image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2635 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Maybe STERN should listen to its customers like JJP did with their Hobbit playfields, and go back and address the artwork.

HBO won't let them!
HBO had the final say!

#2678 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

After I got out of work, I took a quick stab at what would have made me excited for the GoT cabinet. Obviously it's not going to appeal to everyone, and I'm sure lots of people are going to prefer Stern's effort compared to mine, but according to Stern's Facebook rep they spent months nailing down their look whereas I gave myself a handful of hours. And everyone's tastes are different of course. Not everyone wants a black cabinet, but I've owned TZ, TAF, HS2, RFM, and SC, and I'm a little fond of them. It won't offend me if you don't like it.
I'm going to try the playfield next, but I can't promise to finish that. Huge project.
cab.jpg
For the translite, I imagine it having a mirrored backing, so where you see the flourishes around the logo, and the logo itself, would be reflective. The character montage is missing some key players, like a Baratheon, a Tyrell, etc. I just took what I could quickly find on Google that fit the brooding look I wanted. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a montage of characters on backglasses as long as they are well composited and interesting looking. Like I said in another post, the way the actual translite is setup reminds me of a medieval group photo shoot at a Sears.
The gold T-molding is replaced with mirrored T-molding. Instead of another character montage on the side of the cabinet, I just went with the house motto and sigil. I imagine the opposite side would be House Lannister since the LE model is Targaryen themed. Kept the front of the cab simple. Instead of two random characters, I just have the logo and some flourishes.

If that's what the Premium looked like.I am all in!

#2682 8 years ago

With XXVII Blessing!
I put his design of GOT on Steve Ritchie's facebook page.
In hopes HBO takes notice and salvages the Premium.
So,Go and hit it hard before it gets taking down.
Like it!
Comment on it!
Express yourself!
There might be hope!
I posted it while Steve Ritchie sleeps.So,Pinsiders can hit it hard before he wakes up and HBO makes him take it down.

#2686 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Can someone who isn't banned on Sterns facebook and youtube post the gif I posted above lol.... Cuz they banned me....

I put it up on Steve's page.Not sterns.
Are you banned from both?
Hell,I might be too come morning!
But it will be worth it.If it effects the outcome of the Premium cab.

#2740 8 years ago

http://geektyrant.com/news/official-game-of-thrones-pinball-machine-unveiled

•There are video modes controlled by an extra button on the lock bar which Dankberg describes as "8-bit ... kind of a throwback thing ... almost early '80s retro-looking."
•Lannisters will love the is a gold-collecting mechanic which allows you spend what you've amassed to achieve your goals. In-game economies are uncommon in pinball.
•The animated dragon in the LE version has a kickback under it which blasts the ball back at the upper playfield flippers when hit. The animation differences for the dragon toy are described by Dankberg as follows: "The LE has a smoother motion and another motor that moves the dragon up and down. So, as you're battling the dragon, he's either going to flap his wings, raise up and down, [or] antagonize you."
•A "Sword of Multiball" locks balls on the right ramp return. To let the balls out of the lock, a sword-like gate opens and chops a ball off like a Night's Watch deserter's noggin.
•Game of Thrones pinball will not be available in digital form at launch, but Dankberg says they are working on digitizing Stern games from the past and present with FarSight Studios. The ultimate goal is to one day co-release a digital and physical version of a pinball machine.
•Pinball classic Medieval Madness was recently reissued and was being assembled in the Stern factory while Game of Thrones was in production. Both games feature similar themes, and, according to Dankberg "a lot of guys who worked on Medieval Madness [reissue] are working on this game, too."

#3344 8 years ago

#3346 8 years ago

#3614 8 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I heard from a reliable source that premiums won't ship to distributors until Christmas.

Great!.Plenty of time to get the Cab art looking decent!

#3946 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just can't get over the difference of 2 ramp game (like IM or AcDC) where you can ramp/ramp combo etc.. whereas the premium will be a one ramp game (like TSPP right ramp) while the other ramp will be blocked with maybe a nasty shot to hit the drop targer and once opened it will feed the upper PF so no ramp-ramp etc..
While both can be fine in their own right, the games will play a lot differently. Not like AcDc pro vs Premium which the lower PF is kind of off to the side or avoidable if you don't want to got thru it.

The Pro just might be the one too buy for flow factor.Live stream tomorrow!

#4166 8 years ago

My post just "Lit up" on Steve Ritchie's FB page!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207760558242055&set=p.10207760558242055&type=3&theater&notif_t=like

Sr.PNGSr.PNG

PinsideGOT.jpgPinsideGOT.jpg

#4265 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Important: 8pm Belgian time (gmt+1)

11:00 am Pacific Time USA

#4359 8 years ago

GOTGS.jpgGOTGS.jpg

#4785 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love the show, but without bad mouthing, let me just say I have zero interest in this game based on the art and game play videos.

"Game of Thrones shattered HBO's ratings records last season, averaging 18.6 million viewers per episode," said Kay Kinton, director of global communications at Twilio, the developer behind the service. "The GoT fan base is massive".

HBO had a opportunity to make this the best looking and playing pin on the market.It all comes down to "Cost vs Profit".
HBO has boat loads of money!.Stern needs to make X amount of profit on a pin for them to consider making it.

HBO has the power and money to have all the actors voices in the pin.Put whatever they want on the cabinet and backglass.
With 18.6 million viewers per episode.I would have paid the actors whatever it took to get them in and on the pin!.

If it turned out to be one of the best looking,Playing and sounding pins on the market.Their viewer base for seasons 6,7,8 could have reached 25 mil per episode.Not to mention the DVD and Blu-Ray sales for decades too come!.Which a great GoT pinball could drive those sales for years.

A great looking and playing pin in the wild will gain new fans for the show.

If I ran HBO.I would of been happy to break even or take a loss on getting the best possible GoT pinball to market.
And then make the money on the back-end!

#4974 8 years ago

Guys I cannot say this enough.. the game (pro) is a blast to play. It just feels right, a rush to play, lots to do and learn. Great great music (i first thought two steps from hell was in this pin)!
A few days without a GOT and starting to miss it already!

The Pro might be the one to buy.The upper playfield on prem or LE will slow things down a lot.Can't wait to see the LE gameplay.

#4976 8 years ago

I asked this question to Greg F. who had already played the premium/le design.
The drop target is blocking the shot and when the ramp is open, he said: "you better hold your upper flipper up when shooting the right ramp or the ball will just ran through the upper playfield towards the inlane feed again really fast.

So,Is that a good thing or bad thing?.That would make it a fast flowing shot if you chose,I guess.

#5086 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Anyone that goes by Jack Danger deserves to get kicked in the junk daily. He missed his change to be a part a Jack A** by a decade.

If you saw how much booze "Jack" drinks.It is at a "Danger" level!.So,Hense "Jack Danger"

#5170 8 years ago

Just confirmed the Ignore feature works great!

#5262 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Ok so I've been reading on here for a while now and never posted but feel the urge so here goes.
I've never read more bull in my life as I have in regards to this machine, so many people can foresee how a game will play before so much as one ball has hit the PF. You guys should be fortune tellers, you could make a mint with your psychic abilities.
I have no preference to any one manufacturer, it amazes me how many people are comparing the upper PF to WOZ and how the speed will be affected. How many of you actually have a WOZ at home to compare to or played more than 10 games on? For all the PF colour comments, I can understand where your coming from but with RGB lighting IMO the sand colour will make lights stand out more as opposed to WOZ. It's cool to be a hater if you know about what your hating. How can you comment on speed in regards to upper PF when you haven't even seen it played yet? Can't wait for the live feed, will finally put an end to all the speculation so we can move forward and discuss the actual machine not someones crystal ball image!
I hope a new thread is started when these machines have been released because I would feel sorry for someone who just bought, or is looking to buy, wanting some info and having to read though all this garbage.

I thought you have house guests and can't make it to the Expo today?.How did you find the time to read and reply to this thread?

4 weeks later
#5662 8 years ago

Does any thread stay on-topic on pinside?.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=pinzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.