image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aingide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1362 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whoever it was that said "at least make there be no bevel and emboss" is staring glumly into their coffee cup right now.

Someone needs to take the dropshadow and bevel/emboss tools away from the Stern artists. Just unilaterally ban them so they're forced to be more creative.

I can't believe how much I dislike the look of this game, and I was in on an LE with my distro. Dream theme.

These are just 3D renderings, so hopefully they have an opportunity to address it.

#1584 8 years ago
Quoted from horseypin:

Is it usual for Stern to put out 3D renders?
Maybe they're testing the water and not in production at all yet.

I don't recall ever seeing them do this. The 3D renders coupled with placeholder art on the LE and no art (!) for the Premium leads me to believe that this reveal was rushed.

Why show horrible placeholder side/translite art if the point of releasing the pictures is to pump everyone up?

It seems impossible that NOBODY in charge at Stern looked at this art package and said "hey...maybe not so much."

#1619 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The level of work I'm seeing on the playfield of this game says "get it done, get it out, forget about it".

The random collage of 3D-rendered bricks/photographs of fire/thick-stroked cartoony inserts, etc seems like a first-pass blocking layout. It's at least 3-4 revisions behind where it should to be.

And there was some borrowing going on (left is GoT upper PF, right is MM slingshot).

Screen_Shot_2015-09-08_at_12.39.55_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-09-08_at_12.39.55_PM.png

#1691 8 years ago

So I noticed that there's no line item in the feature matrix around audio from the show...has anyone heard anything different? The Hound doing call-outs is AWESOME, but I want to hear from all of the other cast members.

#1980 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's my main worry right now...did Stern get the rights to leverage the original character audio from the show? Yes Stern got one of the actors, Rory McCann as "The Hound" which seems like an odd (and probably cheaper) choice, to do custom callouts. However, the feature matrix doesn't mention other character show audio and we know how Stern loves to mention even the most minor of things ("no buzz" quiet flippers...really?) in their feature matrix's so it would be pretty big thing to leave it out. Sure there's characters represented on the cabinet but TWD has the same thing and like TWD no show characters are mentioned on the playfield...

This is my main concern now as well.

The art ship has sailed, so I'm 99% out on the LE unless the light show and dots are basically the best of all-time. The LE is about paying for bling, and this is lipstick on a pig territory. Not worth $1,200 extra. That's craziness.

So that leaves the Premium, and if there's no audio from the show I'm 100% out.

#2140 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

My favorite part so far is how everybody's panties are in such a wad, they found that the archers were an exact copy, and threw that up as proof that this was just phoned in.
Later when it was explained to them that it's actually pretty cool; the same guy drew both, and it's a tip of the hat to a great machine from 20 years ago.... they find a way to twist that around and make that bad too
Haters gonna hate!

Feel like I should respond to this since my original comparison picture was taken in a bunch of different directions and I saw that it was posted on Stern's FB out of context with some not so great comments, which I felt bad about.

I would never in a million years say that it was "stolen" or whatever, because MM is one of my favorite games and of course I know that Greg worked on it. It has one of the best art packages in all of pinball. In the context of my original post, I commented on the archer being borrowed in that it felt like another art element that was mashed together with a bunch of other unrelated assets to create an early draft of the playfield.

I still stand by feeling that the playfield is generic and decidedly not GoT in tone or style...and I think the fact that they used random "medieval" archer guy from MM versus a costume/figure that's GoT-specific supports that feeling.

#2598 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Stern put up a video of the ball lock: https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball?fref=nf
Cooler than it looks, I thought it was just a ball stop.
swordy.gif

That's hilarious.

I can already hear the "squish!" sound effect when a head lops off.

#2607 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

That's a really cool ball lock, no denying that.

Who will be the first modder with vinyl blood-splatter for the blade?

#2777 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

Thanks. Yeah, I'd like to give it a shot, but it's a pretty monumental task. First of all, since a bare playfield photo hasn't been provided, I'd have to mask out all the pieces on the playfield like the flippers, wireforms, etc. Just that setup alone would take me more time than I spent doing the whole cabinet reskin a few pages back...

You shouldn't spend any more time on this. It'll only make you and the rest of us even sadder over what should've been.

The translite/cabinet work you did MAY influence what they do with the Premium artwork, so a million kudos for that.

The likelihood that they'll go back and redesign the playfield is basically nil. I think our best hope is that the rest of the game is awesome and people put out some great mods.

#2933 8 years ago

From pinballinfo forum post:

Steve really liked the idea of having a true 'pinball lady' as part of the game, and thought that having played many different machines in the past would help with understanding the script and the tone of certain phrases (for example, the enthusiasm in a 'super jackpot!' or how you might be berated for losing the ball or for tilting). So off I went to a recording studio and had Steve Ritchie and Dwight Sullivan (the game developer) talking to me through headphones, and guided me through the script line by line. (By this point i'd watched up to the end of season 4 - still hooked). Steve and Dwight were both fantastic, so supportive and not just patient with each line but really enthusiastic too, even 3 hours in.

Hmm...interested to see how this will turn out.

Hopefully The Hound is doing jackpot, tilt and drain callouts too. Also hoping that they're not just using her as a cheaper replacement for show voice clips.

#3092 8 years ago

Throne room BG with the throne looks WAY better. Will have to see how it interacts with that flasher (if at all).

Plenty of opportunity for some great lighting mods in and around the throne.

#3178 8 years ago

Geez, tough crowd now.

They're going to die by a thousand social media cuts unless they just do a content dump and lay it all out there. At this point the launch, along with their social media plan, is spoiled. Don't bother leaking things out slowly.

I've personally moved past the "omg, this is garbage" phase into the "relax, it's only pinball" phase. Stern was my only shot at an epic total package for GoT pinball and it's gone. Nothing I can do.

Now I'm just waiting to stand in front of one and give it a try.

#3431 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

And what is that bubbling sound when "blackwater MB" is started? Sounds like the same sound fx from wolverine MB in Xmen. Shouldn't it sound like the epic explosion of the wildfire in the blackwater?

I'd guess that the explosions are jackpot effects.

The Hound sounded good.

#3615 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Great!.Plenty of time to get the Cab art looking decent!

Also extra time to work on code and get the Premium playfield kinks worked out on the LEs.

#3617 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Were there playfield kinks to be worked out on ACDC LEs? (With the exception of cloudy lower PF windows.) Don't know what you mean by that...

I was speaking more about TWD. They sent me extra plastics for a ramp that had lots of airballs and a kit to put protective feet on the bicycle girl ramp because it was chewing into the PF.

Cloudy windows on AC/DC are a great example too, though.

#3641 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The horrible drop Shadow/glow around the characters is gone. The black glow around the logo has been reduced to a nice clean keyline. Two easy changes that turn it much more acceptable.

They also added a dark fade to the top, which should blend nicely into the black armor.

#3696 8 years ago

So a friend just pointed this out, but it looks like when they went from 3D render to production they reversed one of the "badges" and now the shadows are facing different directions.

Maybe shadows from the pyramid? Look like googly eyes to me. Wonder what's going on there.

Looks like they also improved the background brick texture by scaling it down so it's more readable as a wall.

Screen_Shot_2015-09-22_at_6.17.51_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-09-22_at_6.17.51_PM.png

#4041 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is it just me or do others think those guys in the video are slightly annoying?

I thought that it was really fun watching Steve both play his latest game and watch someone else play it for the first time. You could tell that he was very into it and proud to describe the rules and features.

#4215 8 years ago

Someone mentioned this in another thread, but it looks a lot like the old Pirates! game.

I played the crap out of that game in the early 90s.

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

#4280 8 years ago

Wow, the PF art is different, too. Didn't see that coming.

EDIT

They even added little snowdrifts to all of gears and bits on the plastics. That's awesome.

11218231_10153631667934244_5457023738666596605_o.jpg11218231_10153631667934244_5457023738666596605_o.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aingide.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=aingide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.