image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider karl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1075 8 years ago

Game looks interesting but I am really surprised how bad the art-work look (even though I should be used to it by now)

Especially the back glass and cabinet art. It's not only the art. The colors look so bland and uninspiring, including the playfield. In that department I prefer the Hobbit by a mile. But after all, the most important thing is how it plays and the the rules. There is clearly potential in that department.

Will be fun to follow this game but I would not dare to pre-order any version, because they all look so different. This is clearly one game I will have to know more about before I make up my mind. At least it is not yet another T2/AC/DC or Spiderman/Star Trek layout(even though those are great games) so kudos to Steve for trying something new.

#1122 8 years ago

I am not saying that it is close to the same layout as the Hobbit, but if you think about it, the pro has a few similar things when it comes to lay-out. From the left: Spinner, The dragon is almost in the same position (a little lower on got than Hobbit) but with a lane instead of drops with a whole behind them. The ramps on got pro is almost crossover like in design and also have a cabtive ball (or ram) mech in the middle. The pops in the same place. Then you have a right orbit (but no spinner)

Then you start to add all the things the Hobbit has on top of that

Maybe not fare to compare The Hobbit against Got pro, but it does have a few similarities even though they still does not look anything like each other in the broader sense

#1155 8 years ago

It will be very interesting to see how the rules for the upper playfield turn out. On AC/DC, I feel that the lower playfield is more like a gimmick.

I see that the extra ball and mystery is the dragon lane on the pro but the right orbit on the le. The more I study the two, it looks like pro and le are two completely different games.

Another stab at the art: I do not like how the inserts look on this game. Especially those big shields. The grey colors on the playfield is also out of place. The less said about the backbox side-art the better

AC/DC looked horrible but that game has become a huge success so there is clearly hope for this game if it plays good and the rules are well thought out. But I am still a bit shocked about the art decisions on this one.

If the rules and feel of the pro makes these games completely different from each other, maybe we will see people buy both the pro and the premium

#1188 8 years ago

Not much discussion about the interactivity with the dragon

This is why Stern has art-work like this, so that we forget to talk about other things

#1201 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Is Got Pro really stripped when compared to TWD Pro? It's only the comparison to the LE/Premium.

Well, it makes more sense to compare it to the same game instead of an older title. It is not just about the money spent on each model. More about how different the pro and le appear to be. Almost like they are two different titles all together. You can't say that about TWD pro and premium. Back then it was just more stuff on the table. Got pro/le has completely different shots. Not sure if it is bad or good but it feels like a new approach.

1 week later
#3506 8 years ago

Those small clips is pointless to me as a buyer. Why not show some gameplay or at least the whole playfield? Even with bare-bone code, anything is better than these tiny clips. Are they supposed to wet my appetite for the game?

Strange pr, if you ask me.

#3577 8 years ago

The chair could be a sweet Super Jackpot shot and also an hold the ball option in some circumstances. If they do it right, it could utilize it's purpose on the playfield pretty good.

This could actually be a toy from Stern that doesn't just feel like window dressing, for a change. (unlike on the pro, of course )

Will hold off any criticism until I see how Stern handles it. Same goes for the upper playfield.
If the rules will make it interesting, it has possibilities.

It's all about the rules from here on for me.

I have no doubt that the shots will feel good since Steve has had 2 years to fine-tune them at this point.

I have not ruled this out just yet (and there is of course the possibility of a better artwork job on the premium)

1 week later
#4001 8 years ago

Looks like there is a lot of code in this game already. (pleasantly surprised)

Judging from the first few minutes, it looks fast and fun. Lots of different strategies depending on the house you choose.

It's way too early to judge yet, but so far I have a feeling that I will enjoy the rules on this one much more than, say Star Trek.

#4020 8 years ago

Avoiding dragon fire could have been an interesting video mode

(the adult version could be to make a lady out of Theon )

1 week later
#5157 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If I was going to create an alternate translite (for myself), these are the elements I'd try to include:
Arya stabbing someone with "Needle"
Ghost (direwolf) lunging at someone's throat
Tyrion in battle armor
The giant holding up the gate in the wall
Of course there's a ton of source material for "R-rate" translites, but that's not happening for me.

Need a hug or just stuck in traffic?

3 weeks later
#5590 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, the Pro's door to nowhere seems silly

Well, you could argue that the door on the LE is not under the castle either Granted it is next to a castle but the door still goes to nowhere, unlike something like MM where the lock door is still under the castle.

I used to think that the door looked silly on the pro but the real one looks a little better than the rendering. In fact, everything looks a little
better compared to the first pictures, but it still not a beauty

Nothing terrible and off-putting , though. I guess it is about on par with other tv-movie license pins from Stern, when it comes to art

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider karl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=karl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.