image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 8 years ago

Worse kept secret ever?

#53 8 years ago

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Will it include lots of nudity? I haven't gotten into GoT, but the few times I was flipping through the channels, I think there was always some naked breasts on screen.

Now that I think about it, we *really* do need an LCD screen on GoT, don't we?!

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Am I missing something here? I didn't see one pic of a the game itself and people are already lining up to give their money. Have we not learned anything yet? Still buying without seeing based off theme alone. Heck we don't even know whom the designer is nor whom will be coding the game.

That's like saying that we didn't know it was GoT either.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The only way I would be turned off buying this is if it doesn't have an LCD for display, and/or doesn't have show callouts. That would be a huge miss for Stern imo. Cartoon dots have no place in GOT in this day and age, nor do redneck callouts.

The same sources that said that the next pin was GoT have also said that it will *not* have an LCD.

I really hope that this won't be a "botched license" like TWD was in terms of not having call outs from the show.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

If Lyman isn't coding it I will wait until code is finished before purchasing. I'm not making another Star Trek mistake.

Lyman is not coding it.

Even if he was, it takes Lyman as long to finish code (or longer) than anyone else. Just look at AC/DC, Metallica, and TWD.

I personally think it's worth the wait for Lyman's code, but a wait there will be. By contrast, Mustang was pretty complete fairly early on.

#201 8 years ago

Because he was trolling.

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from charliebrown2417:

Granted, I've never seen GOT, but I think its obvious that stern is trying to beat JJP by copying them.

lol

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Really? Bummer. Would've been a good game to roll that LCD screen out. Has this been confirmed?

No, it has not been "officially" confirmed.

That said, it won't have an LCD screen.

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Dragons - CHECK
Medieval theme - CHECK
Violence - CHECK
Steve Ritchie - CHECK
Boobs - CHECK
the perfect pin??

No Lyman.

#459 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just remember to those bashing The Hobbit and acting like GOT is the second coming of WOZ...

The second coming of WOZ?!

If GOT is anything like WOZ I'll be selling it faster than you can say "interactive toys!"

#515 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

RobT hates mini-playfields! There may be two in GoT! I'm guessing suddenly they aren't that bad...

I don't "hate" them. I tend to not like them though. AC/DC has a mini pf and I think that's one of the best pins ever made!

Also, what's a mini pf? Does Wh20 have a mini pf? I consider it an upper pf, and it's very different than the types of mini pf's that I don't like. I tend not to like the ones where you keep the ball in the mini pf for a long period of time, such as on FGY. On Wh20 you hit the ball once, and it exits the upper pf in one of two (or three) locations.

The upper pf on BK2000 is another example of an upper pf that is very well done.

#521 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So what? Every pinball machine ever usually has short loops of music. Hell, AC/DC and Metallica had full songs - not even loops - and a few people illogically complained that the music would get old. If I'm gonna hear the same music over and over - it might as well be good music. GoT's theme tune is awesome, composed by Ramin Djawadi ...who also did the music for Iron Man. That game has repeated loops of the movie's soundtrack - does anyone complain about being sick of it? No.

Exactly. And frankly, the thought of hearing the theme song to GoT in a pin makes me want the pin without even seeing a single picture of it.

#653 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, okay then. But who the f**k is generally watching ANYTHING on a 130" screen? Why don't you just project it onto the side of your f**king house?

Plenty of us do. Bigger is better! Watching a film on a big screen is far more engrossing, and closer to the movie experience.

Were people really defending DVD as being nearly as good as Blu-ray in this thread?

Theater4.jpgTheater4.jpg

#655 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Everyone knows the first LED/LCD game from stern will be Trudeau's My Little Pony game.
11954719_10100190379515383_361387542001425155_n.jpg

This wasn't funny the first time you posted it, and it sure didn't ripen with age on your second attempt here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-win-got-or-th#post-2661363

#662 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

If you sit that far away in your home cinema from the screen

That photo is very deceiving. It was taken using an ultra wide angle lens. I'm about 13.5 feet from the screen, which is about 1.5x the screen width, which is actually on the close side of what the THX recommended viewing angle is.

Plenty of people prefer to be further back, and sit in the back row (which is not pictured).

#665 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Wake me up when this thread goes back to got talk.

Come back on Tuesday when they post pics then.

#714 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was talking about the quality of DVDs on an upconverting blu-ray player on a 55-60 inch screen. You guys have to whip your dicks out and take the conversation to huge f**king screens.

I also have a 60" Plasma and can easily see the difference between crappy DVD and blu-ray on that screen as well.

#716 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I can't beleive people are actually trying to make this argument. Blu-Ray is WAY better and clearer then DVD, are you kidding me?

Yeah, and we didn't even have to "whip our dicks out" to see the difference.

#818 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

the premium is what the pro is supposed to be.
ok, LE you get the extra blings, cool but not sure it's worth what they ask for.
stern keep saying the operators are our main customers, how many operators buys LE/premium?
why not let the customers see what the game really is with every features on a pro? if the goal is to bring more peoples to the hobby, i don't get it.

3 models, 3 different price tiers, 3 different choices. Pick the one that's right for you. Get it?

#823 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

knew that, so it's alright with you to strip down the pro? to justify the premium?

You are using certain words ("strip down") to make it seem like you are getting screwed on the pro.

If you think the extra features on the Premium are worth the additional cost over the pro, buy the premium. If you don't, buy the pro.

It's pretty obvious that the pro will not have some of the same features as the Premium (or LE).

Quoted from beatmaster:

if the pro had all the features it would be a real pro.

If Stern released only the pro model of (insert recent Stern title here), it would have "all the features" too, without adding a thing.

#826 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

rob i got no problems with what you are saying.
i think the le is a good thing for those who wants the extra bling.
the premium we see today is what the pro used to be, like i said in the post above, tspp and lotr was a fine example.
i think on any version the gameplay shouldn't change.

I understand what you are saying about pins like TSPP and LOTR being the equivalent of what we get on Premiums today (though I don't think that's quite true, since we have some nice improvements, including color changing RGB lighting in the inserts etc). But who is to say that if we were getting pins like TSPP and LOTR today that they wouldn't cost the same as the current premium models do? I think they would.

This is why I don't have a problem with Stern's current model.

#851 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's the lamest, most pointless "toy" I've ever seen on a Premium/LE model. If you want a good "floating ball" magnet trick, play BSD. You have to hit the floating ball with another ball - it's functional in gameplay.
I'm gonna say it...ready. Mick on a Stick in Rolling Stones is a better toy than anything in Kiss Prem/LE!
OoOOOOooOOOOOOooOooooOooOoOooOOooohhhhHHHhhhh!!!!!

Come on Greg!

The floating ball on KISS Premium/LE is really kind of cool....

....the first two times you see it.

#878 8 years ago

lol at people who keep coming into the thread to announce how many posts have been made since they last viewed it and feign surprise that there is no actual news about GoT.

#1172 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm reminded of the very bad initial impressions Star Trek received after such a long rumored hype faze. And now its a top 10 pin. So... I make no conclusions about anything.

Exactly the first thing that came to my mind when I was reading all these negative posts.

I don't care for the cabinet art at all, but the PF art is ok in terms of what I was expecting. It isn't spectacular by any means, but again, I am reminded of the overwhelming criticism that STLE received when it was unveiled as well.

So much hate over the artwork, yet there is virtually no talk about the layout of the pin (other than how "gimped" the pro is without the mini PF).

Other than cab art, my biggest surprise and criticism is the fact that the LE has black powder coat armor (like the pro)?! The laser cut dragon armor is a major disappointment.

Very much looking forward to seeing the Premium.

#1199 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Hopefully they take the right path with the premium and leave the actors off as the central art theme.

Leave the actors off as the central art theme? I didn't see a single actor anywhere on the PF, so just how central to the art can it be?

#1213 8 years ago

Funny all the bashing that the pro is getting. I've never bought a NIB pro, but I can easily see how some people would actually <gasp>prefer the pro</gasp> over the other models. Some people (ahem) don't care too much for mini playfields for a variety of reasons, including having less flow etc. The pro will probably have better flow and play faster without the mini pf.

Yes, it will be a very different game than the Prem/LE. To me that's not necessarily a bad thing.

#1304 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

ACDC looks ok its nothing special, but its a million time better than GOT art.

No. It's not.

#1314 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

What I am trying to say is that a lot of home collectors wish they could afford LE / Prems but can't and settle for the PRO. Then Stern releases this PRO. Argh...

Funny that people keep saying this. I think this might be one of the first times that I will prefer the gameplay of the pro over the Prem/LE.

#1340 8 years ago

I'm really looking forward to reading another 10 pages of post slamming the artwork, with virtually nobody talking about the layouts and shot maps.

You know, the stuff that has to do with how the game actually plays? And whether it will be fun to shoot?

Looking at the Prem/LE, there is no left ramp. There are shots under the mini pf. The right ramp has a drop target in front of it. Get that drop target to go down to get the ball into the mini pf.

Coming from the king of flow, the Prem/LE don't look like they will have very good flow.

#1342 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I am sure that Jack is sitting with his feet up on the desk, smoking a stogie and drinking brandy.

Why? Did he start shipping Hobbits?

#1371 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The LE has the same left ramp, and loops right, to the sword lock. If you look at the Pro photo, without the mini playfield, you can see the ramp trajectory better without the mini pf blocking it.

Thanks Chris. Nice to have a useful post about something other than artwork.

#1781 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Yeah, yeah whatever, Stern-boy. This game has flow alright...just like a woman on her menses.

Always the Pinside asshole.

#1845 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Aren't you one that complains about people trolling JJP threads? Like you're trolling a stern thread?

What do you expect from a JJP zealot and GRC's biggest fanboy?

Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

GRC has my unyielding support!

Yep, GRC has the unyielding support of the Cap'n!

Apparently he can't even shop his own pins and has to pay GRC to do it.

#2186 8 years ago
Quoted from Noface:

Game of thrones or pinball fx?? You decide

I'll take a real pinball machine, thanks.

#2204 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Sorry, but these old time artists are outdated, bring in the new blood.......

I'm hoping that Stern or one of the other manufacturers hires ZombieYeti. New blood, and does fantastic work.

#2238 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Rumor is next game

I know. Didn't think I was supposed to say anything.

#2421 8 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

Stern, listen up: Every one of your competitors has a better looking offering on the table right now: JJP with Hobbit and Pat’s game behind it, DP with TBL, Heighway with Alien, Spooky with Zombie….

Funny...because not a single one of those is on the table "right now."

#2574 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I just think Keith is a freaking weirdo

Reported for personal attack.

#2706 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's likely at this time that Lebowski, Alien and Hobbit won't see any games roll out in 2015. By the time any of those games come out, we'll be talking about the next Stern game.

...or two...or three.

#2769 8 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

No lazy gradient swirl, no emboss, no drop-shadows, the inserts are not bunched-up, there's no repetition of gears-equivalent symbols, there are humans depicted, etc...

Yep.

And it looks like ass!

#2960 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what happens when all 3 models are shitty?

You don't buy any of them.

Was that a trick question?

#2977 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

See what I said above, phoned it. Utterly flat delivery, totally disappointing. There were a couple good ones, and the game was better with than without, but I thought his performance basically sucked. From a pinball fan I expected something more. I think I blame the direction in the booth though. He wasn't being coached well.

When I heard his work, I actually thought it was worse with it than without it. But that may have been partly due to my expectations of a good actor, who was also supposedly a pinball fan, would have done something really great.

#3168 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Rob Zombie has been well known in the Entertainment industry for well over 20 years now, LOL!

Who?

#3294 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Stern releases "teaser" video of a game with the wrong translite showing how flippers work... JJP knows how to do a real teaser:
» YouTube video

JJP knows how to do a real teaser? That video should have been posted a year ago!

And that voiceover is terrible.

#3377 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The Italians aren't really known for making great cars

lol

#3378 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I look at GOT, and I can't help but feel that the Pro is just so stripped down it's going to hurt all the models. How can you make the upper playfield important in the code when a version of the game doesn't even have it?

People keep complaining about the pro, and how it is so different than the Prem/LE. Ironically, I can see this potentially being the first time I ever buy a pro over the Prem/LE because of this big difference that everyone is complaining about: no mini PF!

The pro will have better flow and probably play faster, and the lack of a mini PF is a *good* thing to some of us. Does it make the pro a very different game than the Prem/LE? Yep. And that's not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.

#3381 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Lol is right. Just hook me up with one of those sweet Fiats I always see in the local garage. Those are to DIE for...

You didn't limit your stupid statement to Fiat.

#3398 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So you'd like to include Alfa in there too? Not exactly helping your cause

WTF are you blabbering about? Alfa has made some of the greatest cars in history.

As has Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Maserati.

As a reminder, this is what he said:

Quoted from beelzeboob:

The Italians aren't really known for making great cars

The Italian cars listed above are all great cars. If you want to talk about reliability and being bullet proof, go buy a Honda civic. That's a "great" car.

#3404 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

See...I actually agree with you here. They're great, but I'd only rent one. I wouldn't want to keep maintaining them. When I buy a car, I'd like to think that it'll be the last time in a very long time that I have to drop a hunk of cash on it. I'm sure they're a hell of a lot of fun to drive, but the upkeep? Sheesh...

I don't disagree with that at all, and if that was the way you said it to begin with I wouldn't have had a problem with it. The cost of an oil change on a Ferrari is ludicrous.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Great looking... not great cars.

#3436 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

No matter how bad the artwork will be and in this video, with real lights it doesn't look as bad as in the render pictures.

The artwork on the PF looks much better in that short video than the render pictures. I may or may not wind up buying a GOT after playing it, but the artwork on the PF will have virtually nothing to do with my decision.

Quoted from playernumber4:

Is it just me, or does the color in all the color changing inserts look "washed out"? They just do not look rich in color at all.

That's because it's a video, and it can't handle the huge contrast. It's over-exposed. No reason to think that the color saturation of the color changing inserts would be any different than their last few pins.

#3442 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Really? Stern really loves guys like you. Why put any effort into artwork if it isn't going to prevent people from buying if it sucks? Artwork SHOULD factor in your decision on a $7500+ pinball machine.

Dude, try reading my post again.

I never said that PF artwork would not factor into my decision in buying a pin. I said after seeing that video, the artwork on the PF on GOT looks much better than the render crap we saw, and it's good enough for me that whether I buy one or not, the artwork on GOTs PF will not be the deciding factor.

#3446 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Still trying to understand. Now you repeated yourself and said that artwork is "good enough for you" seeing the video. That's the problem..still looks bad to me. I know, I know, turn the lights off right? LOL! All I'm saying is that for $7500 I want better art...I don't care how great the gameplay is. The art has to be good too for that price!

WTF do you not understand? Seriously, I don't know how much more clear I can make it for you. Why be obtuse?

#3463 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You're saying if the gameplay is great you could overlook the art and buy it anyways (I think). I'm saying don't let them off the hook that easy for $7500.

So you are saying that if I don't buy it because *you* don't like the artwork, Stern will make the artwork on GOT better? lol

If I buy it, I'm not "overlooking" the art on the PF. I have in fact looked at it and determined that it isn't "bad enough" to prevent me from buying it. Simple, really. Not sure why you have had such a hard time struggling with what I've said.

It seems the only thing that you really don't understand is why my opinion isn't the same as yours.

#3472 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Twist words much?

Now you know how it feels.

#3494 8 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

Remember the format war between HD-DVD and Bluray? Sony was putting out inferior discs. MPEG2 compression, limited to no special features on discs, etc... HD-DVD forced them to bring up their standards and they quickly discontinued MPEG2 compression and matched or exceeded HD-DVD special features. This quickly led to the defeat of HDDVD.

Some more off topic banter, but this isn't accurate.

Blu-ray discontinuing the use of MPEG2 and adding more special features didn't lead to the defeat of HD-DVD. HD-DVD threw in the towel when Warner Bros. announced that it would no longer release movies on both formats, just on Blu-ray. That was the death knell for HD-DVD.

#3514 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I never said it didn't look rushed, lol. Seriously though, Stern's hands were tied pretty much when it came to the artwork. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that this game is being marketed as "Game of Thrones Pinball by HBO", NOT "HBO's Game of Thrones pinball by Stern". HBO pretty much controls every aspect of this machine, except playfield layout. IMHO, this is clearly a case of the Licensee having to much control.

From what I've heard this is exactly what happened.

And this is consistent with the crap that JJP had to put up with on TH as well ("no, you can't let the ball hit Smaug!)

#3524 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I could of swore misquoting was grounds for a thread eject.

whiny.jpgwhiny.jpg

#3555 8 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

Steve Ritchie is old and tired

So are your posts.

#3846 8 years ago

So the MSRP of LE's has gone up $2800.00 since Tron LE was released in May 2011.

Well, at least we are getting a lot more for our money now!

#3986 8 years ago

For all the bashing that the pro has received, I'll say it again: the pro might be the preferred version for me because of the lack of the mini PF.

The pro has great speed and flow.

#3993 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dang missed it! Who's got the replay?

It went down. It's not over. Hopefully they fix whatever issue they are having

#4002 8 years ago

The pin looks like it shoots great!

(It's a Ritchie design, so certainly no surprise there)

#4003 8 years ago

For those who are already bitching about the video mode, Ritchie can clearly be heard saying that the player can choose to not play the video mode.

#4035 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Looks like fun...not sure on the "pick a house" benefits. Those types of things usually have one option that is the best one to always pick, but maybe it's balanced really well? Anyways looks like a fast game, similar to IM but safer. Dots (and lots of sounds) are rips from the show it appears...going to be tough to colorDMD that one sadly.

I'm more concerned (interested?) in how the buying/selling of gold etc. will work. I'm usually not a fan of those kinds of rules (they are in RS for example), but who knows, they might be well used here?

After watching a bunch of this streaming, I am very confident in how the game plays and shoots, its fast and has great flow. But so did Star Trek. So, as is almost always the case, this one will come down to rules/code.

#4038 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is it just me or do others think those guys in the video are slightly annoying?

For the most part, no (ok, maybe one exception). I think it's a bunch of guys playing pinball and having a hell of a lot of fun doing so.

#4071 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Pro looked great, but I think the upper playfield will add some variety, and you will still have those screaming fast orbits and the 1 ramp that goes to the ball lock.

It will be interesting to see how the LE/Premium plays in comparison, because not only do you have the mini pf, but also a drop target that blocks one of the ramps, further reducing the flow until it's knocked down.

#4112 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I watched the whole thing and I don't recall Jody saying anything bad.

Some might say that calling someone else a "mother fucker", even in jest, is saying something bad.

#4115 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Then you wouldn't like Metallica.

Why? I owned and loved Metallica.

#4131 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

how did they let the miss spelling of "SKIL SHOT" slip thru qc lol.

They didn't. The pin hasn't been released yet, and it was beta code.

#4174 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All I know is what I saw and heard. And while I love the GOT theme song I had to turn off the stream after a while because I just couldn't listen to it looping any more. So if there are songs for each multiball and other modes or something then great, but I sure hope that theme isn't the default thing that plays constantly otherwise.

Good grief, do people really think this will happen? When has this ever happened before? Seriously, the exact same music looped endlessly during the entire game is what people think will happen?

This is as bad as you thinking that the Elvira "Ooh, Jackpot!" callout was part of the game too.

#4180 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Uh, yes? Most games have a "default" theme, and then switch up the music for multiballs etc. Which is exactly what I just typed.

You know, I enjoyed your posts here before you got cranky a few months ago. Now you're just dickish all the time to everyone. Here, have your favorite emoticon:

Take a look in the mirror. Your constant bashing of a game that you aren't even interested in comes across as pretty dickish as well.

#4190 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry I've never watched Dead Flip and didn't know they had an Elvira jackpot callout that plays automatically. I'm supposed to know while watching a game I've never seen before that a jackpot callout isn't coming from it? I obviously knew the origin of the callout, I own the freaking game, but I figured it was an homage, and remarked that it sounded weird. Because it did.
Honest mistake. Kinda funny really. But not from you, because you're being an asshole about it. You're pissing directly in my Cheerios over what? That I think the art on Game of Thrones is lackluster? That's making your feelings hurt so you want to be a dick to me, personally? Check your own mirror.

No, and you know that's not it, because I've already told you exactly what the issue that I have with you is.

But if you want me to repeat it, I will: you've said the same thing about the artwork a million times. I don't care how you phrase it, when you keep repeating how bad the artwork is, even if you say it in different ways each time, it still comes down to you saying the artwork sucks. So, at some point I think it's pretty fair to say that you are bashing the game at that point.

So when I see you quickly make a post once again criticizing the game for a callout from Scared Stiff, without apparently even taking a second to think about how stupid and unrealistic it would be to have that in GOT (a callout from a different manufacturer no less), it came across to me as another example of you just wanting to be quick to bash the game. Again.

I do find it ironic that I never once called you a name in any of my posts, yet you respond with plenty of personal attacks of your own.

#4202 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

This reminds me of talking to my wife.
Her: "You called me a bitch!"
Me: "No, no I said you're ACTING like a bitch"

Or this:

#4211 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's because they already know people like RobT and myself are in the "dicks and assholes" category so its just standard operating procedure here. We mean well though.
QB is a good dude.

As usual, it's only funny cuz it's true!

#4302 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

The big question now for me: Is this playfield art only for the premium or for premium and LE?
I have a LE preordered but this looks way cooler on the playfield.

I have a hard time believing that the LE won't have the same improvements to the PF that is shown for the Premium, but who knows.

So much for the accusations of Stern never listening to feedback. Well done. Can't wait to play one!

#4305 8 years ago

I really like the fact that they made the HBO and Stern logo's so small on the translite. The smallest I've seen on a Stern.

Messages_Image1608084337.pngMessages_Image1608084337.png

#4308 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I don't think the playfield art on the premium would fit LE
Snow vs Desert

Yep, a friend just said the exact same thing in a text to me. You are right! Premium looks better to me.

#4319 8 years ago

The more I look at that Translite art, the more I like it. You figure that it was a given that they would have to put a few of the actors faces on there, so in light of that, I think they did a really good job overall.

#4325 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

my only complaint. where the F is Ygritte?

Dead.

#4347 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

first thing that came up to my mind when i saw the pictures '' they just killed the LE with that PF''
PF and castle looks 10x better.
jon snow on the machine is a plus.
not sure about the composition of the translite, might change my mind the more i look at it.
cab looks great.
still have to see gameplay, pro is fast, hope the upper PF won't kill the flow and speed of the game.
after seeing those pics, might go for a premium.

I think the drop target in front of the right ramp will prevent the ball from going into the mini PF, but that drop target itself will reduce the smooth flow of the pro.

It's going to be a trade off for sure. It just remains to be seen if the tradeoff will be worth it. I like the artwork on the Premium better than the pro by a lot, so I hope the mini PF and drop target don't make the pin less fun for me vs. the pro.

Jack Danger needs to set up another date at Stern as soon as an LE is ready!

#4357 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My only complaint is the large picture of the ice king on the back glass...Seriously why does that character take up that much room when he's been in what one episode?

Strange complaint for something that looks so fucking cool.

#4371 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'm betting that Stern is completely redoing what they had for the GOT premium. Maybe this will be the first premium to have a different pf. Unlikely, but at least it will have better decals and translite.

#4394 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Maybe Stern will come out with different premium editions over time like JJP and WOZ.

They have. ACDC Luci edition

#4518 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Considering purchasing a premium. Just a heads up regarding pricing, I'm getting quotes around $400-$500 more then Walking Dead premium quotes I was getting...

I hope that is not accurate. No way am I going to pay $500.00 more than I did for TWD Premium.

#4535 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Considering purchasing a premium. Just a heads up regarding pricing, I'm getting quotes around $400-$500 more then Walking Dead premium quotes I was getting...

I can confirm that this is nonsense. Same price as TWD Premium.

#4567 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I think that some of you guys just like to bitch and complain about stuff.

It's never been more obvious than in this thread.

#4569 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Hey, hey hey!
You just wait a minute there mister!
This is PINBALL - OBVIOUSLY things like photoshop gradient use is CRITICAL to playing and enjoying pinball.
You dilettante !

Don't forget the infamous bevel and emboss!

#4643 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

People are influenced by repetition.
As soon as something is released there are lots of varied opinions, however there are always a handful of people who regurgitate their slant over and over and over, and that's what many people remember for better or worse.
Some people will be swayed by comments without even knowing if it is even true or what it even means. People will say X is good or bad based on what they read online or someone told them.
Here is an interesting example: Do a pinside search on the word "gradient". That word is barely a blip on the pinside search engine until Game of Thrones was announced. Now it is the buzzword for banging on the GoT artwork. The vast majority of pinsiders have never even used the word gradient in a post until GoT was announced.
I'm not debating whether or not the gradient discussion even applies to GoT, but it is amusing how often the word is being used as part of the lexicon to complain about GoT art.

#4697 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That's because most people are sheep.
They want to be told what to do and told what to like.

Or, in this particular case, what *not* to like.

#4739 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The art. No LCD. Random shit like a roman numeral clock in the dots. Video rips. The video mode (for some). Dearth of cool toys. Samo fan layout. Huge discrepancy between pro and premium/LE. Cost cutting like pegs, switch on backbox, peeling decals (not yet, granted), most likely shitty QC (too many examples from all recent titles to dismiss). Unpredictable code that may never get finished. How's that for starters?

Go away troll.

#4754 8 years ago

Oh it's trollish now to criticize GOT? Sorry, I didn't get the memo. Gameplay video! All is well!
I'm not participating in some happy circle jerk just cause they now half assed the Premium art too. But jerk away. You're an expert.

Don't try to bullshit a bullshitter, troll.

You even criticize the code...on a pin that you've never played. What exactly is it about the rules on GOT that you don't like?

That's right, you have no clue. Which further confirms that your post was nothing more than trolling.

#4794 8 years ago

The honest truth Rob is that I had $12k waiting to spend on two titles and GOT was a dream theme for me. But uh-uh, not happy about the reveal so far. I hope to God that it's a real player with fantastic code...but NOONE knows that yet. I would have bought TWD too, but they borked the theme IMO and I don't love the gameplay enough to overlook that.
Part 2: I honestly am very hesitant to buy any NIB Stern with thread after thread being opened relating all the QC issues with new Sterns. Do they not care or are they just being careless? Does it matter? These machines are not trivial expenses for me, and I for one have no current incentive to blow top $ on a company that seems to shoot itself in the foot ALOT of late.
So I took some cash and bought a Dirty Harry. Love the game. Cool layout, some nice features, decent, finished code...and for a fraction of the cost of a new Stern. Guess what? I think the art and artistic quality of the playfield SUCKS on DH! And if it was released today for $4,800 I'd say so and probably not buy it. But I also like the cab and Translite art, so it's not all bad. I'm not just complaining, I'm voting with my wallet.

You're like Jekyl and Mr Hyde. If your original post was more along these lines I wouldn't have accused you of troll posting.

#4851 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Exactly. I'm still on the fence regarding buying a GOT premium. I obviously need to play it first before making a decision.
I think the quality of the code will either make GOT a hit or a dud. Is there just one mission for each house, a mid wizard mode and final wizard mode or are there multiple modes for each house?
As much as I like the premium I'm concerned that the games flow will be slower then the pro due to always being able to access the upper playfield. I would have preferred if the upper playfield could only be accessed by completing certain tasks, such as in TZ, WOZ and ACDC premium. By having the upper playfield always available it may reduce its fun factor and feel repetitive instead of offering that cool unlock feeling found in other games.

I don't think the upper PF will always be accessible. There is a drop target in front of the right ramp. But, that really doesn't contradict your valid point about being concerned about reduced flow and speed, because obviously the drop target will reduce flow as well.

I look forward to playing it and seeing video of the LE/Premium to see how the speed and flow are effected with the upper mini PF. Pro could still be the way to go on this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.