image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Silver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1277 8 years ago

First post here, as I was following the rumours and speculation from Friday and thought I'd sign up to chip in.

I have an Attack from Mars at present and I'm looking for a change. Game of Thrones is a great theme for me and I have my name pencilled in against an LE. First impressions of the artwork is very underwhelming. Like most others I'd prefer it to be dark, but this to be designed to attract people in arcades etc (more than just fans of the TV series and books).

Playfield looks very interesting in terms of shots and toys. I'm a little disappointed that the artwork is generic but it'd be impossible to try and fit every character from the show on there. Someone will always complain that one character or another has been omitted. Interestingly, I thought the same thing about the Star Trek playfield when I saw it, and that game plays well. Stern have said you can choose you house. With seven houses, how could you incorporate enough characters from each one on there (as well as dragons, white walkers, the Wall etc) without it looking very, very busy?

Finally (since others have mentioned it), I've had the Alien sneak peak from Heighway at the UK Pinball Party and, if it ends up looking anything like their plans, it could be very interesting. Continued delays and a relatively new pinball house put me off though.

#1442 8 years ago

So, the Premium has the potential to have the best artwork of all (based around the north and the wall). It should certainly be "grimmer" than the others.

Am I missing something but the once you're looking at the playfield (i.e. playing the game) there will be no difference between the LE and Premium? Not even an inanimate toy? Am I wrong or is this a first? I'm on the list for an LE but I'm not paying an extra £700 for side armour (and a few inconsequential elements).

#1447 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're wrong. EVERY Premium's playfield is exactly the same as the LE. Not one difference. Ever.

You missed the question about toy then?

"...there will be no difference between the LE and Premium? Not even an inanimate toy?"

#1466 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I missed nothing. I answered your question. Everything under the glass is EXACTLY THE SAME.

There's no shaker motor on Star Trek Premium, for example.

#1504 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're like talking to a brick wall.
EVERYTHING ATTACHED TO THE FUCKING PLAYFIELD IS THE SAME!!!!! All gameplay and toys! Sometimes there's no shaker, but you can put one in yourself - thus making that aspect the same.

Impressive rage. You said "everything under the glass is the same", when it clearly isn't. Saying you can fit something later (at additional cost) is missing the point entirely when comparing off-the-shelf costs. But, whatever. Feel free to punch your caps lock a few more times if it makes you feel big.

#1638 8 years ago

Stern have finally added that features matrix to their website. I wonder what the hold-up is with the Premium artwork (unless it's not actually ready yet).

1 week later
#2988 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My only concern is getting that GOT accent right. It's not quite British. Can't put my finger on it, but almost all the characters talk with that accent, and it's instantly recognizable as being from the show...and will instantly raise bullshit flags if done wrong.

They're entirely almost British, but many of the actors/characters have different accents from different regions so I can understand the confusion. On the positive side, as an Englishman, the accent on call outs won't raise any flags to me because I hear so many different dialects in the show anyway.

#3068 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Does it seem to you at least that within a certain region in the show that they kept the regional accent consistent? I wonder how much thought goes into that. Being that Americans are the show runners, I bet they just hear any British accent and shout, "Perfect!"
There is actually a northern British accent, though, right? I remember them mentioning it in Doctor Who when Christopher Eccleston was The Doctor ("Why do you have a northern accent?"). Did they at least get that one right in GOT? Seems like those in the north should be using it.

Absolutely and there are many different northern accents. People from Yorkshire, Newcastle and Liverpool (for example) sound very different. I think they do a pretty good job of keeping them grouped on the show. I'd rather that than people attempt to imitate an accent and risk doing a bad job!

Quoted from winteriscoming:

Of course, then you've got the foreigners doing British accents. Do those sound bad to you? Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) is American and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) is Danish.

Russell Crowe's accent in Robin Hood is hilarious. In every scene he sounds like he's from a different part of the UK. Maybe he should have followed Kevin Costner's lead (from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves) and not even attempted one. Still, it could be worse I guess. You have to put up Jason Statham attempting an American accent...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Silver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=Silver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.