's in the Ecto1 Lane. I don't think there's anything in the rules that requires you to hit him in a certain lane. If there is something in the rules please let me know because I haven't been able to play very many games yet. He doesn't seem to go to the Ecto1 Lane as much as the others anyway. I'm going to leave it if there's nothing in the rules. Thank you.

#527 7 years ago

Nothing in the rules....

#528 7 years ago

I just slightly bent my arm upward and it is perfect

#529 7 years ago

Does anyone know where to get good scorecards for the le? Has anyone made any cool ones yet?

#531 7 years ago

I just finished my ecto-1 mod, so far it's cost me about $15. It has two Blue leds installed in the car, and I wired it up to the stern topper so it lights up when the topper does. I thought I would like that more than a random or constant flash. All that's left is mounting it on the playfield.

Here's a 10sec video of it sitting next to the topper:

#533 7 years ago

Coming soon as reported from Pinball Paparazzi FB page. Anything else they can pack into this game?coming soon (resized).jpgcoming soon (resized).jpg

#534 7 years ago

Updated to code 1.10 just now and played intently for a quick new all-time high score. It's got nice new colorfull light shows, and they fixed the annoying unfinished sounding warning sounds. Callouts sound better too, but I still have to tone down the treble -- way to shrill out of the box. Still no fix for the some of the basic typography though, and strangely seems to have reduced the power of the left ejector. I liked having it set high, with a little shim inside the saucer to lean the ball over a little so on eject it goes straight and solid to the right flipper. That feels a lot better than a wilted low power eject setting dribbling it safely to the left flipper. Now, at max, it only makes it to the tip of the right flipper. Just barely good enough, but liked it better before...

#535 7 years ago

Actually, false alarm on the ejector power, my shim was simply nudged out of place. It's not something permanently installed, so my bad. I do get the flickering E problem, hope it goes away on its own or with the next update.

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from arkuz:

Actually, false alarm on the ejector power, my shim was simply nudged out of place. It's not something permanently installed, so my bad. I do get the flickering E problem, hope it goes away on its own or with the next update.

the flickering e is the only thing i see that is "bad" in this code, but I do suck at playing :-p

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

the flickering e is the only thing i see that is "bad" in this code, but I do suck at playing :-p

So far we have come up against flikering E. No big deal
Game lock up on ESP Ability. Big problem.
Slimer is now a bitch to register hits. Major problem.
Scare mode was cool, but I can see where some locations will have to turn that off.
Sometimes the game will finish the upper modes on it's own without having to shoot the shots. Mainly the modes that lead to We Came We Saw.
Hopefully an update will be quick.

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

So far we have come up against flikering E. No big deal
Game lock up on ESP Ability. Big problem.
Slimer is now a bitch to register hits. Major problem.
Scare mode was cool, but I can see where some locations will have to turn that off.
Sometimes the game will finish the upper modes on it's own without having to shoot the shots. Mainly the modes that lead to We Came We Saw.
Hopefully an update will be quick.

There's lots more bugs than that too. I don't think any that were present in 1.05 got fixed in 1.10. I don't know if it's just my game, but I have a major bug where the clear flashers sometimes get stuck on during PKE frenzy.

Rob

#539 7 years ago

Just saw one of these today and was thinking about you GB guys. Nice entry to you room or a topper with little effort/expense

https://www.halloweencostumes4u.com/products/ghost-door-topper

#541 7 years ago

Hi
Just installed V1.10
I can't find the path to set the game on free play! I'm stuck in custom pricing but can't figured out

Thanks
Lou

#542 7 years ago

Has the option for Magna slings strength gone also? I couldnt find it?

#543 7 years ago

anyone else getting random autolaunches with some balls after one ends? Seems to be software related.

#544 7 years ago

I can't locate the magna-sling strength setting either; mind you I really like the default on the new code. Overall, aside from the blinking E (on the PKE lanes), my Slimer is working near flawlessly and the new code is a blast- IMO, less frustrating gameplay than before. Haven't had any random auto launches yet.
This pin is such a blast to play.

#545 7 years ago

Just received my premium. All modded up thanks to Mezel Mods,Coin Taker and Back Alley Creations for the amazing paint job

IMG_2818 (resized).JPGIMG_2818 (resized).JPG

IMG_2819 (resized).JPGIMG_2819 (resized).JPG

IMG_2820 (resized).JPGIMG_2820 (resized).JPG

IMG_2821 (resized).JPGIMG_2821 (resized).JPG

IMG_2822 (resized).JPGIMG_2822 (resized).JPG

IMG_2823 (resized).JPGIMG_2823 (resized).JPG

IMG_2824 (resized).JPGIMG_2824 (resized).JPG

#546 7 years ago

are you in a mode or something? why does the lighting look crappy?

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Just received my premium. All modded up thanks to Mezel Mods,Coin Taker and Back Alley Creations for the amazing paint job

That has a lot of Mezelmods that I haven't seen available for sale yet? Like those PKE lights in the back, anyone else been able to buy those or the walking Stay Puft mod yet?

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

That has a lot of Mezelmods that I haven't seen available for sale yet? Like those PKE lights in the back, anyone else been able to buy those or the walking Stay Puft mod yet?

The GB mods on the mezelmods site are a joke imho. They are listed for months and months and are showing: coming soon, sold out etc etc. If you can't deliver your goods then don't list them I would think.

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

are you in a mode or something? why does the lighting look crappy?

It looks like all the GI was switched out to pink (plus all scoops were lit with additional lighting). I am sure it looks fine in person, but LEDs in general look way over-saturated in pictures.

#550 7 years ago

Too many colors of LEDs can completely wash out the artwork. There is such a thing as over doing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
15,699 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 631 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ghostbuster-all-things-lepremium-club/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.