image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 8 years ago

Whoa baby. I have some tough decisions to make here. I may be getting my first NIB game if this plays well. Pretty exciting....

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

I'm really interested to see the level of interactivity that exists with the dragon. Eating balls? Spitting balls?

Would be cool to have three of them and had to lock balls in three different points in the playfield.

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No LCD for this game. What a shame.
Love the theme, Ritchie, etc. Plus it sounds like its not the usual Ritchie cookie cutter fan layout.
Stern is rocking!

Really? Bummer. Would've been a good game to roll that LCD screen out. Has this been confirmed?

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is GOT one of these themes? Will GOT the pinball go the way of Sopranos?

You say that like it's a bad thing. Sopranos is a great game. One of the most underrated pins out there.

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

DVD looks fine, and Netflix doesn't look better than DVD and only a fraction of the titles are on streaming and no subtitles.

DVD looks fine If it's your only option. And Netflix definitely looks better as they offer in HD. Blu ray all the way.

I am huge into movies too, and I have traded a lot of my DVDs in for their Blu Ray counterparts

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As opposed to my zero DVD or Netflix movies watched in over three years it does seem a little extreme.

Now this is impressive. VCR I take it? I still have one for a few choice titles that I cannot get in any other format.

#693 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

What would have a lower price, GoT with DMD or LCD?

If I was stern, I'd definitely charge more for a game with a LCD.

#735 8 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

Rumor is Dwight Sullivan (T2, T3, STTNG).

Bring it. Awesome games.

#783 8 years ago

I hope the upper playfield is like Wh20 or TBL or TSPP. Doesn't take up that much space, and adds a nice dynamic to the game.

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So . . . what's everyone going to be talking about tomorrow . . . ?

Playfield layouts I guess. Oh and incest.

#1015 8 years ago

From the looks of the layout, the Pro looks fast and furious and the Prem looks to have more stop and go play. Either way, I love both layouts. Let's hope they play as good as they look!

#1091 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

My beef with this is that they raised the price agai

Looks like same msrp as TWD and Kiss. Am I missing something?

#1774 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

This guy on IGN knows that the playfield is lacking that Stern flavor.
lol.png

While I totally agree that the playfield Art is nothing great at all, they got it partly right by not putting characters faces on it. If they did, people would be complaining that it looks like a LOTR clone.

They should've definitely made the playfield like the map from the intro of the show though. That was a huge drop of the ball.

#1929 8 years ago
Quoted from proteus:

Who is running Sterns Facebook page? They are deleting and editing a

Eight year olds dude.

#1990 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Thats what it takes to respond to the 7-yr-old-ish comments folks are frantically trying to post on their FB site.... Then feigning surprise ar their deletion.

I was making a funny. That was from TBL.

#2091 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

the pro and le/prem are just going to be completely different games. wonder which ones code will take precedence. probably the pro as it will be on location at a higher %

Look at TWD. Completely different games and they got code updates simultaneously.

#2131 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Our local operator ordered a GoT pro to put on route, excited to have one near by.
Now we just need to get a place that has more than 2-3 machines.

my local pub has one pin but the operator is fantastic. I email him and he has the issue fixed, code updated, or anything else I need done within 24 hours. Also, he is going to put GOT in there once he gets one. Excited to play. However, he is taking out TWD to get GOT in there. Kinda sucks, but I got a ton of play on the TWD.

#2558 8 years ago
#2767 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I owned LOTR for 6+ years and played sopranos for the first time just a few weeks ago. It, in no way shape or form reminded me of LOTR layout.
But this...

I did notice.

Sopranos literally has the exact same layout with the exception of center shot going all the way to the back of the game instead of stopping at the safe. Basically if the Balrog is out, you have he identical layout.

#3364 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Toyota pump out a lot more cars each year than ferrari and lamborghini. Pretty sure it doesn't make them better.

They are definitely the more practical choice though.

#3375 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Acura NSX would be my car of choice.

for me too. or that Nissan Skyline aka GTR. Whoa baby.

#3489 8 years ago

I'm getting more encouraged with each additional reveal that comes out. I have loved some of the recent games from Stern, and this has a chance to be great too. Questionable playfield art aside.

#3519 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well then maybe its time to say fuck the license, how about we go back to original themes? I've asked this before but no one seems to know I guess, how much per pin is a license costing? $100, $1000? I assume it depends on the amount of pins manufactured, I would be way more interested in GOT if was say Knights of the round table or something like that, not that a license is bad thing and I'm sure it has to be that way for on site games but what a shame. I think Stern could handle every 1 in 3 or 4 pins at least being original themed. I don't know.

The licensed model has been KILLING it for them. Why would they do it differently?

#3823 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

MSRP is $5,995. I have not gone so far as getting a quote on a pro, but I don't think it will be 1,095-1,295 lower than MSRP. If I buy GOT, I'm holding out for a premium anyway.

What did TWD cost? Same msrp right? So whatever people paid for that should be the same price for GOT right? Never bought new in box.

#3825 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Prices have gone up since then. I haven't gotten recent quotes, but I think people have said there have been a couple $200 bumps?

Oh so distributors have decided to raise their prices? Gotcha.

Also, is it cheaper to pay in full cash and pickup myself?

#3828 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, Stern raised prices, distributors followed.

Weird. So leave the MSRP the same, up the price to Distros. interesting.

#3829 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

'pickup' unless you mean from Stern's factory

No I meant from the distro, but Makes sense that even if I did that there is gonna be freight costs cause they paid to get it from Stern to them.

1 week later
#4448 8 years ago

Prem looks sweet. Can't wait to play this!

#4728 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Love folks who feel the need to announce they are draining a thread...
attention-whore much?
lol

Yeah that and announcing you've been added to someone's ignore list. Psst, nobody cares. Haha

#4735 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I own ST and want something new feeling in my next pin which is why I think the Pro is definitely out for me. I'm hoping the mini play field gives the game an entirely different feel. I love Star Trek, but want some variety in my small collection.

I don't see how the two don't play completely differently. That's not a bad thing either. I think TWD's two versions play very differently and they are both awesome games!

#4783 8 years ago

Here's what I don't get. If I didn't like this game I would've drained this thread weeks ago.

#4787 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Speaking personally as someone who probably meets your description: Premium was only just revealed and there are some ongoing conversations I've been a part of.
I can still enjoy participating in discussions and seeing what gets revealed.
Maybe a part of me still wants to be convinced it's something I'd be interested in...

Totally understand this as I was let down big time by the initial pics but brought back by gameplay. I drained it until after I saw the gameplay videos. I know, shame on me, but I can't help it. Haha

#4950 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

My point was that there are obviously people who will not buy games due to not liking the art, so it seems in Stern's best interest to cater to both groups.

Totally agree, as long as stern can keep margins up. If I was them, cater to both groups as much as we can and still keep margins up. I'm honestly surprised they changed anything at all based off initial feedback. But they probably made the changes because they could keep margins at an acceptable level and appease some of the nay sayers.

I don't think art is extremely important, but I do care about it. Cabinet art (including backglass/tanslite) taking big precedence over playfield, as it is the first thing a player sees. After that, especially with these new games, lighting is much more important because it can really make the experience great for the player. Sounds also rank higher than art for me. The right sound at the right time is amazing.

#4953 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

No it's not white. It's orange. My IMVE had a red filter over an orange display. It's not red on white. He's wrong. But hey, say a wrong thing with enough conviction and people might believe you.

Ever heard of Wikipedia? Haha

#4957 8 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Agreed, I think flow and sound are what keeps me interested in the long term
Hopefully proper gameplay of the upper playfield isn't far away so we can make decisions!

Hell yeah dude. I like the prem art package best, but if the upper pf kills the gameplay, I'm getting a Pro for sure.

#4959 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Stern wouldn't use white anyway. White LEDs always need to be selected to achieve an even appearance when mounted closely together. You need to keep the bins together and have waste when starting a new one. They're just way more expensive and there's no big savings to be made when buying in large quantities like with other colors.

Interesting. Makes sense cause the white displays are the most expensive over at xpin and I always wondered why.

#4962 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Really?
I haven't see any gameplay videos of machines with the upper PF- can you share the link to them?

I said if, as in not certain, or I haven't seen it play yet. As in, if.

#5048 8 years ago

Greatest fake name ever?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#5177 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

For those who don't listen to Coast2Coast, Jody D said on the podcast that almost all the shots on the Pre/LE play just like they do on the pro, with the ADDITION of the mini playfield. He also said that even if you could keep the ball in the mini playfield for a long time, you wouldn't want to. He said you want to get up there and complete what you need to do, then get back down to the main playfield.

Wow. That's really encouraging. I hope that's the case. Sounds like the mini playfield might add more without taking a whole lot away. Good to hear.

#5212 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

When are the pros shipping?

15-16th I believe.

#5214 8 years ago

Are there any GOT launch parties going on in the KY, OH, or IN area?

#5216 8 years ago

First one is at a buddy's location. I'll go there. Haha.

#5230 8 years ago

Lucky bastards. Enjoy!!

#5295 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

And if you love Ritchie flow, why not buy a Star Trek that has the theme so much better integrated?

Because I am not a Star Trek fan at all, but the game is super fun. If GOT was a re-themed Start Trek (which it is not obviously), I would still buy the GOT. Could the game look a lot cooler? Sure. But from the gameplay videos I have seen with the callouts and the light show (very very good IMO), and the recent release of the strategy guide (which will get deeper with code updates), I don't see how I am not going to like this game. I will play it at a launch party in a few weeks, then when I can find a prem and put a few hours on it too, I will make my decision, but I will be really surprised if I don't decide to buy this game.

#5350 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Seeing the gameplay of the LE, the upper pf doesn't seem to be a big deal. Pro could be a solid option if you are looking to buy one.

Yeah I really cannot tell what they were trying to accomplish when they were up there.

#5353 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I think the upper playfield implementation is impressive. Full sized flippers, inlanes just requires you to make a handful of shots and it gets you back down to the main playfield wanting more. It's not timed like FG, and not a 2-shot sequence like TSPP. The Pro is going to be sorely missing it.

Just doesn't seem like it plays much of a part in the gameplay though. I cannot tell what they are taking care of when they get up there and make the shots. I do like that the return is quick back to the left flipper if you let the ball just flow through the UP without flipping.

#5355 8 years ago

Man I love that Arya mode too. Hit the Ramos to call out all your foes then hit the loops to cash in all the people you've called out.

#5362 8 years ago

I also think it was great that I was able to follow what was going on with the game because of being able to read that strategy guide before hand. Really made watching this that much more enjoyable.

#5381 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

the KISS pro seemed to have a ton more going on.

This is really surprising that you said this. Did they update the code on KISS? Last time I played it was still, pick a song, get love gun and demon as many times as you can. So much more to GOT as far as I can see. I'll play one soon enough, but definitely seems to have more going on than KISS.

#5385 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You are correct code wise. They are pretty close but GOT has some more depth already. I meant more in the way of things to shoot for and cool affects. KISS has good art and just looks really nice. GOT is fast but with the really limited ball paths the code can only do so much. In the end the battling ram is going to be the most important thing to hit to get the multiplier but it is not satisfying like the bell on ac/DC.

Okay cool thanks for the info.

#5391 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I also noticed a few guys mentioning that their wives were really into GoT and that helped the purchase decision. I wonder if that will be a key in the success of this pin.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I am most likely getting this game. The wife wanted our first big purchase to be a game we both liked. So we are gonna play this a ton over the next couple months and make our final decision, but she definitely played a part in me wanting this pin more.

#5420 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

what would the ultimate flow game be like?

Demo Man!!!!! Haha

1 week later
#5477 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Upper playfield code is confirmed not done yet.
So I'd expect more to be going on there soon.

Yeah I figured. Excited to see what they are going to do with it.

#5478 8 years ago

Also, be ready for the LEDs in the flood lights on the slings to pop out like other games. How the hell has Stern not remedied this yet? Seems like a simple fix if you mess with it for a bit.

#5482 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought the new code did fix it?
- Fixed an issue where a flaky ramp opto could lead to the game reseting

Not the one I was playing. The right ramp lock wouldn't act correctly when trying to start a mode (it would release the ball while you were still choosing your mode), then it would reset shortly after that. I am sure it will be fixed with future updates, but it was definitely there on the current code.

#5500 8 years ago

Also, don't forget the third wizard mode, "Winter Has Come" I haven't even been close to that. I think I have only gotten one or two Winter is Coming hurry ups.

#5505 8 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Hand of the King has been completed and I believe the basic code for it is in there, but I'm not sure about Iron Throne yet.

Iron throne is there. Someone just got to it on twitch. I turned it off right when he started it, but it's definitely in there right now.

#5508 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Life is to short.
I hope I did the right thing!

How can buying a pinball machine ever be the wrong decision? Haha. Congrats!

#5511 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Predator?
Magic Girl?

These aren't pinball machines. They are ideas/lies.

#5545 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Played 2 different GOT pros today on location, both running v.1.10. BOTH games reset on me and it is at a specific time. Whenever the center ramp is lit for "choose your battle" and for whatever reason the lock fails to trap the ball. The ball is now in play with the selection screen on the DMD, the game will reset, EVERY time. I know this is early code, but Stern, please fix this!

They are well aware. I'm sure it will be fixed on the next update. This is the exact instance that the one near me would reset too.

#5563 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The "some kinda king mode" is the Hand of the King mini wizard mode...very lucrative at this point. The main wizard mode Iron Throne...not so much.

Yeah. I would say right now, hand of the king is comparable to Crank it Up. It appears to be about the same difficulty to get to depending on which houses you choose to complete. Maybe a tad harder to get to HOTK.

#5608 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How do you married guys convince your wife to let you buy these machines?

No convincing needed! My only restriction is keeping them in the basement.

#5612 8 years ago

Does anyone have a link to new code update readme file?

#5637 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I wonder why we haven't seen any video that shows the full potential of the dragon toy on the LE?

From what I understand it's not coded yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.