image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Nice! The Hobbit killer has arrived!!!

Hobbit what Hobbit

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from charliebrown2417:

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Tons of rumors were going around. IT was fun brainstorming. However, GOT just isn't what I was hoping for. Of all the rumors I heard, I liked
1. Rocky Horror
2. Jaws
3.Muppets
4.Little shop of horrors
4. Jurassic World
5. Aerosmith
6. Game of thrones
7. spiderman VE
Granted, I've never seen GOT, but I think its obvious that stern is trying to beat JJP by copying them. And I don't think that works. You win buy coming up with something new, that blows people away. I want stern to take a risk. JJP did. Dutch pinball did. Heighway did. Stern just keeps doing the same old same old.

Wow 2 games 4 1/2 years good job JJP Dutch Highway

#790 8 years ago
Quoted from jsrfo:

That being said, WOZ is likely the only timeless theme there is.

so is harley davidson and mustang timeless does not equal good pinball

#807 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

The only difference I would like to add to that is that Stern as released more than 6 games since JJP announced The Hobbit. Mind you the code was not stellar on any of them for quite some time.

It's 9 games if you count MM WN that does not count LE and premium games

#844 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree about the pro. They take crap out just to make people want the premium. Spinner on Metallica, not much cost but the gameplay is effected. Peg legs and clips to lock (crap what does that cost $30/pin) I'd rather they raised the price up $30 and kept the same lock for all pins and service rails.

$30 in savings per unit is huge not a small thing like you think

#847 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed. But I haven't seen anyone hold up the Gene toy as amazing or cool. Because ... it's not.

The magnet on the back wall is though

#849 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Finally? Good grief new guy, ACDC/MET/TRON are all unbelievable pins and you just conclude Stern is finally making acceptable pins? None of the 3 I mentioned are recent and are dominating the pin world.
Backtracking just a bit more, spiderman and IronMan are superb as well, when I see people post statements like you, you forever lose any credibility.

They had ac/dc on the line in july and met in aug that is not old

#855 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'm really suprised that nothing has leaked either.

I think Stern is tired of Pinside and it's premature leaking

#861 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well, that is getting a bit nit picky, AC/DC was originally run in Spring 2012 I believe, not much has changed on that game.

I don't even think of Tron as a old Stern game look back at private equity for change

#885 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Come on Greg!
The floating ball on KISS Premium/LE is really kind of cool....
....the first two times you see it.

People don't like rehash at least it is new.I would prefer a rehash of the TZ upper playfield

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Stern has introduced 73 new titles since TRON and AC/DC so they feel old to me.

a company putting out several games a year what a novel idea

#888 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Completely different and irrelevant situation in this context. Unless you are saying that you like dribbling it out? This is a new way for Stern to announce a game and I was expressing my opinion that I don't care for it. I don't care for it from JJP either. But I don't see a reason to bring them into it.

This was from Stern's FB first link I think the release time may be a HBO thing

Start saving your quarters.

HBO released a video of the opening credit sequence to “Game of Thrones,” except with a steel ball winding its way through King’s Landing, Winterfell and Qarth, even scaling The Wall at one point.

The video ends with the words “Game of Thrones Pinball, Coming Soon From HBO” over the show’s logo, suggesting the franchise that has spawned Monopoly and Risk tie-ins, in addition to puzzles and card games, may be expanding to the arcade.

Watch the video, and check back in Tuesday for more details.

#1106 8 years ago

As lame as the Pro model looks it reminds me of the ST Pro.The ST Pro did have a third flipper and ramp but that's it.This could be one more fast game with little on the playfield like IM and ST

#1141 8 years ago

If you compare the ST Pro and ST LE... esthetically they were close. Same thing with Kiss and TWD....when you looked at all models...they somewhat looked the same.
GOT Pro VS LE does not look the same at all! And that's because they took out the upper PF. Whic then takes out the throne, which then takes out out the Wall...
compare.jpg

The ST LE was for chumps you payed a lot of money just for bling game play was the same. AC/DC premium worth the money as will the GOT premium as for LE games it is all bling Until a other game maker makes a 4000/5000 game who's to say what could or should be on the game.

#1202 8 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

You guys act like your opinion means one damn thing to stern. The art wont change so who cares. Dont like dont buy. They dont listen to us on things like this so you might as well just keep it to yourself. We all feel the same way so no reason to voice that you are apart of the hoard.

When they make a shitty game and they do they move on to the next game and forget about it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1415 8 years ago

Should Stern worry about the exchange rate...you bet your ass they should!

#1709 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well after looking at the images on and off today I think the game looks pretty cool so far, at least the premium / LE as sadly the pro appears very stripped down.
I was in a Hobbit preorder but backed out due to not being a fan of the layout or toys. So far I'm liking the layout and toys on GOT premium / LE much more.
There are more unique mechanical toys that interact with the ball on GOT then on TH. I'll take the iron throne toy, mini playfield with multiple shots, and mechanical door any day over Smaug and the 4 pop ups. There's also a physical ball lock in GOT which does not exist in TH.
With that above being said let's hope the code support for GOT is great and the ruleset is deep / interesting. Also, the cabinet artwork still looks terrible to me. As far as LE pricing goes I still think Stern is out of their minds for what is being offered.

OMG hell has frozen over

#1726 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

Made a side-by-side comparison shot of MM, LOTR, TH, and GOT.

This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hidepf.jpg 1You have removed your NSFW/NFF tag from this image.

WTF this image marked unsafe

#2161 8 years ago
Quoted from DoubleDanger:

So, I just went back and re-read the official press release for GoT, and this sentence stood out to me:
"In addition, the limited-edition model comes with a certificate of authenticity, a numbered plaque, a designer-autographed playfield, a hand-drawn cabinet and backglass artwork by Bob Stevlic."
I have no idea who Bob Stevlic is, but I find it a little odd that he should get called out in this way for art that's being extremely poorly received, while Steve Ritchie doesn't get mentioned by name anywhere? Is there a reason why Stern chose to simply use the term "designer-autographed"? It seems odd that Steve wouldn't want to be recognized, or that Stern wouldn't want to use his involvement as a selling point. I know he may not be as well-known to the general public, but is he any less famous than Bob Stevlic?

Bob get a call out because people have been whining for hand drawn art now people are bitching about the hand drawn art.

#2639 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Maybe STERN should listen to its customers like JJP did with their Hobbit playfields, and go back and address the artwork.

JJP started fixing there game 11 months ago still no game.When Stern drops a turd I want them to move on to the next game look forward at all times

#2713 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There was a presentation by Steve once where he had several alternate Star Trek translites that were never used. I think more goes on behind the scenes that we realize.
The other main driving issue is the factory drives everything. Those games HAVE to be on the line at a certain date. Whatever prep has to be done before the line starts on the game HAS to be done by a certain date before that. Whatever art/design HAS to be done before that.
All these other companies that people compare them against that are "doing it better" aren't producing machines in any sort of quantity, are super delayed, or don't have a factory at all.
I get the criticisms of the art, but it's one part of many moving pieces that have to come together all at once and on time.
It's likely at this time that Lebowski, Alien and Hobbit won't see any games roll out in 2015. By the time any of those games come out, we'll be talking about the next Stern game.

GOT will out sell all those titles as well

1 week later
#3811 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I don't know, it looks like a toy dragon with flapping wings and a light in its mouth that doesn't interact with the ball at this point. Hard to tell if there is any more movement.

LOL vs a dragon head with a light in it's mouth

#3886 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sure they are! They have only lost out on the $30 million in sales that JJP took in.
More and more people are saying no to Sterns recent stripped down games. At some point a game needs to be more then just fun to justify a $5k-$8k price point.
At today's NIB prices Stern has no excuse for not offering games as featured packed as those that they charged half the price for nearly 10 years ago.

How many of the $30 mil in games have shipped

#3887 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Is it possible for you to post without mentioning JJP?
I understand you're making a point but it's to the level of obsession with all your JJP comparisons.

The thing is in the last 3 years he bought 3 Stern game and one JJP game now that's funny

#4242 8 years ago

I got tired of watching the guys do the same right ramp over and over and over and over and over again.

I know it was deja vu watching a TH video and the two center ramps over and over

#4762 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

The fact that it's the only GOT pin makes it that much more disappointing that it doesn't meet my expectations. Based on the titles released over the past few years, there won't be another pinball theme that resonates with me like this one for a good long while. Simply put, Stern didn't earn my money with this one.

Being that you have never bought a pin made after 1997 that is no loss for Stern

#4763 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Still not trolling, just trying to understand. So the argument is that since it's on par with other NIB Sterns, then it's good enough to buy? Is it simply the fact that you want NIB and Stern is the only one in your price range?

You say your not trolling fine but being that you have never bought a 21 century pin questioning other people on how they spend their money is out of line

#4782 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good points. All of your concerns could be addressed if Stern was just more transparent. They have gotten better but only in terms of posting more pictures on Facebook which oddly enough tends to be only for their latest game to generate hype. They are still not open about code development progress as well as QC issues such as recent games having decals that peel.
Stern should release a monthly video or something that just talks about code development for their pins and other news. Being more open with their customers would only help them increase sales. Leaving people in the dark about code development is bad for business. A game can have a killer layout and toys but it's just a box of lights without quality deep code.
Just look at KISS. A lot of people bought that game and yet the code for it is still no where near complete. Hell, one of the recent code updates for the game was created only for adding support for the $400 topper...

It is funny a JJP fan talking transparency when over a year late there is still no shipping date on TH

#5076 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Hate the use of dumb names.

Says paulywalnuts23

#5080 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I know a guy who actually gave his son "danger" as a middle name, so he can say "danger is my middle name" when he grows up. I'm torn on whether that's really dumb or really cool.

The best name I have known of was Jay Dee

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=ek77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.