image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

What are the odds that the LE/premium will have color lcd and the pro dmd?

Everything I've heard indicates that no GOT model will have an LCD.

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

As for the LCD, we have to consider the extreme production time for this pin. Why has Ritchie been MIA for two years?
It certainly wasn't to get this license. The show has been on for years.

Maybe because they were planning on it having an LCD and road bumps in the process made them push it to their next new title.

#466 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh, I heard GOT may have a mini playfield?! Oh no, that's going to make the game slow right? lol

Not if it's designed right. One playfield done right that doesn't dumb down the gameplay can definitely work. However, if you start cramming in two or more that's when it gets to be too much IMO.

#1979 8 years ago

On a positive note I have to say the layout has me intrigued. Definitely want to play it with an open mind. I'm hoping the upper PF can be lit from below the majority of it so they can relay some intensity when the dragon is reigning down fire.

#2120 8 years ago

No more talking about a single post that was moderated please. If you want to continue that discussion do it via PM. If it continues after this point be aware it will result in a thread ban. Please allow this thread to get back on topic.

#2286 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Can't tell if the castle door will open or not?

I think it will. Be kinda silly if it didn't.

#2397 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern has cheapened the translight while raising prices. Its sad but true.

What bothers me the most is they continue to raise prices all while cutting corners in many aspects like translight, PF Art, not getting sound clips from shows, having some features not work upon release due to lacking code. At their current price points we deserve to have the total package IMO.

#2417 8 years ago

First gate looks to be in front of the left out lane. Not sure of other. Moon door maybe on mini?

#2503 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But you have to admit Red White and Blue doesnt really fit with the GOT theme.

Now we are just nitpicking. Why wouldn't red white n blue work? What color fits black/total darkness?

#2507 8 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Some sort of precise-frequency ultraviolet light designed to make the invisible ink by whose means the REAL playfield art is printed show up.

well played!

#2524 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So Dwight Sullivan vs Keith Johnson?

Well to be fair Stern has a bunch of programmers on staff to support the lead JJP not so much.

#3024 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anyone see that Stern posted the full LE backglass painting on their FB page? Am I the only one that thinks that's not a bad painting at all? Yes...I would have liked to have seen more main characters on the machine, but the LE is a Targaryen model. It's Daenerys and all of the people who have helped her get where she is. That's the point of the design. I love that the three dragons are on the backglass, and I think the characters are rendered wonderfully. So, thematically, it's wonderful. But yes...it would have been nice to have at least Tyrion on there.

I agree. Had the art design team done even a decent job on PF art & plastics there would be little to complain about IMO. I try to be as upbeat as possible but they really did a poor job on PF Art & plastics. Less cogs/gears with none on top of the shield then add female characters on the sling plastics and that would make it look better.

#3128 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Really it has orbits up there targets, kickbacks, moon doors; to me this looks really wild and cool a lot neater then that stupid mini play field that is in acdc

I agree but why not show us all that in action so we can get excited about it? Maybe not ready for prime time I guess.

#3157 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ah i think you're right. I think it was someone else's premium and in fact it had your translight in it. Don't know if it was from Chicago expo but that's what I am remembering. Makes sense. Carry on...

Pretty sure there was a ST LE or Premium in one of the free play rooms at expo last year. Not sure if they'll have a GOT LE there this year but that would be sweet if it made an appearance.

#3241 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

The reason HBO wanted (insisted) on a "desert look" to the play field is because it more closely represents a lot of Season 6 filming locations.

Makes sense to me. However, it is possible to stay true to the 'desert look' without the playfield art looking this corny. Just seems like the main PF lacked creativity or any inspiration. Kinda mailed in. People are saying this pin layout/design has been 2 years in the making. I'm thinking that the layout combined with a unique well thought out ruleset will make for a pretty fun pin to play. You'd think Stern would make sure the physical PF design has PF art that at the very least wouldnt hurt its overall sales. I think the art on the cab/trans of the LE looks good and is not the problem. The real problem was the poorly thought out/executed PF art.

I'm not saying this is the end of the world or that this pin will not be liked in the end. Only a potential buyer & fan of the theme expressing some disappointment. I went from hmm I'm excited about this release and may need to find a way to add it. To well I'm going to wait and see how I feel about it down the road. I don't think art is the most inportant aspect of a pin but do think it is very important especially in the expanding home collector market.

#3502 8 years ago

Well with a bigger shop Stern should be able to give all buyers of the newest release their pins they paid for quickly. Sounds to me like they didn't order enough parts to complete orders paid for KISS Premium. Doesn't make a lot of sense to have that capacity and not fill all orders of your new release in short order. That's the main reason many buy NIB Sterns to get a pin quick after paying.

#3505 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

For KISS, Stern ordered 150% of their normal parts ordered for an initial machine release. Initial orders turned out at just a bit over 300% of average. Playfields take time to cure. Compare this to WWE, and to date they have only used about 30% of their initial parts order. So it can be difficult to plan parts ordering.

That makes sense sounds like KISS turned out to be one hell of a release for them. Good to see that type of activity for a new pin. You know us pinball addicts want our pins yesterday. Kinda tough having that much $ tied up for something that we're not playing the hell out of.

#3702 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yes, the feature matrix lists it as an "animated interactive dragon toy" and a dragon kickback.

Can't wait to see that bad boy in action. Sounds like it could end up being pretty damn cool.

#3790 8 years ago

Also looks like they put a spot light in there to shine on thrown in certain modes. At least they put in some effort to incorporate a late addition into the game. I know many will say it's not good enough but I think it's a positive step that shows Stern is listening and trying to make us pinheads happy.

#3871 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Hmm guys and what if GoT will be a super awesome good game and what if the hobbit will be a super awesome good game too? What will we do then?

Complain same as always

1 week later
#4791 8 years ago

Let's drop the drama guys & stay on topic going forward please.

#4811 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

6500 shipped to door for a TWD Premium is current. So if GOT Premium is the same, I think that's pretty good.

Yeah I think once they move this amount up on Premiums Stern will notice a drop in demand. At $6500 they have a full featured pin at a cheaper price point than competitors. IMO this is what will keep Stern ahead of the rest. If they raise it much from here the making it at a more appealing price point advantage disappears and it will become a real competition.

#5053 8 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I'll make sure to relay that info to him.

Hey DeadFlip glad to have you on Pinside! Big thanks for doing your gameplay vids. Before this we didn't get a chance to see good gameplay footage until later on. It's great to see some gameplay of the newest release so soon after it is made.

1 week later
#5424 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiz83:

Based on what I've seen/read, there are 7 main house modes. Completing 4 gets you to the first wizard mode and completing all 7 gets you to the final wizard mode. For those who have played the game, did these modes feel repetitive? Was it too easy to reach the wizard modes? Obviously the code is new and will continue to change.

It was neither too easy nor repetitive IMO. The lighting was great in Wizard mode. I know it's a work in progress but overall it was/is a great start to a unique & fun rule set.

Quoted from NimblePin:

The pro played pretty damn awesome!
Being able to backhand the left loop was quite satisfying and was repeatable with a little bit of practice. Love the dragon shot with it's multiple returns. (War Machine quickness and or, soft peelers depending on what the insert was signaling.) Flow flow flow your boat was name of the "Game."
Scoring was kinda crazy high for a Stern but, it is what it is. Didn't stop TDA from completely destroying me in the early morning and claiming a top spot on the board.
I've got a lot to learn on the ruleset but, the pro basically kept me interested the entire night.
Good job Steve and GOT crew!

Was fun hanging out with you NP! Don't sell yourself short you redeemed yourself with that last ball.

2 weeks later
#5573 8 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I thought someone was going to make a better looking castle?

Tim at Mezelmods said he's working on something to make it look good.

#5607 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How do you married guys convince your wife to let you buy these machines?

If I knew the answer to that I would have way more F'N pins!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.