image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider horseypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 8 years ago

Where is the poxy machine? It not like anybody can steal features when they're already too far behind for that or is it still white wood?

Have never seen one episode but I don't think it's going to matter for this one.

After scaring away the kids with KISS this one at least is current, hugely popular , has tonnes of content and should do very well indeed.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

LOL...yeah that's it. You have not seen any layout of the game or even seen pictures of the cabinet but you know that it is a Hobbit killer? WTF?

Whilst they may not be able to top the TH's display, it's not exactly hard to top TH's layout!

#468 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Why announce a title and no pricing...bleh.
Stern reveals are annoying.

I beg to differ there. It can't be half annoying as pre-ordering a title, being told a date and having to wait well past the release date.

#569 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Either way the current Smaug toy talks with an animated jaw, moves, and lights up in various spots. Those are three things the KISS Gene Simmons head doesn't do...so Stern better have stepped it up with whatever big toy they have planned for GOT as their current toy efforts don't compare to Smaug in my opinion.

That dragon is whack. Even the No fear head is better than that and was how long ago, 94-95?

If this mystery dragon does talk it's going to sound like SR as well and he has a better pinball vocal than grey haired smaug.

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

JESUS CHRIST!!!!! 200 a year? If you're not a film critic for a living you need to get out more.

Jackie boy's calling you to keep calm & leave the thread. He said your game is NEARLY ready now. Just one more year...

Disclaimer:
Do not know if you're on the pre-order for TH, but seems like it after you're turning thread into TH vs GoT.

#659 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

got_ancestry.jpg

. If there's that much of this bro & sis love stuff going on in this show I'm gonna pass.

Stick with the standard.
bros & sissesbros & sisses

#1360 8 years ago

It seems the market's wide open for custom playfields or overlays. I couldn't care less about art because it won't be sitting in my home but I think it's going to be a decent game to play.

#1363 8 years ago

dp

#1385 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I hope the mini pf isn't easy and I hope the ball isn't up there for TOO long

Those stand ups will fly back at you! No worries there.

#1537 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

"Spinning Target with Sync-Flash Super Bright Flasher"
Anyone find the spinning target?

Left orbit.

#1549 8 years ago

Is it usual for Stern to put out 3D renders?

Maybe they're testing the water and not in production at all yet.

#1552 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I wish it were the case.

Yes, that wishful thinking.

#1574 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yeah, this surprised me too, but I highly doubt anything is changing...

If that is the case they would be wise in the future to take all of this FREE feedback. Different story if the playfields are being printed now but we haven't seen a real one yet.

#1608 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

These 3D drawing make me think (more like wish as I know it is unlikely) they may be doing an electronic release with the physical one. Would be super cool to be able to play the game on ipad before buying!

There are certain people that disrespectfully upload/sell Stern games. It's only a matter of time.

None play like SR has intended or have correct game code, so play the physical game to decide.

#1610 8 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

It seems impossible that NOBODY in charge at Stern looked at this art package and said "hey...maybe not so much."

This is true, unless they're in their own world.

#1620 8 years ago

Could've rung up Mr.Faris and said "Look, we need you. Think epic, think Paragon, think dwarfs, castles, incest, dragons". Go.

#1724 8 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

This is pretty funny. I think people are slowly getting over the artwork and realizing with the layout and rules this game could be a real winner.

Most people realize this. Playfield is just that bad.

#1742 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Where are all you guys getting the BK2K out of this? The upper playfield is small and has 2 flippers, there's no U-turn, the ramps are completely different, GOT has shots from the left flipper... Basically the only thing I see in common with BK2K is the 3 drops on the left are kind of like the K-N-I drops.

It's blatantly the way the upper playfield overhangs the lanes. You could say it was more like a Jungle Lord.

#1788 8 years ago

About the slot machine.... I'm finding this feature weird now. For a start, did they have slots in medieval times and how is coding that innovating?

Kingpin has slots, whodunnit, similar things in WPT. Maybe I'm missing something or the point of it... surely there's other ways to gamble.

#1795 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

This just confirmed any doubt of whether it was phoned in or not. This is beyond borrowing. Borrowing is like Gorgar & Boris Vallejo. This is just straight-up theft.

Well, didn't Greg draw it in the first place? I expect it's also just a nod towards MM. Bad idea though tbf.

#1810 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, he's not exactly stealing here, I guess it's sort of an easter egg. Just kind of a strange one. It's especially odd because there's such a weird mis-mash of styles up there. He has these hand drawn archers, that directly reference another company's game, that's being remade in the Stern factory right now. Kinda weird, but he did draw them, so okay. But then the courtyard the archers are overlooking has these weird silhouette figures that don't match the style at all.
It's like, here's some hand drawn stuff, here's some photoshop, here's some clip art of gold coins that I'm going to copy and paste all over, and hope no one notices they're all the same because I'll put little glints on them in different spots. And I'll ice this cake with some Photoshop effects that were hot in 1997, just like the archers I'm borrowing back.

That's more or less what's happening here. Corner cutting, maybe rushed but he could do better than that.

It makes you wonder if they pulled the art department in on the code because they wanted to get that part right this time round.

They should run a competition one day and give out a layout. Probably hundreds of decent pinhead artists that could get a decent break and see something awesome in return.

#1822 8 years ago

You're missing the last image sequence. Nordman & White Water.

#1854 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I do like that Stern makes an effort to keep actor faces off the playfields

I think the underlying reason for this must be because there is so many of them to choose from? They could've drawn the head of the family or something at least next to the shields which would be a bit better than slapped on vectors.

#1996 8 years ago
Quoted from grifter:

Here's my quick attempt at how I think it should have looked:
(I couldn't find the perfect image for the translite, so I kept it simple. But I feel this style of art would have looked amazing.)
le-1-leftjpg-9f7b85_765w1.jpg

A translite and cab is at least fairly easy to mod, a playfield however is a PITA.

Would love to see a playfield swap done one day from someone though, you would have the best GoT on the planet.

#1997 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Stern wrote on their Facebook page a plausible explanation:
shame on us? Surely you are joking? You know what you are posting about right?

Did the guy know this "trivia" before it was pointed out here? I doubt it after the Williams comment I read here.

#2476 8 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I'm not sure if it's because it's not computer generated or if it's just the low lighting.

Bit of both. That 3D render did the look no flavors. Playfield still gash though.

#2514 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ok boys enough about the art it is now entered into Man Law...GOT's art sucks. But will it be a better pinball experience than the Hobbit? Let's admit it they're not looking to take away the crown from Paragon they're out to beat the Hobbit.

Easily. TH gameplay looks slow, wide open, easy & moribund.

#2527 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I played it, and I don't agree with your assessment.

You've clearly stated you like slow long winded story telling games above, so it's obviously your bag.

GoT will be a much faster pace, good with friends and not 20+ minute balls to yourself.

2 weeks later
#4135 8 years ago

Steve looked a bit shocked when he dropped the F-bomb. Obviously makes sense not to use any foul language on air, but whatever, it happened, I for one wouldn't cry about it like some of you are.

It was also mentioned that Jody was his mouth for the night. Steve & Jim keeping it real. Younger generation are a bit more hyperactive, that's just the way it is.

I enjoyed it, no complaints. Showing new games like this really is the way forward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider horseypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=horseypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.