image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 8 years ago

Oh man I am such a big Got fan.
Do you think two games with a dragon in both would be to much for a smal collection?^^
And I hope that there won't be to much bling in the le over the prem. Those games are getting to expensive here in europe to buy LEs.

#618 8 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Just a lot of people in other threads hinting that they've seen the layout and they're "not impressed" or they've seen the features matrix and "wow Pro buyers are getting screwed". In other words, sour grapes.

I missed the lot of people that are hinting that they've seen the layout and they're "not impressed". Can you give us a link? Haven't seen anything like this here.

#631 8 years ago
Quoted from Tubes:

Let me do some more searching for you I am diligently complying with your command. Still looking for two other posts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-game-of-thrones-le-now-taking-deposits/page/2#post-2661027

I didn't ask about the cost cutting of the pro. I asked for a link to someone that had seen the layout and was unimpressed. I still can't find such a post. And I think you have made this up!!! I am sry if I am wrong.

#789 8 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I have a couple of questions:
1. How do we know there is an upper playfield? Is that just speculation?
2. For those that watch GOT, how can a pin be made before the series ends? NO SPOILERS, but....which characters voices will they choose? Ones that have died? Will future code updates reflect the direction of the series - and incorporate the finale?
3. Lastly....how do you know what distros are selling the LE's? Who would I contact to get on a list?
Thanks
Kyle
Good luck Stern.....do GoT justice!

1. because a few insiders that are always right said so
2. Does it really matter how the story will go on or who died already? I don't think that GoT will end with 8 seasons. There is so much more stuff, they can make prequels and sequels. Martin had created an universe, like Star Wars is. GoT is only one story in this universe. There are hegeknight comics, Telltale Games and much more that play in this universe.
This game don't have to cover the whole GoT story. I don't think that can be possible. But it had to translate the theme/universe into one good game. This theme is so rich, I think a lot of people here have no clue how rich. So much stuff to play with.
3. Here are already a few offers in this forum

#792 8 years ago

A few reminders how much more there is to Got and how deep this theme is:

The Hedge Knight Comics:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Sworn-Sword-Graphic-Thrones/dp/1477849297/ref=pd_sim_14_4

The Telltale Game:

And more background for the houses:
Targaryen:

Stark:

Lannister:

Baratheon:

Martell:

Greyjoy:

#927 8 years ago

Posted in the german pinball forum (www.flippermarkt.de) by the user MHaslinger:
"Thrones pinball:
The goal of the game is to rule the seven kingdoms of Westeros
Challengers fight to eliminate each other and take the Iron Throne for themselves
Stern’s Game of Thrones pinball machines are packed with features and toys that provide an irresistible challenge to play against kings, knights, knaves and dragons
Each player can select a Game of Thrones House to defend against harm, and the danger comes from all directions
Players can choose to be a Knight of the Stark, Lannister, Greyjoy, Baratheon, Martell, or Tyrell family Houses, and choose other Houses to battle
Game of Thrones Game Features:
Custom speech from Game of Thrones actor Rory McCann as Sandor Clegane, (The Hound), guides the player throughout the game with authenticity and strong presence
The sweet voice of Kate Morris co-narrates the game, and adds an Englishwoman’s touch to the character of the game
All Game of Thrones pinball models feature an animated interactive dragon that roars, flies, and breathes fire through the magic of all-LED lit playfields
Each model has its own uniquely stunning art package
Major Game Events:
Players can slam the ball into the Battering Ram, attempting to break down the Castle Doors and grab features such as Super Jackpots, Wild Fire, and Playfield Score Multipliers
The animated mechanical Sword of Multiball holds back reinforcements until it’s time to attack. A bank of 3 Drop Targets lights the Lord of Light Lanes to protect against side drains and awards other progressive features
A Kickback in the Dragon’s lair fires the ball back in anger when the dragon is struck
Players can win valuable random awards and features with Reel PopsTM, a fun new software
mechanism by playing the Pop Bumpers and spinning 3 virtual spinning reels on the display
When three identical symbols line up, the player is awarded the prize shown on the reels. Earn Gold
and spend it on needed weapons and features.
An Action Button is featured on the front molding for the largest array of interactive play features ever
seen in a pinball machine
Pro Model:
Designed with Operators, Locations
The Game of Thrones Pro model features 7 multicolor Shield Inserts that represent the great Houses of Westeros and special shots on the playfield
Lightning-fast ramps and orbits send the ball on fascinating and versatile courses throughout the game
New updated SPIKETM electronics hardware system improves earnings, reliability, serviceability and
energy efficiency
PCB boards updated
All general-illumination and feature lights are LED’s
Redesigned, stronger, modern-styled metal backbox
New game design allows easy cleaning
Cabinets are decaled for easy refurbishment
Enter a whole new realm with Game of Thrones Premium and Limited Edition Pinball models:
Vastly different from the Pro model, both Premium and Limited Editions feature a massive and challenging Castle Upper Playfield with a second set of full size flippers, shots and an animated Dragon
Both models feature dazzling full-playfield color-changing LED’s throughout the game
An Elevator serving two “floors,” brings the ball up to the upper Castle playfield where the players battle
against Houses and Dragons
The second Elevator floor delivers the ball to the Iron Throne, where victories great and small can be
celebrated
The right ramp shot is guarded by a single resettable Drop Target allowing the player to shoot directly
into the Castle when qualified
Amazing light shows and effects are a visual celebration of players’ victories
Premium Edition:
Designed with Operators, Locations and Pinball Enthusiasts in mind; similar gameplay and playfield
layout as the LE, without the LE’s exclusive collectible features
Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”): $7,095 Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: (“MSRP”): $7,595 No Production Limits
Full-spectrum smooth RGB LED playfield 16 lamp grid (also on LE)
LED (red, white, purple) general illumination (also on LE)
Limited Edition: Limited production drives value appreciation
Designed with Pinball Collectors, Production Limited to 700 units

The LE comes with Laser-Cut Dragon side armor
The LE model comes with a serialized number plate
The LE model has custom LE-only side-art and backglass
The LE model comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by Gary Stern
Uniquely themed hand drawn, translite backglass
Designer-signed playfield featuring Hall-of-Fame pinball designer Steve Ritchie signature"

#940 8 years ago

Facebook pictures!!!! And oh god is this thing beautiful!!

#960 8 years ago

I am a big fan of the books and tv show. And it looks awesome!!! I want to play it right now. I think the dragon fight will be very intense.

#1273 8 years ago

Ok perhaps I have a totaly other thinking than the most here but I like what SR is delivering with this game so far.
I think the playfield looks like it can tell many stories. Here are a lot of people that hoped the game would focus on the "winter is coming" part of the story. But I don't want a second TWD zombie game!
It's a game of thrones! The hidden threat of the walker invasion is there, but it stays in the background. The gameplay will focus on the different factions that battle and fight for the throne. THAT is the theme of GAME of Thrones! Viewer of the show know winter will come but most of the people in westeros have other problems.
I read here that GoT isn't about desert and isn't a bright theme. But I think there is a lot of bightnes in the Show design. But what the characters are doing is often brutal and this contrast is what I like about the show.

#1406 8 years ago

I realy like everything on the LE. But I will go with the Prem. The LE is to close to my Hobbit SE, it would be dragon overkill.

#2788 8 years ago

Who will ever buy a LE game before the revealing of the premium, if the premium of this game looks better than the LE?
The price difference is to big if the LE is only a test to make the premium the real buyers choice.

#2987 8 years ago

I think she had the right voice for GoT and more important she understands pinball! I think the voicework will be in good hands here.

#2996 8 years ago

So, the whole GI on this game is white? And the only color changing GI effect are the throne flashers and the mini playfield flooding lights? Isn't that a step back after games like ST or metallica? Or did I miss something in the features matrix?

#3031 8 years ago

I asked for the GI at their facebook page. The answer was: "Stay tuned for more on this later. Exciting stuff coming!"

#3255 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

People are always running out of room, that is why its important the buying pool continue to expand by new pinheads.

That's why GoT was such a big chance to get new people in this hobby. It's a good theme. The problem is, I hope STERN still believes in this theme. I don't think that the GoT sales are going to the roof and it's not the theme here that is to blame for it. The released rendered pictures just don't make good use of the theme. No fan of the show can for now relate the pin with the show. The few house banners are not enough for that. I'ts a riddle for me what STERN thought how this would play out for them. I am still in, cause it's SR and it's GoT. But the artwork missed the chance to get new people to buy pinball games.

#3258 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

And new people don't know who the hell SR is, nor are they that discerning when it comes to gameplay, so the art's all they got.

Exactly! And that's hurting the sales. I only hope Stern will understand this too. One look at the Kiss game...and you know what the game is about. One look at TWD and you know what it is about....one look at GoT and hmmm what's this?

#3290 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps this machine will actually be better than how the show winds down. But in either case they will both be old news in the not too distant future. Just like every other game based on a TV show.

Got is not only a tv show, it's based on books. Martin created an universe that will stay. There will be many more stories left to tell in this universe long after the tv show. I would like to see a movie prequel. Or a new tv show about the hedge knight. Good stuff!

#3293 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So this game is based on the books, not the TV show? Or is it a game based on a TV show that was based on the books...

Can't say, but do you think the artwork of this game looks like it is based on the tv show??

#3304 8 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Genau, genau, richtig, richtig.

What? That's why Stern can get away with this. It doesn't stop until people close their wallets.

Quoted from HighVoltage:

Genau, genau, richtig, richtig.

What? That's why Stern can get away with this. It doesn't stop until people close their wallets.

Yes I am still in this game. GoT is a dream theme. I am sitting here writing this with Stark baseball cap and targaryen shirt on. And I have faith in SR. But I am concerned that there won't be enough crazy people like me buying this game cause of the ugly artwork. I passed on star trek to speak with my wallet, but GoT, sry, stern played this out against me. Just can't say no here. Sry That doesn't mean I like what I see so far.

#3321 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have always loved Steve Ritchie's games and I have no doubt it will be fun to play. It is just a shame that a man of his talent gets handcuffed and not able to make original games like he used to. It eliminates interest from all the people that have no interest in themes like this or are turned off by the looks of the game.

I heard Steve Ritchie is a big fan of GoT!

#3361 8 years ago

I don't understand why it's so important for them to have colored house inserts? A lannister shield in yellow or pink? does that make sense to you? I would like to have a tri colored GI like in metallica that would help to set the game in different moods.

And why do they have the stannis symbol on the lord of light drop targets? They should take out the stag there. Small details that would help me believe that they understand this theme.

#3363 8 years ago

I thought longer about it.rgb house colors would only make sense if you could turn houses over to your color. Perhaps the code will be good.

#3435 8 years ago

I think it sounds good.

Yes the DMD looks old against WOZ or TH and it's time to go LCD. But I still have a lot fun with games like met, ac/dc or ST. And I think this game will be a lot of fun too. No matter how bad the artwork will be and in this video, with real lights it doesn't look as bad as in the render pictures. I am waiting for my THSE, but I hope in GoT we will get more adult and wild fantasy. Can't wait to hear and see more.

#3444 8 years ago

Artwork is an important factor on an expensive game but if I had to choose between an ugly game that makes fun and a beautiful lame game I always would play the one that makes more fun. Today I still have to find a pin that makes me more fun than ac/dc. Perhaps it will be TH or GoT or both.^^

#3462 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's pretty bad ass. Someone's gotta use pinball browser to get that in somewhere. Game over or HS initials music?

Someone said here in a post that Stern will use this melody in the game. Could work great! If they don't use it we have pinball browser!^^

#3548 8 years ago

Have I missed something? I thought nobody here has seen or played GoT. How could anybody judge this game already?

#3561 8 years ago

"There is one way to get to the throne.

There are two ways to get up to the mini playfield.

There are 3 ways to get off of it. " Hmmm???

#3563 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Seeing the clip, I'm kind of wondering what the purpose of the throne is. I thought it might hold the ball for a while, but it seems as if you make a shot, make it to the throne and get immediately ejected. Then again, we are playing the game of thrones . . . . Would really like to see more gameplay to figure out how this is all tied together.

I think it only shows how fast it can be, but it can hold the ball as long as it wants. Could be a real good effect with the flasher behind the throne and the rgb bumper caps.

#3575 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Have I missed something? I thought nobody here has seen or played GoT. How could anybody order this game already?

I don't know if this game will be good or bad. I can't judge it for now, nobody can! But this theme and Steve Ritchie is good enough for me to bet my money on it. It's a bet! I can do with my hard earned money what I want. And I want to play it!

To call a game bad or good for me I have to play it over weeks and month. And a few here called this game bad without playing it. I did the same with Star Trek. Big mistake, but I can learn from mistakes.

#3576 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

"There is one way to get to the throne.
There are two ways to get up to the mini playfield.
There are 3 ways to get off of it. " Hmmm???

Can someone help me here?
"There is only one way to get to the throne."
So this would be the outer loop shot? That could be stopped in the kickup wall-elevator?

"There are two ways to get up to the mini playfield."
That has to be the ramp entrance and perhaps the wall-elevator kick up from the outer loop shot can bring the ball to the throne or the mini playfield?

"There are 3 ways to get off of it?"
Okay I can see the bottom exit but where are the other exits? I bet one will be behind the dragon? So perhaps the dragon could nove forward and reveal a exit in his back?

#3579 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Second exit is the VUK to the throne (which is also "the one way to get to the throne"), I guess.
Third one, not sure, can't seem to find the low-angled picture any more that shows the lanes of the mini-PF.
There are controlled gates, though. So the second way to the mini-PF could also be the third exit.

I think you are wrong, in the end of the mini video clip you see the ball goes around the outer main playfield shot (second 10 of the clip) direct in the vuk up to the throne, not from the mini playfield. It suprised me to see this. So I think perhaps the elevator VUK can take the ball up to the mini playfield or the throne.

#3581 8 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10153611299929244/
Second 10 you see the ball in the outer loop. You have to replay it a few times to see it.
GOT.jpgGOT.jpg

Look at the arrow I put it in to mark the ball. The ball goes from there around the loop in the vuk. So the VUK brings it from the main playfield to the throne, not from the mini playfield. I still think the VUK starts on the main playfield and can bring the ball up to the mini playfield or the throne. A two way vuk diverter. I don't know if we ever have seen something like this before? SR had 2 years time for this game. Like the sword lock I think we will see here a few very clever designed mechs. And we don't know for now how everything will shoot and play in the end.

#3588 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Congo has that.

Never played congo, but wasn't that a kicker in 2 directions? Here in GoT I hope the upkicker could bring the ball to two different floors?
If the elevator could only bring the ball to the throne, I would like to know where the second entrance to the mini playfield is?

#3607 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Forgive me, I'm not trying to be a troll but a close up of a kickout? What's next the coin door eject mechanism?

Oh man sometimes...ok,I try it again....With this picture I want to point out that the ball that will go over the ramp into the throne doesn't come from the mini playfield like some others here wrote it would. The ball comes from the main playfield. The VUK starts on the mainplayfield and not on the miniplayfield. This picture is a still out of the mini clip and proofs that. You can see the ball right before it goes in the VUK. The ball is on the mainplayfield and not on the miniplayfield. So the people that posted before, that the ball will come from the miniplayfield are wrong! Is that so hard to understand or is my english really as bad as my teachers always said to me?

#3612 8 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Maybe they filmed this during a multiball. We'll see.

They even said it on facebook: "The ball comes up "the elevator" from the main playfield and makes its way to the Iron Throne!"
And in the features matrix: "The Wall Elevator brings ball up 2 floors: (1) Upper Playfield, and (2) the Iron Throne"

#3843 8 years ago

Last week I heard the new amorphis song Death of a king and had to think about GoT ever since I heard it.

I think I will use this song with pinball browser in the game .

#3870 8 years ago

Hmm guys and what if GoT will be a super awesome good game and what if the hobbit will be a super awesome good game too? What will we do then?

#3921 8 years ago

I don't know what a drop lane is, but the mini playfield will have three exits and I think those can be under the dragon. So you have to be very accurate with your shots. I think the ball times will be very short on the upper playfield. Perhaps we all will be very happy that it isn't hard to get up there.

#3934 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

3 exits?! That would be cool. From the pictures I only see the one obvious exit, but maybe there's something behind the dragon - there appears to be a left upper orbit that could feed something... not sure why they would make it an exit though. Plus the dragon is supposed to kick the ball back at the flippers, right?

On Facebook they wrote there will be three exits for the mini playfield.

And from the Features matrix:
2 Drop-Off lanes, 1 Moon door. No Dragon Kick Back on the LE/Premium.

But what are Drop-off lanes? There will be a loop shot and the dragon will move, perhaps the drop off lanes are under the dragon,don't know we will see.

#3988 8 years ago

The game looks like a lot of fun!

#4037 8 years ago

Ok no matter what you guys here will make up that you don't like about this game. So far I think it looks like a lot of fun! And I want to play it right now!

#4085 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Maybe it's just too early to tell, but collecting gold coins to buy weapons to fight different houses has nothing to do with GOT.

Have you seen the show?
Yes, they have whitewalker, children of the forest, incest sex, sex, lot of sex, red weddings...........but in the background it's all about the money. Daenerys has the dragons, but needed an army and doesn't know how to reign, she has to learn it. Stannis has to go to the bank to get money.....and blows it away in the snow! The master of coins sometimes is more important than the hand. Did you miss all this? In the game of thrones, in the battle for the throne, they don't have enough money left to stock up the wall, that leaves it vulnerable to the invasion.
"The gold of the lannisters" yes, they have golden hair. But their gold mines gave them the might to do what they are doing. Tywin tries to explain this a few times in the show. The gold mines have no gold left, the money goes out. They have to get it from the bank and the bank wants something in return. The bank is one force behind all what is going on. And that's why the lannisters have to play the game of thrones.
Than we have the religion battles and own intrests. And everyone is forgetting about the real threat and that's the battle of the nature. Winter against summer. The whole setting is fantasy, but with a lot of problems we see in our real world.

And I think Stern did a very good implementation of this aspect of the theme or show in the game. Watch this:

After seeing this do you still think that collecting coins has nothing to do with GoT?
Cersei, Stannis, Daeneris...... all try to play the game of thrones. But like you they don't understand the rules of the game. Daeneris tries to learn it. The other two had to go down.
And what nobody understands, the game is not as important as the winter that is coming. This is what GoT makes into a modern fantasy world.
And GoT is NOT a simple big adventure fantasy like hobbit!!!!! It's a dark action packed realistic view of a fantasy world. With real world problems and NOT only a battle between good against evil. If you want this in your theme make it like I will do and buy a hobbit too. I will put both games next to each other and I like both themes cause they have dragons and are fantasy worlds but are very different.

#4088 8 years ago

The code already looks like fun and complex. I like what I saw in the stream. The shot and playfield multipliers are a cool new concept and the house factions are cool to. The RPG elements are fresh and new for me. I was a bit worried after hearing that Lyman was not doing the coding. But after seeing this I think perhaps it's good that Dwight is back at Stern!

#4096 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well this issue is only with mode based games. And my best example is LOTR. Yes, of course it is shooting the lit shot, but every one of them feels distinctive. As I'm attempting to Kill the Witchking, it's just a combo shot, but the sounds and dots always feel right. On Star Trek, it feels generic and random to me. Nothing ever cracks into that distinctive feeling. Just hey, over here next.
Games break down into a few catagorise for me. The "hit this a bunch of times, then hit it some more" (MB, Tron, IM). The quests (WOZ, LOTR). The big points games (MET, AC/DC). And the "shoot the lit shot" (Transformers, Star Trek, and it looks like GOT).
Each one of them adds some combination to make the game. Toss in some fun Multiballs and poof, it's a game. I like games in every catagory I listed. I was just looking for what is going to make GOT special.

What I saw from the stream is for an example the house Martel mode. It's the battle of the mountain vs. the red viper. You are in the role of the viper and like in the show he has to move fast around the mountain. In the stream you can see in this mode you have to make fast orbit shots, that feels not generic and random to me! Sure with a LCD it would be way more intense.

And I don't know if I am right for the Blackwater Multi Ball you have to collect wild fires with the right stand up targets, even if you are not in the multi ball. It's preperation for the big battle. If you are in the multi ball, I think every collected wild fire will give you a green shot to use it. It reminds me of my days of playing online RPGs, farming for the raid! And i think that is cool coding. I like what Dwight is doing here. The jousting looks interesting too. The first impression I have is, it doesn't look boring or like a flop, it does look like a lot of fun. I want to play this game!!!!

#4155 8 years ago

Never thought I would say this but the GoT theme music is getting annoying if it is overused. I hope they will work on this. Perhaps every house needs it's theme and they should all be very different to the main song.

#4294 8 years ago

The big question now for me: Is this playfield art only for the premium or for premium and LE?
I have a LE preordered but this looks way cooler on the playfield.

#4324 8 years ago

I like this playfield a lot more than the LE one. If they are different, I have to try to change my preorder to premium.

#4358 8 years ago

So they said on facebook Playfield art will be different on the premium to the LE.

I instantly wrote an email to my distributor and am hoping that he could change my order from LE to premium.

#4512 8 years ago

Has anybody heard when they plan to start building the premiums? This year or early next year?

#4520 8 years ago

I thought the LE artwork wasn't as bad as a few people here made it.
But the Premium looks really really good, yes perhaps it always could be better, I would like one character changed. I would like the wilding with the skull head changed to Ygrid. But the left side of this game with Jon Snow and the wildlings attacking the wall looks awesome good. I think that side is perfect!
GoT in the book has many unforgettable moments for me, the show has many of such moments too. But when one meoment stoods out for me.
But the translite is also the best version on the premium:
I think it's not a big spoiler, but when the white walker king rise his arms to rise the fallen and looks straight in jon snows eyes to show him: You have no chance, there is no hope! That moment gives me a shiver every time watching it. And now seeing this moment is on the translite......The white walker king on the translite now looks to the player of the pinball: You have no chance, there is no hope! I HAVE to buy the premium!!!!!

If you want to understand why, search on you tube for "Hardhome" and watch the two parts of this battle.

#4711 8 years ago

Birgitte Hjort Sørensen (the girl on the right side of the premium ) hints That We May Not Have Seen the Last of Her Game of Thrones Character
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/birgitte-hjort-sorenson-game-of-thrones-wildling-undead

#4849 8 years ago

I only hope we will see premiums before the LEs are sold out, else it will be a very long wait. One german distributor already lists the premiums for next year (29.01.16). I like the blue/dark playfield a lot more than the one on the LE. But I want to get my GoT this year before christmas.

#4863 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If a GOT premium averages $6500 shipped in the U.S what would the price be in your country?

In germany the premium shipped will be $9020 today and the LE is $10589!
The sales here will stay down as long as the euro is so weak against the dollar.

#4903 8 years ago

On the jack danger live stream chat the first thing I asked was if the house factions you can choose will have different layers of missions,if it's like star trek three layers deep in every mission? you can watch the stream and hear jodies answer. It was something like this " Is GoT like ST? NOOO it's not in space and will have knights and dragons in it!"

#4960 8 years ago

There are other things more important than the color of a DMD. Who wants a blue DMD can put one in or wait for a Color DMD or an other LCD mod if those will ever happen.

But there are other things I want to know. What will the dragon do on the LE/Prem? We still haven't seen a video or a clue about this toy. It has no kick back like some people here thought it will have. But the matrix says it will be mororized. So we will get more moving from it. Will it move up and down? Or will it move from side to side? Are the drop lanes behind it and we have to shoot for them? How can he fight back without kick back?
And the other big question for me is if we have to fight the dragon every time the ball goes to the mini playfield? Will the flippers on the mini playfield be active everytime the ball goes up there? Or will it flow like the pro ramp if the flippers are deactivated so the ball can travel through the "moon door" with almost the same smooth speed it goes along the ramp on the pro?
The flyer speaks of two "super speed ramps" on the prem/le. A small ramp to the mini playfield is not a high speed ramp in my opinion. But this is a SR game, so what is the master plan of the king of flow?

It would be cool if STERN would release one more mini video of the prem/LE mini playfield game play, but all we have seen for now left this game part out and I wonder why that is so.

#4977 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

So,Is that a good thing or bad thing?.That would make it a fast flowing shot if you chose,I guess.

A very good thing!

#5005 8 years ago

Wrong! there are more than one red priest in got

#5008 8 years ago

Cool new GoT toys posted on the game of thrones facebook page for topper ideas:

Gameofthrones.jpgGameofthrones.jpg
Gameofthrones2.jpgGameofthrones2.jpg

#5058 8 years ago

Good gameplay videos are nice. But what I like on the DeadFlip stream is the character of the show, playing a few games of pinball with friends, having fun, that is the soul of this hobby.
This would even be a good TV show concept when he would invite more famous people.

#5091 8 years ago

I have to work on friday night, so I can not follow the Dead flip chat this time
Or the people in my pub have to wait even longer for their beers than usual.

#5134 8 years ago

Different tastes, the brightness is what I like on the new STERNS.

#5174 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

All those childish downvote stalkers need to grow up.

Yes, sure it's childish to vote someone down who criticised and bashed something, that he has never tried out before? And nobody here had. You don't like the WOZ mini playfield? That's ok. You don't like other mini playfields? Ok too. Not every mini playfield is fun and for everyone. And if you just THINK this will play out the same and you write this, nobody would give you a downvote. "Zzzzzz....The lay out is there, wont change. You can like it or not. Dont need playtime for that."
Perhaps you can tell me more about the layout please?
For me this one doesn't look like any mini playfield I have seen before and I can't wait to see how it will work. I don't know if I will like it or if you will like it. Perhaps it's boring as hell and nobody here will like it. But how can you tell it????
Have you played it so you can judge it already?
So can you please enlighten us how it will work?
Do you have to play it everytime the ball goes up there? What will the motorized dragon do? What are the flooting lights? Where are the three exits on this thing? How much of control will you have? How smooth will it be integrated in the gameplay? How will the ball travel if you shoot under the dragon?

As long as you can not tell us more about it. I think your post was one of the most childish posts I read here and that's why you got so many downvotes for it.

I am not sure how the gameplay will be on the miniplayfield but I think if you do nothing it will be bypassed like it is not there. I think the lightning of the mini playfield will be something special we haven't seen anything about it so far. But I think the thin cheap looking plastic walls are there for a reason. Perhaps this thing will look cool like it's exploding from the dragonfire. And I hope the motorized dragon toy will be more interactiv and move in sync with the dmd animations. So it will be somekind of moving target like a mini version of the bdk crane or the buck on bh. What we have seen so far is that the flippers on the mini playfield will give the player untypical for a mini playfield more ball control than usual. And I think this will be needed. For me this looks not like a normal simple miniplayfield, it looks like a cool epic battle field And the U turn on the left side makes it even more interesting. But still, before we have seen more it's way to early for a judgment.

#5259 8 years ago

Just noticed on the facebook clip of the LE the floodlights on the mini playfield. I want to see how this will work.

#5379 8 years ago

I am very thankful for the stream. Game looks like it could be fun and good. But now I think I have to play it first before I will buy one. There is one thing that I thought will be way cooler. The dragon! It has a cool fiire breath effect but I don't see it more motorized than on the pro. And so I don't get the whole mini playfield concept. Yes it will have almost the flow of the pro and it's cool to have so much control up there. I just don't know if playing it will be fun to me or if the pro will be better for me. I wasn't in on the LE, have a prem on preorder and think I will cancel even the prem until we have seen more.

#5415 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also, the word is that the dragon moves more, but the code isn't there yet.

I hope that is true!!! After seeing that for now the dragon doesn't do anything that the pro can do, I am in very deep doubts about buying a premium.

I can live with the video like dots. But there are so many things I am missing in the dots and I hope it's cause the code is so early. As an example, when you hit the kickback on the LE from what I saw in the stream, there is no feedback for it. I thought we will see the white walker from the premium translite hardhome episode doing his magic or something like this. But for now there is no feedback.

And for now the animations I saw are way to tame. For me GoT is no family/child friendly knight adventure theme. Ok this game has RPG elements but it doesn't have to be a final fantasy. I miss for now that it's a cold brutal grim world and I still hope they put more GoT in the animations. I don't think that GoT is a slasher theme. But when I think of the jousting in the show, I don't see two happy knights riding horses. I see a cheater with a female horse in heat and a mountain of a man slashing his beautiful horse as punishment. The theme isn't only about nudity sex and violence, but it's a big part of the theme. And perhaps STERN should watch the show again to get closer to the theme with the DMD animations!

This stream left me with the feeling that I want to play the game, but I am suddenly very unsure if I want to buy it. It's a ritchie game, so it will be fun. But I would buy it for the GoT theme. Otherwise I could get an other Ritchie game cheaper. I thought there goal was to suck the player into the world of GoT.

#5434 8 years ago

I am still very confused, perhaps someone who played it can help here. On facebook Stern said, that under the dragon is a kickback mounted on the LE. Is this the kickback mounted under the castle in the same position as on the pro? Or does the prem/le have 2 kickbacks?

#5443 8 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I could be rusty on my GoT stuff, but why in the rules is house Targaryen fighting three dragons? Wouldn't it be more like help three dragons since she commands them?

You can't select house Targaryen as a faction for the player you can only choose to battle house targaryen on your way to the iron throne.

#5446 8 years ago

Perhaps you are right. We will have a new version of BK with a few images and motives from the GoT show.
This game will play fast and good from what we saw in the stream. It will have interesting rules, but I get more and more concerned about if it will have enough GoT in it to respect the theme. The artwork is what it is but I read here that STERN wasn't even allowed to show blood on the swords of the playfield.
I think even with more added to the code it will end as a tame family and child friendly version of GoT and in the end there won't be much left from the original show. I would like to know the fools that are working for HBO that are behind those dumb restrictions.

1 week later
#5506 8 years ago

Today I called my distributor and gone back from the prem/pro to the LE. First when they anounced the game, I said I will take the LE unseen, after seeing the playfield I was unsure if this realy is about GoT, then I said I will order the Prem, but after seeing the gameplay of the pro I was unsure if the pro isn't enough for me. I even was in doubt if I should not wait for JJP3 or Ghostbusters with the LCD. The game is crazy expensive here in europe but I am a to big fan of GoT and Steve Ritchie to miss this pin. So today I looked at all the pictures and videos and went all in. Life is to short.
I hope I did the right thing!

#5513 8 years ago

There was a picture from the pinball-universe facebook page that shows the backglas better than on other pictures. Looks great, way better than I thought before.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#5564 8 years ago

The LEs are now on the STERN factory line, I hope we will see more of the miniplayfield dragon soon.
I want to see what the dragon really can do.
And I think we will see dramatic changes in the whole lightning. One of the mini clips on the face book page shows a different start of the Black Water Multi Ball than we saw in the stream. And if you check in the code with pinball browser you see an archer that shoots an arrow up in the sky. In the miniclip the insert leds of the playfield are simulating an arrow shot. It was a surprise for me that this wasn't in the LE stream. So I think what we have seen so far was just a version of the pro code on the LE. And there will be a lot more when the code of the prem/LE is more finished.

#5586 8 years ago

The Sidework of the LE from the artists facebook page:Sideart Game of thrones.jpgSideart Game of thrones.jpg

#5634 8 years ago

I wonder why we haven't seen any video that shows the full potential of the dragon toy on the LE?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=Asael and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.