image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 114.
#4551 8 years ago

While I do prefer the premium PF and the Translight art. I'm going to sit this one out. Unless it turns out to be as good as AcDc then I'd get a premium down the road.

But the cabinet artwork is just lazy and poor choice of characters, it's like they just picked 7 images and that's that. Nothing like a scene or a reason for having those characters. I mean a wildling girl but not Ned Stark? There are lots of characters in the north, dozens but they pick a few who are tangential or fleeting to the main story.

Anyway pure drivel and laziness by Stern, I'm underwhelmed.

Now if it's a top20 game and plays well down the road, I'll buy it, but the art package kicks it on the dirt IMO.

I'm in a wait and see mode.

Con list
No shaker
No color Dmd
No power coated armor and legs

That's another $1000 I need to add

More cons
Too many Gears
Too many Video mode

#4552 8 years ago

Gonna have to wait and see. Not crazy about the art, but the prem is better. Game play is going to make a big difference here. If it's great, a lot of people, including me, may change their opinion....

PS: I never thought that chainmail thing was a shield. It's just a shape with shields on it ...IMO

#4553 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

soo... Playfield updated. The shield is now made out of chainmail. When have you EVER seen a shield made out of chainmail? Never... Because, you do not make shields out of CHAINMAIL!

Not only that, it's a shield with little shield-shaped holes in it! Arrows could get through that easily!

#4554 8 years ago

Isn't art suppose to be well, art? The shield is just a design. The chainmail looks a lot better as a design than cheesy photoshop effects. I suppose it would look cool like a real shield but then people would complain that its not artsy enough.

#4555 8 years ago

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the Premium artwork. Although I think the character selection could have been a bit better. Here is a very rough mock up of what I would of liked as the optimal character selection. Jon Snow is the only one I think deserves to be on there twice, but swap him to the other side so he is further away from the side art. Alliser in for Tormund dupe, Ygritte in for Rattleshirt/Lord of Bones dupe, and Mance in for Karsi (Seriously? They put a character that was only in one episode!?!? Totally puzzled at this choice)

GotChange.jpgGotChange.jpg

#4556 8 years ago

I think that some of you guys just like to bitch and complain about stuff.

#4557 8 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Any idea when premiums will be delivered ? Q1 2016 ?

My distrib. said Nov. this year.

Quoted from pinballophobe:

Have they shipped out the kiss prem?
Would be a blow if they haven't to kiss prem orders if they shipped got prem first

I saw a KISS Premium where we play league recently still in box.

#4559 8 years ago

As someone who's never seen the show but loves pinball, I want more Skeletor dude and fewer actor headshots.

#4560 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

As someone who's never seen the show but loves pinball, I want more Skeletor dude and fewer actor headshots.

Yeah! Skeletor dude and a some of that sexy blonde girl.

#4561 8 years ago

soo... Playfield updated. The shield is now made out of chainmail. When have you EVER seen a shield made out of chainmail?

Love the irony of a Star Trek nerd complaining about "realism in fantasy."

#4562 8 years ago

When have you EVER seen a shield made out of chainmail? Never... Because, you do not make shields out of CHAINMAIL!

Your comment may well be the funniest one in this thread.

Take a step back, breath, and get a grip on your inner nerd.

#4563 8 years ago
Quoted from netshark:

(Seriously? They put a character that was only in one episode!?!? Totally puzzled at this choice)

The should have just called the Premium the Hardhome Edition apparently.

#4564 8 years ago

I found the perfect sigil for this thread!

FlayedMan.jpgFlayedMan.jpg

#4565 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Isn't art suppose to be well, art? The shield is just a design. The chainmail looks a lot better as a design than cheesy photoshop effects. I suppose it would look cool like a real shield but then people would complain that its not artsy enough.

The nit picking is an extension of the general complaint that the story is not fully reflected on the visuals on any of the 3 games, meaning a little change can go a long way as evidenced in with the Premium playfield... so lets give a little credit to the nit pickers of the world

#4566 8 years ago

Just wondering. Has anyone noticed a blue rose anywhere on the Premium? If not maybe the artist should have paid a bit more attention to the actual books.......

For non book readers it's probably been missed but for those who have read the books a few times t's a major link throughout the whole series.... Kind of like the Bale/Able references

Premium appeals to me a lot more than the ltd version. Looking forward to playing it and hopefully buying one

#4567 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It's never been more obvious than in this thread.

#4568 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hey, hey hey!

You just wait a minute there mister!

This is PINBALL - OBVIOUSLY things like photoshop gradient use is CRITICAL to playing and enjoying pinball.

You dilettante !

#4569 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Hey, hey hey!
You just wait a minute there mister!
This is PINBALL - OBVIOUSLY things like photoshop gradient use is CRITICAL to playing and enjoying pinball.
You dilettante !

Don't forget the infamous bevel and emboss!

#4570 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Don't forget the infamous bevel and emboss!

Oh, yeah..... you're speaking my language now!

If you nail bevel and emboss JUST RIGHT- shit, you don't even need to launch a ball to fully enjoy the game....

Bevel & Emboss Baby, Bevel and Emboss!

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!

#4571 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Oh, yeah..... you're speaking my language now!
If you nail bevel and emboss JUST RIGHT- shit, you don't even need to launch a ball to fully enjoy the game....
Bevel & Emboss Baby, Bevel and Emboss!
TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!

I guess you just have low standards.

#4572 8 years ago

I find myself coming to this thread more and more for comic relief then to learn about GOT

#4573 8 years ago

Could someone post side by side comparison of the cabinet and backglass artwork?
I'm ultimately purchasing. Can't pass on a Richie. The man is a genius in game flow to me.

#4574 8 years ago

.....of the premium vs. LE.

#4575 8 years ago

I can pass on a Ritchie pin easily but I couldn't pass on a Ritchie/Lyman pin at all.

#4576 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm surprised they used two of the same characters on the translite and the right cabinet side and in similar positions.
458489-i.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. The same is true for the other side with Jon Snow. I like the idea of the side art for the backbox with him and Ghost, but having him positioned right around the corner on the backglass as well seemed ill-thought out. And I'm fine with him being on the backglass--I just would have thought that he would have been moved to the opposite side in this instance.

Left Side GOT Cab.jpgLeft Side GOT Cab.jpg

The biggest surprise of all however was the inclusion of the Lord of Bones character.--twice no less. If I had to list my top 50 favorite characters to include once--I'm not sure the Lord of Bones would have made the cut, let alone twice. Ygritte alongside Jon Snow seemed like the top two must haves--no?

And maybe our usage of the term "shield" was a bit of a misnomer when we were discussing the metal gradient in the past, but my first thought of the new playfield was "Just how does a Chain Mail Shield work anyway??" It's better than the gradient for sure, but it still left me scratching my head. I envisioned an Iron Throne here with each of the houses trying to take control of it.

Chain Mail Shield.PNGChain Mail Shield.PNG

#4577 8 years ago

soo... Playfield updated. The shield is now made out of chainmail. When have you EVER seen a shield made out of chainmail? Never... Because, you do not make shields out of CHAINMAIL! So other than a shield, that now just uses a flat "pattern overlay" layer style and replaced the brown with blue. Nothing has changed, this is still ugly!

Missed this post before commenting on another--but this was one of my first thoughts as well. "A chain mail shield eh? How does THAT work?" I chalked it up to "Maybe the shape was just a coincidence and they weren't really going for "shield" in the first place."

#4578 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The should have just called the Premium the Hardhome Edition apparently.

I actually thought they were going all in on House Stark with Jared's comments of "Winter is Coming" (which is their house motto as I understand it). I can see what he was eluding to now with the redesigned playfield art, but I wasn't anticipating a recap of the last episode at all.

#4579 8 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

Missed this post before commenting on another--but this was one of my first thoughts as well. "A chain mail shield eh? How does THAT work?" I chalked it up to "Maybe the shape was just a coincidence and they weren't really going for "shield" in the first place."

Yup. Just a background for the shield inserts.

#4580 8 years ago

Is it just me or does the white walker boss dude's arms on the backglass look like those of Mr. Scissorhands?

#4581 8 years ago

Artwork is weak (IMHO), but the playfield layout looks pretty sweet.

#4582 8 years ago

Stern Stern Stern, don't you know by now all pinball machines should be a work of custom art not photoshopped pictures?

#4583 8 years ago

Stern posted some high resolution photos of the LE cabinet just now.
But in the background of this shot appears to be a prototype playfield with a solid red castle.

GOT_Red_Castle_Prototype.jpgGOT_Red_Castle_Prototype.jpg

#4584 8 years ago

Still think it's a shield. Just a really bad one. [RED ARROWS] Notice the shape that is behind the "shield" it is not the gradient metal or chainmail. Just the center that is the same shape as all the other shields. If this was just a background texture it would fill beyond this "shield" shape.

shield.jpgshield.jpg

#4585 8 years ago

The same is true for the other side with Jon Snow. I like the idea of the side art for the backbox with him and Ghost, but having him positioned right around the corner on the backglass as well seemed ill-thought out. And I'm fine with him being on the backglass--I just would have thought that he would have been moved to the opposite side in this instance.

Don't worry, the way Stern decals have been peeling off lately I'm sure it will be easy to swap him over to the other side.

#4586 8 years ago

I think it's really unfair to even put GOT in the same conversation as LOTR. Let's not forget, LOTR is Stern's highest ranked pin of all time. And it is considered the greatest integration of theme into pin. From the art, the music, the modes, the playfield, the toys, the ring shot, the aragon sword lock, the legolas bow ramp., the callouts from the movie and Gimli's super jackpot ha ha ha....It's almost perfect. Since GOT was revealed, nothing but gripes.

Did people complain about LOTR when it was revealed?

#4587 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I think it's really unfair to even put GOT in the same conversation as LOTR. Let's not forget, LOTR is Stern's highest ranked pin of all time. And it is considered the greatest integration of theme into pin. From the art, the music, the modes, the playfield, the toys, the ring shot, the aragon sword lock, the legolas bow ramp., the callouts from the movie and Gimli's super jackpot ha ha ha....It's almost perfect. Since GOT was revealed, nothing but gripes.

No, all people did on the pinball forums back then was brag about their car.

#4588 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I can tell you that aside from the low resolution printing of it, I never complained about the LOTR art when I owned one.

#4589 8 years ago

Except this game will be so fast it'll make LOTR seem like Whoa Nellie.

#4590 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

No, all people did on the pinball forums back then was brag about their car.

See this type of negative / personal attack is what's wrong with some on here. Totally uncalled for.

#4591 8 years ago

LE with maybe a new translite is my fave of the 3.

#4592 8 years ago

i was told the premium would be probably late November and was quoted a couple hundred under the msrp. So with taxes and shipping it's just over $11000cdn.

I assume that the next few seasons of the show will feature these characters more, making this artwork more relevant as time passes. Although I would have preferred a translight looking more like the LE with Jon snow, ygritte and mellisandra(?).

#4593 8 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

At least the translite is easy to fix.

#4594 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

LOTR is Stern's highest ranked pin of all time

That would be TSPP

#4595 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I assume that the next few seasons of the show will feature these characters more, making this artwork more relevant as time passes.

Or not. I mean, the side art features a character that was in only one episode and is dead, Rattleshirt is dead, and that's leaving out the whole "is Jon Snow dead?" aspect.

#4596 8 years ago

No one is dead!!!! The ice king will bring them all back as zombies.

#4597 8 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

I just saw the hi res pics of the art package on sterns fb. I'm really liking it more and more.

#4598 8 years ago

More pics of The LE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg

image_5.jpegimage_5.jpeg

image.pngimage.png

#4599 8 years ago

Any idea what those Coils do in the backbox? Or just for testing?

#4600 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Any idea what those Coils do in the backbox? Or just for testing?

And the answer can not be "Stay Tuned" Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.