image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Iceman5000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1004 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

The Elusive Obvious: I find it interesting that most if not all of these photos are Computer Rendered.

That's how it has been for all Stern Games, for the past few years. The first machine will not be built for a few weeks after the announcement. Only a white wood exists at this time. The artwork isn't even 100% finalized at this point.

#1825 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

While obviously there is compositing going on in those images.. (especially the backglass/cabinet stuff) they aren't completely renders. The images of the mini-PF, and overheads are real photos. The castle walls look bad.. because well when you make a box out of acrylic and just print on the inside.. well that's what you get. No depth or texture. That is the game in the flesh...

Incorrect, not a single game has been produced. The final white wood, is the only thing that exists at this moment. The first set of prototype Pros should be done next week.

#1832 8 years ago
Quoted from dbloom:

It is probably the most popular show on television right now. Apple partnered with HBO to offer HBO Now exclusively on Apple devices to coincide with the new season.

NUmber 4 according to imdb.

#2508 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Guessing Jared isnt having as much fun being the social media guy for Stern, given WWE and now GoT lol

He wasn't at Stern when WWE was released, he came to Stern right after KISS was announced. KISS was generally well received, so his job was pretty easy, now after GOT, not so much. Maybe he can have an "EPIC" GOT release party!

#2512 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With KISS we saw the power button moved to the head of the cabinet and service rails shortened.

Actually these changes were implemented with WWE, but the 6 people who bought it never mentioned it. Lol!

#2923 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I agree with you but I wanted to use mrsp as a constant because some distributors or resellers sell at different prices for the same game.
I also agree JJP probably can't sell for anything less because they costs are higher because stern buys in greater volume.
With that being said. JJP has to produce a game with more value and make less because they are they new kids on the block
I still think the margins are small because if it was truely that good. There would be more companies in the business.
I just checked msrp on a STLE $8795 vs GoTLE $8795
Same price for a LE after 2 years.
You can argue about extras like shaker motor etc on the STLE
But then again GoTLE has extra stuff on the pf and more led color changing lights
So I just don't see how ppl are saying stern is being greedy etc
GoT looks like it has an awesome
game. The exchange rate sucks but that's not sterns fault.

Except average selling price from distros was about $7200 shippped for STLE. Average price for GOTLE shipped is $7900.

#2927 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

How do u know the average price for GoTLE before any of have been shipped out?

By calling distro's. Most will give you a shipped price.

#3039 8 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

Does anyone know why Stern made GoT their very first paper release of a pin?
Why going public with some inferior render images, when you could just wait a couple more days for the real deal? I can't see any reason for doing this.
Maybe the physical tables are further away from completion then Stern wants us to believe?
But even then, there is not pressure to announce a new game, since JJP, Heighway, DP and Spooky are far away from releasing their own new pins.

This was not their first Virtual release. Kiss was done the same way. The only difference was the Kiss machines were on the assembly line a week after the release.

#3040 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

If it's true that there is going to be a virtual release of this table on Farsight Pinball, they're going to have to wait to release the game until the code is somewhat complete, won't they?

It will be at least a year before this visual release.

#3228 8 years ago

The reason HBO wanted (insisted) on a "desert look" to the play field is because it more closely represents a lot of Season 6 filming locations.

#3491 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Stern is shipping GoT? This would be news to me!
The Hobbit is getting close to shipping and Stern is already getting beat-up on marketshare by JJP, Heighway and even Spooky (thus GoT announcement).

Man, I want what your smoking! JJP, Heighway, and Spooky combined haven't put but a small scratch in Stern' market share, probably way less than 5%. Stern will have more GOT shipped in the 4th quarter, than the rest combined total games produced to date.

#3501 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Stern's market share of selling NIB games is the lowest its been in probably 20 years! They move into a new larger factory and people are still waiting for their Kiss Premiums for over 90 days. Do I sound so silly now??

Dude, seriously? The market was dying 20 years ago. B/W were at the end of the line. Capcom closed shop. Data east was on its last legs. Now Stern had to go to a bigger factory just to try to keep of with production, they almost quadrupled the size of the factory, and still can't keep up. That's why people are still waiting for their KISS. Stern has sold more games in the past 4 years, than the previous 11 before that.

#3504 8 years ago

For KISS, Stern ordered 150% of their normal parts ordered for an initial machine release. Initial orders turned out at just a bit over 300% of average. Playfields take time to cure. Compare this to WWE, and to date they have only used about 30% of their initial parts order. So it can be difficult to plan parts ordering.

#3510 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Seems like the GOT release was rushed for some reason. Initial pics were actually renders, then subsequent video clips from an unfinished game in a TWD cabinet. With the negative response to the art, would have been much better to follow up with some strong gameplay footage of a finished game.
Was it something to do with the license?

GOT (release) was not rushed. Release date was scheduled 18 months ago. KISS was also released with renders.

#3513 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's been known it was September for a long time, agreed. But man, it sure *looks* rushed.

I never said it didn't look rushed, lol. Seriously though, Stern's hands were tied pretty much when it came to the artwork. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that this game is being marketed as "Game of Thrones Pinball by HBO", NOT "HBO's Game of Thrones pinball by Stern". HBO pretty much controls every aspect of this machine, except playfield layout. IMHO, this is clearly a case of the Licensee having to much control.

#3606 8 years ago

They always make Pros first, then LE's, then premiums.

#3609 8 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I thought kiss LE's were made before the pro's...

Nope. Pros hit the line in May, LE's were late June, July. Premium's July forward.

#3626 8 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So if they are making pro's already, why no gameplay video yet?

Because they don't have a completed game yet.

#3627 8 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I heard from a reliable source that premiums won't ship to distributors until Christmas.

I was told beginning December, so not to far off.

2 weeks later
#5018 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Any word on when LEs are shipping?

November

1 week later
#5252 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Are they including an LE topper?

Lol.

$499.00

#5263 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Ok so I've been reading on here for a while now and never posted but feel the urge so here goes.
I've never read more bull in my life as I have in regards to this machine, so many people can foresee how a game will play before so much as one ball has hit the PF. You guys should be fortune tellers, you could make a mint with your psychic abilities.
I have no preference to any one manufacturer, it amazes me how many people are comparing the upper PF to WOZ and how the speed will be affected. How many of you actually have a WOZ at home to compare to or played more than 10 games on? For all the PF colour comments, I can understand where your coming from but with RGB lighting IMO the sand colour will make lights stand out more as opposed to WOZ. It's cool to be a hater if you know about what your hating. How can you comment on speed in regards to upper PF when you haven't even seen it played yet? Can't wait for the live feed, will finally put an end to all the speculation so we can move forward and discuss the actual machine not someones crystal ball image!
I hope a new thread is started when these machines have been released because I would feel sorry for someone who just bought, or is looking to buy, wanting some info and having to read though all this garbage.

I remember my first day on the internet too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Iceman5000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=Iceman5000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.