image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wideworldimports.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#207 8 years ago

I see this game having huge potential even if stern just mods the LOTR code and updates the displays.

#498 8 years ago

I don't really think it's about the game of thrones. I think it's more about having a medieval theme, something that Stern has been lacking for a while. They have had sci-fi superhero and music but medieval not around. And with the success of medieval madness. And all of the hobbit talk this should be a surefire whe and with the success of medieval madness. And all of the hobbit talk that should be a surefire win.

#596 8 years ago

Netflix Hulu vudu 1080p streaming. DVDs are 480i.

And the majority of things on streaming services have subtitles.

Up your internet speed. It's 2015.

#598 8 years ago

the source material is 480i the player may up convert it to progressive but only blu Ray is progressive from the source on a disc anyway.

#761 8 years ago

does kmart sell stern games?

#943 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpg

image_7.jpgimage_7.jpg

#953 8 years ago

It's like the pro and the premium/le are two different games

#956 8 years ago

Interested in a premium pending artwork.

#965 8 years ago

There is a video mode!!!!

#1012 8 years ago

Video mode is stated on the instruction card center one

#1066 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I love what you are doing with your game, but you've gotta stop pimping it in every thread.

I agree.

However I do not like what he is doing.

#1746 8 years ago

I don't think the upper playfield will affect the flow of the game at all if you look at the ramp that goes behind the Dragon then to the left upper flipper if you miss it then the ball drain back to the left flipper on the bottom.

#1758 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Here is to hoping they don't shit up the white walker premium art too! They can't go 0-3 right?

the premium is supposed to have the "north Houses" on it

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

"Players can win valuable random awards and features with Reel PopsTM, a fun new software mechanism, by playing the Pop Bumpers and spinning three virtual spinning reels on the display. When three identical symbols line up, the player is awarded the prize shown on the reels. Earn Gold and spend it on needed weapons and features. An Action Button is featured on the front molding for the largest array of interactive play features ever seen in a pinball machine."
Ummm take my money? I read the FB post and was like ok ok they are going to do some crazy stuff in the code… Slot machine… a fricking slot machine… I feel like I waited all weekend to decode something that says drink your ovelteen.

OMG Laughing so hard.....

#1886 8 years ago

Because it's on HBO not a free channel any one can get with an antenna

#1925 8 years ago

I have a way to settle this once and for all. I demand trial by combat!!!!

#2155 8 years ago

regardless of the game theme, what do you all continue to expect from a pinball company that the majority of the designers are from 2 or more decades ago...

nothing new or really innovative is going to come out of stern just due to the fact of the old way of doing things... from the old people.

if you want new designs, you need new people, new direction, new talent that may be guided by the older talent but not stifled by it..

this trend of will continue for as long as the old designers are there. At this point in their careers they should be training replacement apprentices... to carry on the tradition but the new guys will adopt new ways.

this whole game reminds me of my father.... he bout a 76 corvette and completely modded it, painted it, every nut and bolt gone through, its a blown 383... for the money he spent I said dad you could have got a new corvette, lighter, faster, handles better, more fuel efficient etc. why didn't you... he goes to me..... I like the 76... ok fair enough but when you are a designer you cannot have that kind of mental attitude. just because you like it doesn't mean everybody else wants to stay with you in the same time period...

I hope people are understanding my point I am trying to make. that's why JJP, Jpop, etc etc have different quality levels, art levels, and tech levels... they have a newer set of eyes on things.

Game of thrones does not look like games of thrones, it looks like a medieval castle game with dragons, if you can take it for that, and it has good rules and fun play then you may be happy.

I am taking this games as a medieval "castle dragon" game and if the game play is good ill buy one. I wish it had a color display yes. I wish the playfield did not have a silver saucer in the middle but who knows with the lights it may be ok..

#2216 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Listen, $@&*#, and listen good. The gentlemen who run Stern and design these games? They are legends, and for good reason. They may make some missteps, and we'll harangue them about it - but they are still the best designers in pinball. Same goes for the art and sound. I may bitch and moan, but at the end of the day I respect the hell out of these guys.
If you want "new people, new direction, new talent"...go off and start your own pinball company,

I think you are confusing the "best" with the only. They are really the only ones. So to compare them to a higher level is not really possible. So they are the best because they are the only. <edited>

#2222 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Your point is invalid since JJP and Jpop employ old school pinball designers as well.

Age and mindset are different things. It's an old mindset at stern. You can be an old designer but still use new innovative ways. That does not seem to be the mindset at stern.

#2243 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I am a right twat, just ask my 16-year-old son!

Yes I'm sure your 16 yr old son thinks your a twat.

#2244 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hey, I'm going to make a serious point here, no more joking. There's absolutely no question that technological advances have made us lazy. Flash ROM allows us software engineers to make mistakes and fix them later (good), or maybe never fix them at all (bad). Photoshop allows an intern to create the artwork for a blockbuster pin, for 1/10 of the salary of a seasoned illustrator. Is innovation always good? Is quantity always better than quality? Should Stern slow down a bit and make more artisan pinball machines, like Metallica?

Well said

#2709 8 years ago

First mod!!! Lolimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2744 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Nothing ticks me off more than the part where he says "8 bit throwback thing". Why in god's name is there an 8 bit throwback thing in this game???? The theme has nothing to do with the 8 bit era, so why are we referencing the 80s at all???? If it was Legend of Zelda, sure, but Game of Thrones?
Another missed opportunity for Stern with color LCD and high definition clips from the tv series. I don't care for The Hobbit as a theme and say what you like about the playfield design, but I think the lcd looks amazing. The same goes for WoZ. Jack's games are impressive looking and I commend him for taking the risk and doing something different. I've never been a fan of the series, but I think he would do Harry Potter justice as a pinball theme.

Anything that's not 1080p or 4k to ign guys is considered 8bit throwback stuff

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wideworldimports.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=wideworldimports and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.