image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#796 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Starburst IS playdium. So you have Starburst, that's it

You can pick it up in the States, just don't blab to SB about it .

#820 8 years ago

I'd find all the belly aching about what is and isn't in a Pro more justified if a single competitor could match the Stern Pro price.

#829 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But who is to say that if we were getting pins like TSPP and LOTR today that they wouldn't cost the same as the current premium models do? I think they would.

Quite likely a TSPP "Pro" would omit the upper playfield. Can't compare today's games with the past.

#935 8 years ago

Glad to see Stern return to "all rgb" light show.

#1156 8 years ago

I'm reminded of the very bad initial impressions Star Trek received after such a long rumored hype faze. And now its a top 10 pin. So... I make no conclusions about anything.

#1180 8 years ago

Is Got Pro really stripped when compared to TWD Pro? It's only the comparison to the LE/Premium.

#1194 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

almost look like computer rendered graphics. I am hoping in person things will be more muted.

we are looking at computer renderings/photoshop. These machines don't exist in real life yet.

#1223 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I know nothing about the show, but first impressions of that LE..I think It looks pretty incredible.

I'm the same way. Never seen the show, and think the LE looks real nice.

#1266 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

This is reminiscent of the ST reveal. that playfield art got blasted on initial release. the only difference is the ST reveal had a lot of people complaining about the layout and the sparseness of the overall design, calling it a SM rehash, or STTNG minus the cannons and toys.

Not to mention ST was heavily hyped for using the "new system" and "first LCD" game from Stern, so seeing the dmd on ST really let the air out.

#1352 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looking at the Prem/LE, there is no left ramp. There are shots under the mini pf. The right ramp has a drop target in front of it. Get that drop target to go down to get the ball into the mini pf.

The LE has the same left ramp, and loops right, to the sword lock. If you look at the Pro photo, without the mini playfield, you can see the ramp trajectory better without the mini pf blocking it.

#1368 8 years ago

uh oh.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

#1384 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"Snap Latch Lockdown bar" - all three models. I don't really care, but that's going to cause some bitching I'm sure.

Next stop, drop the coin mechs.

I don't normally join the bitch fests, but I don't like that an LE is starting to get stuff cut, for certain.

#1405 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

That's the JJP model.
The Stern model is "Here it is, if you want it, send us a check. We'll send it to you in a big box in two weeks"

Exactly. "And if you don't like it, don't worry, we'll have a whole other game in 3 months that you can check out".

#1728 8 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Agreed. Do they typically have the Premium/LE available to play at the Chicago Expo in October, or just the Pro?

History says LE on display but not playable by the masses.

#1791 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think that was just Star Trek last time around.. but I believe pros were the first to ship the last few times around yeah? KISS, ST... can't remember with TWD...

Last year TWD LE was in the factory that vips got to play (like Pinside Robin).

#2093 8 years ago

SR made 11th hour changes to STLE because the the vuk wasn't shooting the ball back to the warp ramp reliably. So maybe there can be some tweaks to the art yet?

#2336 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

They're mockups! And they were presented to the public! Which means, this is the final artwork.

We did see minor tweaks done to the KISS artwork by the time it was released. Things like the guitar strap, some other odds and ends, that were pointed out on Pinside and changed in the final art.

I don't expect a re-do of GoT in the time available, but wouldn't be surprised if a few things were corrected on it.

#2363 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We talk about original themes, but when they come out we don't flock to them.

You only have to look at Spooky 1 vs Spooky 2. When Spooky opened up orders for AMH originally, as Ben has told it they got ZERO and shit their pants. Only once they started delivering games and people started playing it at shows did the orders start to come in over the next several months until they finally hit 150.

Rob Zombie is announced and they sell ALL their LEs instantly, and most of the rest, without showing a back glass. And this is Charlie's "first game" he's designed, so much yet to prove, even though AMH had left the building (a Ben Heck design).

#2367 8 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

The game was rushed, obviously in an attempt to beat The Hobbit to market. And what a shame really, as that has clearly backfired.

On the contrary, the game was announced and released EXACTLY on schedule. Labor day announcements 3 years in a row now. The joke is that this game will still beat Hobbit which should have been out last year.

I have a feeling when we start getting the Steve promo videos, and he starts explaining his thought process and what went into each model, we'll see they are exactly as he wanted, within the constraints he had to work with.

#2469 8 years ago
Quoted from laprocket:

Am I blind or is the dragon missing?

I don't see flippers there either? So a work in progress.

Gives a better idea of what the playfield looks like in real life though.

#2475 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

They shot it in the dark! Good move Stern!

Stern seems to be the only company that tests their games in zero light.

#2499 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

In their defense, which i wouldn't usually defend, it seems like most people play in complete darkness these days so it makes sense.

Oh, for certain Stern does light right. That was my point, all the other companies don't seem to test in complete darkness.

Star Trek next to WOZ, AMH, and now Full Throttle ( i added 2 spotlights), is lit up like daylight in comparison. Same goes for any new Stern.
I notice because I play in complete darkness.

#2594 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Another white wood clip. Why aren't there any real pics or video?

There won't be any until the machines hit the actual production line and finished ones roll off. Then we'll see video. I don't think they ever create an actual 100% done prototype.

#2701 8 years ago

There was a presentation by Steve once where he had several alternate Star Trek translites that were never used. I think more goes on behind the scenes that we realize.

The other main driving issue is the factory drives everything. Those games HAVE to be on the line at a certain date. Whatever prep has to be done before the line starts on the game HAS to be done by a certain date before that. Whatever art/design HAS to be done before that.

All these other companies that people compare them against that are "doing it better" aren't producing machines in any sort of quantity, are super delayed, or don't have a factory at all.

I get the criticisms of the art, but it's one part of many moving pieces that have to come together all at once and on time.

It's likely at this time that Lebowski, Alien and Hobbit won't see any games roll out in 2015. By the time any of those games come out, we'll be talking about the next Stern game.

#2917 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Do u think it's possible for stern to release the pro at a mrsp $5995 usd with the LE playfield

If a hobbit standard edition is mrsp $8000 usd

I don't know if you can even compare those numbers since the Hobbit price is the going rate and more of a floor price, where as the Stern MSRP can be had for $1k less. So it would be more fair to compare actual street prices.

#2925 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Except average selling price from distros was about $7200 shippped for STLE. Average price for GOTLE shipped is $7900.

Works out to a 5% creep per year, which is not crazy.

#3001 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

So, the whole GI on this game is white? And the only color changing GI effect are the throne flashers and the mini playfield flooding lights? Isn't that a step back after games like ST or Metallica? Or did I miss something in the features matrix?

Sounds like it will be a lot like Star Trek. White and bright with all color changing inserts.

MET had the 3 colored GI bulbs which were used to great effect, but whole other game and designer.

#3062 8 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

When I asked about GI I was told le will be 3 colors but they didnt know what colors. Pro will be one.

Star Trek LE GI was listed as 3 on the matrix, but then only shipped as white. So these things seem to change last second.

#3254 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I believe a lot of people are running out of room

People are always running out of room, that is why its important the buying pool continue to expand by new pinheads. I do think it is, as long as interest in pinball continues... more shows, more leagues, more barcades... that will generate new pinheads and some of them will be here posting game room photos before you know it just as we all have before.

Now, is it expanding ENOUGH to support ALL these new companies and new games when just a few years ago there was only 1 manufacturer? Doubtful.

#3405 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ferrari makes great cars. Friend of mine has a California, and it's beautiful and full of attention to detail. I'm not even slightly jealous of it though, because I'd just feel too self conscious driving around in it. Fun to be a passenger for a ride, but not for me. Plus I'd constantly worry about where I was parking it.

Don't worry, this guy is a professional.

valet-ugh.jpgvalet-ugh.jpg

#3646 8 years ago

We did see changes in the KISS art from first announcement to production.

I do agree with Aurich though.... the lead time needed to print playfields, clear and cure them... it would make changes impossible since all that has been done already.

#3941 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'm betting that Stern is completely redoing what they had for the GOT premium. Maybe this will be the first premium to have a different pf. Unlikely, but at least it will have better decals and translite.

No way they're going to make the premium outshine the LE.

#3979 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Add Aurich's translite to the Premium and the only aesthetic difference left is the laser cut EL rails.

that's a big "only".

And lit emblems in the backbox.

#4064 8 years ago

Pro looked great, but I think the upper playfield will add some variety, and you will still have those screaming fast orbits and the 1 ramp that goes to the ball lock.

#4114 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Game wise the game seems lightning fast but I got tired of watching the guys do the same right ramp over and over and over and over and over again. I'll also agree with some people on here.... The dragon was a letdown, which leaves the battering ram and the sword lock.

The dragon "on paper" is probably as complex or more complex than the Vengeance, but the Vengeance affects the game more, with locks, the drop target, etc. So, yeah, the dragon flaps its wings, but you don't have a lot of interactivity on the playfield.

I suspect the BOM is probably right in line with recent Stern Pros, but as cool as that sword lock is, it doesn't really "do" much affecting the game, and same goes for dragon. So we're left with the Pro looking bare.

I think the LE/premium will really shine though, since there will be more interaction with the ball overall.

#4222 8 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

What, I know Steve has nothing to do with the art, but..
why on earth would something like that not pass through the approvals? Its awesome, beautiful and catches the essence and mood of the series!

Likely because he is aware of the images supplied to them in the style guides, and nothing of that cabinet is from there.

1 week later
#4978 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

A very good thing!

Seems like "Best of both worlds".

#4984 8 years ago

That video is shot in complete darkness, no ambient light at all, really shows how Stern knows how to light their games.

#4986 8 years ago

It does seem that the software is much further along than past releases. Lighting effects in general seem to be added much later and here they are with the release software.

#4997 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

According the the first specs released the Dragon says animated dragon (Pro) and motorized animated dragon (Prem / LE)...now not sure what that means.

I think it's clearly Vengeance with flapping wings. the LE/premium version will lurch forward.

I'm not complaining, we know SR is old school and builds toys that will not break, so there's only so much you can expect.

#5073 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

That isn't my name, nor do I claim it to be.

Too bad.

vlcsnap-4649371.jpgvlcsnap-4649371.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.